Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is it dangerous to teach non-OSAS?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Yeah, well I prefer to be a little more truthful before my Maker.

THIS is what we all factually carry before God in this present life IF we come before Him TRUTHFULLY:

Hebrews 10:22
Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
Amen!

All this discusssion about OSAS and No-OSAS indicates a focus on the sinner rather than the Savior. .
This is what I have been trying to say but no one is picking up on it. I agree, the focus should be our Savior, it's not about us, it's about Him.

Again - this discussion is silly, no one is going to change their mind about it - everyone is settled in their camp. I was told by a pastor one time that it is UNWISE to divide over this topic - or most topics - division is what satan wants.

I've seen how OSAS helps comfort complacent believers who are no different from the rest of the world in terms of outlook and lifestyle. I don't buy it..."work out your salvation with fear and trembling."
These people have not been taught correctly, for me, if I was starting to sin more and was doubting in my faith, I would get really depressed and fear that I was never saved.

This of course was back when I believed in OSAS.

Why is no one "solidly" saved right now"What do you mean by "solidly"?.
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Acts 2:47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.

2 Corinthians But to those who are being saved, we are a life-giving
perfume.

If you consider trusting in Christ as something you do, then, 'yes', it is something you do.

Will not "allowing God to reign in our lives" be seen in what you do?

This seems to be what OSAS doesn't understand. Faith in Christ is evidenced by what it does. But OSAS seems to ignore this truth.

OSAS is a doctrine that has resulted from the church's 'do nothing' grace thinking. The fear being that if you have to 'do' anything to be saved, including continuing in your faith, you are guilty of trying to earn your own salvation. How ridiculous.
For a person who doesn't believe in OSAS, how did you ever become a spokesperson for what they believe?

Not everyone is saved.Only those who have asked for forgiveness of their sins and have asked Jesus Christ into their lives.For those who have not they will go to hell for an eternity.
Except for these pesky verses, salvation is a process - hence, the being - an ongoing act.

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Acts 2:47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to their number day by day those who were being saved.

perfume.

Except for these pesky verses, salvation is a process - hence, the being - an ongoing act.

perfume.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

The verse has nothing to do with the verses I gave you........

I mean seriously, the Unitarians use this verse to tell me everyone is saved......

It seems like this entire debate is over fruit that has been plucked from the tree of knowledge, and lacks the sustenance that comes from the tree of life. This topic has been debated over and over again, even with many simultaneous threads that all fail to establish what it means to actually be saved.

One of my friends has invited me out to dinner and a movie tonight, therefor I have been "saved" from having to cook dinner for myself tonight. So what does it actually mean to be saved? Or what is it we are saved from? Does being saved mean we are saved from the curse of the law, or are we saved from the penalty of death as the result of sin? What does it mean to be saved?

Not everyone is saved.Only those who have asked for forgiveness of their sins and have asked Jesus Christ into their lives.For those who have not they will go to hell for an eternity.

Reading through this, and some of your post about being perfect on scripture, there is zero scripture telling us we have to ask forgiveness of our sins to be saved (Abide in eternal life) There was one thing mentioned 3 times, what was it. Those that think they are spot on, are normally not, and full of pride.

Not picking on you, just I can go through and pick apart lots of post here.

This is what I have been trying to say but no one is picking up on it. I agree, the focus should be our Savior, it's not about us, it's about Him.

Again - this discussion is silly, no one is going to change their mind about it - everyone is settled in their camp. I was told by a pastor one time that it is UNWISE to divide over this topic - or most topics - division is what satan wants.

It is extremly silly and for the unlearned. God has never held hostages, and man has never just lost their salvation because of a bad day. Just like the younger son, if I want to walk away from tounges, healing, the power of things to come, the help, my advocate, then I can do so with full knowledge of what I am walking away from. Not going to happen though. Heb 6 and 10.

It is extremly silly and for the unlearned. God has never held hostages, and man has never just lost their salvation because of a bad day. Just like the younger son, if I want to walk away from tounges, healing, the power of things to come, the help, my advocate, then I can do so with full knowledge of what I am walking away from. Not going to happen though. Heb 6 and 10.
Yet I can give you scripture where Jesus tells to be careful so we are not cut off (John 15), like the Israelites.

No one has said people have lost their salvation because of one bad day, it's not at all what is being discussed.

It's not like a person is saved and then they don't have free will anymore. If you were able to freely chose Christ, a person is free to walk away. We still have free choice in the matter and those who chose to walk away, made their choice. It is not God's doing, it would be ours.

You see, this is why discussing this topic is futile. There are verses that tell us we can be cut off, there will be apostates, and then someone else will come along and give verses that could be placed in the opposite camp.

All this discussing does is it puts people into different camps - division - and it helps form cliques and segregates those who do not believe the same.

Yet I can give you scripture where Jesus tells to be careful so we are not cut off (John 15), like the Israelites.

No one has said people have lost their salvation because of one bad day, it's not at all what is being discussed.

It's not like a person is saved and then they don't have free will anymore. If you were able to freely chose Christ, a person is free to walk away. We still have free choice in the matter and those who chose to walk away, made their choice. It is not God's doing, it would be ours.

You see, this is why discussing this topic is futile. There are verses that tell us we can be cut off, there will be apostates, and then someone else will come along and give verses that could be placed in the opposite camp.

All this discussing does is it puts people into different camps - division - and it helps form cliques and segregates those who do not believe the same.

Well, that is the issue, you can give scriptures. Same here, if you dig deep and break things down. Drunks will not inherit the Kingdom of God. In the Greek, the Kingdom is not a place, but a position or operation of the will of God.

Jesus said I will blot you name out of the book of life. Not His personal book, but just the one that was recorded when you were born... .cough... coughhh...

It's back and forth to attempt to prove one or the other, but anything that causes division is not God. Agreed.

Blessings and thanks for the wisdom.

Well, that is the issue, you can give scriptures. Same here, if you dig deep and break things down. Drunks will not inherit the Kingdom of God. In the Greek, the Kingdom is not a place, but a position or operation of the will of God.

Jesus said I will blot you name out of the book of life. Not His personal book, but just the one that was recorded when you were born... .cough... coughhh...

It's back and forth to attempt to prove one or the other, but anything that causes division is not God. Agreed.

Blessings and thanks for the wisdom.
What do you mean about not his personal book versus the one when I was born? I see a descriptive word "lamb" being used for the same book? How do you know it's 2 different books?

What do you mean about not his personal book versus the one when I was born? I see a descriptive word "lamb" being used for the same book? How do you know it's 2 different books?

Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

It's not two different books. Jesus said I have come that they may have life. John 10:10.

Joh_5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

Joh_20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

You have to use make believe and come up with this second so called book of life (not the "Lambs" book of life) to believe in OSAS, or else Jesus is lying here in Rev 3:5. So, you just make stuff up to fit a doctrine.

Notice I said, Cough... cough when I posted that?

Life abiding in you is your name written in the lambs book of life, there are not two books because you only get life through Jesus. That would be the only book Jesus was speaking about in Rev 3:5.

OSAS camp needs to make things up to change the context of that scripture, else their doctrine is myth busted.

Same book Danial is speaking about here.

And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
(Dan 12:1)

Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back