Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

HOLY SPIRIT convicts of what?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You claim to be a man of Gods Word? yet you will not discuss it in a honest way? Are you afaid that you might have to change some of your ways? are you afraid to look into the truth and light? Is there some darkness that you are trying to hide?
i have you ignored it

No! the scriptures are clear! the Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin,

Believers of righteousness, Those of us in Christ can not sin!
i agree to the point of scripture say we can not sin..but we still have the old man paul wrote in collisions {spelling} take of the old man put on the new man. here is a fact we do sin and will sin . why do you think paul wrote be ye angry and sin not..... because it is possible.... i do not make it a habitt to sin. but at some point if not carefull we will. work is very trying one man in our dept pushes buttons, our set up man is hot headed when equipment brakes down..he likes to talk down to us. that is a no cross the line with me. i get up set my self. open my mouth out of anger and smart back...... yup the holy spirit reminds me that was wrong==convivtion . mind you one last time...I have no problem with your belief on the Holy Spirit. BUT be mindfull of this telling a person they are a false teacher/ may not be saved...... that falls under Judgeing . to compare its like getting a general baptist and a southern Baptist to agree on eternal security. both if not careful will not agree. i have heard gen baptist preachers..which i am... say eternal security is not Bible..on the other hand i have heard those baptist to hold to eternal security.. say thank God i don,t believe i can loose my salvation ... the holy spirit does not testify against the Blood when we sin.... he tells us when we sin we are wrong...get back on tack... while i have serious doubt i can even come close to get you to understand any of this...i dont need religion i know what the word says i stand by my convictions... you nor any one else will sway me. only the Holy Spirit bringing it out and showing me different. the Church sign reads. if everybody in this church was just like me. what kind of Church would this Church be... post your scriptures but dont make remarks of judging..... ( for the record i have a know so salvation}

i have you ignored it

i agree to the point of scripture say we can not sin..but we still have the old man paul wrote in collisions {spelling} take of the old man put on the new man. here is a fact we do sin and will sin . why do you think paul wrote be ye angry and sin not..... because it is possible.... i do not make it a habitt to sin. but at some point if not carefull we will. work is very trying one man in our dept pushes buttons, our set up man is hot headed when equipment brakes down..he likes to talk down to us. that is a no cross the line with me. i get up set my self. open my mouth out of anger and smart back...... yup the holy spirit reminds me that was wrong==convivtion . mind you one last time...I have no problem with your belief on the Holy Spirit. BUT be mindfull of this telling a person they are a false teacher/ may not be saved...... that falls under Judgeing . to compare its like getting a general baptist and a southern Baptist to agree on eternal security. both if not careful will not agree. i have heard gen baptist preachers..which i am... say eternal security is not Bible..on the other hand i have heard those baptist to hold to eternal security.. say thank God i don,t believe i can loose my salvation ... the holy spirit does not testify against the Blood when we sin.... he tells us when we sin we are wrong...get back on tack... while i have serious doubt i can even come close to get you to understand any of this...i dont need religion i know what the word says i stand by my convictions... you nor any one else will sway me. only the Holy Spirit bringing it out and showing me different. the Church sign reads. if everybody in this church was just like me. what kind of Church would this Church be... post your scriptures but dont make remarks of judging..... ( for the record i have a know so salvation}

I have not judged you, I do judge doctrine, and my statements was to make a point, that you seem to agree with? That we are indeed two men? The old man (adamic) man of flesh. and we who are born-again! Have a new and sinless spirit! Now all sin that a believer commits, they do it because they walk in the flesh! The problem comes when they have not been taught to walk in the spirit! How can they walk in the spirit when they have not been taught?

When believers walk by the flesh, they will in fact sense guilt and sin over and over! But this is not Gods will for His children!

Like you? you say you get angry at this carnal man? The Holy Spirit is trying to remind you of who you are in Christ! To overcome evil with good! To walk in love as Christ walked!
That is righteousness!

I have made that point over and over! I hoped to have an honest discussion about how the Holy Spirit lifts us into the higher ways and paths of God!

I do alot of correction, but I never leave a believer with the sense that they are unclean by their sinful flesh! But that they are responsible to walk in what Grace has given them? power over the flesh!

The reason believers submit to the flesh, is because they do not know how to submit to the Glory of Christ!

We cannot overcome the Adamic nature, by preaching against it! We overcome it by preaching the Glory of Christ!

We preach the gospel! Let the Word of grace go forth, those who will hear will submit to Christ and His Glory!
Those who refuse, we deal with and warn, and are patient with.

If they refuse to walk in the spirit, and continue in the lust of the flesh? we may have to seperate them from the flock for a season, that they might repent and honor the Glory of Christ!

So the Spirit convicts the World of Sin by an application of the Law and it's spirituality, hence leading the Elect World and its members to Faith in Christ Gal 3:24

Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we[The World of the Elect] might be justified by faith.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians+3:23-25&version=KJV

I agree! but I allow that the scriptures describe the "elect" not some group that has convinced itself by carnal reasoning, and mans wisdom !

The "elect" of God are described as those who have been born-again by the Spirit and abide in God by the spirit!
These are clearly decribed in scripture! if one does not meet the scriptural standard? then they are not the "elect" no matter how times they may lay claim to the title!

I hope that some of you are?

The Holy Spirit proves who is "elect"

If you dont have it? your not!

Like you? you say you get angry at this carnal man? The Holy Spirit is trying to remind you of who you are in Christ! To overcome evil with good! To walk in love as Christ walked!
That is righteousness!
okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk you just said the same thing i did only changed the wording...... its ok to say conviction of sin by the holy spirit..why do you think HE is reminding me of who i am in Christ..because i got angry not submitting yielding my self to God..i allowed the flesh man to take over... thus he convicted me...:pray

okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk you just said the same thing i did only changed the wording...... its ok to say conviction of sin by the holy spirit..why do you think HE is reminding me of who i am in Christ..because i got angry not submitting yielding my self to God..i allowed the flesh man to take over... thus he convicted me...:pray

No! I am trying to relate to you where you are in honesty. But you seem to only want to play the "got cha" game?

If you dont know the difference between doing right because Christ loves us, and made us right? And trying not to sin, to be made right? Then you are missing more than you know!

There is a whole world of difference between being a righteous man, who loses his temper and being a sinner who is commiting sin!

Its called the difference between life and death!

Now, I have tried again, it seems in vain, to find some common ground where we both could stand in truth, as men of God?
You have again chosen your tradition and pride over brotherly love and truth.

If you love the darkness, sin and guilt and obedience by shame?
Get you belly full!

I will serve the Lord in light, truth and by love!
Christ has made me forever righteous! The Holy Spirit always bears witness to that unchanging and eternal truth!

You can be a sinner as long as you let the accuser tell you, you are!

no games i do not play games with scripture nor do i want to say gotch ya... don,t flatter your self as i do not thrive on the i am right your wrong game.

You have again chosen your tradition and pride over brotherly love and truth.
yup the accuser of the brethern has spoken in your post. :readbible

no games i do not play games with scripture nor do i want to say gotch ya... don,t flatter your self as i do not thrive on the i am right your wrong game.

yup the accuser of the brethern has spoken in your post. :readbible
Well you have be in the brethren? In the Spirit, we fulfill love!
Those who walk by the flesh, cannot please God!

A sinner cannot walk in the spirit!

He who commits sin, is of the devil!
he who sins has never seen Him nor know Him
Read the bible!

Joh 16:8

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh 16:9

Of sin, because they believe not on me;
Joh 16:10

Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
Joh 16:11

Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

the Holy Spirit is convicting 3 different groups 1. the "world" of sin, 2. You "believers" of righteousness 3. satan of "judgement"

Now find me one scripture in All the NEW Testament where the Holy Spirit brings the "believers" sin to remembrance? NO! what you will find is everytime the Holy Spirit and His work is mentioned that it says "there sHOLY SPIRIT convicts of what?ins and lawless deeds I will remember no more! Check it out!
I hope this will be possibly my only post on this thread. Any way I go I will
possibly be out of line (with the OP or forum rules or even individuals but worst of all the Word or the Word made flesh).

First trouble I get in. I suggest possibly messing with the title "HOLY SPIRIT convicts of what?" Maybe it should be HOLY SPIRIT convicts Who of what?

I really want to post one scripture and just kind of roughly refer to others.
Jude 1:22,23
22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:
23 And others save with fear, pulling them ouit of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

There is a difference in how different persons are treated. I sure hope the Holy Spirit knows that each person may need a different approach (yes there are general principles, but different applications of them).

Jesus recognized the touch of the lady with the issue of blood
The cry for mercy
The faith of the friends letting a man down through the roof (first sin then healing)
The good confessions of Peter (ignore bad for now)
on and on

The Jew does not need to have spiritual gifts taught (the prophets, as one example, demonstrated them)

The Gentiles need the spiritual gifts taught (they were not exposed to the one true God that much).

I will give one of my strange examples.

Boat design is for conditions:
River barge (shallow draft)
Inland water (depends on weather for location)
Ocean going vessel (depends on a general set of conditions)
Racing vessel (where is it racing etc etc.)

All boats have draft laws, gravity laws, bouyancy laws, stability laws, wind laws, etc.
I think people would generally say DUH for boat design.

Well folks have differing backgrounds and needs (the lady found out about her individual history and needs when she met Jesus).

A person just receiving the knowledge of sin may not know Jesus yet.
A person just receiving Jesus may not have heard of the Holy Spirit.
A person just receiving the Holy Spirit is in a strange condition (will be led into all truth).

This thread, IMHO, has everything lumped together so much, that my little Mississippi brain almost goes on overload. There is much good presented by many. Rightly dividing the Word of God sometimes is putting the scriptures in the right piles (and I wish not to argue about that statement).

I better get out of Dodge before I get run out. I do not want anyone to think I have targeted them. I have possibly oral traditions that i deal with that are probably just what i picked up along the way. May the Holy Spirit do whatever needed to get me where I know the fullness of God (repentance, salvation, empowerment for service).

Love you all in Christ.

eddif

Well you have be in the brethren? In the Spirit, we fulfill love!
Those who walk by the flesh, cannot please God!

A sinner cannot walk in the spirit!

He who commits sin, is of the devil!
he who sins has never seen Him nor know Him
Read the bible!

so you don,t sin ? ok

:shocked!

I hope this will be possibly my only post on this thread. Any way I go I will
possibly be out of line (with the OP or forum rules or even individuals but worst of all the Word or the Word made flesh).

First trouble I get in. I suggest possibly messing with the title "HOLY SPIRIT convicts of what?" Maybe it should be HOLY SPIRIT convicts Who of what?

I really want to post one scripture and just kind of roughly refer to others.
Jude 1:22,23
22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:
23 And others save with fear, pulling them ouit of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

There is a difference in how different persons are treated. I sure hope the Holy Spirit knows that each person may need a different approach (yes there are general principles, but different applications of them).

Jesus recognized the touch of the lady with the issue of blood
The cry for mercy
The faith of the friends letting a man down through the roof (first sin then healing)
The good confessions of Peter (ignore bad for now)
on and on

The Jew does not need to have spiritual gifts taught (the prophets, as one example, demonstrated them)

The Gentiles need the spiritual gifts taught (they were not exposed to the one true God that much).

I will give one of my strange examples.

Boat design is for conditions:
River barge (shallow draft)
Inland water (depends on weather for location)
Ocean going vessel (depends on a general set of conditions)
Racing vessel (where is it racing etc etc.)

All boats have draft laws, gravity laws, bouyancy laws, stability laws, wind laws, etc.
I think people would generally say DUH for boat design.

Well folks have differing backgrounds and needs (the lady found out about her individual history and needs when she met Jesus).

A person just receiving the knowledge of sin may not know Jesus yet.
A person just receiving Jesus may not have heard of the Holy Spirit.
A person just receiving the Holy Spirit is in a strange condition (will be led into all truth).

This thread, IMHO, has everything lumped together so much, that my little Mississippi brain almost goes on overload. There is much good presented by many. Rightly dividing the Word of God sometimes is putting the scriptures in the right piles (and I wish not to argue about that statement).

I better get out of Dodge before I get run out. I do not want anyone to think I have targeted them. I have possibly oral traditions that i deal with that are probably just what i picked up along the way. May the Holy Spirit do whatever needed to get me where I know the fullness of God (repentance, salvation, empowerment for service).

Love you all in Christ.

eddif

Good to hear from you eddif!

And I do agree in general, that the Lord meets us where we are! In faith, in love and in the scriptures.

I know and I hope others know, that the scriptures decribe the work of the Holy Spirit, I have tried to show that in NO SCRIPTURE, does the Holy Spirit convict a "believer" of sin!

But what do find is that satan is the spirit that accuses!

When one understands that satan destroys Gods people, by first accusing them, and then bringing sickness etc..

For Gods people are destroyed, because they do not understand What the Blood of Christ has done, nor the power we have over satan by that same Blood!

Now for when to teach that the Holy Spirit is a witness against the Blood of Christ? Is so wrong! so unbiblical! so false! it is a doctrine that is destroying many lives!

This thread, I hope will set some free, and at least make others think twice about some of the doctrines they have been taught, and teach to others?

False doctrines have made the church the current mess that it is! Only when the church returns to sound doctrine, and walking by love in the Spirit will it be The Bride that Christ desires.

The time is short! Christ will soon return! The True Church must be made clean by the water of His Word.

When one understands that satan destroys Gods people, by first accusing them, and then bringing sickness etc..
so if a person gets sick...........cancer then its cause they allowed satan to give them the cancer ...your out in left field !:pray:readbible

1John 3:6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin, whoever sins has has neither seen Him nor known Him.

3:8 he who sins is of the devil,

so do you or have you ever sinned.. i am not denying scripture.. just curious as to some of your theology.. sickness of the devil..

He pretty much convicts you of sin. In this refernce, refer to my other post of "The original teaching of trinity, and Jesus Christ".

You will get a clearer view of that infact the Holy Spirit, which is the third person of the trinity is infact a person. He is the last heir sort of speak of the trinity Godhood.
Meaning, that this person will infact be the Messiah the Jews speak of as well. Within Christianity, Messiah is known to be Christ, but also the Holy Spirit is involved within the Godhood as well. Not to be taken lightly, that Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit BOTH are infact Messiahs. One starts from saving us from sin, and the other will take us christians upto the gates of Heaven. Point given, all christians know that until the final judgement, which is known to be the end of the world, not 1 will enter heaven but remain in paradise except Son himself. This is the reason why. Because the Holy Spirit has not been chosen yet.

It is established in a divine design, that one man (christ) rids you of all sins and the other (holy spirit) will give us the keys in entrance to heaven. Just because one is rid of sins does not mean one is granted to enter heaven, one can simply be perished because sins are forgiven. hence it is known and prophecised by st.Paul, one that makes up 75% of the new testement theories that holy spirit will also endure much suffering to get the christians up and INTO heaven. As stated in Ephesians 4:30; "Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were marked with a seal for the day of redemption".

It is what it is.:pray

Last edited by a moderator:
He pretty much convicts you of sin. In this refernce, refer to my other post of "The original teaching of trinity, and Jesus Christ".

You will get a clearer view of that infact the Holy Spirit, which is the third person of the trinity is infact a person. He is the last heir sort of speak of the trinity Godhood.
Meaning, that this person will infact be the Messiah the Jews speak of as well. Within Christianity, Messiah is known to be Christ, but also the Holy Spirit is involved within the Godhood as well. Not to be taken lightly, that Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit BOTH are infact Messiahs. One starts from saving us from sin, and the other will take us christians upto the gates of Heaven. Point given, all christians know that until the final judgement, which is known to be the end of the world, not 1 will enter heaven but remain in paradise except Son himself. This is the reason why. Because the Holy Spirit has not been chosen yet.

It is established in a divine design, that one man (christ) rids you of all sins and the other (holy spirit) will give us the keys in entrance to heaven. Just because one is rid of sins does not mean one is granted to enter heaven, one can simply be perished because sins are forgiven. hence it is known and prophecised by st.Paul, one that makes up 75% of the new testement theories that holy spirit will also endure much suffering to get the christians up and INTO heaven. As stated in Ephesians 4:30; "Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were marked with a seal for the day of redemption".

It is what it is.:pray

Not "marked" sealed! as to keep something in its sinless condition!
And I cannot agree with much you have said? but glad to have your veiw!
Do you have any scripture to go along with your opinions?

If so, please dont change the words! I think most of us on this thread, will see right through that pretty quick?

Please refer to the post titled "The original teachings of trinity, and Jesus Christ" its under the same section, you'll get a clearer idea with what I'm trying to say.:)

Please refer to the post titled "The original teachings of trinity, and Jesus Christ" its under the same section, you'll get a clearer idea with what I'm trying to say.:)
That seems fair enough!
But I tell you, if your changing the meanings of the Words of scripture, to match a doctrine? I will not read very much.

Re: being convicted by their own conscience..

Rom 7:10

And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
Rom 7:11

For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
Rom 7:12

Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
Rom 7:13

Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.
Rom 7:14

For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15

For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16

If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:17

Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19

For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20

Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

I agree! here is the problem:biglol

Now the answer to the sin problem;:yes
Rom 8:4

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Rom 8:5

For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8

So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Rom 8:9

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
Rom 8:10

And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. :thumbsup

The reason so many are so sure of the flesh and the sin that is there, is because they do not walk in righteousness by the spirit.

Carnal men trying to take up Holy Things? God will not allow carnal men to climb the mountain of His Righteousness!

No, one must go to the Cross and die with Christ, to sin and the law. For a carnal man, thinks according to the carnal commandment. A spitiual man thinks according to Christ.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back