Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[__ Science __ ] How Could the Ark Have Survived the Stresses of the Flood?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Atheists have a similar mentality. They too, argue against rational examination of scripture as a way of understanding it. It's almost as if believing in creationism gets you to think like an atheist.

No YEC i know of argues against rational examining of Scripture.

So you misrepresent.

So you misrepresent.
When atheists or anyone else of any school disbelieves God and opposes God's Word,
all they are able to believe or to do or to say misrepresents God and HIs Word and Truth.
The lives of the people on earth in continual darkness
is why Jesus came as LIGHT to Reveal to those who BELIEVE HIM the Truth and The Way to be saved.

AIG built what they claim to be an authentic replica of the Ark.
Building something is one thing. Hauling it to water and putting it there is another.
Or do you suggest they make another one and put that copy out on the water?

Genesis never said there was a global flood at all.
You never said that, either. By your own logic, that is.
and no Biblical verses against one!
That is man's addition to scripture to make it acceptable to him.
Now i can accuse you of .. the L word. Or are you really that blinded by your worldview??

Genesis: 19 And the water prevailed more and more upon the earth, so that all the high mountains everywhere under the heavens were covered. 20 The water prevailed fifteen cubits higher, and the mountains were covered. 21 So all creatures that moved on the earth perished: birds, livestock, animals, and every swarming thing that swarms upon the earth, and all mankind; 22 of all that was on the dry land, all in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life, died. 23 So He wiped out every living thing that was upon the face of the land, from mankind to animals, to crawling things, and the birds of the sky, and they were wiped out from the earth; and only Noah was left, together with those that were with him in the ark. 24 The water prevailed upon the earth for 150 days.

Show me the addition, highlight my socalled "addition" in red.
you cant, we know why.

Now i can accuse you of .. the L word. Or are you really that blinded by your worldview??
Yes, pending repentance ?

When anyone is subject to and relies on such fables and groups that go along like that, they may choose not to be

willing to give up what is false because they think they "need" it to maintain the deceivers approval(s).
Noticing that when someone believes not Moses, nor Paul, nor of course Jesus,
there is little hope and no amount of arguing or debates or posts or information or speach can help them.
Jesus Says even if Jesus Were here they would argue with Him !!! and continue to oppose Him like others always have done historically such.

Birds. If you doubt this, name one feature of birds not found in other dinosaurs.
HaHaHa.
Kinds after kinds.
Bird and dino are different family. So one never gave rise to another.

the original birds kinds were product of Supernatural Creation. they were not descendants of anything.

Beaks, wings, and fixed femurs critical to the birds breathing.
see link: https://www.eurekalert.org/news-releases/736897

But since you with your worldview associate birds with dino, youll likely say 'all'. but ofc its wrong.
local flood fantasy and bioevo are Biblically bunk. not YEC! yec is from the Bible.

Yes, pending repentance ?

When anyone is subject to and relies on such fables and groups that go along like that, they may choose not to be

willing to give up what is false because they think they "need" it to maintain the deceivers approval(s).
Boom!
One big factor in belief in bioevo is to appease the world, who hates the YEC (Genesis trusting) position because they know that it opens a great wide door to trusting the Bible.

many people would become Christians if they found bioevo false and Genesis to be true.

The bioevo Christians dont like the pressure from the world. they think that compromise will fix it. but it tends to harms Faith rather than help.

many people would become Christians if they found bioevo false and Genesis to be true.

The bioevo Christians dont like the pressure from the world. they think that compromise will fix it. but it tends to harms Faith rather than help.
I don't know if they would become Christians or not. They would have to give up everything and trust God for everything. Most throughout all the world and all the religions refuse to turn to God for help , healing, or being saved.

Birds. If you doubt this, name one feature of birds not found in other dinosaurs.
(unable to name even one)
Yep. Neither can anyone else.

Bird and dino are different family. So one never gave rise to another.
And yet you can't tell me even one essential difference between birds and other dinosaurs. Why not just admit the fact and move on?

the original birds kinds were product of Supernatural Creation.
Not according to God. He says that He used nature to produce living things. Why don't you just accept what the Bible says, and set your own ideas aside?

Beaks, wings, and fixed femurs critical to the birds breathing
All these things are found in other dinosaurs. Would you like me to show you? Even the "avian" respiratory system existed in dinosaurs:

Birds and dinosaurs: High-performance breathing in bones

Origin of unique respiratory system of birds and dinosaurs
  • Lambertz Markus,
  • Bertozzo Filippo and
  • Sander P. Martin
2018Bone histological correlates for air sacs and their implications for understanding the origin of the dinosaurian respiratory system
Biol. Lett.1420170514https://doi.org/10.1098/rsbl.2017.0514

But since you with your worldview
The truth matters in my worldview. God's word matters in my worldview.
They should matter to you, too.

local flood fantasy and bioevo are Biblically bunk.
I know you want to believe your new stories, but as you see, neither the evidence nor God's word supports you. Why not just put your pride aside and accept it His way?

Building something is one thing. Hauling it to water and putting it there is another.
Yep. It's one thing to make a supposed replica. It's quite another to put one's revision of scripture to the test. Which is why we know they'll never do that.

Genesis never said there was a global flood at all.

You never said that, either.
I believe God. You should, too.

Not everyone will accept all of his word. You're not unique. But I'm willing to take His word as it is.

Show me the addition, highlight my socalled "addition" in red.
You added "worldwide" which is not in the Bible. The Bible says "land" (eretz), not "world" (tebel). Why not just accept it without your substitutions?

You can't. We know why.

Atheists have a similar mentality. They too, argue against rational examination of scripture as a way of understanding it. It's almost as if believing in creationism gets you to think like an atheist.

You, for example, rebel against parts of His word that displease you.

Oh? Should we test whether God created things, too?
Good luck reviving the dinoes that were on the ark.
God doesn't say they were on the Ark. That's your revision of His word.
Good luck trying to break God's post-flood promise of no future global floods.
Nowhere does God even say there was a global flood.
Good luck resetting genes to the more pure form they were in when Noah got the animals.
Nowhere in scripture does it say genes were "more pure" in Noah's time. That's another thing you inserted to make it more acceptable to you.
Good luck trying to test and repeat the literal PAST. History itself by definition CANT be SCIENTIFICALLY TESTED/REPEATED.
We all know why creationists will never test a literal Ark. Be honest with yourself, at least.
Only God's Word, the Bible is conclusive.
And yet you feel the need to add all those things to it so it fits your wishes.

(unable to name even one)
Yep. Neither can anyone else.
Features found in monkey:
bones
teeth
legs
etc etc...

In man:
bones
teeth
legs
etc etc...

BUT - I'm glad you reject "human evolution". I do too!
This proves common Creation not common Ancestry.

And yet you can't tell me even one essential difference between birds and other dinosaurs.
One flies. The other doesn't.
One got extinct centuries ago. The other remains today.

Why not just admit the fact and move on?
It's not a fact. Kinds after kinds.

Not according to God. He says that He used nature to produce living things.
Book-Ch.-V. citations needed.

Why don't you just accept what the Bible says, and set your own ideas aside?
I did its you with the ideas.

All these things are found in other dinosaurs. Would you like me to show you? Even the "avian" respiratory system existed in dinosaurs:

Birds and dinosaurs: High-performance breathing in bones

Origin of unique respiratory system of birds and dinosaurs
  • Lambertz Markus,
  • Bertozzo Filippo and
  • Sander P. Martin
2018Bone histological correlates for air sacs and their implications for understanding the origin of the dinosaurian respiratory system
Biol. Lett.1420170514https://doi.org/10.1098/rsbl.2017.0514

The truth matters in my worldview. God's word matters in my worldview. They should matter to you, too.
Good
If this is true you may realize bioevo = false! :o

I know you want to believe your new stories,
apparently you didn't see the biologos quote.
the word "new" does NOT FIT.

but as you see, neither the evidence nor God's word supports you.
icr.org/article/fixed-bird-thigh-nixes-dino-bird-development/

Gen 1:20

20 Then God said, “Let the waters teem with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth in the open expanse of the heavens.”

He didn't say "let birds come from dinosaurs and fly above the earth".

Why not just put your pride aside and accept it His way?
if evo was His way He'd put it in Genesis. thought you knew. :/

They don't. Most are in pretty much dead animal postures.
iu

Perhaps you are referring to the fact that neck tendons in some animals tighten up, pulling their head back, as they decay. As you see above, that isn't commonly seen, but we do have examples of such postures. But that happens with all sorts of animals today.

Most fossils do require water to form. But we see those things happening today as well. And yet we don't have a global flood. Do you see why?

What is the name of that bird? looks like a stork.
I'm curious what the "date" was. Given that dating methods are literally unverifiable except when properly aligned with the Bible, it'll probably be "mill bill"'s years old lol.

Dinosaur Fossil Friday - General Fossil Discussion - The Fossil Forum

look at the position of the tail & head in the dino.

--------

Archaeopteryx May Have Flown in Short Bursts, Like Modern Day Pheasants ...

This thing look like it was bwooshed away by a Flood!
if the flood was "local" how come we are soo lucky to find it? local flood belief breaks credulity again!

Perhaps you are referring to the fact that neck tendons in some animals tighten up, pulling their head back, as they decay. As you see above, that isn't commonly seen, but we do have examples of such postures. But that happens with all sorts of animals today.
Given the insane bending of the neck, it is implausible that it is just a "tigethen up".

It happens today? Lemme guess - in flood not over OodLes oF yEaRs. :tongue
ALL local floods are REMINDERS of the SuperFlood in Genesis!!

Most fossils do require water to form. But we see those things happening today as well. And yet we don't have a global flood. Do you see why?
We DON'T (present tense!) have a global flood.
Yeah thats cuz GOD promised to never send another one.
I don't buy your claim that you read Genesis for "longer" than I have.

What Could Have Been (scenario):

Teacher: "Why did God send the rainbow?"
Barbarian: "Uhhh.... uh... mmmm...."
Keith: "It was His promise to never send another global flood!"
Barb: "No! Uhh uhh, hey Frank can you tell me why?"

Genesis 9:11
11 I establish My covenant with you; and all flesh shall never again be cut off by the water of the flood, neither shall there again be a flood to destroy the earth.”

IF THERE WAS "NO" GLOBAL FLOOD - AS YOU SUGGEST - WHY DOES GOD IN HIS WORD TALK ABOUT A FLOOD TO DESTROY THE E A R T H ????

Last edited:
God doesn't say they were on the Ark.
People didnt have the word dinosaur back then. So what. Dinoes are land dwelling creatures.

Nowhere does God even say there was a global flood.
False claim. See why in previous post.

Nowhere in scripture does it say genes were "more pure" in Noah's time.
I wasn't quoting the Bible.

Gee, it seems like you can't tell whether i'm qouting the Bible or not. More side effects of compromise by mingling with bioevo - your logic abilities get compromised too!

We all know why creationists will never test a literal Ark.
YAWWWWN.
The Agatelady: Adventures and Events: All About Rainbows

That's why.

GUESS WHAT?? EVOLUTION THINKERS WILL NEVER TEST AN ALLEGORICAL GENESIS OR NOAH'S FLOOD BEING LOCAL!!!

The scariest thing to the evolution mind of a thiestic evolutionist:

The Real Rainbow is a Promise from God

God's Promise symbol

Dinosaur Soft Tissue is Original Biological Material | KGOV.com

dino soft tissue XD

dff97d13970fd82d.jpg

In Genesis we read about the "fountains of the deep"!!

File:Grand Canyon NP-Arizona-USA.jpg - Wikimedia Commons

the SMOOTHNESS of the canyon scares Genesis-allegorizers!!!

BUT THE SCARIEST OF ALL - 2 PETER 3:6!!!!
biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2%20peter%203&version=NASB

6 through which the world at that time was destroyed by being flooded with water.

The Flood is EXACTLY why we have -
EARTH QUAKES!
VOLCANOES!
THE VARIOUS LAND FEATURES!
GRAND CANYON SMOOTHNESS!
FOSSIL GRAVEYARD!!
CREATURES WHERE THEY SHOULDNT BE!! (aquatic animal in mountain, etc.)

Now obviously, the weather after that Flood has done some other work.

You, for example, rebel against parts of His word that displease you.
So all you did in your post was accuse.

No YEC i know of argues against rational examining of Scripture. Even after you assert.

Not everyone will accept all of his word. You're not unique. But I'm willing to take His word as it is.
No. i'm willing.
Nowhere in the Bible does it say "this is an allegory! dont think this actually happened!!"

You added "worldwide" which is not in the Bible.
No. Didn't need to add.

The Bible says "land" (eretz), not "world" (tebel).
So what? ALL land was covered.

From Genesis:

19 And the water prevailed more and more upon the earth, so that all the high mountains everywhere under the heavens were covered.

Why all, if just local? Why everywhere, if just local?
You can see that i never added SQUAT.

Noah's Flood being a "LOCAL" FLOOD IS IRRATIONALITY THAT CONTRADICTS THE BIBLE!

Depending on its context, אֶרֶץ can be translated as ground, earth, land, piece of ground, territory, country, region, or underworld.1 It's a very common word. This is not to say it can be translated as any of these in any context, the context (esp. specific phrases in which it's used) guides how it should be understood.

sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/01/180103100951.htm

"Through the presence of the resulting pneumatic cavities, it has long been known that air sac-like structures predate the origin of birds, since they were found both in the gigantic sauropods as well as in carnivorous dinosaurs."

Oh? My examples were BEAK - WING - Fixed Femur.
Not air sacs.

"However, when and potentially how many times air sacs did evolve was inaccessible until now."
Evolve into what?

Nice try, but misses the mark & fails to take Genesis into account.

So far there was mainly just observation, and the linkages to evolution were somewhat superficial - and dare I say it, Artificial!

See this - crev.info/2023/09/kowtowing-to-the-darwin-party/

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back