Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

HOLY SPIRIT convicts of what?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
1st place i am not nor have been a hypocrite.. so lets not go there with a exchange of making something that's not.

2nd i gave my scriptures the same as you stand on if he convicts us of righteousness . then he will prick our heart (convict ) us of sin. that is another part of the leading of the spirit. a pastor friend of mine had one of his congregation members. come to him for prayer as he had committed the act of adultery. he was prayed for the man had asked forgiveness from the church. he confessed his sin to Christ all was forgiven.

3rd i use examples to back up scripture . i noticed you would not answer the question on the doctrine of woman not cutting their hair along with the wearing of the dress full time. they interpret scripture to that belief . me personally i don't see it that way. but to those who do.its not my job to tell them they are wrong. we call it the spirit of truth. and some times we are wrong and need corrected . so thus if the spirit convicts us to do right. then he convicts us when we are wrong (sin.)_

4th and last i call you out on this statement DO NOT go there. i have not accused you . i simply disagree other than that life goes on.:sad

NO! I have treated you as a brother, then YOU post this;

"so who are you trying to convince your self"

I am laying out "in scripture" the work of the HOLY SPIRIT of God!

You have stated your your opinion, I have presented the Word of God!

If I am in error, please show me in scripture?
If you cant? maybe you are in error?:chin

Last edited by a moderator:
Rom 5:5

And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Joh 17:22

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

Joh 17:23

I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent
me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

To claim the Holt Spirit is here to convict the "believer" of sin, is so false that the Holy Spirit Himself must be greatly grieved!

NO! anyone can see the Holy Spirit comes and bears witness that we are ONE with God The Father and The Son. The Holy Spirit sheds Gods love for us, abroad in our hearts. NOT the guilt of sin!

If Gods Laws are fulfilled in Love? How can any walk in Gods Love without the source of that Love?
How can any draw from the well, when religion has filled it with dirt and rolled a stone over it?

Now you appear to be like many on this forum, who are only here to confuse the truth?
so glad you took the time to point out every bodies errors can you remove the beam from your eye please before removing my faults... i need my eye sightr so no blured vision plz when working on mine :yes have a gr8 day :)

so glad you took the time to point out every bodies errors can you remove the beam from your eye please before removing my faults... i need my eye sightr so no blured vision plz when working on mine :yes have a gr8 day :)

2Co 4:1

Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
2Co 4:2

But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

2Ti 4:2

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent

To claim the Holt Spirit is here to convict the "believer" of sin, is so false that the Holy Spirit Himself must be greatly grieved!

NO! anyone can see the Holy Spirit comes and bears witness that we are ONE with God The Father and The Son. The Holy Spirit sheds Gods love for us, abroad in our hearts. NOT the guilt of sin!

If Gods Laws are fulfilled in Love? How can any walk in Gods Love without the source of that Love?
How can any draw from the well, when religion has filled it with dirt and rolled a stone over it?

2Co 11:4

For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

2Co 11:14

And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
2Co 11:15

Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

False teachers attempt to make Believers earn righteousness by works! They preach a different Jesus and a different spirit!

Dont be deceived the just shall live by faith!

Gal 3:2

This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:3

Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?
Gal 3:4

Have ye suffered so many things in vain? if it be yet in vain.
Gal 3:5

He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? :chin

I am trying to see where the issue is? That which is born of flesh is "flesh". That which is born of Spirit is spirit. The "flesh" my physical body, that which is of dirt. "cursed" dirt by the way. Is still here. Now some call this the "sinful nature" I have allowed that others use this term , I do not! Now the issue of the "Flesh" was judged at the Cross in the body of Christ. God condemned sin in the flesh, in the body of Christ. So the flesh is nothing, it can niether condemn nor justify a believer. But unless a believer, by faith, accepts this truth and walks in it, although the work was done, they can not "reckon" themselves dead to sin. The flesh will still have power over them, because they still see themselves as the old man.

Now the "new man" is the Spiritual man. born from the Word, He does not consider the "flesh" only the Word of God. We receive the Spirit by faith and by faith we abide in the Spirit. The "new man" must eat of Gods Word to grow and by faith gains dominion over the "old man".

The mind is the issue, for sin came by knowledge. By knowledge of "Gods Righteousness"(which is the Image of Christ) The mind is "renewed" meaning the mind is freed from the old temporal thoughts, earthly thoughts. Renewed into the New Creation, who and what we are "in Christ". The Heavens and eternal things to come. Behold all things are new! The renewed mind is more aware of who they are in "spirit" and who they are to be eternally.

Now my understanding of the "soul" is not complete! But it appears that the soul must take on the Image of the Spirit. If it yields to the "flesh" it is what scripture calls "carnal".

This might also help? this earth and everything physical is temporal. It will all vanish or burn away as Peter stated. Christ is "redeeming" us from this temporal realm into the eternal realm. Our Spirits are Eternal beings in a temporal body.

2Co 4:18

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Our spirits are working for eternal things, the flesh cannot understand the spirit. and fights against it.

I hope this helps explain my veiw? God bless -Mitspa

A chain was made to allow a slave to have enough freedom to work, yet still be in bondage. Religion and tradition is satans chain, he has placed certain lies in the church, that act as links in his chain.
he need not currupt it all but only needs those few links. A wall here and gate there to keep the people in bondage.

Many "christians" can wave their arms and say "look I am free" but they are never led by the Spirit of God, except for an hour or two each week.

A "true" Christain is filled and led of the Spirit at all times. they fear not that which is of this world but look to the World to come!
A true Christian, walks as Christ walks with love and compassion in their hearts for others, seeking to save that which is lost, not to condemn that which He has saved.
A true Christian is confident in Gods power and strength, and puts no confidence in their own ability.

The perfect Law of Liberty sets us free from what is natural and brings us into the Eternal Spirit!

God Bless- Mitspa:)

Joh 16:8

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh 16:9

Of sin, because they believe not on me;
Joh 16:10

Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
Joh 16:11

Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

the Holy Spirit is convicting 3 different groups 1. the "world" of sin, 2. You "believers" of righteousness 3. satan of "judgement"

Now find me one scripture in All the NEW Testament where the Holy Spirit brings the "believers" sin to remembrance? NO! what you will find is everytime the Holy Spirit and His work is mentioned that it says "there sins and lawless deeds I will remember no more! Check it out!
Rom 14:17

For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

The Kingdom of God, belongs only to the "righteous", those who walk in the Spirit. No "sinner" can inherit the Kingdom.

We as believers are to inherit the Kingdom of God, NOW as we walk on this earth in the Spirit of God.

The Holy Spirit could no more bring our sins to remembrance here, than when we are in heaven.

NO! the Holy Spirit bears witness to our righteous standing with Our God!

Heb 10:15

Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
Heb 10:16

This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
Heb 10:17

And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

The Holy Spirit is not confused, He is not,at one moment convicting us of sin, then the next moment "remembering them no more". This is double-minded religious nonsense.

Jas 4:17

Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

The scripture declares that whatever is not of faith is sin!

Lets get out of "religious fairy land" for just an honest veiw of the truth?
How often do we fail to do that which we know we should? How often does unbelief and doubt come in?
How many times have we acted contrary to these scriptures?

Some would say the Holy Spirit convicts the believer of sin, but how many do you know that walk in unforgiveness, doubt, anger, bitterness etc...

Is the Holy Spirit failing at His job, or does he have another job?

Joh 14:16

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Joh 14:17

Eventhe Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Joh 14:18

I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
Joh 14:19

Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
Joh 14:20

At that day ye shall know that Iamin my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

No the Holy Spirit is not showing us our sin! but showing us who we are in Christ!:thumbsup

Jas 4:17

Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

The scripture declares that whatever is not of faith is sin!

Lets get out of "religious fairy land" for just an honest veiw of the truth?
How often do we fail to do that which we know we should? How often does unbelief and doubt come in?
How many times have we acted contrary to these scriptures?

Some would say the Holy Spirit convicts the believer of sin, but how many do you know that walk in unforgiveness, doubt, anger, bitterness etc...

Is the Holy Spirit failing at His job, or does he have another job?

Joh 14:16

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
Joh 14:17

Eventhe Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Joh 14:18

I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
Joh 14:19

Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
Joh 14:20

At that day ye shall know that Iamin my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

No the Holy Spirit is not showing us our sin! but showing us who we are in Christ!:thumbsup
1Jn 5:7 (ISV)

For there are three witnesses-
1Jn 5:8

the Spirit, the water, and the blood-and these three are one.
1Jn 5:9

If we accept human testimony, God's testimony is greater, because it is the testimony of God and because he has testified about his Son.
1Jn 5:10

The person who believes in the Son of God has this testimony in himself. The person who does not believe God has made him a liar by not believing the testimony that God has given about his Son.
1Jn 5:11

This is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is found in his Son.

1Jn 5:8 (kjv)

And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

How can we be clean by His Blood and the Holy Spirit witness against the Blood?

NO! the Holy Spirit convicts the believer of righteousness!

Any so called 'spirit' that is telling you by supposed 'faith' that you are perfect and sinless probably should be put on the internal witness chair.

The Spirit assuredly brings conviction NOT to do lawlessness, and does so because that working is within them both to THINK of and to and perform.

The Law of God prompts that internal lawlessness to come forth. That is why you avoid it like the plague. Because you know and admit that is a fact.

1 Corinthians 15:56
The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

Many a believer 'ducks out' on the Law when first seeing this fact, RATHER than examining why this factually happens. They also 'falsely' think that via avoidance of the fact, the fact no longer transpires. And they then end up in fairy tale land.

The Law's intentions were always to PINPOINT lawlessness within our hearts, to make us aware that it is there to operate.

Dodging the LAW will not dodge the facts of indwelling sins 'constant tensions' and 'intentions' of lawlessness and resistance.

The Holy Spirit has zero intentions of bypassing this matter and will in fact continue to 'convict' the conscience regardless until a believer stops lying to themselves. As a matter of fact the Holy Spirit has turned such headlong into their LIE and the PROMOTION of it.

At that point you may actually have an interesting engagement with TRUTH.

s

If we accept human testimony, God's testimony is greater, because it is the testimony of God and because he has testified about his Son.

The person who believes in the Son of God has this testimony in himself. The person who does not believe God has made him a liar by not believing the testimony that God has given about his Son.

This is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is found in his Son.

And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Eph 4:22

That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
Eph 4:23

And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
Eph 4:24

And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

I hope that most understand that we have a "spiritual man" called the "new man"? This "spiritual man" is to gain dominion over the "old man" which is the "flesh"

Now the "new man" is created in "righteousness" and the Holy Spirit is to bear witness to that "righteousness"

When we "walk in the Spirit" we are walking in agreement with this "new man" who is "righteous" and the Holy Spirit is not trying to show us the sin in the flesh, but to bring us into agreement with who God has made us!

2Co 5:16

Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.
2Co 5:17

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

I know this is not easy to understand, but I will gladly discuss it with anyone who has an honest question.

-Mitspa

That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

I hope that most understand that we have a "spiritual man" called the "new man"? This "spiritual man" is to gain dominion over the "old man" which is the "flesh"

Now the "new man" is created in "righteousness" and the Holy Spirit is to bear witness to that "righteousness"

When we "walk in the Spirit" we are walking in agreement with this "new man" who is "righteous" and the Holy Spirit is not trying to show us the sin in the flesh, but to bring us into agreement with who God has made us!

Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

I know this is not easy to understand, but I will gladly discuss it with anyone who has an honest question.

-Mitspa

2Co 5:21

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

The Holy Spirit has come to make this scripture true to us, to convict us of our righteousness "in Christ"
NOT sin!

-Mitspa

1Jn 3:9

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

I tell you, there is the "flesh" and there is the "spirit" in every believer. The "spirit man" is born of Gods Word. He is "created in Righteousness" and can not sin! The Holy Spirit comes to bear witness with that "righteousness"

I have started a thread on "walking is the Spirit" I hope to set some free from religious nonsense and the flesh! I gladly will respond to any honest question, I know what I am saying is hard to be understood!

2Pe 3:15

And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
2Pe 3:16

As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

The just shall live by faith!:thumbsup

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back