Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

HOLY SPIRIT convicts of what?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Never made such a claim against any believer.

You can read into the statements whatever it is you think you see.

The fact that all of us are planted in weakness, corruption, dishonor and a natural body is not going to change by the declarations of scriptural

fancyhoods.

s

Not my new creature, I'm planted by the incorruptible seed, Jesus the righteousness one, He lives in me.

I have been grafted in to the tree of life, I no longer am fed by the other tree.

Not my new creature, I'm planted by the incorruptible seed, Jesus the righteousness one, He lives in me.

I have been grafted in to the tree of life, I no longer am fed by the other tree.

The last thing I expect to hear is anyone being 'truthful' about sin.

s

He is the God of the "living" not the dead. As paul found out?
Some have humble hearts and ears to hear the gospel, some hearts have become so hard that the Word of Life cannot touch them!

They refuse righteousness and grieve the Spirit of Grace
May God have mery on their souls?

Here is the difference between victory and defeat? Is righteousness really by faith and Spirit or is is based upon mans ability to do good?

Our faith is that which overcomes the world.

We who believe and have faith in His Blood, are forever righteous and made clean by His Blood!
If you cannot accept that? then you are in the flesh!
The reason your conscience condemns you, is because you are out of true faith in Christ and are looking to yourself to establish your own righteousness, based upon how well you can keep a set of religious rules that you or your church have decided upon!

Through one offering, He has sanctified FOREVER those who have come to Him.

The Holy Spirit does not testify against the Blood of Christ!
What blasphemy!

The answer to sin is to walk in agreement with the Blood by the Holy Spirit! all else is just empty religious nonsense.

How do we know when we sin? The word of God is sharper than any twoedged sword, judging the thoughts and intentions of the heart!

The Holy Spirit always brings us into faith and victory in Christ!

Do I understand it all? God deals with me in many different ways and I have been corrected in ways that is hard to explain. One thing for sure, He has never called dirty that which He has made clean! He has always brought me to higher ground in righteousness.

Those who are forgiven much, love much! Love fulfills every law. In a constant state of forgivness a believer will take on the Divine Nature, in sin and guilt, the believer will be a defeated and powerless pew-setter.

We overcome by looking to Gods strength and victory in Christ! Not by looking at the darkness of mans sin and weakness.

Abraham considered not his own weakness but accounted that God was able to do that which He had promised.

The same people that teach the false doctrine that the Holy Spirit convicts a "believer" of sin, are the same people who preach and teach the law!

Although they may say they are not, they are!
They justify themselves by their own works, sometimes they allow themselves to be in faith for a few moments then they go back to religious nonsense.

Its just double minded religion!

Reminds me of a testimony I heard in one the denominations?

A man stood up and told how much God had blessed him with this and that. As he went on that old religious double mind, changed! He started talking about how he had failed God, and that He knew that God could never bless him , until he did such and such!

This is the condition of the "church" one moment we are blessed then the next we are cursed? One moment we are clean by the Blood, the next moment the Holy Spirit is testifiying against that same Blood?

Jesus Christ is always the same! yesterday, today, and forever!
If you are "in Him" you are never convicted of sin! you are free from the law of moses completly!

Christ Jesus is your Law, His Spirit will guide you as you look to Him.

"This is my commandment; that you love one another as I have loved you"

Only when we see how much we are forgiven will we see how much we are loved!

The same people that teach the false doctrine that the Holy Spirit convicts a "believer" of sin, are the same people who preach and teach the law!

They justify themselves by their own works, sometimes they allow themselves to be in faith for a few moments then they go back to religious nonsense.

A man stood up and told how much God had blessed him with this and that. As he went on that old religious double mind, changed! He started talking about how he had failed God, and that He knew that God could never bless him , until he did such and such!

This is the condition of the "church" one moment we are blessed then the next we are cursed? One moment we are clean by the Blood, the next moment the Holy Spirit is testifiying against that same Blood?

If you are "in Him" you are never convicted of sin! you are free from the law of moses completly!

Today all over the world, blind men will stand behind pulpits and declare out of one side of their mouth, that we are justified by faith in Christ! Then that same man will attempt to condemn those who are justified by faith by putting them under law?

The very fact that we meet on the 1st day of the week, instead of the 7th, proves that the law has been replaced by grace!

These same blind men, held in bondage to their weakness and sin, will pretend that they can deliver others from the sin that is in all mens flesh!

They will not preach liberty from sin, for that would take away their own power and ability to drag a dollar out of the people, by guilt and shame!

These same blind men, teach against the mercy and goodness of God, that leads man to true repentance!

They preach a different Jesus, a different Spirit, and another gospel !

Grace, undeserved and unearned favor from God, is the only power over sin! all else if false teaching!

My the Grace of our Lord be with your SPIRIT! -Mitspa

Today all over the world, blind men will stand behind pulpits and declare out of one side of their mouth, that we are justified by faith in Christ! Then that same man will attempt to condemn those who are justified by faith by putting them under law?

The very fact that we meet on the 1st day of the week, instead of the 7th, proves that the law has been replaced by grace!

These same blind men, held in bondage to their weakness and sin, will pretend that they can deliver others from the sin that is in all mens flesh!

They will not preach liberty from sin, for that would take away their own power and ability to drag a dollar out of the people, by guilt and shame!

These same blind men, teach against the mercy and goodness of God, that leads man to true repentance!

They preach a different Jesus, a different Spirit, and another gospel !

Grace, undeserved and unearned favor from God, is the only power over sin! all else if false teaching!

i really feel sad that you feel that way... just because one preaches conviction of sin by the spirit..DOES not make it law. your judging

Your slant double deals the topic matter no differently.

When pressed on matters of conviction you too blame your 'evil flesh.'

s

i really feel sad that you feel that way... just because one preaches conviction of sin by the spirit..DOES not make it law. your judging
Yes I judge false doctrine!
I judge the spirit behind religion, that has taken the gospel and The Glory of Christ and made it into a system of bondage.

Read the book of Revelations, you might see that not only I but the Lord Himself has some things to say about the condition of the "church"

I have no personal issue with you or any man as a man! But when the Holy Spirit has been transformed into the "accuser" Yes, its time for some to speak out !

The scriptures prove this doctrine is a false one! I judge this doctrine and demons that brought it into the church.

Originally posted by Mitspa,

I've been analyzing this very interesting thread, and I believe the crux of the matter is that you might be a bit naive regarding your understanding of the Scriptural meaning of "GRACE."

Christians do not realize that "grace... chastens."

This truth is hidden by the King James translation which translates the Greek word, 'paideuo', as 'teaching,' instead of 'chastens,' in Titus 2:10-12. Grace is 'defined' simply as 'unmerited pardon'. That incomplete definition makes grace an inactive noun. But grace, in reality is a active verb, that chastens us to forsake ungodliness and to live godly lives in this present world.

Titus 2:11 "For the GRACE of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Titus 2:12 Teaching
[Greek - PAIDEUO - chastening] us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world."

Notice in Titus what it is that grace "DOES." Grace "chastens" us.

Hebrews 12:6 "For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth [Greek - paideuo], and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
Hebrews 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
Hebrews 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons."

Now we know what 'grace' does and we know why God chastens us.

What is the mode of that chastening? Again, Scriptures tell us:

Titus 2:11 "For the GRACE of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
[Greek - PAIDEUO - chastening] us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world."

Shall we continue in sin that chastisement shall abound?

Romans 5:20 "Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.
Romans 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord."

Did you notice the point Paul is making in verse 21? "Grace reigns through righteousness."

Grace does not reign when we continue in our sins. Paul continues with this very same thought:

Romans 6:1 "What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Romans 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?"

'Grace' is God's "gracious love and favor." But what does grace 'DO' for us? When we sin grace does much more abound with God's loving Fatherly chastening and scourging until we are brought to see that it brings us peace that passes understanding when we finally quit banging our heads against the wall of "turning grace into lasciviousness."

Jude 1:4 "For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ."

Those who soft pedal the consequences of sin never admit to 'turning grace into lasciviousness.'

I'm not at all saying that YOU (Mitspa) are turning grace into lasciviousness. I am only showing from the Scriptures that there is more to the "active verb" GRACE than most Christians may be aware of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I judge false doctrine!
I judge the spirit behind religion, that has taken the gospel and The Glory of Christ and made it into a system of bondage.

Read the book of Revelations, you might see that not only I but the Lord Himself has some things to say about the condition of the "church"

I have no personal issue with you or any man as a man! But when the Holy Spirit has been transformed into the "accuser" Yes, its time for some to speak out !

The scriptures prove this doctrine is a false one! I judge this doctrine and demons that brought it into the church.

just because you think your the only one who knows scripture.................DOES NOT give you the authority to judge. you best read the word... let the judging be up to Christ

just because you think your the only one who knows scripture.................DOES NOT give you the authority to judge. you best read the word... let the judging be up to Christ
I think I should do what God has called me to do? If you or any other man thinks that I do not have authority? That is of no concern to me. I obey My God, and answer to no man.

The doctrine is a false teaching, the scriptures are very clear!
The Holy Spirit does not testify against the Blood! The Holy Spirit is not the "accuser"

This doctrine is false and very destructive!

I think I should do what God has called me to do? If you or any other man thinks that I do not have authority? That is of no concern to me. I obey My God, and answer to no man.

The doctrine is a false teaching, the scriptures are very clear!
The Holy Spirit does not testify against the Blood! The Holy Spirit is not the "accuser"

This doctrine is false and very destructive!

may i suggest you look in the mirror of the word............. those who live in glass houses should not throw rocks.....the Holy Spirit does not accuse. it tells us we are wrong when we are wrong the spirit of truth and that means convicts of sin............................ this doctrine will set us free as we are told what is sin before and after we do it.

I've been analyzing this very interesting thread, and I believe the crux of the matter is that you might be a bit naive regarding your understanding of the Scriptural meaning of "GRACE."

This truth is hidden by the King James translation which translates the Greek word, 'paideuo', as 'teaching,' instead of 'chastens,' in Titus 2:10-12. Grace is 'defined' simply as 'unmerited pardon'. That incomplete definition makes grace an inactive noun. But grace, in reality is a active verb, that chastens us to forsake ungodliness and to live godly lives in this present world.

Hebrews 12:6 "For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth [Greek - paideuo], and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
Hebrews 12:7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
Hebrews 12:8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons."

Romans 5:20 "Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.
Romans 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord."

Did you notice the point Paul is making in verse 21? "Grace reigns through righteousness."

Grace does not reign when we continue in our sins. Paul continues with this very same thought:

Romans 6:1 "What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Romans 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?"

'Grace' is God's "gracious love and favor." But what does grace 'DO' for us? When we sin grace does much more abound with God's loving Fatherly chastening and scourging until we are brought to see that it brings us peace that passes understanding when we finally quit banging our heads against the wall of "turning grace into lasciviousness."

Jude 1:4 "For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ."

Those who soft pedal the consequences of sin never admit to 'turning grace into lasciviousness.'

I'm not at all saying that YOU (Mitspa) are turning grace into lasciviousness. I am only showing from the Scriptures that there is more to the "active verb" GRACE than most Christians may be aware of.

I have a thread on grace, you are very welcome to comment on that topic there!

As far as my understanding of scripture and biblical terms such as grace etc..

I am a able minister and My God has given me the ability to defend all the things I teach and proclaim.

What your opinion of me or my understanding of scripture is of no value to me.

If you have a honest disagreement, I will be glad to respond to it, on the proper thread for that issue.

If I find you are honest, I will go to great pains to explain my points. If I find you are dishonest, I will just ignore your post.

may i suggest you look in the mirror of the word............. those who live in glass houses should not throw rocks.....the Holy Spirit does not accuse. it tells us we are wrong when we are wrong the spirit of truth and that means convicts of sin............................ this doctrine will set us free as we are told what is sin before and after we do it.

Well of course! fear and guilt is the answer to every problem?

The reason you use no scripture to back up your opinion?
Because all scripture proves that you are just wrong!

Their is true correction in righteousness!
It seems I have said that over and over on this thread?

Chastisement is NOT without 'cause' either. It will continue until we have HIS PERFECT REFLECTION.

But some have used these matters to delude themselves in to entirely PERFECT NOW.

And that is simply deception masquerading as 'grace' or 'convictions of only being entirely Holy by the applications of understandings.'

Not one Apostle made that claim for themselves. Yet we have a couple of cheerleaders in this category here who can neither hear or listen to the facts that are not in line with their fairy tales. In the case of one of these guys, he even ended up damning other believers for not agreeing with his very limited doctrinal construct. Mitspa seems to be flirting right behind him, and will perhaps show his colors on this matter shortly.

s

Originally Posted By Mitspa,

An understanding of Scripture has no bearing on my opinions of people. I love you as a brother regardless. Biblical knowledge is meaningless unless it is used for the purpose of reflecting Christ's character. And you're doing OK in that department.......so far. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By smaller,

Chastisement is NOT without 'cause' either. It will continue until we have HIS PERFECT REFLECTION

Exactly right.

Proverbs 24:16 "For a just man falleth seven times, and riseth up again: but the wicked shall fall into mischief."

1 Corinthians 10:12 "Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall."

2 Corinthians 12:9 "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The whole experience takes time. And that is why "a just man falls seven times but rises again."

And that is also why Christ gives us this very profound counsel:

Luke 21:19 "In your patience possess ye your souls."

Well of course! fear and guilt is the answer to every problem?

The reason you use no scripture to back up your opinion?
Because all scripture proves that you are just wrong!

Their is true correction in righteousness!
It seems I have said that over and over on this thread?
I am a able minister and My God has given me the ability to defend all the things I teach and proclaim.

so suddenly your the only able minister ? it is of no matter to me you see scripture different than most. its the part of you saying your right and everyone else is wrong . does the word wrong ever find part in your postings?

An understanding of Scripture has no bearing on my opinions of people. I love you as a brother regardless. Biblical knowledge is meaningless unless it is used for the purpose of reflecting Christ's character. And you're doing OK in that department.......so far. ;)
I am thankful that you have love for me as a brother in Christ.
Yet I do not consider you to be the judge of how I reflect My Lord? I like Him, show myself very humble unto the humble and weak. Yet I can show the strength and boldness of my God against those who are in pride and seek to deceive and destroy, with false doctrine, such as the one that I have brought up on this thread!

If you are sincere in your love for the brethern, you must have a veiw on this issue? I would be glad to hear an honest opinion?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back