Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

HOLY SPIRIT convicts of what?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
well stop thinking that way lol
I am not like some who think the Holy Spirit is convicting me of two things at the same time?

Eph 4:23

And be "renewed" in the spirit of your mind;
Eph 4:24

And that ye put on the "new man", which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

2Co 5:17

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

2Co 5:21

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

I am a righteous man, forever in Christ!

I am not like some who think the Holy Spirit is convicting me of two things at the same time?

The 'fact' of multiple working facts is well laid out in the text. The same Word that condemns evil and sin in any person is the same Word that also uplifts and lightens our eyes to that matter, is the same Word that also stirs resistance to arise is the same Word that also divides.

Many get tunnel and funnel vision that is imposed on them by the Word. They pick up a single trail and form/force fit everything they read into that sight. Freewillers see only their choice in every Word. Determinists see only Gods Sovereignty in every Word.

But very few like to hear the bad things, 'personally applied' as facts. Very few. It is 'natural' to 'self insulate' from the things that are contrary to our tunnel vision. In the spiritual sense it is similar to carving out our own idols and there we bow, also demanding others to therein bow or be damned. Emphasis on the latter.

s

Eph 4:23

And be "renewed" in the spirit of your mind;
Eph 4:24

And that ye put on the "new man", which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

2Co 5:17

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

your only righteous through Christ that is not the debate. you post all these scriptures yet very few of them have to do with the spirit. the same Holy spirit that gives us the power to live the life in Christ. is also the same voice that tells us we are wrong. even sin. i do not focus on sin i have the spirit guiding me. when i sin the spirit pricks my conscience of the sin. which leads me back on the path. the word and spirit works together the Sword of the Spirit --cuts convicts. unless you never sin.

your only righteous through Christ that is not the debate. you post all these scriptures yet very few of them have to do with the spirit. the same Holy spirit that gives us the power to live the life in Christ. is also the same voice that tells us we are wrong. even sin. i do not focus on sin i have the spirit guiding me. when i sin the spirit pricks my conscience of the sin. which leads me back on the path. the word and spirit works together the Sword of the Spirit --cuts convicts. unless you never sin.
Thats just double talk! you claim we are righteous in Christ, yet we are sinners in Christ?
A double minded doctrine, makes double minded christians.
I have used dozens of scripture that show clearly, that teaching the Holy Spirit convicts a believer of sin, Is false doctrine.

It opens the believer up to spiritual opression from satan!

Lets look at the "spirit" that accuses a righteous believer of sin?

Rev 12:10

And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Now the Holy Spirit?

Rom 8:15

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
Rom 8:16

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Lets see who tries to make us doubt we are "sons of God"?

Mat 4:5

Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,

Mat 4:6

And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God?

No! satan is the "accuser", not the Holy Spirit!

Heb 10:15

Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
Heb 10:16

This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Heb 10:17

And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Thats just double talk! you claim we are righteous in Christ, yet we are sinners in Christ?
A double minded doctrine, makes double minded christians.
nooooooooooooooooo i said when we sin. i was once a sinner saved by grace. but we all sin. sin of omission sin of commission..to him that knows to do good and don,t is sin. i stopped giving satan the credit years ago.

We'll never achieve sinless perfection until the Lord calls His people home. The believer's perfect standing by faith needs to be distinguished from the indwelling sin which we need to battle with by daily mortification (Romans 8) until God slips off this mortal coil from us.

nooooooooooooooooo i said when we sin. i was once a sinner saved by grace. but we all sin. sin of omission sin of commission..to him that knows to do good and don,t is sin. i stopped giving satan the credit years ago.

I overcame sin years ago! by believing the Word of God, and putting aside religious tradition.
The Holy Spirit bears witness to our victory over sin not our defeat to it!

Rom 6:14

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Zec 12:10

And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Grace, it gives us power over the flesh.

romans 8 is my victory chapter when going through tough times i read it.

Rom 8:2

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:3

The way to overcome the flesh and the sin of the flesh, is to walk in the "Spirit" in the Righteouness that Christ has earned for us! The Holy Spirit bears witness to Righteousness, not sin!

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Rom 8:4

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Rom 8:2

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:3

The way to overcome the flesh and the sin of the flesh, is to walk in the "Spirit" in the Righteouness that Christ has earned for us! The Holy Spirit bears witness to Righteousness, not sin!

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
Rom 8:4

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Joh 4:23

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh 4:24

Godisa Spirit: and they that worship him must worshiphimin spirit and in truth.

How can a "sinner" in spirit, worship God? They cannot!
We are "new created" spirits ,created in His Righteousness. The Holy Spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are righteous sons of God!

1Jn 3:9

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

The Holy Spirit bears witness that in Him we have no sin.
Not that we are sinners!

I dont believe you do understand, the difference between flesh and spirit?

In the "flesh" we are all sinners, no matter how religious we are!

In the "Spirit" "In Christ" we have no sin.

Walk in the Spirit is THE MESSAGE of the New Testament!
Do you, understand that?

Joh 4:23

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

Joh 4:24

Godisa Spirit: and they that worship him must worshiphimin spirit and in truth.

How can a "sinner" in spirit, worship God? They cannot!
We are "new created" spirits ,created in His Righteousness. The Holy Spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are righteous sons of God!

1Jn 3:9

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

The Holy Spirit bears witness that in Him we have no sin.
Not that we are sinners!

In the "flesh" we are all sinners, no matter how religious we are!
you might be religious but i aint....

2 Corinthians 7:8-10
New King James Version (NKJV)
8 For even if I made you sorry with my letter, I do not regret it; though I did regret it. For I perceive that the same epistle made you sorry, though only for a while. 9 Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing. 10 For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death. GODLY sorrow a broken and contrite spirit . as i was reading my morning email devotions . i saw this.. Because we desire to be more like Jesus, we make resolutions, ask Him to help us, and try to behave differently. Yet despite our best efforts to do things God's way, we slide back into old habits. Frustrated, we may ask Him, "Why can't I change?" The reason is, overcoming sinful attitudes and behaviors starts with genuine repentance, which has three aspects.

{Conviction. The Holy Spirit will reveal the areas in which we've sinned and convict us of wrongdoing. Through Scripture, the Spirit shows us God's standard and what needs to change }. {Repentance begins with understanding where we have gone astray.}

Contrition. The next step--grieving over our iniquity--is followed by confession to the Lord. Genuine sorrow arises from the knowledge that we've sinned against Him. In contrast, human unhappiness often comes from being caught misbehaving. Other times we are miserable because of where our choices led us, or feel shame that people know about our sin. True contrition is followed by humble confession.

Commitment to act. Real repentance is complete when we wholeheartedly pledge to turn from our old behavior and move toward righteous ways. God knows we won't live perfectly, but He looks for a surrendered heart that diligently seeks to obey Him.

Paul used strong language when telling us to turn from iniquity: "Put to death... whatever belongs to your earthly nature" (Col. 3:5 niv). What sin are you struggling to overcome? Have you genuinely repented, committing to turn from it permanently? Let the Holy Spirit empower you to change... this is from Charles Stanley..while i may not always agree with him .on this subject i do.

Walk in the Spirit is THE MESSAGE of the New Testament!
Do you, understand that?
do you? its how we are aware to avoid sin and lets us know what sin is

you might be religious but i aint....

2 Corinthians 7:8-10
New King James Version (NKJV)
8 For even if I made you sorry with my letter, I do not regret it; though I did regret it. For I perceive that the same epistle made you sorry, though only for a while. 9 Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing. 10 For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death. GODLY sorrow a broken and contrite spirit . as i was reading my morning email devotions . i saw this.. Because we desire to be more like Jesus, we make resolutions, ask Him to help us, and try to behave differently. Yet despite our best efforts to do things God's way, we slide back into old habits. Frustrated, we may ask Him, "Why can't I change?" The reason is, overcoming sinful attitudes and behaviors starts with genuine repentance, which has three aspects.

{Conviction. The Holy Spirit will reveal the areas in which we've sinned and convict us of wrongdoing. Through Scripture, the Spirit shows us God's standard and what needs to change }. {Repentance begins with understanding where we have gone astray.}

Contrition. The next step--grieving over our iniquity--is followed by confession to the Lord. Genuine sorrow arises from the knowledge that we've sinned against Him. In contrast, human unhappiness often comes from being caught misbehaving. Other times we are miserable because of where our choices led us, or feel shame that people know about our sin. True contrition is followed by humble confession.

Commitment to act. Real repentance is complete when we wholeheartedly pledge to turn from our old behavior and move toward righteous ways. God knows we won't live perfectly, but He looks for a surrendered heart that diligently seeks to obey Him.

Paul used strong language when telling us to turn from iniquity: "Put to death... whatever belongs to your earthly nature" (Col. 3:5 niv). What sin are you struggling to overcome? Have you genuinely repented, committing to turn from it permanently? Let the Holy Spirit empower you to change... this is from Charles Stanley..while i may not always agree with him .on this subject i do.

do you? its how we are aware to avoid sin and lets us know what sin is

That is all your opinion ezra! You seem to mix some truth up with your religious traditions and then proceed as if you have quoted scripture?
You have not and cant not find one verse in the whole NT that says the Holy Spirit convicts a "believer" of sin!
You know why? because that would make it testify against the Blood of Christ!

Now I have said over and over that an honest discussion of being convicted of righteousness would include, correction unto the "Righteousness" of faith by the Spirit!

But the teaching that has been in the church, that the Holy Spirit convicts a "believer" of sin, is a false doctrine!
It brings believers into bondage and seperates them from Gods Love, which is the TRUE SCRIPTURAL work of the Holy Spirit!

Think about this, if the Love of God is the fulfillment of every commandment and all the law of God?
That love is given to us by the Holy Spirit, and then we are to walk in that love!

Now satan has made the source of that love, into a spirit of guilt and sin!

What a wicked doctrine!

Rom 8:14

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
Rom 8:15

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
Rom 8:16

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Rom 5:5

And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

The Love of God, given to us by the Holy Spirit fulfills every commandment and ever law of God!

To change the Holy Spirit into a spirit of bondage and fear is a great evil, and clearly false doctrine!

That is all your opinion ezra! You seem to mix some truth up with your religious traditions and then proceed as if you have quoted scripture?
You have not and cant not find one verse in the whole NT that says the Holy Spirit convicts a "believer" of sin!
You know why? because that would make it testify against the Blood of Christ!

Now I have said over and over that an honest discussion of being convicted of righteousness would include, correction unto the "Righteousness" of faith by the Spirit!

But the teaching that has been in the church, that the Holy Spirit convicts a "believer" of sin, is a false doctrine!
It brings believers into bondage and seperates them from Gods Love, which is the TRUE SCRIPTURAL work of the Holy Spirit!

Think about this, if the Love of God is the fulfillment of every commandment and all the law of God?
That love is given to us by the Holy Spirit, and then we are to walk in that love!

Now satan has made the source of that love, into a spirit of guilt and sin!

What a wicked doctrine!
you will be ok trust me. keep on giving the devil the credit he enjoys the advertisement

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back