Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

HOLY SPIRIT convicts of what?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Heb 10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Is the Holy Spirit confused about His work? Or is certain men confused? I submit that the Holy Spirit works according to the scriptures that He inspired to be written. I have showed many scriptures that show clearly the Holy Spirit does not convict a "BELIEVER" of sin, but of righteousness. Is there correction in righteousness? YES

Will the Holy Spirit every testify against the Blood of Christ?

Never! that is blasphemy!

And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
past to say present as in any thing we do after salvation..is not remembered is wrong. we will all stand before the judgement seat of Christ and give account of the good/ bad. chastisement = Guilt * , the word "reprove" is sometimes substituted. To "convict .... in respect of righteousness, and of judgment" (John 16:8), refers to the conviction of the inadequacy and perversity of the ordinary, natural standards of righteousness and judgment, and the approval of those found in Christ, by the agency of the Holy Spirit, as the great interpreter and applier of the work of Christ. to him that knows to do good and does not is SIN. as respectfull as i can be in christian love. your aqusation of blasphemy! holds about as much weight with me as chaff does in the wind. just because something does not line up with your standards does not make it blasphemy! i have tried to make my point clear yet you continue to judge ....... for the record when i stand before the LORD my name will be written in the lambs book of life. as i have been reedeemed by the Blood of the LAMB.......

past to say present as in any thing we do after salvation..is not remembered is wrong. we will all stand before the judgement seat of Christ and give account of the good/ bad. chastisement = Guilt * , the word "reprove" is sometimes substituted. To "convict .... in respect of righteousness, and of judgment" (John 16:8), refers to the conviction of the inadequacy and perversity of the ordinary, natural standards of righteousness and judgment, and the approval of those found in Christ, by the agency of the Holy Spirit, as the great interpreter and applier of the work of Christ. to him that knows to do good and does not is SIN. as respectfull as i can be in christian love. your aqusation of blasphemy! holds about as much weight with me as chaff does in the wind. just because something does not line up with your standards does not make it blasphemy! i have tried to make my point clear yet you continue to judge ....... for the record when i stand before the LORD my name will be written in the lambs book of life. as i have been reedeemed by the Blood of the LAMB.......

Thats just religious double talk to me!
Yes we have a conscience and when we who walk with Christ do that which we know He would not have us do, or when we fail to do that which He would have us do, our conscience is defiled and it is sin to us!

But to claim the Holy Spirit is showing us our sins is FALSE DOCTRINE!

It is the Holy Spirit that lifts us up when we fail! He confirms Gods Love for us! He is the Comforter not the accuser!

Satan is the spirit that accuses!

Your doctrines have been brought into the "church" by the satan.

Do you understand anything but guilt and shame?

Do you understand that True Christians serve Christ because He loves us and has made us guiltless!

Only in righteousness can one partake of the divine nature!

Adam and the fallen nature work according to guilt and shame!
fear must give way to love!

All else is just nonsense!

Yes we have a conscience and when we who walk with Christ do that which we know He would not have us do, or when we fail to do that which He would have us do, our conscience is defiled and it is sin to us!

It is the Holy Spirit that lifts us up when we fail! He confirms Gods Love for us! He is the Comforter not the accuser!

Do you understand that True Christians serve Christ because He loves us and has made us guiltless!

Here is a perfect example of how some have been brought up in the "church" to understand nothing but law and guilt! shame is the only thing the so-called chruch has been taught!

now to take a scripture as the one in James, he who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.

Take it completly out of its context and attempt to justify a false doctrine!

what was James speaking of in context? The royal law of love!
God has loved us and shown us His goodnes and mercy, we must continue in His Goodness! When fail to walk in love we fail to walk in His Goodness, we have in fact strayed from the law of Christ, we have strayed from the royal law!

Now this is the point James was making! not trying to bring us back into bondage agian to our flesh and sin, but the scripture is there to correct us when we stray from the divine nature of GOD!

Now! many will pick and choose these kind of scriptures to bring guilt and shame? why? because a condemned man will always look to condemn others!

The scriptures are the tool that God uses to correct us with! but dishonest and defiled men are blind to righteousness of God in Christ.

The Holy Spirit is not the accuser, He is the One that shows us the Higher ways of God, All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth.

This doctrine is false, and it is clearly false according to the scriptures!

Let God be true and every man a liar.

i tell ya what i really could care less if you agree or disagree with me. this has been a debate you turned it into your the only one who is right.....

i understand the Love of GOD better than you think.... as per my doctrines of satan.... i feel sorry for you. i hope you get your spiritual eyes opened soon. as we are all trying to do the best we can through Christ.... the only reason its double talk is because you have tunnel vision.... good day to you as i have a message to preach in the morning to a church that needs spititual repair & healing . i will be preaching conviction and if the rooster crows 3 times so be it.....

i tell ya what i really could care less if you agree or disagree with me. this has been a debate you turned it into your the only one who is right.....

i understand the Love of GOD better than you think.... as per my doctrines of satan.... i feel sorry for you. i hope you get your spiritual eyes opened soon. as we are all trying to do the best we can through Christ.... the only reason its double talk is because you have tunnel vision.... good day to you as i have a message to preach in the morning to a church that needs spititual repair & healing . i will be preaching conviction and if the rooster crows 3 times so be it.....

Yes I am sure you will take them around the same religious mountain of shame and guilt! Be sure to remind them that if they dont give you a tenth of all they earn, they are cursed according to the law!

Yes do the best YOU can!

But we who have entered into His Rest have ceased from our own works.
We have stopped going around that same mountain of shame and guilt and we have entered into the Promises of God by FAITH!

if any man glory Let him glory in the Lord!

No the point of the Thread is the "work of the Holy Spirit" You and I are just men!

Eph 3:16

That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph 3:17

That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph 3:18

May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
Eph 3:19

And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
Eph 3:20

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
:biglol
Here is my focus, you may focus on whatever you like!

When Caleb and Joshua told the People that God has made us able to take the promised land, the fearful and unbelieving picked up stones to cast at them!

It is the same today, I declare that by Gods righteousness we are made able to inherit the promises of God! For IN CHRIST ALL THE PROMISES OF GOD ARE YES AND AMEN!

The Holy Spirit is come to bear witness to His Righteousness and to Convict us that we are are indeed sons of God!

Rom 8:15 for we have not received the Spirit of bondage again to fear, but we have received the Spirit of Adoption whereby we cry Abba Father!

Now many pick up stones to cast at Gods minister of Righteousness! The stones are those of the law! they condemn all that oppose their false doctrines!

Watch! if by Gods Grace I am allowed to continue on this forum, watch and see how those who oppose the Cross and righteousness, will attack those who proclaim the truth?

Yes I am sure you will take them around the same religious mountain of shame and guilt! Be sure to remind them that if they dont give you a tenth of all they earn, they are cursed according to the law!

Yes do the best YOU can!

But we who have entered into His Rest have ceased from our own works.
We have stopped going around that same mountain of shame and guilt and we have entered into the Promises of God by FAITH!

if any man glory Let him glory in the Lord!
DO ME A FAVOR take your judgmental attitude of hollier than thou. blow your nose o it. your stepping on grounds you have no buisness at. i have never ever preached on money.... you don,t even know me or even what the church i pastor needs. so if you don,t mind thank you.

Here is a perfect example of how some have been brought up in the "church" to understand nothing but law and guilt! shame is the only thing the so-called chruch has been taught!

now to take a scripture as the one in James, he who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.

Take it completly out of its context and attempt to justify a false doctrine!

what was James speaking of in context? The royal law of love!
God has loved us and shown us His goodnes and mercy, we must continue in His Goodness! When fail to walk in love we fail to walk in His Goodness, we have in fact strayed from the law of Christ, we have strayed from the royal law!

Now this is the point James was making! not trying to bring us back into bondage agian to our flesh and sin, but the scripture is there to correct us when we stray from the divine nature of GOD!

Now! many will pick and choose these kind of scriptures to bring guilt and shame? why? because a condemned man will always look to condemn others!

The scriptures are the tool that God uses to correct us with! but dishonest and defiled men are blind to righteousness of God in Christ.

The Holy Spirit is not the accuser, He is the One that shows us the Higher ways of God, All the paths of the Lord are mercy and truth.

This doctrine is false, and it is clearly false according to the scriptures!

Let God be true and every man a liar.

Nothing cuts so deep as the truth!

Joh 16:8

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Joh 16:9

Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Joh 16:10

Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
Joh 16:11

Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

the Holy Spirit is convicting 3 different groups 1. the "world" of sin, 2. You "believers" of righteousness 3. satan of "judgement"

Now find me one scripture in All the NEW Testament where the Holy Spirit brings the "believers" sin to remembrance? NO! what you will find is everytime the Holy Spirit and His work is mentioned that it says "there sins and lawless deeds I will remember no more! Check it out!

So do you agree with my understanding? or do you find fault in my reading of the scriptures?

When I started this thread and throughout it I have stated that I do not pretend to understand exactly what it all means to be convicted of righteousness. I have stated that I desire an honest discussion on how God corrects His children.
What I do not accept is traditions that are in clear conflict with evident scripture!
If one holds a doctrine such as the the Holy Spirit accusing beievers of sin, then I think it would be clear in the scripture?
But it is not! the scriptures say something very different!
They say that the spirit that accuses Gods People is satan!
Now if the "church" has got this mixed up, I believe they do, then this is a very big deal indeed!
I think there is some scripture that brings some "light" on the issue? I can think of several that would make for a good discussion on the issue! I very well may have to bring them up to debate myself? I did so desire this type of discussion in scripture, because I always learn so much when honest believers look together into the word of truth.

If A tradition is allowed to replace the truth of Scripture, then no wonder the "church" is not what it should be! If it is a tradition founded in truth of scripture? then one who holds that tradition should be able to go to the scriptures and show in a clear way, why they believe, what they say they believe!

That has not happened on this thread! all I have heard is "the roster crows" and so and so and everybody believes this and that?
Well, that just dont move my truth meter! I need to see! IT IS WRITTEN, by the mouth of two or three witnesses let every word be established!

I have given several witnesses that are saying the same thing!

The Holy Spirit is called the Comforter, not the accuser!

Rom 7:10

And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
Rom 7:11

For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
Rom 7:12

Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
Rom 7:13

Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
Rom 7:14

For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15

For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16

If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:17

Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19

For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20

Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

I agree! here is the problem:biglol

Now the answer to the sin problem;:yes
Rom 8:4

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:5

For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:9

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10

And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. :thumbsup

The carnal mind thinks guilt and shame are the way to God?
Under law, this is how God brought men to the sin offering.

But now. we who have received the Spirit have received a new nature? The divine nature of God has been given to us By the Spirit of God!

A new heart! Now to walk in agreement with this new nature, we must walk in agreement with the testimony of The Blood of Christ. Faith in His Blood, means we walk as justified by His Blood! This is what the Holy Spirit bears witness too! If the Blood is there, the Holy Spirit is convicting us of the righteousness of that Blood!

God desires us to turn away from the lower and fallen nature.
Shame and guilt are not of the divine nature! These are the products of the flesh. All who preach such things are just carnal and in great error!

Blind men cannot help other blind men!

Awake to Righteousness, and sin not! For only in grace can the divine nature replace the fallen nature of adam!

The carnal mind thinks guilt and shame are the way to God?
Under law, this is how God brought men to the sin offering.

But now. we who have received the Spirit have received a new nature? The divine nature of God has been given to us By the Spirit of God!

A new heart! Now to walk in agreement with this new nature, we must walk in agreement with the testimony of The Blood of Christ. Faith in His Blood, means we walk as justified by His Blood! This is what the Holy Spirit bears witness too! If the Blood is there, the Holy Spirit is convicting us of the righteousness of that Blood!

God desires us to turn away from the lower and fallen nature.
Shame and guilt are not of the divine nature! These are the products of the flesh. All who preach such things are just carnal and in great error!

Blind men cannot help other blind men!

Awake to Righteousness, and sin not! For only in grace can the divine nature replace the fallen nature of adam!

For those of us who have come to understand, that nothing good lives in our flesh? We gladly will bring to light the flesh that the light might make manifest the works of the flesh.

But to those who think they are something of themselves, they think that by the flesh they have somehow made the flesh acceptable to God!

This is a religious lie!

No man apart from faith is justified! faith is believing what the Word of God says about us and trusting in who we are in spirit, not who we are in the flesh.

The reason some of you are so sure that guilt and shame are so needed, is because you trust in your own flesh! You fail again and again because you keep trying to perfect that which can never be perfected or tamed! NO! the flesh must be put to death, by the Spirit! If we try to draw life from that which is death, we will fail! But when we draw life from the Spirit, then that life overcomes and puts to death the flesh and its desires!

Now I hope to change the discussion of this thread, it is clear and evident that the Holy Spirit does not convict the believer of sin but of righteousness!

I do not believe any honest, bible believer can reject clear scripture! traditions are nothing, peoples opinions are like wind and are nothing!

I do believe the Holy Spirit, shows us all truth! And helping us to see our own flesh, is very much part of the Holy Spirits work!

please dont come on the thread and say "see the Holy Spirit is showing us our sin" Lets try to have an adult Christian conversation about this issue?
Grace and truth came by Jesus Christ! By His Grace and In His Grace we can and should face our flesh with no sense of guilt or shame but with confidence that He is our righteousness!

please dont come on the thread and say "see the Holy Spirit is showing us our sin" Lets try to have an adult Christian conversation about this issue?
so in other words do not disagree with you.. the holy spirit does show us SIN

so in other words do not disagree with you.. the holy spirit does show us SIN

I reject all teaching that goes against clear scripture! I invite an honest discussion, within the scriptures of these issues! If you cannot abibe in scripture and prove your doctrines? then your doctrines are wrong!

Yes can decern the truth! God has given me the Spirit of Truth!

I am not wasting anymore time on your traditions, nor your insults! If you want to discuss truth with me? bring Gods word!

You claim to be a man of Gods Word? yet you will not discuss it in a honest way? Are you afaid that you might have to change some of your ways? are you afraid to look into the truth and light? Is there some darkness that you are trying to hide?

Bring the Word! or you will just be ignored on this thread!

Mitspa

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 6:12

Our minds are weak and easily influenced by the world around us. The more we surround ourselves with worldly things the more the world will invade our thoughts.

What are "Principalities, Powers, World Rulers of Darkness, and Spiritual Wickedness in High Places"?
The Apostle Paul instructs us to put on our spiritual armour because our battle in this world is a "spiritual" one. A warfare that involves the trickery and power of the devil, as opposed to a human battle. Even though human beings will certainly play a role in line with the schemes of the devil, but they are being used by these entities for the purposes of accomplishing evil. Evil spirits are the true power behind those who oppose the things of God (knowingly or unknowingly).​

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 6:12

Our minds are weak and easily influenced by the world around us. The more we surround ourselves with worldly things the more the world will invade our thoughts.

What are "Principalities, Powers, World Rulers of Darkness, and Spiritual Wickedness in High Places"?
The Apostle Paul instructs us to put on our spiritual armour because our battle in this world is a "spiritual" one. A warfare that involves the trickery and power of the devil, as opposed to a human battle. Even though human beings will certainly play a role in line with the schemes of the devil, but they are being used by these entities for the purposes of accomplishing evil. Evil spirits are the true power behind those who oppose the things of God (knowingly or unknowingly).​

INdeed. It gets even more interesting when we realize that 'working' is often in our own minds and hearts.

It is difficult to call down destruction upon ourselves, that is, in what we carry and remain subject to. Most of the time we have no awareness of this difficulty in theology, and make accounting only for 'ourselves' alone and not the internal temptations that are of another entity that is not us as believers.

Most just can not take that information, and they can not because of that 'other' operational power within.

s

Yes! and it seems those who resisted the Truth the most, were those who claim to honor God!
Paul said that just as satan masked himself as an angel of light, so satans ministers would come as ministers of righteousness!

What do they always resist? Jesus Christ and his good works!

The biggest devils are those in the "church" who resist the gospel of the Glory of Christ!

Just as it was, so it is today! The religious at heart seek to replace Christ and what is His Glory, with thier own!

If any man glory? let him glory in the Lord!

Again! the issue of Sin is always because a believer is walking in the "flesh" Paul always pointed to the Spirit as the solution to any sin problem!

Now all you do is bring up the same point, and never consider the answer to the point? Why is that?

"Ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth":wave

Isa 54:13

And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children.
Isa 54:14

In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee.
Isa 54:15

Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.
Isa 54:16

Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.
Isa 54:17

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.:wave

What is it in a man that causes him to resist the clear and evident truth? We must yield to the Spirit of God to overcome the flesh! This so clear in scripture, yet so many resist this truth! What lie has satan planted in our flesh, that makes us think that we can by the flesh please God?

"Ye shall not surely die"
The doctrine that the Holy Spirt convicts a believer of sin, testifies against the death of Christ! For if we have died with Him, we have died to sin!

If we have been raised with Him? we are now justified by His life! We who justified by Him, cannot sin!

Now who brought this doctrine into the church? satan the accuser!

1 John 3:5-6
He was manifest to take away our sins, and IN HIM we have no sin.
Whoever abides IN HIM does not sin. Whoever sins has niether seen Him nor known Him!

Now some of you claim that the Holy Spirit is showing you your sins? He may be trying to get you saved? So go to Christ and be born-again and He will cleanse you by His Blood, and you will be clean!

Now some of you claim that the Holy Spirit is showing you your sins? He may be trying to get you saved? So go to Christ and be born-again and He will cleanse you by His Blood, and you will be clean!
so when will you get saved ? since those of us who believe in the conviction of the Holy Spirit..are lost and false teachers.... the gate swings both ways......

so when will you get saved ? since those of us who believe in the conviction of the Holy Spirit..are lost and false teachers.... the gate swings both ways......
No! the scriptures are clear! the Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin,

Believers of righteousness, Those of us in Christ can not sin!

Those who have do not know him!

How can a justified man sin? How can the Holy Spirit testify against the Blood of Christ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back