Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[_ Old Earth _] How old is the Earth???

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Many people believe that the Earth is millions of years old. Scientists have been telling us about dinosaurs millions of years ago. How many here really beileve that the world is millions of years old? According to the Bible, the Earth is only about only 6000 years old, where in Genesis 1 God created the Earth Moons and stars. Evolutionists try to get you to believe that the Earth is millions of years old to sell you on evolution. In the book of Job there were Behemoths that roamed the Earth. And of course there were different sizes of Behemoths just like there are different sizes of dogs, cats etc etc. So what Im saying is that God created these "Dinosaurs" when he created all of the other animals. There were never meat eating dinosaurs such as Tyranasaurus Rex, etc. Behemoths were grass, veggie eating big animals. Sorry not a point to this but I just wanted to state my opinion on this matter. God Bless
The earth is roughly 4.56 billion years old. This is not answered by biology/evolution but geology. Radio metric dating is the primary means by which we dated the earth.

I recommend you look into that with an open mind and a trust that God is bigger than any fundamentalist interpretation.

Does the Bible Talk About Dinosaurs?

http://goodnewsfl.org/does-the-bible-talk-about-dinosaurs/

390_dinosaurs.jpg

The behemoth could not be a dinosaur, since dinosaurs being reptiles, do not have external genetalia.
Do we actually have a dinosaur skeleton or are they just pieces of bones put together to look like a dinosaur?
Has science figured out how to make it's own oil yet or is that still on the drawing board?

Do we actually have a dinosaur skeleton

Hundreds of thousands are known. I've picked up pieces of mosasaurs myself, around North Texas. The Karoo formation in South Africa has uncounted millions of thecodont reptiles in it.

Has science figured out how to make it's own oil

Germans did that in WWII. Not commercially viable, but they were desperate. But they did it from coal, which is kind of cheating. Today, however:

Green Oil: Scientists Turn Algae Into Petroleum In 30 Minutes
“It’s a bit like using a pressure cooker, only the pressures and temperatures we use are much higher,” said researcher Douglas Elliott in a statement. “In a sense, we are duplicating the process in the Earth that converted algae into oil over the course of millions of years. We’re just doing it much, much faster.”
http://www.forbes.com/sites/christo...ists-turn-algae-into-petroleum-in-30-minutes/

is that still on the drawing board?

It's still cheaper to find it and pull it out of the ground, but eventually, the process will become more efficient, and oil harder to find, and there you are.

The behemoth could not be a dinosaur, since dinosaurs being reptiles, do not have external genetalia.
I thought I had heard or read that there is a difference of opinion in the scientific world about this. Some have come to the conclusion that they were more likely bird-like than reptilian in nature. We may never know for sure I guess.

I thought I had heard or read that there is a difference of opinion in the scientific world about this. Some have come to the conclusion that they were more likely bird-like than reptilian in nature.

Yeah, dinosaurs and birds are closer to each other in many many ways than either is close to other living things. Turns out that at least some theropod dinosaurs had the bird system of respiration. And of course only birds and dinosaurs have/had feathers. And when a bit of heme (fraction of hemoglobin molecules) was found in T. rex bones, it turned out to be more like that of birds than like other reptiles. However, birds also lack external genitalia, so it fits.

Yeah, dinosaurs and birds are closer to each other in many many ways than either is close to other living things. Turns out that at least some theropod dinosaurs had the bird system of respiration. And of course only birds and dinosaurs have/had feathers. And when a bit of heme (fraction of hemoglobin molecules) was found in T. rex bones, it turned out to be more like that of birds than like other reptiles. However, birds also lack external genitalia, so it fits.

Impossible, why do you repeatedly ignore what God says about it?

I Corinthians 15:39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.

Life was different before the flood, men lived hundreds of years, those that believe the scriptures believe animals lived longer as well.. How large do you suppose a lion would be if he lived 200 years,? Man comes along with his preconceived ideas adds an artist the likes of Van Gogh to draw what he conceives to be a dinosaur..

tob

My guess is the earth is no less than 1 day old and no older than 60000 billion years old. I make room for a bit of give and take.

I feel the earth is young, here's why (in part)

I believe is God giving us brief glimpses into his truth and existence and He is also dropping clues. He has not forgotten us and is providing "snap shots of proof" that His Word can trusted. If you look, the answers are there...

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.8"For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened."Matt 7:7

If you watch all of these videos you will be amazed and will come out with confidence that the Bible is truth and all this evolutionary nonsense is utter rubbish. Evolution and millions of yesrs is gutting generations and taking untold numbers to hell.

The "millions of years" anti-God-world-view has essentially taken over the entire globe and MS scientific community despite the amazing evidence that the world is young! (There are many Christian scientists btw as many of you already know...) The good news is that thousands of real scientists do not believe these lies and have worked out great models in favour of Intelligent Creation.

If you have not seen this info before you should be aware of it. As a Christian, this info gives incredible proof that scripture is true and gives the correct version of history and our existence.

"Always being ready to make a defence to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence."1 Peter 3:15

This series of videos is a but a drop in the bucket to the available information out there.

Again, God gives more than enough evidence that his Word is TRUTH.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Start here: This amazing short doc (1 hr) shows some pretty amazing evidence that man has clearly lived with the so called "dinosaurs" from the beginning. And yes, the Bible talks about "dinosaurs"... Although, keep in mind, early man did not consider them any different than today's rhinoceros or crocodiles... They were just more creatures that roamed the earth, some huge some small nothing special to them as they saw them every day. Because we don't see them like they did, we have built a mythology around them and gave them fancy names...but man walked with "dinosaurs" and so do you!

"I walk with dinosaurs", you say? How? Here's an amazing video of what we call living fossils.(4 Min) These creatures are unchanged from "dinosaur days". Why? The simple answer is that the earth is in fact not old, some creatures could not survive after the flood ( now drasticly changed environment) so they've been dying off since the days of Noah... These ones survived until today!....

Here is the most amazing Living fossil that for me, kills the "evolutionist" dead in his tracks...and its beautiful! (3 min)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Here's an amazing video 8 min. Showing how they found soft tissue in a T-Rex long bone. Yes, you read that right, soft tissue!
But how can this be? T-Rex's are 66 million years old right? Soft tissue can't possibly last that long can it? The last minute of her talk is mind blowing. But she stops short of acknowledging the actual implications of this discovery because a young earth just can't be truth right? The earth has to be millions of years old right? They say so, so it must!

Here's my video on the physical evidence for a global flood. It's everywhere- its real and powerful. You can rest assured that a global flood did occur just as scripture asserts.

And for the icing on the cake, here's what I believe to be the real resting place of Noah's ark. Amazing doc and well worth watching. (1hr+) Many years ago I told a friend that if they found the Arks resting place, people would have to believe. I now see how hard some hearts are and seeing the ARK will not change some. This may not be the actual resting place, but there's enough evidence here that tells me it is! Why is this not on the nightly news??

http://youtu.be/M7RUWxK4EW4

and finally...every so often, God I feel gives us a glimpse into His Truths, for those willing to see.

There are many examples, but this one is very nice. Watch the short video below and be amazed.

A glimpse of Heaven? I think so...

The Sixth Day: Creatures on Land
29Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you; 30and to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the sky and to every thing that moves on the earth which has life, I have given every green plant for food"; and it was so.31God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSopWo3IUvU

Life was different before the flood, men lived hundreds of years, those that believe the scriptures believe animals lived longer as well.. How large do you suppose a lion would be if he lived 200 years,? Man comes along with his preconceived ideas adds an artist the likes of Van Gogh to draw what he conceives to be a dinosaur..

tob
Really? You really think that with the thousands of different fossils that look nothing like animals alive today, that paleontologists and the like have simply mistaken them for larger versions of animals that are alive today? Size is largely irrelevant compared to the actual structure of the animal.

As a Christian, this info gives incredible proof that scripture is true and gives the correct version of history and our existence.
It "gives incredible proof that scripture is true and gives the correct version of history and our existence," for one specific interpretation of Scripture, which may not be correct.

And yes, the Bible talks about "dinosaurs"...
Where does it talk about dinosaurs?

Really? You really think that with the thousands of different fossils that look nothing like animals alive today, that paleontologists and the like have simply mistaken them for larger versions of animals that are alive today? Size is largely irrelevant compared to the actual structure of the animal.

Understand now I'm using Gods word and nothing else..

Genesis 6:17 And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die.

18 But with thee will I establish my covenant; and thou shalt come into the ark, thou, and thy sons, and thy wife, and thy sons' wives with thee.

19 And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female.

20 Of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive.

Noah brought every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort into the ark... As children of God we have been granted the freedom to believe everything God says is true, the devil is out to destroy that freedom..

tob

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back