Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

How will the world explain the rapture?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Originally Posted by Alabaster
Yes they will, but we won't be here if we know Jesus...we will be coming with Him.
Oh I get it so you're a pre-tribber?
I do not know if Alabaster is a pre-tribber or not, but even post trib believers believe the Bride/ church returns with Christ. The dead are raise, and the living are caught up to meet the Lord in the air as He is returning to Earth, and WE return with Him.

I do not know if Alabaster is a pre-tribber or not, but even post trib believers believe the Bride/ church returns with Christ. The dead are raise, and the living are caught up to meet the Lord in the air as He is returning to Earth, and WE return with Him.

What...you mean we return with Him to the New Earth?

Originally Posted by watchman F
What...you mean we return with Him to the New Earth?
No the New Earth is after the millennium we return with Christ as He returns after the Tribulation, before the millennium to rule and reign with Him for 1,000 years.

No the New Earth is after the millennium we return with Christ as He returns after the Tribulation, before the millennium to rule and reign with Him for 1,000 years.

But again, theres no description of any return of us to Earth in Revelation or the entire Bible for that matter. Nothing.

Theres only talk of us meeting Jesus in the clouds. All the thrones seem to be in Heaven.

The only verse you have that even comes close is this one:

20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the
camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down
from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

But that doesn't mean that the camp of the Saints isn't still in the clouds. And it hints at Jesus still being in the sky at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
The teaching of a pretrib rapture is 100% totally false.

No it isn't. It is a valid interpretation just as the post-tribulational interpretation is. God has left us many hints as to final events, but He hasn't laid it out in precise detail. It isn't a salvational matter. We must bear with one another.

It is a pretty disheartening pattern that those who hold to any other belief than the pre-tribulational one are those who denigrate, accuse and persecute those who hold that view. To me, it strengthens my belief as the truth, for the truth is what usually causes disturbance in people.

But again, theres no description of any return of us to Earth in Revelation or the entire Bible for that matter. Nothing.

Theres only talk of us meeting Jesus in the clouds. All the thrones seem to be in Heaven.

Except that we, the Bride will be ruling and reigning with Jesus here for those 1000 years. If you cannot glean that from scripture, you at least can glean it from the portion that says we will forever be with Him, once he comes for us, can you not?

John 14:3
When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.

Except that we, the Bride will be ruling and reigning with Jesus here for those 1000 years. If you cannot glean that from scripture, you at least can glean it from the portion that says we will forever be with Him, once he comes for us, can you not?

John 14:3
When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.

What does that have to do with the LOCATION that we will be ruling from with Christ?

The last we hear is that we meet Jesus in the clouds and are with Him always......there....in the clouds. Where we will rule for what John describes as 'a thousand years' but which may not be literal.

No it isn't. It is a valid interpretation just as the post-tribulational interpretation is. God has left us many hints as to final events, but He hasn't laid it out in precise detail. It isn't a salvational matter. We must bear with one another.

It is a pretty disheartening pattern that those who hold to any other belief than the pre-tribulational one are those who denigrate, accuse and persecute those who hold that view. To me, it strengthens my belief as the truth, for the truth is what usually causes disturbance in people.

I agree that pre-tribbers should be shown respect for their view of how things will pan out.

Only thing is, you should be prepared to go through the trib. Don't invest too much on being raptured away before the troubles come. Imagine how quickly your faith in Christ will evaporate if you finally admit you are in the middle of the great tribulation?

The timing of our gathering is not a salvation issue but losing our faith because Jesus did not deliver on what you thought were his promises....is.

I don't know where I stand as far as the rapture yet....

But, how is ithe world going to explain the rapture and millions of disappearing people? They say there are 2.2 billion Christians or something right? I personally feel that from that number maybe 25% are true believers. (Many claim to be Christians, but if that number was true the fruit would prove it) Anyways, it's still a significant % of the world's population that goes missing. How could it possibly be explained??

If we were atheists who knew nothing of the rapture and it happened yesterday, what could the media possibly say to get us to believe? I know I'd want some pretty hard evidence and understanding. I'm not going to be one of those who thinks it was aliens...

Theories?

When Jesus talked about the last days, he compared it to the days of Noah. No one suspected the flood coming and only Noah a few family members out of the hundreds and maybe thousands that he had perished in the flood.

The end is soon here but this time not by a flood. The earth is going to change by hot lava melting the earth's crust. No flesh will survive this age. There's been over 95 billion people who have died in the flesh already leaving about 7 billion people to die during this destruction.

God didn't create our flesh. He created us in his invisible image as souls, which are actually thoughts within the thoughts of God. After our flesh dies, we remain alive in God until paradise is read for us. The earth had to be changed back to the way it was when it first was created. This means there won't be any mountains or oceans and most of the water will remain in the outer atmosphere as ice crystals to block out the harmful ultra-violet rays of the sun. This will stabilize the weather and the new heat cracks in the crust will keep the climate at a perfect temperature thoughout the whole world. Then God will grow us a new earth that's full of gardens for his people in their new immortal bodies to live forever.

So don't worry about the rapture because there's no such thing. This idea came from misinterpreted scriptures by people looking to stay alive. If you try save your life, you will lose it. Only God can save us all and he will. Here's a few scriptures you can read to see for yourself.

Psalm 22:
25: From thee comes my praise in the great congregation; my vows I will pay before those who fear him.
26: The afflicted shall eat and be satisfied; those who seek him shall praise the LORD! May your hearts live for ever!
27:
All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the LORD; and all the families of the nations shall worship before him.

Isaiah 55: 5-7
5: Behold, you shall call nations that you know not, and nations that knew you not shall run to you, because of the LORD your God, and of the Holy One of Israel, for he has glorified you.
6: "Seek the LORD while he may be found, call upon him while he is near;
7:
let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the LORD, that he may have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Micah 4:
6: In that day, says the LORD, I will assemble the lame and gather those who have been driven away, and those whom I have afflicted;
7: and the lame I will make the remnant; and those who were cast off, a strong nation; and the LORD will reign over them in Mount Zion from this time forth and for evermore.

What does that have to do with the LOCATION that we will be ruling from with Christ?

The last we hear is that we meet Jesus in the clouds and are with Him always......there....in the clouds. Where we will rule for what John describes as 'a thousand years' but which may not be literal.

We will come with Jesus Christ and reign with Him for 1000 years on Earth---literally.

I agree that pre-tribbers should be shown respect for their view of how things will pan out.

Only thing is, you should be prepared to go through the trib. Don't invest too much on being raptured away before the troubles come. Imagine how quickly your faith in Christ will evaporate if you finally admit you are in the middle of the great tribulation?

The timing of our gathering is not a salvation issue but losing our faith because Jesus did not deliver on what you thought were his promises....is.

The one thing we are definitely promised as King's kids is what? Persecution. That is one thing that God doesn't promise to deliver us out of. True believers who bother to know the word of God know this fact and aren't living in fear of what man can do. No weapon formed against us shall prosper.

Isaiah 54:17
But in that coming day
no weapon turned against you will succeed.
You will silence every voice
raised up to accuse you.
These benefits are enjoyed by the servants of the Lord;
their vindication will come from me.
I, the Lord, have spoken!

My eye is on the prize...

Philippians 3:14
I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.

And every other nutcase with some wild idea needs to be respected to I guess. What about people who say Jesus and Satan are brothers should their opinion be respected?

I respect no false doctrine.

And every other nutcase with some wild idea needs to be respected to I guess. What about people who say Jesus and Satan are brothers should their opinion be respected?

I respect no false doctrine.

That is a subtle way of denouncing all pre-tribbers as nutcases, eh?

Vicious and not called for. Are you also one of those who declares loudly that pre-tribbers are also spiritually lost? If so, then some watchman that is!

last time i checked no person was required to fully understand the bible in the end times to get to heavan otherwise paul would have mentioned that in thessalonians.

That is a subtle way of denouncing all pre-tribbers as nutcases, eh?

Vicious and not called for. Are you also one of those who declares loudly that pre-tribbers are also spiritually lost? If so, then some watchman that is!
Actually I wasn't calling pretribbers nutcases (although I can see where it would seem that way). My point was where do we draw the line. Which false doctrine should be denounce, and which ones should be respected. I do not think you are lost because of your false view of the rapture, but I do see it as a problem that you need to work yourself through. Believe God's words, not man's teachings, or satan's lies.

Actually I wasn't calling pretribbers nutcases (although I can see where it would seem that way). My point was where do we draw the line. Which false doctrine should be denounce, and which ones should be respected. I do not think you are lost because of your false view of the rapture, but I do see it as a problem that you need to work yourself through. Believe God's words, not man's teachings, or satan's lies.

Let me tell you: only the doctrines that adversely affect the message of salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ are those we need contend for.

Eschatology doesn't affect salvation.

My views about eschatology agree with scripture. So do post-tribulational views. I and many other pre-tribbers don't sit there and tell posties that they are false. Rarely have I ever seen anyone accusing them of being false. It only seems to be a problem for you and your group, who regularly castigate brothers and sisters in Christ for what they see as false views.

Calling the pre-trib rapture view a lie of Satan is disgusting. God leaves us room for interpretation.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back