Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

How Are We Made Right With God?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
JamesG said:
Jasoncran

If you think that the NWT is just something written by a JW, you are sadly mistaken. The NWT is an actual translation of the Bible that was translated from the original languages by a group of JW scholars who knew the languages very well. They used the Westcott-Hort Alexandrian compilation, the same as the ASV, as the basis for their translation of the New Testament. The translation is a good and reliable translation, except in those areas such as John 1:1 where they translated according to a biased interpretive understanding. And believe it or not such places are somewhat rare in the NWT.

There are those who are against the JW’s because of differences of doctrine. And then there are those who are simply anti-JW. Your understanding comes from the latter and you should distance yourself from them in order to ascertain the truth. Putting your faith in the straw men of such people can only be detrimental to you.

““the jw wont accept us, that i have no doubt. they hate the idea of the trinity. its demonic to them.â€â€

That is quite true of the Watchtower organization. But it is not always true of the rank and file. Fortunately, my dad is one of the rank and file who agrees with the non-Trinitarian viewpoint, but is not judgmental toward those who adhere to a Trinitarian concept. He even believes that what is apparent corruption in Christianity to the Watchtower organization, is not the fault of the rank and file within Christianity. He blames it on those who created the denominations. And he believes that going door to door is his way of helping those who are caught up in, what are basically from his perspective, cults. Wise of him under the circumstances IMHO. I guess what is good for the goose is good for the gander. And I’m not one to blame Satan for the things that men do, since men seem to do quite well without any interference from Satan. I am only thankful that there are some who God allows to transcend what is of human derivation.

JamesG
i know that, but those like him are rare, very rare. but you err in this, the society copyrghts the nwt, that means that they wouldnt kmowingly let anything that doesnt support their postition!

yup that is why you are they way you are, i cant read the nwt, cornfusing.they used the greek but i doubt they were truthful in thier translations.how do we go from a bishop to overseer and the idea of an elder, they went of their way to change the terms to distance themselves from us.

btw were in this cult?

Jasoncran

How can you be raised in the JW's and not understand the NWT? And yes, of course the NWT is a copyrighted translation, like all modern translations. And they let something get by them that doesn't support their doctrine. Acts chapter 2. At least in my opinion. And the actual meaning of the Greek word translated Bishop in the KJV is overseer. The change is legitimate. To the mind of the Watchtower organization, it is Christianity or Christendom that is the cult.

"yup that is why you are they way you are" Please explain that phrase?

What Church do you attend now that you are no longer a JW?

JamesG

JamesG said:
Jasoncran

"yup that is why you are they way you are" Please explain that phrase? you like the nwt.i never went to a site to be told what they believe as i know what they taught, it aint changed, at all

i would disfellowshipped cause i serve my country. i didnt give blood nor vote,nor attend college becuase of their way of thinking, the latter was the extreme by them as that was misunderstood by me, i will give that to them, but i have watched them let a 4yr old die because they wouldnt let him get a blood transfusion nor allow a liver transplant.

i was kid when i was a jw, at the the age of 18, is when i was done with that crap, they dont teach greek there you know, nor is it allowed to be found reading the bible by yourself,as all 'bible studies' are done with accompanied society approved books.

where you reared in this cult, i was. and what your dad is and mohr are , would be frowned upon, for they as a whole worship the tract society.

What Church do you attend now that you are no longer a JW?
charismatic. if you want more on this pm me on how the lord set me free of all that is jw.
JamesG

You sound like a friend of mine. He too was raised in the JW's. He left it just as you did, about the same age. He left home by joining the Navy. He visited them once and they started preaching to him and he told them they would never see him again if they did that the next time he visited. They did and he has never been back. Never went to his dad's funeral . It's a shame, but things like that happen in this imperfect world. And he hates the JW's just as you do. And I never learned anything about the JW's from him because what he understands about them is nothing but a jumble, just like you. The difference between the two of you is that you are Christian and he is an Atheist. I really should expect better from a Christian, but I know too many Christians to expect too much. Even Christians are afflicted with prejudices that sometimes are never overcome in this life.

Personally, I was never in the JW's. My father is. Most of what I know comes from him and through the materials he gave me and what non-JW's have said about this "cult". He converted to the JW's later in life. When I was growing up things were much different.

You know, more than one person has suggested that I "PM" them. And I still don't know what the $%@& that means. Maybe you could give me a clue.

JamesG

private message, go to the user control panel and look for messages and that's how its done

and now i know why, you get the outsiders view of the cult, i assume your dad is still one? :verysad

big difference when you are in it and outside of it.

trust me!

thank you for telling me about PM. When I find the user control panel maybe I will PM you.

Not much different from being a part of any other denomination. If you don't go along with the status quo, there is trouble. Quite early in life, I was part of what is today considered a cult. I saw the differences in doctrine. But not much difference in attitude. The judgmental attitude is much more prevalent in Christianity than you realize. And not just in the denominations that are considered cults. It is an unfortunate sign of the times perhaps. I know that there is someone out there who believes that the end is near because of the present state of Christianity. But it has been in and out of that state for so long, it is hard to associated such with the time of the end.

Thanks for the conversation.

JamesG

please understand that when i talk of the standard in the bible, its not in condenmation but to show that hell is near, and that its necessary for repentance. i wish i could defend the doctrine of trinity better but i cant yet.thats why i dont deal with the jw's here much as i cant rebuke the incorrect doctrine as good as others, so i just observe.

glorydaz said:
In answer to that question, "Who then can be saved?"...It's impossible for man, but with God all things are possible.
Matt. 19:25-26 said:
When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

I was thinking the same thing.

Dave... said:
We are made right with God not by our own works, but by the righteousness of another, the very righteousness of God Himself! Jesus Christ is, for all who trust in Him alone, "The Lord Our Righteousness" (Jeremiah 23:5).

Where in Jeremiah 23:5 does it say "The Lord Our Righteousness?" I'm not objecting necessarily to this point. I'm just wondering where it says this, what translation you are using, and how Jeremiah 23:5 fits in with your above statement.

Packrat

He meant Jeremiah 23:6. Jeremiah 23:5-6 is a reference to the Messiah. Paul alludes to these verses in 1Corinthians 1:30.

Sorry to interrupt. Couldn't restrain myself. (smiley face)

JamesG

Back