Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Is Jesus really God ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
and I saw the glory of the God of Israel coming from the east. His voice was like the roar of rushing waters, and the land was radiant with his glory. -Ezekiel 43:2

Who comes from the East? Who's voice is like the sound of many waters? God?

And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. -Revelation 1:15

The son of man?

Yes, they are one and the same.

Nice scriptures.. This proves that He is both God and Man, a Mystery to be adored throughout eternity..

Jesus Christ is seen and addressed as God right here rev 11:

16And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,

17Saying, We give thee thanks, O LORD God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

18And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Whose is it that it is written earlier, that whose wrath men shall flee ?

rev 6:

16And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

The Lamb, and so rev 11:

18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, who has been addressed as , O LORD God Almighty in vs 17

So, then the Lamb is being called " O LORD God Almighty"

rev 11:16-18 proving Jesus is the Almighty God cont:

16And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God,

17Saying, We give thee thanks, O LORD God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.

18And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

This is of course the Great White Throne Judgment, when the Lord Jesus Christ, the God Man shall Judge the World in righteousness. per acts 17:

31Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

ps 98:9

Before the LORD; for he cometh to judge the earth: with righteousness shall he judge the world, and the people with equity.

The same as Jude 1:

14And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

15To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

But notice to in rev 11 18 that He shall give rewards to His Servants. ! Now who can this be but the Lord Jesus Christ ? For did He not say rev 22:12

And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Remember in rev 11 17 this is LORD God Almighty ! This is a very plain scripture that shows Jesus as the LORD God Almighty coming to Judge ! All Judgment is committed to the Son Jn 5:22

For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

Hence, the Son must Be God..​

savedbygrace said:
And, behold,I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Hey wait, shouldnt it be "to give every man according to whether or not he believed that I died for his sins?? What is the word "works" supposed to mean here.

savedbygrace said:
For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

Hence, the Son must Be God.. [/INDENT]

huh? I thought the Father judged a lot of people in the Old Testament....
Besides Jesus said that the Father is greater than him and that only the Father knows the hour...

skorpion:

huh? I thought the Father judged a lot of people in the Old Testament....

I thought ? lol Yeah, you thought..Get ready to stand before thy God in Jesus Christ and explain to Him what you thought.

1 Corinthians 8:6 "There is for us only one God, the Father."

John 14:28: "the Father is greater than I"

John 5:19-20: *"Therefore, in answer, Jesus went on to say to them: “Most truly I say to YOU, The Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he beholds the Father doing. For whatever things that One does, these things the Son also does in like manner." (for similar verses, see Matthew 26:39, Luke 22:42, John 8:42, John 14:24, etc.)

Also see 1 Timothy 1:2, 2 Timothy 1:2, Titus 1:4 for verses showing that the Father is "God" (Ton theon, El shiddai) individual from the Son, who is "lord" (theos with no definite article, el gibbor)

Heb 1:

3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high

This scripture Identifies the Son in the same substance as of the Father, He being fully God, fully sharing in His Divinity all the Attributes and Abilities of God. As here designated as the one upholding the universe by the word of His Power as when He spake to the wind ..mk 4:

37And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full.

38And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?

39And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.

40And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?

41And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him?

Answer, God Man..

What other Being but God, can uphold the Universe with the word of His Power ?

There is not One thing The Father can do that the Son in His Deity cannot do. I know many will appeal to this scripture here matt 24:

36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

mk 13:32

But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

But this is speaking of Christ in his humiliation as a man..In this regards, He was made lower than the Angels.. He was in a state of humiliation to die on the cross..

So, other than that one verse, which is totally misunderstood by the opposer's, what can the Father do, that the Son in His Deity cannot do ? If we cannot produce anything other than that one item, which pertained not to His Deity, but His state of humiliation, then we have failed miserably to disprove that for all accounts and purposes that Jesus is not God in the Flesh..​

Made in the Image of God , proves Jesus Christ is God!

Gen 1:

God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Now, how does these scriptures prove that Jesus Christ is God ? That He is Elohim come in the Flesh ?

Well, just simple comparing scripture with scripture gives us the answer.

In being created in the Image and Likeness of God [ Elohim] Adam was made as figure of Him who was to come, namely Jesus Christ.

notice rom 5:

14Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

He was the figure of Him that was to come in the flesh. Now the word figure is the greek word typos which means:

the mark of a stroke or blow, print

2) a figure formed by a blow or impression

a) of a figure or imageb) of the image of the gods

The word is used of gods here acts 7:

43Yea, ye took up the tabernacle of Moloch, and the star of your god Remphan, figures which ye made to worship them: and I will carry you away beyond Babylon.

This is referred to in the book of amos 5:

26 But ye have borne the tabernacle of your Moloch and Chiun your images, the star of your god, which ye made to yourselves.

Now Adam was made in the Image of no false god remphan, but in the Image of Elohim.

Now, scripture confirms, that being made in the image of God, He was a figure [Image] of Him who was to come, Namely Jesus Christ, the Son of God.

That means that He that came in the Flesh in fulfillment of Him that was to come, who Adam was a figure and who Adam was created in the Image and likeness of in Gen 1:26-27, That Means Jesus Christ is Elohim in the Flesh..Yes, Emmanuel, God with us..

Great White Throne Judgment will prove Jesus is God!

Rev 20:11

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

Though there are many who Deny Jesus Christ is God, they will have their proof shortly when they stand before Him and give an account of their lives..

Ecc 12:

13Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

14For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Yes, that God will be the Son of God, Jesus Christ.

For all generations of mankind from the birth of creation to the end of time, He [Jesus Christ] will Judge with perfect recall all their actions, words, and thoughts, which is impossible for any to do but God.

At this time all men will honor Him the Son , in the same manner as the Father.

Jn 5:

22For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

23That all men should honour the Son[/B], even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

To do this without the Son being God of God would be Idolatry..

Plain scripture that teaches Jesus Christ is God !

2 pet 1:

1Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

The latin vulgate reads:

Simon Peter, servant and apostle of Jesus Christ: to them that have obtained equal faith with us in the justice of our God and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Peter is acknowledging Jesus Christ as both God and Saviour..

It can read, with us in the Justice of our Saviour and God Jesus Christ.

Isa 45:

21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

So, If Jesus Christ is not the Saviour God, then there is one [ Saviour] besides the LORD Jehovah..

Christ Deity as God is seen in scripture when we compare scripture with scripture, as eccles states in 12:

7Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

The Spirit of man [at death] returns unto God [elohim] who gave it ! Gen 1:1

Now compare that with stephens words at his death acts 7:

59And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.

60And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Notice, that He specifically calls upon God and says, Lord Jesus receive my Spirit, this points to Jesus as being God, Elohim of ecc 12:7

I believe Jesus is God. God needed to come to earth in human form, so he did so as Jesus Christ.

Make Man in Our Image and Likeness !

Remember when God said these words in Gen 1:

26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

First of all, God said let us [plural] make man in our Image and in our Likeness, for that in itself should convince any True born of God Person, that God is a Plurality Being, by inspiring moses here to use the plural pronoun us.. This cannot refer to Angels, for Angels are not Co Creators, but creatures, and Adam [Man] was not made in the image of Angels, but in the image of God..

Now, lets remember that Adam at His Creation was figure [type] image of Him that was to come, which was Jesus Christ.

But just as important is this fact, Adam was created a Plural Being, in the day that God created him, In Union with His Person was His Wife, and in His Loins were all the families of the earth.

Acts 17:

26And hath made of one blood[Adam] all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

And God called their name Adam, in the day they were created gen 5:

1This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

2Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

This One Form Adam was all the human family compacted into one Bodily form..

Now, If Adam was created a plural Being in the Beginning, and He was created in the Image and Likeness of God, How is not that God is a Plural Being ?

This Truth if understood by the Blessing of God, destroys the false Teaching that God was not a Plural Being, a Trinity..

I believe Jesus is God. God needed to come to earth in human form, so he did so as Jesus Christ.

I dont believe you do, since you believe that many He wants to save will not be saved, thats not the God I serve and worship..

Jesus saves all who believe in him, according to John 3:16.

Thats not what Jn 3 16 says..however, all who believe in Him do so because Jesus died for them, and by His death they are made made righteous..rom 5:19b

so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. To be made righteous is to be made a believer as well..

Thats not what Jn 3 16 says..however, all who believe in Him do so because Jesus died for them, and by His death they are made made righteous..rom 5:19b

so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous. To be made righteous is to be made a believer as well..

Jesus forgives us for our sins. He also commanded us to stop sinning.

The Lord disciplines us when we sin and he does it for our own good.

Jesus forgives us for our sins. He also commanded us to stop sinning.

The Lord disciplines us when we sin and he does it for our own good.

all who believe in Him do so because Jesus died for them, and by His death they are made made righteous..rom 5:19b

all who believe in Him do so because Jesus died for them, and by His death they are made made righteous..rom 5:19b

From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matt 4:17 RSV

You, therefore, must be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect. Matt 5:48 RSV

Titus 2:13

Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

This scripture more than any confirms that Jesus is God and that Paul believes He is as well. For the appearing is of one entity, The Saviour Jesus Christ, in the greek bears that out, for the word appearing is singular, and not plural as to say the appearings of both the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Also, the greek article is used only once to qualify the Great God and Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ..

No, Elijah is correct. :nono2

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back