Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

HOLY SPIRIT convicts of what?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
so suddenly your the only able minister ? it is of no matter to me you see scripture different than most. its the part of you saying your right and everyone else is wrong . does the word wrong ever find part in your postings?
Again I must say the same thing!
I am more than willing to have an honest discussion of being convicted of righteousness! I have posted on the correction of righteousness many times on this thread.

As far as scriptures go? they could not be more clear on this issue! The false doctrine has been shown to be false!
The Holy Spirit is not a spirit of fear that brings us into bondage again to our sin! The Holy Spirit does not testify against the Blood of Christ! The Holy Spirit is witness to us that ours sins and lawless deeds are remembered no more!
That we are the righteousness of God, In Christ Jesus!

Now, you are free to believe whatever you like? I suggest you yeild your traditions to the Word of God!

The Holy Spirit convicts the World of the Elect, all for whom Christ died, of their sin of unbelief in Him Jn 16:8-9

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9Of sin, because they believe not on me;

This also shows that unbelief is a sin ! And Christ died for all the sins of the Elect World, so for its unbelief ! 1 Cor 15:3

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins[unbelief] according to the scriptures;

The Holy Spirit convicts the World of the Elect, all for whom Christ died, of their sin of unbelief in Him Jn 16:8-9

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9Of sin, because they believe not on me;

This also shows that unbelief is a sin ! And Christ died for all the sins of the Elect World, so for its unbelief ! 1 Cor 15:3

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins[unbelief] according to the scriptures;

Yes we know you believe you are "elect" good for you! I hope you are?

The point that the Holy Spirit convicts THE WORLD OF SIN is not in debate, to my knowledge?

Let's remember to stay on the topic of the discussion and avoid posting our opinions of others.

Originally Posted By Mitspa,

I am thankful that you have love for me as a brother in Christ.

If you are sincere in your love for the brethern, you must have a veiw on this issue? I would be glad to hear an honest opinion?

And here I am thinking my posts are too long. :confused

I have already given a thorough Scriptural explanation, so I'm assuming you would prefer an "honest opinion" you fully agree with? There are some things you say that I agree with.

But it is not "some" of God's Word that is truth, but rather:

"The 'sum' of thy word is truth......... and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever." (Psalms 119:160)

And here I am thinking my posts are too long. :confused

I have already given a thorough Scriptural explanation, so I'm assuming you would prefer an "honest opinion" you fully agree with? There are some things you say that I agree with.

But it is not "some" of God's Word that is truth, but rather:

"The 'sum' of thy word is truth......... and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever." (Psalms 119:160)

I think you gave an opinion on grace? and of course the OLD Testament will point to the law?

We have a new Covenant, the old one has past and fulfilled in Christ. The issue of the thread is not a discussion of law and GRACE although the topic is very much related. Do you have an opinion on how the Holy spirit bears witness to the NEW COVENANT?

Yes, I am very able to discern honesty, it is a part of spiritual growth! having your senses trained to decern both good and evil, is a very helpful part of maturity.

Mitspa, if you don't mind, explain (concisely) what it is you disagree with (i.e. - w/smaller and ezra)? Maybe it is me (it probably is), but you are not making yourself clear. In a single sentence, what EXACTLY are you disagreeing with?

Mitspa, if you don't mind, explain (concisely) what it is you disagree with (i.e. - w/smaller and ezra)? Maybe it is me (it probably is), but you are not making yourself clear. In a single sentence, what EXACTLY are you disagreeing with?

All the post are on the thread, I do not have a personal issue with any. I have started this thread and others, and many disagree! So read them for yourself and you may or may not agree with my view? I hope to keep the thread on the subject, and not get drawn into personal issues! I do defend my views, because the scriptures are clear on the issues I have raised.

I not pretend to know it all, but what I know I have confidence I have been taught by the Lord!

I not pretend to know it all, but what I know I have confidence I have been taught by the Lord!
so my point being so has the rest of us.. your more than welcome to defend your views ..its how you defend them disagree is fine its the judgmental part --false doctrine thats like a general baptist saying that to a Pentecostal..... its simply out of line the scriptures are only clear as thats what you see. this reminds me of being in a Calvinist forum ..that is the 1st words they post

so my point being so has the rest of us.. your more than welcome to defend your views ..its how you defend them disagree is fine its the judgmental part --false doctrine thats like a general baptist saying that to a Pentecostal..... its simply out of line the scriptures are only clear as thats what you see. this reminds me of being in a Calvinist forum ..that is the 1st words they post

I will call false doctrine, false doctrine!
I dont know a politically correct term for it, so I will use biblical terms?

I have no personal issues with any but I do intend to unmask satan and his teachings that have crept into the church "unawares"

I do honor all sincere faith and I know God does also honor the faith of those who serve Him.

But I can honor a mans faith and challenge his doctrine as Paul did Peter and all others who were in error.

I do not intend to be led away from the piont of this thread by issues that seem to be trying to make the discussion personal?

On a friendly note, I have been reading in the Book of Ezra, the name ezra means "helper" I believe he is a picture of the Holy Spirit at work to build the house of God. I see alot of great pictures in that book! The foundations of the house were laid by the apostles, we have had a long period of no real work since the apostle laid the foundations. The capstone will be laid with shouts of GRACE GRACE!

anyway I think the pictures and types in the book is very telling and interesting.

As far as being called a calvinist or whatever your piont was?
I have been called much worse! LOL

So the Holy Spirit ensures that the World that Christ died for its sins, He ensures that each one of them is convinced of their sin and their need of Christ's Righteousness which He also reveals to them through the Gospel Jn 16:8-10

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine[His Righteousness], and shall shew it unto you.

So the Holy Spirit ensures that the World that Christ died for its sins, He ensures that each one of them is convinced of their sin and their need of Christ's Righteousness which He also reveals to them through the Gospel Jn 16:8-10

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine[His Righteousness], and shall shew it unto you.

I think there is some interesting truth in your post! thank you

Re: being convicted by their own conscience..

Rom 7:10

And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
Rom 7:11

For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
Rom 7:12

Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
Rom 7:13

Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
Rom 7:14

For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15

For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16

If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:17

Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19

For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20

Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

I agree! here is the problem:biglol

Now the answer to the sin problem;:yes
Rom 8:4

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:5

For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:9

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10

And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. :thumbsup

The whole of the New Testament is a witness against the false doctrine, that the Holy Spirit convicts A BELIEVER of sin.

No! the Holy Spirit does not and cannot testify against the Blood of Christ! blasphemy!

Rom 5:5

And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Again we see the Holy Spirit, strengthens us with Gods Love for us! No one has brought forward any scripture that shows the work of the Holy Spirit towards the "believer" to be anything other than positve confirmation of our "righteous" standing with God! And His good will toward us who trust in His Beloved Son!

God demonstated His love for us, that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us! How much more now that we have been justified by His Blood?

Let no false doctrine brought in by satan, seperate you from Gods love and free gift of righteousness!

The Holy Spirit will bear witness to this if your walk in faith!

The Holy Spirit WILL NEVER TESTIFY AGAINST THE BLOOD OF CHRIST!

this is blasphemy and doctrine of evil spirits!

God demonstated His love for us, that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us! How much more now that we have been justified by His Blood?

Let no false doctrine brought in by satan, seperate you from Gods love and free gift of righteousness!

The Holy Spirit will bear witness to this if your walk in faith!

The Holy Spirit WILL NEVER TESTIFY AGAINST THE BLOOD OF CHRIST!

this is blasphemy and doctrine of evil spirits!
so those who believe in the convicton of the HOLY SPIRIT... is going to HELL ?

so those who believe in the convicton of the HOLY SPIRIT... is going to HELL ?

Its not my place to send anyone to heck!

Do not say in your heart who will go to heaven or heckl.
God will have mercy on whom He will have mercy?

Some better hope He has alot of mercy on false teachers!

I know those who preach such false doctrine usally think its their job to condemn as many as possible to heck!

And they always make life heck for anyone who hears the nonsense they teach and preach.

Maybe God will feel sorry for them? Even if they have condemned what He has justified?

Good question! If you know anyone teaching such false doctrine? you should warn them! that they also will have to stand before the One Whos Blood and Spirit they have blasphemed!

first you have to prove the false teaching... with scripture that says thus saith the LORD 2nd its ok to use the word hell as it is bible..3rd you better look up blasphmey . 4th your so far out in left field you may not find your way home..

first you have to prove the false teaching... with scripture that says thus saith the LORD 2nd its ok to use the word hell as it is bible..3rd you better look up blasphmey . 4th your so far out in left field you may not find your way home..

Yes personal attacks, condemnation and guilt!

I have proved to all who God has sent the message too,
I am not a minister to dead but to the living.

The very heart of Christ is that His children would walk in peace, joy and righteousness of the Holy Spirit.

He grieves at the doctrines of guilt and shame that testify against His Eternal Blood!

Those who preach this condemnation and condemn others to hell, have no understanding of His Heart and desire for all men!

No He weeps at this doctrine and those who go in His Name to condemn what He died to save.

be sure to lay this charge against me, when you stand before His Throne of judgment!

nice flowerd words .......... just got back from 3 nights service holy spirit was there sweeping hearts..................................................................................

nice flowerd words .......... just got back from 3 nights service holy spirit was there sweeping hearts..................................................................................
Yes Gods love is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit!

Righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit! this is The Kingdom of God!

Glad God confimed what I have been ministering about!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back