Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Here's a Poll just because I'm curious

Can a true believing Mormon receive salvation (assuming they believe in Jesus)?

• Yes

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

When the bases of something is based on a complete untruth (The Book of Mormon) how much truth is truly there?
This is so true. But maybe I misunderstood the poll question somehow. I see I am the only one in this forum that believes a person who believes in the Mormon doctrine is NOT saved. Or maybe I just believe differently than everyone else...

nope your sure not...A person could be fooled for a while but if one is looking for Christ , he will get out of LDS.

Society, even the Christian believers have bought way to far into how wonderful tolerance is... to the point of not being willing to stand for anything...
God help the USA Christian when isis unloads here..

This is so true. But maybe I misunderstood the poll question somehow. I see I am the only one in this forum that believes a person who believes in the Mormon doctrine is NOT saved. Or maybe I just believe differently than everyone else...
My question should have been worded as: can a Mormon who believes in a different Jesus than the Bible receive salvation. I'm undecided just because I know Mormons who claim to have a relationship with Him, love Him and It's hard for me to understand why God would send such a person to hell because they were confused about His nature and characteristics. I tend to side with fishcatcherjim and believe the "whosoever believes." after all, He didn't put a stipulation such a "whosoever believes in the right characteristics of me.." however I do believe they are viewing Him wrong and are misguided. So I don't even know what I believe I regards to my own question.

I had two best friends in high school who were mormon, and like Obadiah said, they may look the same, but what is taught when you get deeper or have spent more time with the church is different. I still care very deeply for them both! So trust me when i say there is no judgement!
Blessings to you!
That is good to know, that you stated there is no judgment.
I think judging someone's walk with God is dangerous.
Matt.7:1-3
Judge not, that ye be not judged.
For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged, and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
And why beholdeth thou the mote that that is in thy brother's eye, but considereth not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Matt.12:36
But I say unto you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Blessing to you also.

Joh_7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

The appearance of Mormonism is pretty, family and all ... beauty is only skin deep

When the bases of something is based on a complete untruth (The Book of Mormon) how much truth is truly there?

I haven't read the Book of Mormon, thus can't make a judgment.
But I do know they also use the Holy Bible.
Have you read the book of Enoch?
It isn't in the Bible, but evidently there was some writings.
Jude 14
And Enoch also, the 7th from Adam, prophesied of these , saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with 10 thousands of his saints......

Now, do I think that there is new revelation from other prophets?
No
Mark 13:23
Behold, I have foretold you all things.

Good day

My question should have been worded as: can a Mormon who believes in a different Jesus than the Bible receive salvation. I'm undecided just because I know Mormons who claim to have a relationship with Him, love Him and It's hard for me to understand why God would send such a person to hell because they were confused about His nature and characteristics. I tend to side with fishcatcherjim and believe the "whosoever believes." after all, He didn't put a stipulation such a "whosoever believes in the right characteristics of me.." however I do believe they are viewing Him wrong and are misguided. So I don't even know what I believe I regards to my own question.
Ok, well that's what I thought you meant. Sadly, if they do not believe in Jesus, the Son of God, as described in scripture, then they are not saved. They can not substitute some other god and just give it the same name and say that's the same thing. John 3:16 does not just say "whosoever believes". We can not believe in just anything and be saved. That's a gross misinterpretation of that scripture. John 3:16 (ESV) states (in full) "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." Notice it is talking about the Jesus described in Christian scripture, the Bible. This is obvious when taken into context of the whole chapter. Notice also, as Reba pointed out, that verse 18 right after that says "but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God." (John 3:18b, ESV) This is Jesus himself saying these things and He is very clearly talking about Himself, not some other entity that someone gave the same name too.

The Mormon doctrine, when you really look into it, denies the truth of God's word (The Bible), denies the Lordship of Jesus, and denies the truth of the salvation offered to us through the sacrifice of Jesus. In fact, as just a couple of points, they actually teach that the Christian God is nothing more than a flesh and blood man, and Jesus was conceived by him in the normal human fashion. So therefore the Mormon Jesus is nothing more than a human being born to normal flesh and blood parents. This is NOT the same Jesus described in the Christian Bible! This is far more serious of an error than anything found in the differences between mainline Christian denominations! Furthermore, the book of Mormon contradicts the Bible in many important ways and Mormon doctrine states that the Book of Mormon is more correct and supersedes the Bible.

A person who believes these things can not be saved, and if a person truly understands and supports Mormon doctrine they must believe these things. One of the tricks of the Mormons is to hide these false doctrines from new members, only revealing them after the Mormon convert is more indoctrinated in their theology and therefore more willing to accept whatever they are told by Mormon leadership. This is a very common cult technique. To say a person will not be saved if they believe in these things may seem unfair, but we have all been given the true scriptures and we have no excuse to not read them for ourselves and work out our salvation based on God's word. Mormons work out their perceived salvation based on the words of Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, and other such writings which are contradictory to God's word. Therefore they are not saved. Unless a person is severely mentally handicapped so they can not understand and read God's word, or they live in some remote corner of the world that has actually never heard the word of God (certainly nowhere in any part of the civilized world), they have no excuse. That may seem harsh, but it's not our place to judge God as to what he considers just and fair. The truth is that God determined that our sins (ALL of our sins, no matter how small WE think they may be) are punishable by death. This is not unrighteous judgement on my part. This is what the word of God says. We have no authority to approve or disapprove of this judgement of God! But because He loves us, he offered to pay the penalty for us so that we don't have to pay it ourselves. This is an uncomprehensibly tremendous thing He has done for us! All He asks of us is that we believe and accept that gift to be saved. That's not much to ask in return! Yet Mormons (at least those who know their doctrine and support it) refuse to do this relatively simple thing (simple compared to the thing that Jesus did for us!). So they are not saved. That is justice. That is the reason I thank God for people like yourself who have seen the light and left the Mormon religion to be Christian! I thank God for people who will take the time to witness to those who are deceived by these false teachings and at least try to show the true Jesus to their victims.

Last edited:
Muslims in general don't believe in Jesus so I guess what I'm asking is, do you believe that even non believers in Jesus will receive salvation? That's what I understood by you saying that church membership doesn't matter. Is that what you meant?

That's part of it.

In this passage from Romans, I believe Paul is telling us what happens at the time of judgment for those who have not claimed Jesus as Lord. People who, through no fault of their own, never came to know the Lord. These people didn't have the Law, but the way they conducted themselves, demonstrated the workings of the Law......in their hearts.

Romans 2
13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;
14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,
15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)

In the end, the condition of the heart is what matters. He doesn't note your denomination or even if you attended church. I personally don't believe His judgments are based solely on whether someone knows Jesus or not. The reason I say this is because their are billions of people who have passed on never hearing the name Jesus. The day after Jesus died there were people from all over the world that went to their graves not knowing who Jesus was. They can't be faulted just because they were born in the wrong part of the world.

The Lord searches the heart and makes His judgments based on what He finds.

I don't believe that Mormon's believe in the same Jesus that Christians believe in at all. There wouldn't be a need to call it Mormonism and for Mormons to send missions to convert Christians if they were the same.

Do you think the same way about Catholics?
Pope?
Mary?
Just curious, don't mean to put you on the spot. Lol

:couch

LOL! Oh yeah, THAT'S gonna turn out real good! :biggrin2

Put it in the A&T forum where I'm assigned to moderate. That way I can create unity by simply banning everyone who's not part of my preferred denomination. Yeah, that'll work. :yes
thou must believe as I do, and vote politically as I do. if thou are not a republican, thou are a heathen.

This is kinda like Jehovah's Witnesses. They use an altered Bible. Can they be saved? I don't think so. I'd like to think that God may show mercy upon them, especially if they were raised in the faith, but...I'm not God, obviously. Kind of like I'm sure there are lots of Catholics who are genuinely saved (I mean, 1.1 billion or so catholics...), but I don't think Catholicism itself is a good tool to facilitate God's work in peoples' lives.

This is kinda like Jehovah's Witnesses. They use an altered Bible. Can they be saved? I don't think so. I'd like to think that God may show mercy upon them, especially if they were raised in the faith, but...I'm not God, obviously. Kind of like I'm sure there are lots of Catholics who are genuinely saved (I mean, 1.1 billion or so catholics...), but I don't think Catholicism itself is a good tool to facilitate God's work in peoples' lives.

Brothers and Sisters,
John 3:16 says Who So Ever.....it does not say if you are of another branch and dont believe certain things or believe things that are not so, can NOT find me and be saved..... For many years catholics have found Jesus even when they believed as a whole in a different way. Now they line up with scripture about Jesus being the only way to the Father.....

None of us have the authority to say who is and who is not or who can or can not be saved.
A J,W can be saved......infact I believe many are and some stick around to try and change the hearts of others and some leave to find a more fitting church or group of believers...

It's not about I hope or think God may or may not have mercy on these or those.
It's is written....The only way to the Father is through the Son. So therefore who so ever shal Belive in the name of Jesus......shall be saved.....You still have to ask.......ANY ONE other then these people will NOT spend eternity with the Father......

This is why we are under His Grace.......giving time for all people in this world a true chance at surrendering unto Him and becoming born again. The time is drawing down, satan is working hard, Believers BETTER BE getting their life together and start doing what the written word of God says we are to be doing and thinking and speaking and living. We are His voice and this means if we decide these are doomed and give up then we are acting in such a way that says....Hey God I got this for you, don't worry I will keep these folks from getting in here. Sounds far fetched AND yet rings out with truth...Think about it....

The worse killer and most perverted person WILL NOT GO TO HELL for their killing and perversion and such, No, No, NO they will ONLY go to hell FOR NOT EXCEPTING CHRIST JESUS AS THEIR LORD AND SAVIOR. Which means if ben lauden (sp) asked Jesus into his heart right before he died.....well he may just be your neighbor in Heaven. Think about that.......before you try to decide if some one can be saved or not.
Just food for thought my friends
Jim

I haven't read the Book of Mormon, thus can't make a judgment.
But I do know they also use the Holy Bible.
Have you read the book of Enoch?
It isn't in the Bible, but evidently there was some writings.
Jude 14
And Enoch also, the 7th from Adam, prophesied of these , saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with 10 thousands of his saints......

Now, do I think that there is new revelation from other prophets?
No
Mark 13:23
Behold, I have foretold you all things.

Good day

Something to remember, that mormons use their book of mormon more than they use the Holy Bible. Their religion is based upon Joseph Smith's teachings and writings.....of which there is not a problem as long as what he teaches is in direct line with the Word of God (which it is not, not all of it anyway). I believe there are modern day prophets, but if their main source of teaching comes from their own material that they have written, be very cautious. I listen to a man who is a prophet, but He always teaches from The Holy Bible, not from the books he has written.

Yeah I just resigned from the Mormon church

This does explain why your going through some of the things that you are. But i Believe God brought you here for a reason. To help you get some encouragement to get in the Word, and to help you grow. God loves you and jas a purpose for you, He is the one that is drawing you unto Himself.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back