Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I was denied the eucharist...and it hurt

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
The CC did not deny the OP for the reason you state.

I asked her an important question in post 6 to which she did not reply. Apparently, she knows why she was refused but wished to make an issue of it instead.

Your hatred of the CC is unchristianly.
It even goes against Romans 14, which you posted.

I'm not getting into this with you again, I just want to say that you're talking about initial salvation and Mungo is talking about continual salvation.

You should stop spreading lies about the CC.
There are or has been fathers who have said that locally at several parish.

One being st John of the cross ,I believe the current St Helens .

In order to marry a Catholic as I was engaged to one I had to show I was baptized .

That was when it was more open .I hear now not as much .so it depends on who you ask .

Oh my gosh. This is such a big knot to be untied, for a Catholic, particularly.

Easter is a Catholic invention. Changing the day that we celebrate our Passover Lamb was changed by the Catholics, not by God. Yes, most Protestants don't know this and think God changed it.
Peshac .I have partook in it

It's complicated.
Strange things have happened.
Watch that video I posted on the Latin Mass.
If you want to learn about CC.
Oh, I understand perfectly that it's complicated.
That's what I detest about man made religions and theologies. They're too over-thought and complicated. In fact, I take that as a sign that a theology or doctrine is man made and not divine. The truth is so not complicated. Refreshingly not complicated.

I don't think that's the definition Paul gives for eating and drinking unworthily.
I didn't say that was the definition; it's the outcome.

I feel it's incumbent on the person themselves as to whether or not they should take Communion. Aside from an obvious instance, I don't know where the church gets this supposed authority to administer the food and drink as they see fit. The person themselves judges whether or not they are in a condition worthy to eat and drink. But if there is some scripture that says otherwise that I haven't thought of then I'm open to correction.
I think it is simply because church leaders are accountable to God for those under them. Some choose to exercise control, rightly or wrongly, on who can "approach the table," due to the severity of the consequences for participating in an unworthy manner.

I'm not challenging the historicity of any Sunday observance. I'm challenging the authoritative institution of those observances by the Catholic church.
You were challenging Easter, which seems to predate the Catholic Church.

You were challenging Easter, which seems to predate the Catholic Church.
Pasch predated the Catholic Church and is not the same as Easter:

The origin of Easter​

According to William E. Vine, “The term ‘Easter’ is not of Christian origin. It is another form of Astarte, one of the titles of the Chaldean goddess, the queen of heaven. The festival of Pasch [Passover] held by Christians in post-apostolic times was a continuation of the Jewish feast. … From this Pasch the pagan festival of ‘Easter’ was quite distinct and was introduced into the apostate Western religion, as part of the attempt to adapt pagan festivals to Christianity” (Vine’s Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words, 1997, “Easter”).

Easter, like Christmas, is an invention of the Catholic Church. Both were designed with the intention of making Christianity attractive to pagans by closely linking those holidays with pagan beliefs and timetables.

Last edited:
Jesus didn't know His church would be splintered into hundreds of denominations.

This is my Body
This is my Blood

Which will be given up for you.
It was given up the next day.

If a person does not believe the above,
They should not go to the altar.

1 Cor 11:27-29
Who is to say I DON'T? And is that not a PERSONAL choice? People drink wine and eat bread every day...should they not do so if they don't believe
No further comment.
You are entitled to believe what you wish to believe.

No matter how wrong you are.
Just make sure God loves you and that you love Him And your neighbor.

As He instructed .
How can God love me if I am denied to eat his body because I don't cross myself?

From the same source quoted above in post 147:

Two Catholic reference works are also open about the etymology of the name “Easter”:

• “The word Easter, which comes from the Anglo-Saxon, is a term derived from the pagan goddess of the dawn” (The Catholic Encyclopedia, 1987, p. 177).
  • “Etym. Anglo-Saxon Eastre, Teutonic goddess of dawn and spring” (Modern Catholic Dictionary, 1980, p. 175).

Pasch predated the Catholic Church and is not the same as Easter:

The origin of Easter​

According to William E. Vine, “The term ‘Easter’ is not of Christian origin. It is another form of Astarte, one of the titles of the Chaldean goddess, the queen of heaven. The festival of Pasch [Passover] held by Christians in post-apostolic times was a continuation of the Jewish feast. … From this Pasch the pagan festival of ‘Easter’ was quite distinct and was introduced into the apostate Western religion, as part of the attempt to adapt pagan festivals to Christianity” (Vine’s Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words, 1997, “Easter”).

Easter, like Christmas, is an invention of the Catholic Church. Both were designed with the intention of making Christianity attractive to pagans by closely linking those holidays with pagan beliefs and timetables.
No.

Dang this bload up.

I come from the Baptist tradition and as of right now still attend a Baptist church, though that may be changing in the coming months. My church has what is called an "open communion", which means any Christian is welcome. But some Baptist churches do not practice open communion, they may require you to be part of their membership, to be a Baptist, or to have been baptized, etc.

Dang this bload up.

I come from the Baptist tradition and as of right now still attend a Baptist church, though that may be changing in the coming months. My church has what is called an "open communion", which means any Christian is welcome. But some Baptist churches do not practice open communion, they may require you to be part of their membership, to be a Baptist, or to have been baptized, etc.
At least Baptists don't claim to literally be the UNIVERSAL Church.

We don't believe we are saved by faith alone because it is not Biblical.
But let's not divert this topic into another faith alone thread.
Catholic don't believe in the Bible so it is a moot point. If they DID, they would follow Christ, not Rome.

It's ridiculous that to become a saved person you have to literally eat the body and blood of Christ. What you have to do to become a saved person is be forgiven. And that forgiveness is received by having faith in it.

The Catholic Church doesn't teach that "to become a saved person you have to literally eat the body and blood of Christ".
You seem to have many false understandings of what the Catholic Church teaches.

What gives the Catholic church the power to deny Communion to a born again child of God????? Nothing of course. No one, and no thing has the authority to stand between a child of God and the observance of the Passover wine and bread. That privilege lies exclusively in the fact that that person belongs to Jesus Christ.

Another opinion without evidence or understanding.

I don't buy it.
Catholics don't believe that non-Catholics are saved. If they did there would be no need for the Catholic church. You know it, and I know it. Catholics have been trying to put a good face on the Catholic church. It's deceitful and it has to stop.

Another display of ignorance.
The Catholic Church does not teach that non-Catholics are not saved

According to the Bible.
Nothing in there about not being able to take communion because of religious affiliation.
And since the Catholic church don't play by the rule book, but their own instead, I don't go! Same for any other Protestant church.

Jesus to Peter:
I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. (Mt 16:19)

Jesus to all the apostles collectively:
Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. (Mt 18:18)

The Catholic Church doesn't teach that "to become a saved person you have to literally eat the body and blood of Christ".
You seem to have many false understandings of what the Catholic Church teaches.
Then you don't understand the implication of your own teaching:

53So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I tell you, unless you eat the flesh and drink the blood of the Son of Man, you have no life in you. John 6:53

Catholics insist Jesus was being literal. That means Jesus said you have no life in you if you do not literally eat his flesh and drink his blood. So, obviously, according to Catholic beliefs you have to literally eat and drink the body and blood of Jesus to be saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back