Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Is Baptism necessary for Salvation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your loss.

Why do a symbolism when you can do the real thing ?

Those who are not baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins don't have a life with God.
They still carry their past sins with them.

If one, or more, of the Lord's disciples commands something, only a non-disciple would fight against it.

Yes, on one occasion, to show that God also accepted the repentance of Gentiles.

Their salvation still depended on enduring faithfully until the end

Where is your faith in the effects of baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins ?

God is using water for the remission of past sins, and the circumcision done without hands, and the destruction of the old man.

Use your faith to permanently turn from sin and get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins.
Opinions

Show me from the bible, where God destroyed an innocent man.
It is not up to you or me to judge who's guilty and who's innocent. One thing for certain is that God judges on an individual basis, He doesn't paint all with the same broad brush.
You are correct...all who have offended God have sinned.
Jesus didn't sin.
Enoch didn't sin, and neither did Elijah.
I'll bet that John the Baptist didn't sin either.
And no baby has ever committed any sin.
All means all who descended from Adam, no exception. You're making stuffs up.
I don't know how haters think.
Answer the question.
That is not scriptural.
It is written..."The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him." (Ezek 18:20)
It is also written:

For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments. (Ex. 20:5-6)
Baptism in the name of the Lord Jesus for the remission of sins is not necessary for a non-sinner.
All are sinners who have fallen short of grace.
I'll say it !
You're teaching a false doctrine.
Because sinning wrecks the connection we once had with God before we sinned.
Then no one is born with a divine nature except Jesus.
Aren't you glad the a real repentance from sin makes us non-sinners ? (2 Cor 7:10)
Aren't you glad that the destruction of the old man is followed by our being raised with Christ to walk in newness of life ? (Rom 6:4,6)
Aren't you glad that our rebirth from God's seed prevents the bearing of devilish fruit ? (1 John 3:9)
I am.
I'll be glad if you repent by discarding your heresies. You're never sinless as long as you hold onto your sin of pride.

No.

If they had faith, they would turn from sin and get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their past sins.
Who is it that has real faith, but doesn't believe all of what the bible says?
I think Jesus is received through Faith not water baptism. Which you have added to the following text.
Saved by grave through faith.
Whosoever calls on the Lord will be saved. Confess with one's mouth and believe in their heart.
Apparently, you don't believe everything the bible says. I believe those who believe and are baptized will be saved but that's not the OP question. The question implies that's the only way one can receive Jesus and I disagree.

It's those who do not believe that are condemned as their guilt remains.

@Rock
People are said to be entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts, and in any category, but perhaps more so in the enigmatic world of translations it’s probably a bad idea to confuse opinion with reality.

It is not up to you or me to judge who's guilty and who's innocent. One thing for certain is that God judges on an individual basis, He doesn't paint all with the same broad brush.

Answer the question.

It is also written:

For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments. (Ex. 20:5-6)

I'll be glad if you repent by discarding your heresies. You're never sinless as long as you hold onto your sin of pride.
Proverbs 8:13 “To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behaviour and perverse speech.” Proverbs 11:2 “When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.” Proverbs 16:5 “The LORD detests all the proud of heart.

It takes both repentance and Baptism in water for remission of sins. You are welcome to keep your sins and die in them if you choose. Not me.
Acts 2:38: "And Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."

According to what standard operating procedure? What is "proper" according to the bible? How do you know whether the intention is pure? What words are "proper"? And how do you even know the water is pure without any contanmination? You see, when I delve into these details, defenders and promoters of baptismal salvation have no answer, all they can do is hiding behind Rom. 6:3 and Acts. 2:38, spewing out empty platitudes without knowing what they're talking about.
Intention is the grace of justification the initiation into tje new covenant of grace.
Form is words prescribed by Christ matt 28:19 I baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
Matter is pure water: Jn 3:5 water and the spirit
Thks

It is not up to you or me to judge who's guilty and who's innocent.
You are no a spiritual man ?
Paul says the spiritual man judges everything. (1 Cor 2:15)
One thing for certain is that God judges on an individual basis, He doesn't paint all with the same broad brush.
I disagree.
His judgement is precise, and He is not a respector of persons.
You seem awfully unaware of what the scriptures say about those I cited.
Jesus descended from Adam, and He never committed a sin.
Answer the question.
I did answer.
It is also written:
The Ezekiel scrip' superceded your Exodus notation.
Babies are not sinners.
Jesus wasn't a sinner.
I disagree.
Everyone reborn of God's seed has a divine nature. (2 Peter 1:4)
You will be glad when I return to sin ?
I think we are finished here.

True but the seed from which Jesus was born was from the Holy Ghost. Therefore He was sinless from birth and through His existence on earth and incapable of sinning.

I think Jesus is received through Faith not water baptism.
I agree with that, if by "receive" you mean accept as true.
Which you have added to the following text.
Saved by grave through faith.
Whosoever calls on the Lord will be saved. Confess with one's mouth and believe in their heart.
Apparently, you don't believe everything the bible says.
I beleive that, but the calling on the name of the Lord is done at baptism "in His name".
I believe those who believe and are baptized will be saved but that's not the OP question. The question implies that's the only way one can receive Jesus and I disagree.
You will need to define what you mean by "receive".
I was baptized into Christ. (Rom 6:3)
I have put on Christ, by that same baptism in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of past sins. (Gal 3:27)
It's those who do not believe that are condemned as their guilt remains.
Their sin will remain until they are baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of said sins. (Acts 2:38, 22:16)
Why would a believer refuse to obey the Lord's admonishment regarding baptism ?
Mark 16:16..."He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;..."

True but the seed from which Jesus was born was from the Holy Ghost. Therefore He was sinless from birth and through His existence on earth and incapable of sinning.
I don't think He was incapable of sinning, but was just equipt to refuse to commit sin.
Do you think that after "we" are reborn of God's seed we will also be unable to sin ?
1 John 3:9 says that is true.
"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

I don't think He was incapable of sinning, but was just equipt to refuse to commit sin.
Do you think that after "we" are reborn of God's seed we will also be unable to sin ?
1 John 3:9 says that is true.
"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."
Jesus was born of a Sinless Divine seed. Not trying to make an argument out of this just trying to state what I believe in my heart to be true.

We maybe reborn of God and desire not to sin but it doesn't erase the fact that we were born of a human father. (world of Sin)

The verb "to sin" (GK hamartano) is a present active infinitive, implying continued or persistent action. Which means we no longer habitually sin as a lifestyle, or lost in sin.

It's important to note that this passage doesn't imply absolute perfection. While believers may strive to live a sinless life, they may still struggle with temptation and fall short at times. The key is that the divine nature within them provides the strength and direction to overcome sin and continue on the path of righteousness.

Intention is the grace of justification the initiation into tje new covenant of grace.
Form is words prescribed by Christ matt 28:19 I baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
Matter is pure water: Jn 3:5 water and the spirit
Thks
Then why were the Samaritans not initiated into that covenant when they were baptized in Jesus's name? This one needle prick busts the whole balloon of your baptismal salvation doctrine.

Now when the apostles who were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent Peter and John to them, who, when they had come down, prayed for them that they might receive the Holy Spirit. For as yet He had fallen upon none of them. They had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. Then they laid hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit. (Acts 8:14-17)

You are no a spiritual man ?
Paul says the spiritual man judges everything. (1 Cor 2:15)
Jesus taught not to judge: "Judge not, that you may not be judged." (Matt. 7:1)
I disagree.
His judgement is precise, and He is not a respector of persons.
Of course not, He judges based on each one's track record, not creed, ethnicity, gender or class:

But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, who “will render to each one according to his deeds”: eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, (Rom. 2:5-8)
Jesus is not half man half God, he's FULLY man and FULLY God, He was born of the Holy Spirit. He is manifested as the second person of the trinity, the second Adam, not the first. As long as he was sinless, he couldn't be descended from the first Adam, for through the first Adam sin entered the world.

“Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit." (Matt. 1:20)
I did answer.
Neither do I know how your prideful, tendentuous and incorrigible mind thinks.
The Ezekiel scrip' superceded your Exodus notation.
The bible doesn't contradict itself. You could've just admitted that your pride supercedes God's truth.
Babies are not sinners.
Jesus wasn't a sinner.
No other baby was born of the Holy Spirit like Jesus.
I disagree.

Everyone reborn of God's seed has a divine nature. (2 Peter 1:4)
Yes, but a newborn baby is BORN, not reborn.
You will be glad when I return to sin ?
I think we are finished here.
How can you "return" when you've never left your sin of pride in the first place?

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus was born of a Sinless Divine seed. Not trying to make an argument out of this just trying to state what I believe in my heart to be true.
I believe the same thing, but He was tempted by the devil more than once.
We maybe reborn of God and desire not to sin but it doesn't erase the fact that we were born of a human father. (world of Sin)
If we have been REborn, it wasn't from a human father or mother.
The verb "to sin" (GK hamartano) is a present active infinitive, implying continued or persistent action. Which means we no longer habitually sin as a lifestyle, or lost in sin.
If one has ceases from sin, the habit is over.
It's important to note that this passage doesn't imply absolute perfection.
Yes it does, regarding behavior.
Just as apple seeds cannot ever bring forth the fruit of a watermelon, neither can God's seed ever bring forth liars. thieves, or adulterers.
While believers may strive to live a sinless life, they may still struggle with temptation and fall short at times.
Those born of God are equipt to resist every temptation.
Here is some good news for you..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Cor 10:13)
The key is that the divine nature within them provides the strength and direction to overcome sin and continue on the path of righteousness.
Amen to that !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back