Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

HELL

I just might have impressed with "all" of these definitions "but" I'll take sides with my savior here and believe what he says about it, now add to that I saw this place.
Now my question to you is which version do "you" believe, and By the way, do you know where "your" going when you leave this world? and "why"

turnorburn said:
I just might have impressed with "all" of these definitions "but" I'll take sides with my savior here and believe what he says about it, now add to that I saw this place.
Now my question to you is which version do "you" believe, and By the way, do you know where "your" going when you leave this world? and "why"

MY RESPONSE; Turnorburn, are you saying, "i just might have BEEN impressed..."? Capitals, mine.

My friend, the authenic words of Jesus are the only ones that are valid. So, help me out. What does it mean if "Gehenna" is in the Greek text, and yet the 'translators' chose "hell" as the equivalent English word? Which are the words or Jesus?

What exactly do you mean by "now add to that I saw this place"?

Getting to your question: When I leave this world, it will be when I'm caught up to meet the Lord in the air. If I have died, then I will be raised first and put on incorruption; if I am sill alive, then I will be changed, be made immortal, and together with those who have been raised from the grave, meet the Lord in the air, and then be in the celestials enjoying all the spiritual blessings prepared by God. See 1 Cor. 15:51ff; 1 Thes. 4:15-17; Ephesians, chapts. 1-3.

turnorborn, I would love to see you debate JayR about your doctrines of Hell, and who goes there!!

First of all, that youtube video is just emotional sensationalism with no credibility in reality. No one knows what it will be like after death, AND too many sects of Christianity differ greatly ON the topic. Secondly, and most importantly, JayR would say that the "guy who died and was going to hell" deserved to go there because he "wasn't one of the elect or he would have received Christ". . . . . . . . that he "is hated by God and God will enjoy this guy's suffering in hell".

By the way, I believe that Bick DID answer all three of your questions. He stated what he believed, stated where he was going, and why he believed so. :-?

BTW, . . . as for the "Sounds of Hell" youtube video. . . . . . .

http://www.snopes.com/religion/wellhell.asp

I think a good definition of hell is: It's a place and state that is absent of Love. There would be torments since no Love is there and selfishness is the rule of "law" so-to-speak. We make the choice on earth where we will end up. God does not enjoy the fact that people will be there it actually makes Him weep. It breaks His heart. Many will be surprised who is in heaven and hell. When you go to heaven(hopefully) you will probably see people that you will say "I didn't think they would be here". Many church going people who are judgmental and lack Love will be judged by the standard they judge others.

My 2 cents

God supposedly CREATED Hell, and there are some on this board who will say that God, in fact, DOESN'T weep over them, but actually finds pleasure in their suffering.

Of course, I don't believe that at all. I don't believe God creates Hell for people. People create their own Hell here on earth. I'm more likely to agree with Bick on this topic.

Orion said:
turnorborn, I would love to see you debate JayR about your doctrines of Hell, and who goes there!!

First of all, that youtube video is just emotional sensationalism with no credibility in reality. No one knows what it will be like after death, AND too many sects of Christianity differ greatly ON the topic. Secondly, and most importantly, JayR would say that the "guy who died and was going to hell" deserved to go there because he "wasn't one of the elect or he would have received Christ". . . . . . . . that he "is hated by God and God will enjoy this guy's suffering in hell".

By the way, I believe that Bick DID answer all three of your questions. He stated what he believed, stated where he was going, and why he believed so. :-?

Yes JayR would say this. That is because most Hyper-Calvinist are very confused about who the elect are and how the elect are chosen. Hyper-Calvinist hold to this extreme view that you mentioned.

http://www.spurgeon.org/~phil/articles/hypercal.htm

Vic was the first to post this site. It was published by a Calvinist. Unfortunately these forums seem to attrack more of the Hyper-Calvinist than the true Calvinist.

You are current that many Christians have a different interpretation of Hell. That is most likely cause by the gerenal use of the word in the KJV. That is why when I read the KJV,(which is my primary source) and I run across the word "Hell", I always refer to my interlinear bible to get the greek or hebrew that was originally written. :) :wink:

Where do you see "In Scripture" God loves to see people suffer? Or do all of you that shout that dribble from the rooftops believe its true. I'll tell you what I think, and that is most of these people lean heavily on there father the devil, I know he thinks this way, he hates you he hates God, he hates for the very sake of hating.

Oh I almost forgot, "I've seen hell" Now go and ask "Bick" what he thinks

turnorburn, ask JayR about his thoughts on "God having pleasure over the suffering in Hell".

I don't think your "vision of Hell" is what you think it was. Regardless, just because you may have "seen Hell" doesn't make what you think you saw, . . . Hell.

What in the name of common sense are you talking about? and what's your point here, I assume you ""are" trying to make one? This is almost like arguing with an atheist, "like so"....

Joshua S. Black, when addressing an atheist said, "For people who don't believe in God, you guys sure are paranoid about something!!" How true that is. I have known many atheists, and I have found them to be totally committed to their negative cause. They are zealots, fanatics--who are serious, angry, hateful, and blasphemous towards something they don't believe in. And what's more, they spend their time gathering fuel for the fire of their hatred for God and those that love Him. They gather what they think is legitimate fuel, whether it is atrocities committed by hypocritical religions of history, or the horrors of the Inquisition (the Catholic church torturing Christians for their faith in Jesus). They even gather unintelligent and unscientific material. It qualifies for use because it fits their presuppositions. Any fuel will do, as long at it puts smoke between them and the God they hate "without cause." It was Jonathon Miller who said, "In some awful, strange, paradoxical way, atheists tend to take religion more seriously than the practitioners." So, what is this "something" about which they are so paranoid? It is the same "something" that makes criminals paranoid, and it is that paranoia that fuels criminals to have a deep-rooted hatred for the police. It's not the individual officer they hate; it's what he stands for--civil law. And that's the root of the hatred that the atheist has for God and for those that represent Him. Once again, the Bible has said this all along. It hits the nail on its big and hard head: Romans 8:7: ". . because the mind of the flesh [with its carnal thoughts and purposes] is hostile to God, for it does not submit itself to God's Law; indeed it cannot" (Amplified Bible). They hate the morality that God's Law demands. That's the fuel for their hostility.

And hate the idea of a Hell that burns with fire and brimstone, you are aware that God made hell for the devil and his angels where you not?
My vision of this awful place drives me to preach the gospel, but the world would rather the vision were of sugarplums..

turnorburn said:
Where do you see "In Scripture" God loves to see people suffer?
Where do you see in scripture that everything is in scripture?
turnorburn said:
Or do all of you that shout that dribble from the rooftops believe its true. I'll tell you what I think, and that is most of these people lean heavily on there father the devil, I know he thinks this way, he hates you he hates God, he hates for the very sake of hating.
the old father's the devil statement....hmmm..... maybe if you're going to tell others that their father is the devil you should treat people with Love so as not to confuse people, that way they don't think that about you. You seem to relish in the fact that some people will go to hell... It personally makes my heart break

It appears you haven't heard Jesus call the religious leaders of his day that very same thing, would you rebuke him as well?

Orion wrote: OOooooookay. . . . . . . . . . . . I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that, too. I choose to see much of this language as figurative. Much of what Jesus said was in parable form, or in other words, . . . . figurative language, not literal.

Are you prepared to back that statement by spending eternity in a figurative hell
that you've conjured up in your mind, that's up to you. As long as we're on the subject, could you share with us how your going to escape this place, and why?

turnorburn said:
It appears you haven't heard Jesus call the religious leaders of his day that very same thing, would you rebuke him as well?
I've heard Jesus call them that...but I would say that you are no Jesus. So I don't think the comparison works

And your no Captain Kangaroo, I brought that link as a gift because you have shown me your curious about the subject matter, so why not have a look see, it can't hurt.. ;-)
CaptKangarooBunnyR.jpg

turnorburn said:
Orion wrote: OOooooookay. . . . . . . . . . . . I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that, too. I choose to see much of this language as figurative. Much of what Jesus said was in parable form, or in other words, . . . . figurative language, not literal.

Are you prepared to back that statement by spending eternity in a figurative hell
that you've conjured up in your mind, that's up to you. As long as we're on the subject, could you share with us how your going to escape this place, and why?

There's no reason to escape from a place that doesn't exist.

This "lake of fire" is talked about in the most figuratively written book in the Bible. SO much of it is figurative that I fail to see how you can choose "the lake of fire" as literal. Why not "the beast that emerges from the sea"? Does one seem more fantastical than the other? :-?

th56308454.jpg

I've run out of things to say, you need to be having this conversation with God not me. There in his presence you will get your chance to explain your feelings, and
may God have mercy on your immortal soul..

Back