Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Invisible Christianity

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Who Me

What do you think of this:-https://answersingenesis.org/christianity/barna-weve-reached-time-of-christian-invisibility/

A review that says poor teaching of Christian leaders by colleges has lead to very poor teaching of Christians, and consequently a poor example of Christianity seen by a hostile world.

Present the supernatural of God to others around you,not what you 'believe'.People just don't want to hear about a 'Sky God' they can't see.

The only two people that are left on this beach,are the dead,and the ones that are about to die,..........General Cota,June 6th,1944,Normandy.

Be a place of sanctuary from this fallen corrupt world for people around you,both in action and intellect,show them something new.

Are you going to draw them pistols,or whistle dixie?,................Josey Wales.

What do you think of this:-https://answersingenesis.org/christianity/barna-weve-reached-time-of-christian-invisibility/

A review that says poor teaching of Christian leaders by colleges has lead to very poor teaching of Christians, and consequently a poor example of Christianity seen by a hostile world.
Poor teaching along with the wrong view of end times, leads to this result

I've sent this writing on the wall even about 20 years ago when I attended one year of Bob Jones University. Even back then they were starting to drift, and BJU was known as the more conservative of the options for a christian college.

The colleges aren't Christian, so don't expect their students to be something they are not.

If people would just believe that which has already been written instead of believing all those man made doctrines then maybe they would see the truth which is already written :readbible
Believe that which is already written??? What is that? Everyone says they believe the bible!
Believe what exactly?:eek2:thinking

Hey All
Is it just the teaching, or is it more distraction than ever before.
Going to church Sunday morning in the fall/winter means giving up the early NFL game.
A simple time change could yield excellent results. My church has an 8:00 A.M. early Sunday morning service. I am home by 10:00.
I am all chuched up, and have not missed the opening kickoff.
Something simple, like a time change might help. Churches should poll their parishioners, and work to meet their needs.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hey All
Is it just the teaching, or is it more distraction than ever before.
Going to church Sunday morning in the fall/winter means giving up the early NFL game.
A simple time change could yield excellent results. My church has an 8:00 A.M. early Sunday morning service. I am home by 10:00.
I am all chuched up, and have not missed the opening kickoff.
Something simple, like a time change might help. Churches should poll their parishioners, and work to meet their needs.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
So is it appropriate to schedule worship around football? If we truly want to take a day out every week to spend time with our Lord, is an hour enough?

Just how distinctive are Christians today with prioritising Sunday sport over worship and service.
The pagan Roman emperor Julian wrote “Why then do we… not observe how the kindness of Christians to strangers, their care for the burial of their dead, and the sobriety of their lifestyle has done the most to advance their cause? …it is disgraceful when no Jew is a beggar and the impious [Christians] support our poor in addition to their own.”
Taken from https://coldcasechristianity.com/writings/has-christianity-contributed-anything-significant/

Is Christianity to you just something that makes one feel good!
Or is a way of life that is radically different from that of one's non Christian colleagues and neighbours.

Are we influenced by what the Bible says in our thoughts, speech and consequently in our actions?

So is it appropriate to schedule worship around football? If we truly want to take a day out every week to spend time with our Lord, is an hour enough?
Hey All,
Sure. Why not?
Worship doesn't have to take all day.
It doesn't have to be in the morning.
Churches have people who work weekends.
That is just the reality of today's economy.
So how do you accommodate them?
Hope Chapel in Hermosa Beach, CA holds a Saturday night service.
There are ways that churches can be more accommodating to their parishioners.
But it takes work.
You have to talk to the people and listen to what they say.

Also, why does it take an hour to explain a verse or two?
I don't need all the Greek intricacies of why a word means this or that.
I can look that up for myself.
Just pick a passage and explain how I can apply it to my life.
I was in a service where the teacher went on and on about what "whosoever" in John 3:16 actually meant.
I didn't go back to that church.

There is definitely room for Churches to improve.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Just how distinctive are Christians today with prioritising Sunday sport over worship and service.
The pagan Roman emperor Julian wrote “Why then do we… not observe how the kindness of Christians to strangers, their care for the burial of their dead, and the sobriety of their lifestyle has done the most to advance their cause? …it is disgraceful when no Jew is a beggar and the impious [Christians] support our poor in addition to their own.”
Taken from https://coldcasechristianity.com/writings/has-christianity-contributed-anything-significant/

Is Christianity to you just something that makes one feel good!
Or is a way of life that is radically different from that of one's non Christian colleagues and neighbours.

Are we influenced by what the Bible says in our thoughts, speech and consequently in our actions?
Many do not regard the Lord's Day. They suggest one day in seven rest is no longer made for man.

Hey All,
Sure. Why not?
Worship doesn't have to take all day.
It doesn't have to be in the morning.
Churches have people who work weekends.
That is just the reality of today's economy.
So how do you accommodate them?
Hope Chapel in Hermosa Beach, CA holds a Saturday night service.
There are ways that churches can be more accommodating to their parishioners.
But it takes work.
You have to talk to the people and listen to what they say.

Also, why does it take an hour to explain a verse or two?
I don't need all the Greek intricacies of why a word means this or that.
I can look that up for myself.
Just pick a passage and explain how I can apply it to my life.
I was in a service where the teacher went on and on about what "whosoever" in John 3:16 actually meant.
I didn't go back to that church.

There is definitely room for Churches to improve.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Having to work on Sunday is a little different than having to watch a ballgame. I often get whimsical when members of our own church get concerned about what time we hold our worship service. I can't help but ask, what is more important, spending time with our Lord or the ballgame?

What is meant by invisible church?

Thks
People confuse the Kingdom of God with the local church.
Individual Christians are Kingdom members scattered worldwide. The Church consists of assembled members, visibly assembled under the God ordained rules under Pastors and Teachers.
There is no Invisible church. The Church is visible.
That being said, people and theologians speak of the" Invisible church"as the true believers that exist along side the tares in the local assemblies.

Believe that which is already written??? What is that? Everyone says they believe the bible!
Believe what exactly?inspired:eek2:thinking
If you do not believe what the Prophets and Apostles wrote as letters that makes up the Bible then you have no Spiritual understanding of the truth found in those letters. We are not to go by doctrines of man in whatever flavor of church doctrine you are taught, but to study the word of God for what has already been written by the Prophets and Apostles.

2Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2Timothy 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

1John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

People confuse the Kingdom of God with the local church.
Individual Christians are Kingdom members scattered worldwide. The Church consists of assembled members, visibly assembled under the God ordained rules under Pastors and Teachers.
There is no Invisible church. The Church is visible.
That being said, people and theologians speak of the" Invisible church"as the true believers that exist along side the tares in the local assemblies.
How does an invisible church exercise authority?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back