Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Is It Anything About The Sabbath That We Must Know?

Mark 15:24-25 Jesus is crucified at the third hour/9 AM from the below-linked calendar,

Walter
Mark 15:26-41

Mark 15:24-25 Jesus is crucified at the third hour/9 AM from the below-linked calendar,

Walter
Wow.........thank you so much. Got it saved.

We are muddling through it all. Last doc appointment today until Oct. Will be a nice break from running most everyday. Steve will not be released back to work until he sees Neurology in Oct if he can ever work again we do not know yet. Working on his long term disability through his job and so many hold ups. It's hard, but God always has a way of taking us to the edge and then grabs us before we fall off. Just keep praying for us as it will all work out eventually.

Praying all is well with you :)
Thank you as well, I have missed placing your name, next time I will put it in our folder if you give it to me again, ok?

Walter

I didn't want to give a reply to every section of your reply, but I will be touching on many things which we all agree on and understand.
To set a base...
Passover always falls on the 14th of Nissan and is eaten on the 15th of Nissan.

Exodus 12:6-8 And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in the evening. And they shall take of the blood, and strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses, wherein they shall eat it. And they shall eat the flesh in that night, roast with fire, and unleavened bread; and with bitter herbs they shall eat it.

The 'evening' (also translated as twilight) is still the 14th. the 'night' is the 15th.
Leviticus 23:5 demarks the 14th and the slaughtering of the lamb at twighlight and Leviticus 23:6 demarks the 15th where the festival of unleavened bread starts.

In this article, you will also note how they call the 14th a 'Long Day'. In essence, as far as passover, 'that night' also belongs to the 14th
Leviticus 7:15 is also associated with the Passover commandments.

Exodus 12:8-10 And they shall eat the flesh in that night, roast with fire, and unleavened bread; and with bitter herbs they shall eat it. Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof. And ye shall let nothing of it remain until the morning; and that which remaineth of it until the morning ye shall burn with fire.

Leviticus 7:15 And the flesh of the sacrifice of his peace offerings for thanksgiving shall be eaten the same day that it is offered; he shall not leave any of it until the morning.

It is these two verses that primarily make up for the 'one long day' which means the night of the 15th is also the second night for the 14th because the second night of the 14th belongs to the day the lamb was slaughtered (Leviticus 7:15 - Exodus 12:8-10).

Now, concerning Passover days, they can fall on any given day of the week depending on the lunar cycle. here are the days for upcoming Passovers. We see that in 2023, 14 Nissan falls on a Wednesday.

Here is another lunar calendar that shows Nissan 14 from AD 22 - AD 36 and as the calendar shows, Passover falls on different days of the week each year. The two viable years for the crucifixion are AD 30 which fell on a Wednesday and AD 33 which fell on a Friday.
In addition, between AD 22 and AD36 Passover did not fall on a Thursday which pretty much eliminates Thursday as the day of Jesus Crucifixion.

How does the Sabbath play into all of this?
Let's say you opted for a Wednesday, 14 Nissan Crucifixion. The 15th would start the feast of unleavened bread which means Thursday would be a special sabbath (Leviticus 23:7)
Thanks. I didn't take in consideration the Wed morning and evening.

Hi WalterandDebbie

I'm rather of a mind that Jesus told us the truth about the Sabbath. It was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. God knows that the physical bodies that our souls inhabit needs rest. Working 7 days a week, which would ultimately lead to working forever, is not good for our bodies, minds or souls. The Sabbath was made for man to rest from his work just as it was used by God to rest from His work.

God bless,
Ted
Hello miamited, and how are you all? amen! His plan work out for all.

Love, Walter

Hello you all, how are things working out? they are working out just fine for us just in prayer for you all.

Love, Walter and Debbie
Steve has some minor issues with his head trauma we will address in Oct when we see Neurology. Just trying to get his stability in standing for ten hours built up before he can return back to work. Slow process, but he will get there.

Monday 8-15-22 2nd. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Av 16 5782 56th. Summer Day

• The Sabbath is a memorial of creation. Every time we rest upon the seventh day, as God did at creation, we commemorate that grand event. (Exodus Twenty:11) It is also a sign between God and us that He sets us apart as His special people.
1 And God spake all these words, saying,

2 I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

7 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
www.bibleinfo.com/en/questions/facts-about-the-sabbath
34 facts about the Sabbath | Bibleinfo.com

Love, Walter
I thought the Sabbath rest was in Christ.
I thought there is no day or night outside of time so in Christ everyday is our sabbath....

I thought the Sabbath rest was in Christ.
I thought there is no day or night outside of time so in Christ everyday is our sabbath....
Hello Runmyramble, Have you been following this thread? you can see that this discussion is not based on what you are saying, but if you have the scriptural background on the OP please let it be known.

Hello miamited, and how are you all? amen! His plan work out for all.

Love, Walter
Hi WalterandDebbie

I'm fine, thanks for asking. I hope that you and yours are also. I know that God is wiser than I could ever hope to imagine to be, but this issue of Sabbath observance has caused much discussion among the children of God. Because I believe that God instituted the Sabbath, not so much for His benefit, but for ours, I still believe that God wants us to practice keeping a Sabbath day of rest because it is good for our bodies and souls. Too many people get enamored by money, and certainly in these uncertain times today it just seems like we have to work harder and longer to just keep our heads above water, but even in that, I believe that for the child of God, he/she will be greater blessed in financial resources by keeping the Sabbath.

Sadly, many nations today have fostered a culture of 'go out and get all that you can'! Work harder so that you can have more stuff. And, with all of the advertising dollars spent promoting all of the little 'gotta have' gadgets, many people fall into that trap of losing sight of what's really important in life...loving God...and instead rely on getting more stuff to fill their needy hearts.

Just my opinion on that, but that's why I believe God instituted the Sabbath. So we could rest our bodies and souls, but so that we could also see and understand that working longer and harder just to get more stuff isn't really that important. I see people today with perfectly good automobiles that just have to have the latest model and go and keep themselves in debt for thousands and thousands of dollars just to have a 'better, newer' car. The average car payment today is now over $700. Full Insurance costs for those expensive new cars are another $1,500-2,000/year. That's nearly a $1,000. just to ride around in the latest and greatest car, per month!! Why!!? How much more time could you spend with your family if you drove a 7 year old car for practically nothing and didn't have to work so long and hard to make a big car payment?

I just think that man, in general, makes too big an issue trying to work and work and work just to be able to crow about all the stuff we have. Anyway, that's enough of my venting and I hope are enjoying a blessed day with our Lord.

God bless,
Ted

Hi WalterandDebbie

I'm fine, thanks for asking. I hope that you and yours are also. I know that God is wiser than I could ever hope to imagine to be, but this issue of Sabbath observance has caused much discussion among the children of God. Because I believe that God instituted the Sabbath, not so much for His benefit, but for ours, I still believe that God wants us to practice keeping a Sabbath day of rest because it is good for our bodies and souls. Too many people get enamored by money, and certainly in these uncertain times today it just seems like we have to work harder and longer to just keep our heads above water, but even in that, I believe that for the child of God, he/she will be greater blessed in financial resources by keeping the Sabbath.

Sadly, many nations today have fostered a culture of 'go out and get all that you can'! Work harder so that you can have more stuff. And, with all of the advertising dollars spent promoting all of the little 'gotta have' gadgets, many people fall into that trap of losing sight of what's really important in life...loving God...and instead rely on getting more stuff to fill their needy hearts.

Just my opinion on that, but that's why I believe God instituted the Sabbath. So we could rest our bodies and souls, but so that we could also see and understand that working longer and harder just to get more stuff isn't really that important. I see people today with perfectly good automobiles that just have to have the latest model and go and keep themselves in debt for thousands and thousands of dollars just to have a 'better, newer' car. The average car payment today is now over $700. Full Insurance costs for those expensive new cars are another $1,500-2,000/year. That's nearly a $1,000. just to ride around in the latest and greatest car, per month!! Why!!? How much more time could you spend with your family if you drove a 7 year old car for practically nothing and didn't have to work so long and hard to make a big car payment?

I just think that man, in general, makes too big an issue trying to work and work and work just to be able to crow about all the stuff we have. Anyway, that's enough of my venting and I hope are enjoying a blessed day with our Lord.

God bless,
Ted
Hi miamited, I believe it is a time for everything especially when it comes to the Sabbath of getting rest like it is mentioned in the scriptures. And that you are right about the points you are making.

There are so many divisions in the world today that the unjust knoweth no shame, I did not think years ago that it matters about keeping the Sabbath day holy made any difference to the Lord, but it does in getting our salvation in the right order with Him.

As far as me and my wife, I do appreciate all of what He has done for us throughout the years of darkness.

May The Lord keep watch over you all,

Love, Walter

Hello Runmyramble, Have you been following this thread? you can see that this discussion is not based on what you are saying, but if you have the scriptural background on the OP please let it be known.
What is an OP..No, not following just read the title and responded...I know when I'm not wanted and I bow down to your authority and control...and will gladly leave...peace and blessings✌❤✌❤

What is an OP..No, not following just read the title and responded...I know when I'm not wanted and I bow down to your authority and control...and will gladly leave...peace and blessings✌❤✌❤
Hi Runmyramble, I did not mean that you weren't wanted here, and I don't have the authority or control over this thread, but I was only letting you know what we were discussing, and the OP/original post/title

So your participation is welcome as you were saying, perhaps I said something wrong to you? I'm sorry.

Love, Walter

Last edited:
Monday 8-15-22 2nd. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Av 16 5782 56th. Summer Day

• The Sabbath is a memorial of creation. Every time we rest upon the seventh day, as God did at creation, we commemorate that grand event. (Exodus Twenty:11) It is also a sign between God and us that He sets us apart as His special people.
1 And God spake all these words, saying,

2 I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

7 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:

10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:

11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
www.bibleinfo.com/en/questions/facts-about-the-sabbath
34 facts about the Sabbath | Bibleinfo.com

Love, Walter
We are in the seventh day now, and God is resting from that, while He prepares a place for us in glory. The Bible tells us so. The days of our lunar calendar here on earth, (we are only one planet) are not to be confused with the days (Hebrew yome) of creation.

Last edited:
Hello Runmyramble, from what scriptures are your thoughts?

Love, Walter
Jesus is "Lord of the Sabbath" Matthew 12:8 and we can find our rest in His finished work.

Jesus has done it all. He has secured the salvation of all those who believe in Him, and follow Him, all the days of our life putting an end to the work-based religion's whereby we can rest in His everlasting love, secure in Him.
May God bless.

Back