Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is man not really capable of seeking God?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Yes, you have already stated that. Can you give some scriptural guidance supporting that the bloodline is determined by the sperm of the male?

This is the book of the genealogy of Adam. In the day that God created man, He made him in the likeness of God. He created them male and female, and blessed them and called them Mankind in the day they were created. And Adam lived one hundred and thirty years, and begot a son in his own likeness, after his image, and named him Seth. After he begot Seth, the days of Adam were eight hundred years; and he had sons and daughters. So all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years; and he died.
Seth lived one hundred and five years, and begot Enosh. After he begot Enosh, Seth lived eight hundred and seven years, and had sons and daughters. So all the days of Seth were nine hundred and twelve years; and he died.
Enosh lived ninety years, and begot Cainan. After he begot Cainan, Enosh lived eight hundred and fifteen years, and had sons and daughters. So all the days of Enosh were nine hundred and five years; and he died.
Cainan lived seventy years, and begot Mahalalel. After he begot Mahalalel, Cainan lived eight hundred and forty years, and had sons and daughters. So all the days of Cainan were nine hundred and ten years; and he died.
Mahalalel lived sixty-five years, and begot Jared. After he begot Jared, Mahalalel lived eight hundred and thirty years, and had sons and daughters. So all the days of Mahalalel were eight hundred and ninety-five years; and he died.
Jared lived one hundred and sixty-two years, and begot Enoch. After he begot Enoch, Jared lived eight hundred years, and had sons and daughters. So all the days of Jared were nine hundred and sixty-two years; and he died.
Enoch lived sixty-five years, and begot Methuselah. After he begot Methuselah, Enoch walked with God three hundred years, and had sons and daughters.
So all the days of Enoch were three hundred and sixty-five years. And Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him.
Methuselah lived one hundred and eighty-seven years, and begot Lamech. After he begot Lamech, Methuselah lived seven hundred and eighty-two years, and had sons and daughters. So all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred and sixty-nine years; and he died.
Lamech lived one hundred and eighty-two years, and had a son. And he called his name Noah, saying, “This one will comfort us concerning our work and the toil of our hands, because of the ground which the LORD has cursed.” After he begot Noah, Lamech lived five hundred and ninety-five years, and had sons and daughters. So all the days of Lamech were seven hundred and seventy-seven years; and he died.
And Noah was five hundred years old, and Noah begot Shem, Ham, and Japheth. Genesis 5:1-32

You see any verses in these passages where women “begat” anyone.

Are the Jewish people called the children of Israel, or the children of Leah and Rachel?

JLB

Last edited:
You see any verses in these passages where women “begat” anyone.
Ahhh, ok. I see how your viewing this.
As I stated earlier, the Jews believe that the identity comes from the Father while the essence from the Mother.

God was the Father of Jesus and as such, his Identity is with the Father. However, his essence was in Mary. Jesus was fully human and had very real human blood running through him.

There was no sperm transferred from God to Mary. Yet God begat Jesus.

It is the blood of Christ that atones for our sin. It is the blood of Christ that seals the new covenant.

Put it this way. Jesus says that God is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. God is not the God of the dead, but is the God of the living.

It is the blood of Christ that atones for our sin. It is the blood of Christ that seals the new covenant.

Eve is the Mother of all living. She is not the Mother of the dead. Through the blood of Christ, we are made alive. There is life in the blood and this essence is through the woman, not the man for through Adam, came death. All in Adam die. There is no life in Adam and death comes through Adams seed (sperm). But life has always been in the blood. And Eve remains the mother of the living.

He chose us first, that is why we can have faith:
...22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;... (reading whole chapter of Romans 3)
I suspect God 'gives' us His gift of faith, and it is up to us to pick it up and nurture this. In addition, I'd imply we can also loose that faith
God's free gift of His grace is Christ Jesus before the foundation of the world in whom we must believe in who He has already said in whom He is and that He is our faith that we trust in.

There was no sperm transferred from God to Mary. Yet God begat Jesus.

The only begotten Son of God had nothing to do with Mary.

The Son of God created the heavens and the earth, before Mary was born.

The blood of Christ does not “atone” for our sin, the blood of Jesus removes, takes away, our sin.

Atone is to be associated with the blood of animals, which “covered” the sin f the people but did not take away their sin.

JLB

wondering,

I have grown tired of contemporary Christians using 2 Chron 7:14 to apply to themselves, their church or nation. It was written to apply to the Israelite nation in a certain era.

Certainly there are OT verses that apply to us: Psalms, Proverbs, OT prophecies, & creation.

Oz
2 Chronicles 7:14 does apply to the Israelites, but why can it not be applied to everyone today? Could you imagine if everyone today would turn back to God do you not think that that would be a healing to all the nations as per heal their land?

The only begotten Son of God had nothing to do with Mary.

The Son of God created the heavens and the earth, before Mary was born.
Let’s not shift the discussion. We’re not talking about the creation of the world. We’re discussing the salvation of the world.
Jesus had a human mother. Her name was Mary. The blood of Mary ran through Jesus veins. The entire essence of Jesus humanity was from his Mother, Mary.

We could say that the blood of Jesus was not tainted with the seed of Adam. For all in Adam die, yet all in Christ are made alive.

As a result, I believe scripture affirms that Eve is the Mother of all living. She is not the Mother of the Dead.

Death is in the seed of Adam. Life is in the blood.

can we not only seek something we know? say, He chooses us to be able to believe in Him (say, activate our heart). Then, we are able to seek Him? So, the believer can seek God, after God gave him/ her the 'permission' so to speak? Just a thought.
Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Matthew 7:8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

We do not need permission to seek God as He can be easily found, but the problem is that many refuse to seek as they have no belief that God even exist, even after the word is preached to them.

Let’s not shift the discussion. We’re not talking about the creation of the world. We’re discussing the salvation of the world.

My only point is that The only Begotten Son of God did not take place in Mary’s womb.

As a result, I believe scripture affirms that Eve is the Mother of all living. She is not the Mother of the Dead.

Some of Eve’s offspring are dead, in hell, some are living and with God.

I don’t see how this is relevant to our discussion.

Every human being is born with a sin nature that dwells in their flesh; in their physical body.

If you don’t agree, then so be it.

JLB

Some of Eve’s offspring are dead, in hell, some are living and with God.

I don’t see how this is relevant to our discussion.
I think you don’t see it as relevant possibly because your not understanding what I’m saying.

Scripture says Eve is the Mother of all living. Genesis 3:20
Scripture says that the life is in the blood. Leviticus 17:11

Scripture does not say that death is in the blood. Nor does scripture say that death comes through the blood. Instead, it says the opposite. It says that life is in the blood.

Through Adam, all die.
Eve is the Mother of all living.

Scripture says Eve is the Mother of all living. Genesis 3:20

Here is what Genesis 3:20 says.

And Adam called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all living. Genesis 3:20

Eve was named this by Adam.

Eve is the mother, not Mother, of every human being, because she was the first mother.

Nothing more.

Every human being is born with a sin nature that dwells in their flesh; in their physical body.

Every human needs a Savior because all eventually sin.

JLB

Lilac,

That's not what John 12:32 (ESV) teaches: "And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

So, since Christ's crucifixion and resurrection he draws all people to himself. Obviously not all people respond to his drawing power. They have the power to reject his generous offer.

Oz
Mmh, here is KJV: 32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me...
if I read it like this and how the words in the chapter sound, I can imagine Jesus meaning, the fact that He makes it possible that all men CAN (theoretically) come to Him. I don't think this means, that He actively seeks to draw all men to Him. ?

Eve was named this by Adam.
And God authorized Adam to do so back in chapter 2.

He (God) brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name.
Chapter 3
And Adam called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all living.

Eve is the mother, not Mother, of every human being, because she was the first mother.
Scripture says Eve means means “The mother of all living”. Death came through Adam, not Eve.

Nothing more
There is much more.
That’s not the topic. We are discussing bloodline. You stated that the bloodline is through the seed of the Male and gave the genealogy of Adam.

What I am saying is that death reigns through the seed of Adam.

This is why Adam calls Eve the mother of the living.
This easily agrees with Leviticus 17. Life is in the blood.
This easily agrees with Jesus. Etc.

Every human needs a Savior because all eventually sin.
What sin does a fetus commit prior to being aborted?

For me, "GOTQUESTIONS" answers to doctrinal issues can be pretty dead-on, and have some pretty good insights until they go "OFF THE CLIFF" with some of their theology I just can deal with.
Like many of you, I know what I believe to be true, so I just enjoy the new insights, and "weed out the rest."

And God authorized Adam to do so back in chapter 2.

He (God) brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name.
Chapter 3
And Adam called his wife’s name Eve, because she was the mother of all living.

Adam was the supreme authority. Everyone under Adam, which includes Eve and all mankind were now defiled with sin.

Why?

Because all mankind were still in the loins of Adam.

Adam was the supreme authority. Everyone under Adam, which includes Eve and all mankind were now defiled with sin.

When we look at the garden, it’s a place where harmony reigns. When Adam names the animals, he is rightly describing their place within Gods Kingdom.

Adam sees his wife and calls her Woman. Scripture says that the name woman means “
“This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called‘woman,’
for she was taken out of man.”

God describes all of creation “Very Good”, which includes all the names Adam has given.

Death comes through Adam and what is the first thing he does? He gives Woman a new name. She is no longer bone of his bone, flesh of his flesh. Death reigns through Adam, not Eve.

And woman gets a new name, Eve. Eve means mother of all living. Death reigns through Adam, but life reigns in Eve. No longer are they United as one. No longer do they share the same harmony they once shared.

Again, death reigns through Adam. Yet scripture says life is in the blood. I find it difficult to see how the bloodline reigns through death (Adam).

Here we go again brightfame.
We all know that Adam is the Federal Headship of the human race.
We all know that an effect of Adam's sin is that we have broken our relationship with God and are born spiritually dead.
We all know that we were supposed to be immortal but now must also die physically, besides spiritually.

So what is your point?
Are you now going to keep repeating this over and over again without understanding what
is being posted to you?

Please explain what you're speaking of in your above post.
I made my point. I believe the scripture teaches the federal headship of Adam.

Back