Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Invisible Christianity

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Peter (1)
The eleven including Mathias (11)
Paul (1)
Makes 13
Hey All,
How many apostles were personally chosen by Jesus?
12?
The eleven remaining, Judas who is no longer alive, and Paul.
Revelation says there are twelve.
I am not going to deny Scripture.
I do not believe John made a mistake.
John was at Matthias' selection.
The twelfth could very well be Matthias.

But Paul was called directly by God.
I believe that carries more weight than the apostles' votes.
You are Catholic.
Ask your pastor how they resolve this issue and maintain Scriptural integrity.

I would be interested in hearing the response.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

How did Peter and the apostles teach the USA? 1776

Jesus converted the fundamentalist Saul that way cos that’s the only possible way

In Pride presumption and arrogance he was persecuting Christ thinking he was acting righteously and doing God’s will!
Mr. Adams what are you writing about?

"How did Peter and the apostles teach the USA? 1776 " (Quote from donadams)

Do you seriously believe that Peter and the apostles taught in the U.S.A. in 1776?
That is so bizarre.
That is a new one.
Does the Catholic Church teach this?
It is hard to believe that came from you.
I gotta tell you, not too much shocks me anymore.
But you managed to do it

Suffice it to say, the apostles were not in the U.S.A. in 1776.
The only way they taught was with the Holy Spirit through their written Word.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

We must still have apostles until Christ returns Matt 28:19 acts 1:8

The teaching of the apostles is the rule of faith of Christians acts 2:42
Luke 6:12 And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.
Luke 6:13 And when it was day, he called unto him his disciples: and of them he chose twelve, whom also he named apostles;
Luke 6:14 Simon, (whom he also named Peter,) and Andrew his brother, James and John, Philip and Bartholomew,
Luke 6:15 Matthew and Thomas, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon called Zelotes,
Luke 6:16 And Judas the brother of James, and Judas Iscariot, which also was the traitor.

Notice it says Jesus called His disciples to Him, as He had many followers, and then He chose only twelve out of all of them in whom He called them, the twelve, apostles

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Once again the great commission was only given to that particular 12 as they only received power, but they had to wait until after the Resurrection of Christ where in the upper room Jesus appeared to them and then they received the Holy Ghost before they could be sent out into the world to make more disciples of Christ.

An Apostle is one that witnessed Christ an walked with Him as they were hand picked by Christ and taught by Him as the twelve were actual witnesses of Christ in whom He personally taught them. After Christ ascended up to heaven then they began their journeys writing letters to the churches they established wherever they traveled. Hence the true doctrines of Christ. They were disciples that followed Christ, but after they were personally hand picked of Christ it was He that called them Apostles and sent them out to make more disciples, not Apostles.

1Cor 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

First Apostles, being the twelve, or actually 13 including Paul.

Hey All,
How many apostles were personally chosen by Jesus?
12?
The eleven remaining, Judas who is no longer alive, and Paul.
Revelation says there are twelve.
I am not going to deny Scripture.
I do not believe John made a mistake.
John was at Matthias' selection.
The twelfth could very well be Matthias.

But Paul was called directly by God.
I believe that carries more weight than the apostles' votes.
You are Catholic.
Ask your pastor how they resolve this issue and maintain Scriptural integrity.

I would be interested in hearing the response.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
All of them!

Or you dont actually believe Jesus Christ and His eternal words!

Mr. Adams what are you writing about?

"How did Peter and the apostles teach the USA? 1776 " (Quote from donadams)

Do you seriously believe that Peter and the apostles taught in the U.S.A. in 1776?
That is so bizarre.
That is a new one.
Does the Catholic Church teach this?
It is hard to believe that came from you.
I gotta tell you, not too much shocks me anymore.
But you managed to do it

Suffice it to say, the apostles were not in the U.S.A. in 1776.
The only way they taught was with the Holy Spirit through their written Word.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Jesus requires the apostles to teach “all nations” including the good ole USA! Matt 28:19
And to go to the ends of the earth not the “known nations” or the “known ends of the earth”

Successors are explicit in the authority of the apostles and implicit in Matt 28:19 and acts 1:8

Thks

What did Nathaniel and Andrew write!

Yes the apostles and their successors the catholic bishops fulfill the great commission!

Jesus requires the apostles to teach “all nations” including the good ole USA! Matt 28:19
And to go to the ends of the earth not the “known nations” or the “known ends of the earth”

Successors are explicit in the authority of the apostles and implicit in Matt 28:19 and acts 1:8

Thks

What did Nathaniel and Andrew write!

Yes the apostles and their successors the catholic bishops fulfill the great commission!
Hey All,
Jesus chose 12 by name.
They are the 12 we know.
One was "a traitor," and killed himself after the betrayal.

Luke 6:16
And Judas the brother of James, and Judas Iscariot, which also was the traitor.

Paul was hand-selected by Jesus.
See Acts 9.

There are the 12 names, of the 12 apostles, written upon the 12 foundations of of the wall of the new Jerusalem.

Revelation 21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

There are 12.

Bishops are disciples, not apostles.
The Pope is a disciple elected by other disciples.
Being elected by disciples does not make the Pope greater than those who elected him.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Luke 6:12 And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.
Luke 6:13 And when it was day, he called unto him his disciples: and of them he chose twelve, whom also he named apostles;
Luke 6:14 Simon, (whom he also named Peter,) and Andrew his brother, James and John, Philip and Bartholomew,
Luke 6:15 Matthew and Thomas, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon called Zelotes,
Luke 6:16 And Judas the brother of James, and Judas Iscariot, which also was the traitor.

Notice it says Jesus called His disciples to Him, as He had many followers, and then He chose only twelve out of all of them in whom He called them, the twelve, apostles

Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Once again the great commission was only given to that particular 12 as they only received power, but they had to wait until after the Resurrection of Christ where in the upper room Jesus appeared to them and then they received the Holy Ghost before they could be sent out into the world to make more disciples of Christ.

An Apostle is one that witnessed Christ an walked with Him as they were hand picked by Christ and taught by Him as the twelve were actual witnesses of Christ in whom He personally taught them. After Christ ascended up to heaven then they began their journeys writing letters to the churches they established wherever they traveled. Hence the true doctrines of Christ. They were disciples that followed Christ, but after they were personally hand picked of Christ it was He that called them Apostles and sent them out to make more disciples, not Apostles.

1Cor 12:28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

First Apostles, being the twelve, or actually 13 including Paul.
Paul don’t qualify sorry!
How do you know the qualifications in acts one does not apply to any but Mathias?

Apostles have the same power & authority as Christ

He made apostles so can they and do until christ returns

Today there about 4000 bishops the successors of the apostles administering the new covenant church till Christ returns in glory

Hey All,
Jesus chose 12 by name.
They are the 12 we know.
One was "a traitor," and killed himself after the betrayal.

Luke 6:16
And Judas the brother of James, and Judas Iscariot, which also was the traitor.

Paul was hand-selected by Jesus.
See Acts 9.

There are the 12 names, of the 12 apostles, written upon the 12 foundations of of the wall of the new Jerusalem.

Revelation 21:14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

There are 12.

Bishops are disciples, not apostles.
The Pope is a disciple elected by other disciples.
Being elected by disciples does not make the Pope greater than those who elected him.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Christ declared the apostles have the same power and authority that he has! Jn 20:21-23

Thks

Paul don’t qualify sorry!
How do you know the qualifications in acts one does not apply to any but Mathias?

Apostles have the same power & authority as Christ

He made apostles so can they and do until christ returns

Today there about 4000 bishops the successors of the apostles administering the new covenant church till Christ returns in glory
Believe as you will as I have nothing more to give other than repeating myself. You have a good evening.

Men don’t have authority to teach?

Really, read acts and read about the Christians scattering because of persecution and telling people of Jesus.
Teaching is tell8ng something 5hey don't know.

You teach when you explain about Catholic doctrine. As you say men don't have the authority to teach, you should stop teaching.

The good ne2s of Jesus is too important for your man made rules.

Really, read acts and read about the Christians scattering because of persecution and telling people of Jesus.
Teaching is tell8ng something 5hey don't know.

You teach when you explain about Catholic doctrine. As you say men don't have the authority to teach, you should stop teaching.

The good ne2s of Jesus is too important for your man made rules.
That was a rhetorical question

Men teach us the way to salvation acts 16:17

They taught the word for 30 plus years before it was written

Thks

Thks
I suspect it was really an attempt to promote rcc teaching rather than biblical teaching. Otherwise why say it.

Christ declared the apostles have the same power and authority that he has! Jn 20:21-23

Thks
Hey All,
I am not arguing with what John wrote.
The apostles certainly had the same authority and power.
They had the power to choose an apostle.
They set up the criteria.
Matthias, Barsabas, met those requirements.

Nobody today meets that criteria.
Nobody today has been with Jesus since John the Baptist.
Nobody today has witnessed the resurrected Jesus.

Let me ask you this.
The apostles had two qualified candidates to replace Judas.
Why did they only choose one?
An extra apostle would not have been a bad thing, right?
Why did they have to reject Barsabas?
Isn't the answer obvious?
There are only twelve.
As far as I am concerned, that is case closed for me.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,

Let me ask you this.
There are only twelve.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,

Let me ask you this.
There are only twelve.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Dan 2:44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesar’s) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Daniel 6:26
I make a decree, That in every dominion of my kingdom men tremble and fear before the God of Daniel: for he is the living God, and stedfast for ever, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be even unto the end.

Daniel 7:14
And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.

Daniel 7:18
But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.

Lk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Jude 1:3 the faith once handed to the saints

The apostles and their successors have a threefold office!

Teach
Govern and
Sanctify by the administration of the sacraments of grace

That must control christ returns
Matt 28:19 acts 1:8 requires it

What authority does Christ have?
What power does Christ have?
What mission / ministry does Christ have?

Peter, the apostles and their successors have the same authority, power, and mission!

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, even so send I you!

John 17:18
As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

The apostles are Christ’s successors!

They have authority to send others as well until Christ returns in glory!

apostle means one who is sent!

Therefore the apostles have authority to send more apostles or successors!

Apostolic succession!

The nations still need to be taught, disciples still need to be baptized and the church the new covenant kingdom of christ still needs to be governed!

Hebrews 3:1
Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;

Christ is an apostle, and has authority to send other apostles, the apostles also have this authority, so the apostles continue down thru the centuries as Christ promised! Matt 28:19-20

Keys of jurisdictional authority! Open and shut And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19 Isa 22:21-22

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments for the forgiveness of sin.

The apostles teaching is Christ’s teaching, Christ and His church are one! Acts 9:4 eph 5:32 Jn 15:5 eph 5:24

With Jn 20:21 the apostles have the SAME power and authority as Christ!

He makes and sends apostles then each apostles has this same authority to perpetuate the office of apostles as the bishops till Christ returns

Thanks

The successors of Moses!
Successors are Explicitly included:

The successors of Moses have kingdom authority. ( bind and loose & keys)

Christ commanded them to be obeyed. (I know they were not impeccable but it does not diminish their office or authority)

Matt 23:1
Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,

2 Saying The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:

3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.

Matt 23:4
power to bind and loose
Matt 23:13
power of the keys of the kingdom

Taken from them!

***Matt 21:43
Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

Given to Peter and the apostles!
Same kingdom power and jurisdiction authority!

Lk 22:29
And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

Matt 16:18-19
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 18:18
Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Succession is included and provided
Acts1:15-26 Mathias successor of Judas
Timothy successor of Paul

The church is the mustard seed of the gospel growing and spreading all time and all places!

Jesus Christ extends his mission, power, and authority to His church of His apostles! The apostles have the same mission, ministry, power, and authority as Christ! Jn 20:21 as the father sent me, so I send you!

Even His judging!
Matt 19:28 and 1 cor 6:2
His teaching authority!
Matt 28:19 and Jn 20:21
His power to forgive sins!
Jn 20:23
Jn 17:22 / rom 2:10 / 1 pet 1:7 Christ shares His glory with His saints!
His being the light of the world!
Matt 5:14
Must hear church Matt 18:18
His ministry of reconciliation!
2 cor 5:18
His authority in governing the church and administering the kingdom!
Matt 16:18-19 & 18:18 Jn 21:17
Lk 22:29
Apart from me you can do nothing. Jn 15:5
Acts 2:42 doctrine of the apostles!
So the church is subject to Christ!
Eph 5:24
Christ shares His glory! 2 thes 1:10 rev 12:1

The pillar and foundation of TRUTH!
1 Tim 3:15

The TWO EDGE SWORD!
To proclaim the truth! Matt 28:19
To condemn error! 1 cor 16:22

Jesus Christ founded the new covenant church for the salvation of all men! (Jn 1:16-17) Christ is the truth! (Jn 14:6) Christ and his church are one!
(Acts 9;4 Jn 15:1 eph 5:32)
The church is the pillar of truth
(1 Tim 3:15) that must teach all men (Matt 28:19) without error guided by the Holy Spirit
(Jn 16:13) Thru the grace of God in the sanctification of souls applied in the seven sacraments!

I suspect it was really an attempt to promote rcc teaching rather than biblical teaching. Otherwise why say it.
Hey All,

Let me ask you this.
There are only twelve.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Then Paul is an imposter?
That’s a question

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back