Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

How do we respond to jews who believe messiah hasn't come?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Jews are apostates and need to hear the gospel in order to be saved. There is no salvation outside of Jesus Christ.

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

All non believers will die in their sins without Christ including Jews.

Words of Jesus Christ verbatim

John 8:23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Skeptics in these forums will not be able to stand before the God they mocked and say they never heard the message.

bibleberean said:
Skeptics in these forums will not be able to stand before the God they mocked and say they never heard the message.

Assuming the truth of Christianity, I will be able to say that I never heard the message. If it hasn't been given to me in a coherent form, then I can hardly be said to have 'heard' it.

DivineNames said:
bibleberean said:

Assuming the truth of Christianity, I will be able to say that I never heard the message. If it hasn't been given to me in a coherent form, then I can hardly be said to have 'heard' it.

OH THAT WILL BE A GOOD DEFENSE!! LACK OF COMPREHENSION SKILLS. WHY DIDN'T THE REST OF US THINK OF USING THAT DEFENSE INSTEAD OF BELIEVING WHAT GOD SAID WAS TRUE!?

Solo said:
DivineNames said:
bibleberean said:

OH THAT WILL BE A GOOD DEFENSE!! LACK OF COMPREHENSION SKILLS. WHY DIDN'T THE REST OF US THINK OF USING THAT DEFENSE INSTEAD OF BELIEVING WHAT GOD SAID WAS TRUE!?

No, not "lack of comprehension skills". The beliefs aren't coherent. I have never seen a good defence of Christianity.

Divine Names said:
(a) The beliefs aren't coherent. (b) I have never seen a good defence of Christianity.

(a) They are many millions of people today who find Christian beliefs coherent..... as millions of others have done for centuries.
(b) Which "defence" of Christianity have you actually read? Name a few books please.

:)

DivineNames said:
Solo said:
DivineNames said:
bibleberean said:

No, not "lack of comprehension skills". The beliefs aren't coherent. I have never seen a good defence of Christianity.

YOUR UNBELIEF IS A POOR DEFENSE AGAINST ETERNAL CONDEMNATION.

THE MESSAGE IS DEVINELY COHERENT, BUT YOUR UNDERSTANDING IS MORTALLY INCOHERENT. YOUR DEFENSE IS LACKING, AND WILL BE YOUR ETERNAL UNDOING. KNOW THAT YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED IN LOVE.

Its interesting how not a single literalist has brought any attention to my post about the mistranslation of the word for "young woman" as "virgin".

I think this poses a substantial problem to those who interpret the Bible literally and believe that the Old Testament proves the authenticity of Jesus as the Christ.

Is it ignored simply because it poses such problems?

AHIMSA said:
Its interesting how not a single literalist has brought any attention to my post about the mistranslation of the word for "young woman" as "virgin".

I think this poses a substantial problem to those who interpret the Bible literally and believe that the Old Testament proves the authenticity of Jesus as the Christ.

Ahimsa, Christians on discussion forums like this view themselves as "defenders of the faith". As defenders of the faith, they are not allowed to consider, let alone admit, that the scriptures may contain errors, contradictions, or blatantly obvious contextual manipulations like the one you have noted. Press the issue and you automatically get threats of hellfire and damnation :evil:

Utterly predictable.

BradtheImpaler said:
AHIMSA said:

Ahimsa, Christians on discussion forums like this view themselves as "defenders of the faith". As defenders of the faith, they are not allowed to consider, let alone admit, that the scriptures may contain errors, contradictions, or blatantly obvious contextual manipulations like the one you have noted. Press the issue and you automatically get threats of hellfire and damnation :evil:

Utterly predictable.
Would you like to be warned of hellfire and damnation, or would you like to be left alone on your path to "Idunnowhatsnext"?

Solo, we grow bored of your hell-flamed rants, come back when you can make some kind of intellectual contribution to this forum. Otherwise, I doubt anyone is truly listening.

Here's a task! Respond to Matthew's mistranslation of the word "young woman" as "virgin" in the OT prophecy. Who knows, you may even have to open another book besides the Bible for this one!

AHIMSA said:
Solo, we grow bored of your hell-flamed rants, come back when you can make some kind of intellectual contribution to this forum. Otherwise, I doubt anyone is truly listening.

Here's a task! Respond to Matthew's mistranslation of the word "young woman" as "virgin" in the OT prophecy. Who knows, you may even have to open another book besides the Bible for this one!

You are not capable of having a intellectual contribution in this forum dealing with the spiritual realm until you become indwelt with the Holy Spirit of God. Then you can kill two birds with one stone; escape the hellfire destiny where your god will end up with you, and have an intellectual conversation dealing with the spiritual realm.

You really ought to quit reading skeptics' literature about little word games played by them, and do an actual study pertaining to your questions.

You come across as a waste of time to me, therefore, you will have to study the "young woman", "virgin" in the Hebrew by yourself. I already know the truth. If you don't wake up pretty soon, you're screwed.

Would you like to be warned of hellfire and damnation, or would you like to be left alone on your path to "Idunnowhatsnext"?

I would like some EVIDENCE that what I am being warned about actually exists. Otherwise I am going to start warning you that you are in danger of being sucked off the tarmac into the void of space when Planet X passes too closely to Earth - which will be the fate of all who do not heed my revelation and begin tunneling underground NOW.

My evidence for this? Why do you ask? :wink:

Soma-Sight said:
The more I learn about Judaism, the more sense it makes to me!

I always thought the Jews were more exclusivistic than the Evangelicals!

Boy was I wrong!

I like a few key points about the Jewish faith

It believes man is basically Good
I believes that God can be experienced directly
It stresses the value of action over prescribing to creeds
It does not see the need to "convert" everyone around them
There is a rich history and culture involved

The most glaring contradiction in my mind as far as WHY they reject Jesus is the line of David problem......

If Jesus was born of a virgin...... and Joseph never took care of the "business" himself...... Jesus couldnt possibly be in the blood - line!

That problem is a real hard one to reconcile although many try to through strange methods.......

First of all the bible teaches that man is basically a fallen being in need of salvation.

Psalms 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

1 Kings 8:46 If they sin against thee, (for there is no man that sinneth not,) and thou be angry with them, and deliver them to the enemy, so that they carry them away captives unto the land of the enemy, far or near;

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Psalms 14:2-7 The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God. They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the LORD. There were they in great fear: for God is in the generation of the righteous. Ye have shamed the counsel of the poor, because the LORD is his refuge. Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! when the LORD bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.

This is why we need a saviour. We are not basically good but naturally sinners.

That is why David wrote.

Psalms 32:1-2 A Psalm of David, Maschil. Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Jesus the King of the Jews said that we are to make converts.

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

The skeptics in this forum spend all their time trying to convince and convert Christians with their belief that the bible is filled with errors and our faith is in vain.

Who do these hypocrites think they are fooling? :biggrin

Why did the KJV translators translate almah as virgin instead of "maiden or young woman?

David Daniels answers.

http://www.chick.com/ask/articles/virgin.asp

Answer: The KJV translators translated "almah" as "virgin" because that's what it means in the text. Here's why:

First of all, it would not be a "sign" if it said "a young woman will bring forth a child". It's no miracle for a woman to have a baby.

Second, in Matthew 1:23, the Jewish writer Matthew tells us what the prophet said. Writing in Greek, he quoted the Hebrew prophet using a Greek word that can only mean "virgin." I am certain that an apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ, a chosen one of God the Son, inspired by the Holy Ghost, who spoke Hebrew as his native language, would know whether the Hebrew word "almah" should mean "young woman," or what he says, "virgin" (parthenos)."

BB continues:

Jews need to listen to the Messiah they rejected and become "born again".

John 3: 1-21

http://www.carm.org/questions/2geneologies.htm

CHRISTIAN APOLOGETICS & RESEARCH MINISTRY

"Both Matthew 1 and Luke 3 contain genealogies of Jesus. But there is one problem. They are different. Luke's Genealogy starts at Adam and goes to David. Matthew's Genealogy starts at Abraham and goes to David. When the genealogies arrive at David, they split with David's sons: Nathan (Mary's side) and Solomon (Joseph's side).

There is no discrepancy because one genealogy is for Mary and the other is for Joseph. It was customary to mention the genealogy through the father even though it was clearly known that it was through Mary....

Some critics may not accept this explanation no matter what reasoning is produced. Nevertheless, they should first realize that the Bible should be interpreted in the context of its literary style, culture, and history. Breaking up genealogies into male and female representations was acceptable in the ancient Near East culture since it was often impolite to speak of women without proper conditions being met: male presence, etc. Therefore, one genealogy is of Mary and the other of Joseph, even though both mention Joseph. In other words, the Mary was counted "in" Joseph and under his headship."..

BB continues:

There were always exceptions to clear cut rules of inheritance in Israel...

For instance...

Numbers 27:1 Then came the daughters of Zelophehad, the son of Hepher, the son of Gilead, the son of Machir, the son of Manasseh, of the families of Manasseh the son of Joseph: and these are the names of his daughters; Mahlah, Noah, and Hoglah, and Milcah, and Tirzah.

Numbers 27:2 And they stood before Moses, and before Eleazar the priest, and before the princes and all the congregation, by the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, saying,

Numbers 27:4 Why should the name of our father be done away from among his family, because he hath no son? Give unto us therefore a possession among the brethren of our father.

Numbers 27:3 Our father died in the wilderness, and he was not in the company of them that gathered themselves together against the LORD in the company of Korah; but died in his own sin, and had no sons.

Numbers 27:4 Why should the name of our father be done away from among his family, because he hath no son? Give unto us therefore a possession among the brethren of our father.

Numbers 27:5 And Moses brought their cause before the LORD.

Numbers 27:6 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,

Numbers 27:7 The daughters of Zelophehad speak right: thou shalt surely give them a possession of an inheritance among their father's brethren; and thou shalt cause the inheritance of their father to pass unto them.

No explanation will ever be satisfactory for the lost souls who's only purpose for being here is to try to cast dispersions on our bible and the God who authored it.

Apostates, skeptics, cultists, atheists, promoters of homosexuality, fornication, abortion, drug abuse etc. are driven by their father to do these this even though they may or may not be aware of it.

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Gary said:
Divine Names said:
(a) The beliefs aren't coherent. (b) I have never seen a good defence of Christianity.

(a) They are many millions of people today who find Christian beliefs coherent..... as millions of others have done for centuries.
(b) Which "defence" of Christianity have you actually read? Name a few books please.

Well Gary, one kind of defence that I have read about is 'legal apologetics'-

http://www.geocities.com/gary_bee_za/bi ... enleaf.htm

I think this is likely complete nonsense, what do you think?

:biggrin

bibleberean said:
BB continues:

There were always exceptions to clear cut rules of inheritance in Israel...

For instance...

They seem to be examples of inheriting possessions, that isn't disputed as far as I know. Can you address the relevant question of lineage?

BradtheImpaler said:

I would like some EVIDENCE that what I am being warned about actually exists. Otherwise I am going to start warning you that you are in danger of being sucked off the tarmac into the void of space when Planet X passes too closely to Earth - which will be the fate of all who do not heed my revelation and begin tunneling underground NOW.

My evidence for this? Why do you ask? :wink:
The evidence that you seek is in the Word of God and His truth. Believe what the Holy Spirit says to you, and you will be saved. If you are intelligent enough to know a true warning when you receive one, and get honest with yourself, then you will come to believe in the Savior Jesus Christ; otherwise you will end up in an eternal hell which was originally created for the devil and his angels. After the fall of man, more were guarenteed eternity with their father in hell.

DivineNames said:
Gary said:
Divine Names said:

Well Gary, one kind of defence that I have read about is 'legal apologetics'-

http://www.geocities.com/gary_bee_za/bi ... enleaf.htm

I think this is likely complete nonsense, what do you think?

:biggrin
Your thoughts considering something complete nonsense strengthens the truthfulness of the subject, if your past thoughts are an indicator of truth.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back