Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

HOLY SPIRIT convicts of what?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Neither do I.. I simply agree with God in that I'm no different than Adam and that I too have been disobedient to Him.

Scripture sources our internal enemy. It is in short, not us as Gods Children.

Whatever made you believe that in the first place ?

When I saw what really happened to Adam, I saw also what happened to me.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

enjoy!

s

Thank you for simply restating my point. I assume we're in agreement.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Amen brother, we're in agreement.. Christ died for OUR sins.. and all of us in Adam are under the same condemnation and every last one of us can be justified freely by faith in the Last Adam, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Scripture sources our internal enemy. It is in short, not us as Gods Children.

Bottom line smaller...

Have you been disobedient to God at any time in your life ?

Or was it the devil in you that disobeyed and you were simply some pawn in the whole process..?

Bottom line smaller...

Have you been disobedient to God at any time in your life ?

Or was it the devil in you that disobeyed and you were simply some pawn in the whole process..?

To tell you the truth ET, 99 out of 100 believers would probably testify to the fact that we are 'tempted' in mind by the tempter.

The math is clear enough for me for me to get the picture.

And I'd say that same 99 has zero interest in being taken captive by said internal evil, especially knowing the source.

Yet we are all certainly shown our failures in these matters as well.

Ultimately one looks to what the benefits in these matters may be from a scriptural perspective and there are in fact many.

God has after all commanded light to shine from darkness.

If we do not see our own darkness from which to shine, what fun would that be anyway?

s

IMO..

There is the battle between good and evil. God and satan how ever one says it..
When i read this it puts a bit of different spin on things:

Pro 14:12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
Pro 14:14 The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself.

Rom 5:5

And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Again we see the Holy Spirit, strengthens us with Gods Love for us! No one has brought forward any scripture that shows the work of the Holy Spirit towards the "believer" to be anything other than positve confirmation of our "righteous" standing with God! And His good will toward us who trust in His Beloved Son!

Rom 5:5

And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Again we see the Holy Spirit, strengthens us with Gods Love for us! No one has brought forward any scripture that shows the work of the Holy Spirit towards the "believer" to be anything other than positve confirmation of our "righteous" standing with God! And His good will toward us who trust in His Beloved Son!
in reality neither have you. it can be debated both sides till the new year. there still will be no real agreement :yes :) all this was said to make a point. we all see scripture different . i know others who believe the way you do

Last edited by a moderator:
in reality neither have you. it can be debated both sides till the new year. there still will be no real agreement :yes :) all this was said to make a point. we all see scripture different . i know others who believe the way you do

Well if the scriptures mean any thing I have:)

You might want to look again?

I doubt "honest brothers" will twist scriptures as some, and a we can look at those I have posted concerning the Holy Spirits work, NONE include the "conviction of sin" for a believer!

Without looking back I will try to remember?
The Holy Spirit convicts of "righteousness";
Testifies that our sins and lawless deeds He will remember NO MORE!;
Bears witness that we are Sons of God;
Sheds Gods Love Abroad in our hearts!

I have many more to come!:yes

God Bless - Mitspa

Well if the scriptures mean any thing I have:)

You might want to look again?

I doubt "honest brothers" will twist scriptures as some, and a we can look at those I have posted concerning the Holy Spirits work, NONE include the "conviction of sin" for a believer!

Without looking back I will try to remember?
The Holy Spirit convicts of "righteousness";
Testifies that our sins and lawless deeds He will remember NO MORE!;
Bears witness that we are Sons of God;
Sheds Gods Love Abroad in our hearts!

I have many more to come!:yes

God Bless - Mitspa
very well have it your way. we can caption this thread as your right any one who disagrees is wrong

very well have it your way. we can caption this thread as your right any one who disagrees is wrong
No! my friend, the scriptures are right! If I am shown in scripture, that I am in error? I will turn from that error!

But God is True, every man is a liar!
That includes me and you! I dont live according to what I desire to be true, but every Word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

Just this very A.M. if find that I had an error of doctrine, I am ready to receive new and greater light as the Holy Spirit brings it to me!

I attempt to always consider "that I know nothing yet as I should Know"
In this way, The Holy Spirit is not grieved, as it teaches me!

1Co 8:2

And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.

The first lesson we should learn, is that we always have more to learn!

- Mitspa:)

To tell you the truth ET, 99 out of 100 believers would probably testify to the fact that we are 'tempted' in mind by the tempter.

To tell you the truth smaller, I was asking for a direct yes or no answer.. And from your response here I would assume that you do not believe that you have ever been disobedient to The Lord.. And that the devil made you do it each and every time.

That's a blatant denial of the gospel so I can understand why you would not answer.

Joh 16:8

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Joh 16:9

Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Joh 16:10

Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
Joh 16:11

Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

the Holy Spirit is convicting 3 different groups 1. the "world" of sin, 2. You "believers" of righteousness 3. satan of "judgement"

Now find me one scripture in All the NEW Testament where the Holy Spirit brings the "believers" sin to remembrance? NO! what you will find is everytime the Holy Spirit and His work is mentioned that it says "there sins and lawless deeds I will remember no more!

I hope this thread will stay "somewhat" on the topic?

God Bless-Mitspa

I already have Mitspa although it appears to me that you'd rather be 'right'eous here rather than admit the obvious.

This is very simple logic.. and I know that you're not stupid.. :)

IF a person says that they have no sin, they are deceived and the TRUTH is not IN THEM.

What makes a Christian know that there IS sin in them..?

The TRUTH..

Simple as that.. and once again Paul's letter to the Corinthian assembly convicted them of this grievous sin which led to GODLY SORRY and REPENTANCE of that sin.

This is an important topic for the believer.. it's far more important to discuss it in a open manner and let each man be persuaded in his own mind.

TO simply shout to show you the scriptures when they have already been shown is disagreeing.. and that's fine.. but let's not deceive ourselves here.. that's all that it is. :)

I already have Mitspa although it appears to me that you'd rather be 'right'eous here rather than admit the obvious.

This is very simple logic.. and I know that you're not stupid.. :)

IF a person says that they have no sin, they are deceived and the TRUTH is not IN THEM.

What makes a Christian know that there IS sin in them..?

The TRUTH..

Simple as that.. and once again Paul's letter to the Corinthian assembly convicted them of this grievous sin which led to GODLY SORRY and REPENTANCE of that sin.

This is an important topic for the believer.. it's far more important to discuss it in a open manner and let each man be persuaded in his own mind.

TO simply shout to show you the scriptures when they have already been shown is disagreeing.. and that's fine.. but let's not deceive ourselves here.. that's all that it is. :)

Again! the issue of Sin is always because a believer is walking in the "flesh" Paul always pointed to the Spirit as the solution to any sin problem!

Now all you do is bring up the same point, and never consider the answer to the point? Why is that?

"Ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth":wave

Isa 54:13

And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children.
Isa 54:14

In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee.
Isa 54:15

Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.
Isa 54:16

Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.
Isa 54:17

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.:wave

The SWORD of the SPIRIT...

The word of God is a TWO EDGED Sword...

It brings DEATH and it brings LIFE.. it is completely against any and all unrighteousness and has ALREADY condemned every last man in the first ADAM..

And yet it also brings ETERNAL LIFE through Christ Jesus our Lord and the Saviour of all men.

Here's a simple example.. even for a born again Christian..

A brother is having a hard time getting by lately so he ends up stealing a few things from his workplace in order to help himself along in this often troubling life..

Simply because the man is a born again Christian.. that doesn't mean that stealing from his workplace is now justified, does it? Of course not..

This is how the LAW will always be in effect for ALL OF US.. and Paul flat out tells us that it's NOT for a RIGHTEOUS MAN.. but for SINNERS...

Christ in you cannot sin and He can't get any better.. It's a miracle to say the least that the one who inhabits eternity has taken up residence in this frail earthen vessel of ours.. there's nothing more amazing than that and this is only the EARNEST of our inheritance until the REDEMPTION of the purchased possession, unto the PRAISE of HIS GLORY.

But let's face it folks... it's a long journey sometimes, and as SCC sang.. WE are NOT HOME YET... all of us are going to stumble and fall along the way because there is a WAR going on in our members.. we carry this body of death around with us.. and we know that the Lord Jesus Christ is going to CHANGE ALL THAT in the twinkling of an eye..

When HE COMES in His glory.. in that DAY, the Day of the Lord... the Day of Jesus Christ.. which shall come as a thief in the night and as travail upon a woman with child..

To tell you the truth smaller, I was asking for a direct yes or no answer.. And from your response here I would assume that you do not believe that you have ever been disobedient to The Lord.. And that the devil made you do it each and every time.

That's a blatant denial of the gospel so I can understand why you would not answer.

Seriously ET, I put up a very simple observation that I would expect every believer knows if they are honest.

Temptation thoughts are a fact, are a sin, and are of the tempter.

I also understand your resistance to acknowledging that fact and prefer to instead only blame yourself.

Here is again an elementary primer for little children of God. Here is factually what happens:

Mark 4:15
And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

John 8:44
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. -

Now, here comes the LAW, the WORD to Paul:

Romans 7:
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

The Word, the LAW shows us how these things work, and how to resist and to carry our vessel in HONOR. Not to be RULED by the god of the power of LUST.

Paul also recognized this fact about himself in the process:

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

Paul put on TRUTH in this matter and was CLOTHED with the FRUIT of TRUTH, the first reward of TRUTH TELLERS, that comes from THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH.

Here is Paul speaking 'truthfully' again:

1 Timothy 1:15
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

And again:

2 Corinthians 12:7
And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

Look at our Apostle and measure him by the TRUTH of his lips:

-EVIL PRESENT WITH HIM
-CHIEF OF SINNERS
-MESSENGER OF SATAN IN HIS FLESH

Now, do you think Paul understood this FACT of Jesus as a FACT????

And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.

Hebrews 5:14
But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Do you see the EXERCISE? I certainly recognize it's a TOUGH PIECE OF MEAT to chew on, especially when we see the 'exerciser' on the bottom side of our own spiritual JAW.

s

Seriously ET, I put up a very simple observation that I would expect every believer knows if they are honest.

Temptation thoughts are a fact, are a sin, and are of the tempter.

I also understand your resistance to acknowledging that fact and prefer to instead only blame yourself.

And of course this is the dividing line in our beliefs smaller... you prefer to absolutely BLAME the DEVIL and I am absolutely BLAMING MYSELF.

And if the holy scriptures are not clear in their simple truth with respect to all in the FIRST ADAM being under condemnation... and that all in the first Adam are freely given justification of LIFE in the LAST ADAM.. then imo you do not understand the fundamental truth of the gospel of God concerning His Son.

And of course this is the dividing line in our beliefs smaller... you prefer to absolutely BLAME the DEVIL and I am absolutely BLAMING MYSELF.

If you recognize the facts of temptation within that ARE in fact of the tempter, why in the world is that not ON your table of fact?

You don't control that matter. No one who enters into faith will be 'immune' from the works of the TEMPTER staring within.

Jesus' temptation was FACE TO face. I do not consider His Temptation was 'internal.'

Ours is.

But to say we do not 'like' Jesus, have to face up to the facts of temptation of the tempter when HE DID ALSO is not true.

You will post with me that you acknowledge the fact, and then still blame yourself. quite funny. quite.

s

And if the holy scriptures are not clear in their simple truth with respect to all in the FIRST ADAM being under condemnation... and that all in the first Adam are freely given justification of LIFE in the LAST ADAM.. then imo you do not understand the fundamental truth of the gospel of God concerning His Son.

The first natural flesh man was not immune from this fact either. IMMEDIATELY following Gods Sowing of Blessings upon Adam this is exactly what happened to him:

That happened to Adam. The 'flesh' inclusive of the mind and heart is and remains 'SUBJECT TO' the entrance of the TEMPTER exactly how Jesus says it and yes, it is A FACT.

Follow the math here for Israel:

Romans 11:
8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear; unto this day.

How did that happen? See Mark 4:15 above. Immediately where the Word is sown the same thing that Jesus said happens HAPPENED to them. Satan is in fact the spirit of slumber, the spirit of BLINDING, the spirit of TEMPTATION.

So, what happened to Adam?

Genesis 2:21
And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

Word sown leads to spirit of SLUMBER which finalized for Adam here, the LAW intended for whom? That's right, the LAWLESS ONE who had entered the dust pile of ADAM:

Genesis 2:17
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

And DISOBEDIENCE sprung up where? From WITHIN Adam. The spirit of disobedience was in fact already within his dust pile. Just as it is in the dust pile of everyone.

The serpent was not hanging out in the tree, but was WITHIN him.

God bound ALL MEN to disobedience (Romans 11:8, 11:32, 2 Cor. 4:4, Eph. 2:2 and many many others)

and did it exactly in the way Jesus identifies in Mark 4:15.

s

Christ died for OUR SINS according to the scriptures..

If you recognize the facts of temptation within that ARE in fact of the tempter, why in the world is that not ON your table of fact?

You don't control that matter. No one who enters into faith will be 'immune' from the works of the TEMPTER staring within.

Jesus' temptation was FACE TO face. I do not consider His Temptation was 'internal.'

Ours is.

And of course this is another dividing line between our beliefs..

Adam was NOT deceived.. there is absolutely nothing wrong with admitting this. It's the simple truth of scripture and if we can't see that in this Christian life.. and instead blame it on the devil.. then that is EASY..

As mentioned, it's much harder to admit and to agree with God that we have been disobedient to Him.. than to simply claim that we're all pawns and the devil plays his song through us.. uncontrollably.

It bears repeating imo..

It's one thing to have a fowl land on our head.. it's another matter entirely to allow it to build its nest there.

Reducing man to a simple pawn in this manner is imo a disgrace to the glory of God's creation.. as it denies the very truth of scripture and denies the condemnation which was imposed BY GOD upon the first ADAM.. and it also denies the grace of God in our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for OUR sins, according to the scriptures.

But, I think we've beaten this horse enough.. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back