Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

God's Great Free Gift of Salvation for Everyone

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Speaking for myself I have to say yes, but not the unforgivable sin of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. I would be sinning if I said no I never sin. please forgive me Lord.
Would saying "Jesus had sin in Him" be blaspheming the Holy Spirit?
By saying a man in Christ, (which all Christians are), has sin in him, while he is in Christ, makes Jesus the supporter and advocate of sin.
Ergo, the sin is Christ's.
Are you ready to support that argument before the throne of God?

There are two kinds of righteousness. There is the righteousness of man and then there is the righteousness of God. No one possess the righteousness of God simply because, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. All have been born after Adam and have a fallen nature, Romans 5:12.
Go down a few verses and see the conclusion of Paul's indictment of the Jews.
It is written..."But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe:..." (Rom 3:21-22)
Our rebirth from God's seed nullifies Adam's seed.
Thanks be to God.

Yes.
I can't remember what you said last time!
:)
The "man" in question who needs forgiveness is the converting man.
That forgiveness is supplied after his repentance from sin and his baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins.
Peter stated this in Acts 2;38.
The only way any more sin would occur is if the repentance from sin was a lie to God.

Go down a few verses and see the conclusion of Paul's indictment of the Jews.
It is written..."But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe:..." (Rom 3:21-22)
Our rebirth from God's seed nullifies Adam's seed.
Thanks be to God.
I am afraid not. We are still here on this earth in our unredeemed Adamic bodies, Romans 8:23. Our old unredeemed adamic bodies cannot be inhilated by the works of the law. Christians have two natures, the nature of Adam and the nature of Christ. These two natures are in conflict with each other.

I am afraid not. We are still here on this earth in our unredeemed Adamic bodies, Romans 8:23. Our old unredeemed adamic bodies cannot be inhilated by the works of the law. Christians have two natures, the nature of Adam and the nature of Christ. These two natures are in conflict with each other.
The vessel doesn't matter.
Who is "at the wheel"?
Your body can't make you sin, as it is at the behest of your mind.
Hopefully, the new mind of the new creature.
The new creature has no lingering influences from that which has been killed with Christ.
Are you a new creature?

The vessel doesn't matter.
Who is "at the wheel"?
Your body can't make you sin, as it is at the behest of your mind.
Hopefully, the new mind of the new creature.
The new creature has no lingering influences from that which has been killed with Christ.
Are you a new creature?
Spiritually, Christians are new creations in Jesus Christ, Physically, they are the chief of sinners.

By saying a man in Christ, (which all Christians are), has sin in him, while he is in Christ, makes Jesus the supporter and advocate of sin.
That is the most awful, twisted, convoluted, anti-Christ statement I have ever heard. Jesus is sinless, the sin is mine, as are all my thoughts and actions which are all attributable to my free-will. I am a work in progress.

Then people say there is no freewill in sinful man, when in reality some choose Christ and others choose the opposer.

Jesus said no man can serve two masters. I am a generally a good servant while my master is faultless. I wonder who others serve?

Last edited:
Peter did not want Jesus to wash his feet.
Pride.
One of the two traits that make us sin the most: Pride and Egoism

In the end Peter allowed it.
Peter knows Christ has the words of eternal life, to believe and be sure that Christ is the Son of the living God.

After that, what a shock for Christ to bow down to wash Peters feet. peter reacts as if there is a test going on, and declares the Lord will never wash his feet.

Jesus reassures Peter, ho it is necessary, to have part with Christ. peter immediately answers, he wants to be washed more, not his feet only, but his hands and his head also.

John 6:67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?
68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

John 13:6 Then cometh he to Simon Peter: and Peter saith unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet?
7 Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.
8 Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.
9 Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.
10 Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.

If Christians cannot sin, why did Jesus make provision for their sins?
He authorized the Apostles to forgive and it would be forgiven in heaven,
to retain and it would be retained in heaven.
What could this possibly mean except that we can still sin?

It means as said. If people do not hear ( the preaching of the cross/the Gospel) they are bound. If anyone hears, what the Apostles heard( from Christ) they are loosed on earth and in Heaven.

Sin is unbelief in Jesus Christ ( the Word.)

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Matthew 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

John 20:23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

If you are going to believe the Bible you will have to believe that the law and the commandments have been abolished, Ephesians 2:15. Jesus nailed it to his cross, Colossians 2:14. The law is the nature and character of God. Jesus was God's law incarnate in human flesh, Romans 3:21. Under the New Covenant, "The just shall live by faith" Romans 1:17. The Pharisees made the law their Jesus. Paul said, "By the deeds of the law (what we do) no flesh will be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20. Christians are not law loving Pharisees, Christians are led by the Holy Spirit and not the law.
The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Christ.

Pharisees were law hating, hence not loving their neighbour as themselves ( as in the law)

By the deeds of the law no flesh was justified. ( as they sinned in the knowledge of the law) now we receive the promise of God ( faith and knowledge of Christ, knowledge of salvation by the remission of our sins.) to add virtue and charity to our faith to not be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Matthew 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.2 Peter 1:
4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Luke 1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

2 Peter 1:5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The new covenant is not the one they broke and did not continue in:

Hebrews 8:9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

The new covenant is the one where God writes the same laws in our heart and mind ( to fulfil the righteousness of the same law)

Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

The new covenant is not the same as the old one, where the false prophets teach and deceive everybody, so why do they still try:

Hebrews 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Peter came to the realization that it was not just his feet that were dirty but that his whole being was corrupt.

Peter trusted in Christ. Christ told Him it had to be done, as He later told them He had to go away ( die for all of us) or there will be no Holy Spirit ( comforter)

John 16:6 But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

See, it's right there. If you want to be my disciple. That's more than a follower, and there's a price to pay for it. Just ask the disciples!

There's like, levels of relatonship with the Lord. It goes, Servant, Friend, Son, Bride. Now, I'm not sure where Disciple fits in there between which two, but it has a price.
Disciple is follower.

Then disciples were called Christians..

Acts 11:26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

So what though?! What could be stupider than to not invest oneslf in the Lord? So it will be hard. But the trials teach you and help you along your way of development in Christ.

Evolve spiritually. The Lord loves Babes in Christ, but He desires mature christians who are spiritually awake.

Putting on Christ, cant be developed.

Romans 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
13 Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying.
14 But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.

Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

Colossians 3:12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

And, there is no sin in Christ, so those in Him can't have any sin either !
There is no doubt in Christ, doubt can be in us.

If we be dead with Him, we live with Him. ( suffering and enduring the death of the cross) if we deny Him. ( denying that Christ endued the cross) then Christ denies us for not enduring. ( only Christ cannot deny Himself, for us, it is to not deny Christ also.)

2 Timothy 2:11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:
12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

Galatians 6:9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Hebrews 6:12 That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
13 For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,
14 Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee.
15 And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise.

Hebrews 12:1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

James 5:8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.
9 Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.
10 Take, my brethren, the prophets, who have spoken in the name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.
11 Behold, we count them happy which endure. Ye have heard of the patience of Job, and have seen the end of the Lord; that the Lord is very pitiful, and of tender mercy.

Will a "believer" continue to commit sin?
Pride is sin, selfishness is sin, as it is not as Christ who sought only for the wealth of others.

Sin always has been love for ones self, and now it seems the most popular doctrine is only discussing loving your own selves

Psalm 59:12 For the sin of their mouth and the words of their lips let them even be taken in their pride: and for cursing and lying which they speak.

1 Corinthians 10:24 Let no man seek his own, but every man another's wealth.

2 Corinthians 8:8 I speak not by commandment, but by occasion of the forwardness of others, and to prove the sincerity of your love.
9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

2 Timothy 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

There are two kinds of righteousness. There is the righteousness of man and then there is the righteousness of God. No one possess the righteousness of God simply because, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. All have been born after Adam and have a fallen nature, Romans 5:12.

God wants us to be one with Him, there is no separation any more..

John 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Spiritually, Christians are new creations in Jesus Christ, Physically, they are the chief of sinners.

Christ came to save the sinners, and Apostle Paul is the chief example to be saved. ( chief sinner)

Howbeit, Apostle Paul received mercy for Christ to show in Paul a pattern of all longsuffering. ( suffering in the flesh to cease from sin)

Arming ourselves with the same mind of Christ, ( believing that Christ suffered for us in the flesh to the death of the cross, so we also endure our cross with Him)

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

1 Peter 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

This is how we tell the difference between the false Apostles, and the Apostles of the Lord. The false Apostles suffer nothing, but are lifted up in pride instead....

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

2 Corinthians 11:23 Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.
24 Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
25 Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;
26 In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;
27 In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.

Cooper: "Jesus is sinless, the sin is mine, as are all my thoughts and actions which are all attributable to my free-will. I am a work in progress."

Sin is unbelief, that is why anyone can be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin ( of unbelief)

Hebrews 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

Then we are told in truth, we are partakers of Christ, if we hold fast unto the end. If we are to hear HIs voice, we are to not harden our hearts.

Hebrews 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.

Hebrews 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

Israel never knew the ways of the Lord through the unbelief of hardening their hearts.

Israel were never a work in progress, never had free will ( they were always in bondage to sin and never were made free, through belief in Christ, and not slaves to sin, self seeking for ourselves is not belief in Christ for anyone, it is not charity, we did not see that example, we saw Him instead lay His life down for us, this is love..)

John 8:33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

1 Corinthians 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

The "man" in question who needs forgiveness is the converting man.
That forgiveness is supplied after his repentance from sin and his baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins.
Peter stated this in Acts 2;38.
The only way any more sin would occur is if the repentance from sin was a lie to God.
Sin is in man, unbelief is in man.

God is faith.

You have no comparison.

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Back