Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Is the holy Spirit the Spirit of Christ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Mysteryman said:
We do not have the Holy Spirit in our hearts, and the Word never tells us that we do. The gift of the Holy Spirit is upon, and allows a christian to operate the nine manifestations of the Spirit. < The "Spirit" being God himself.

Romans 8:9 --

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Notice "if so be that the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now whether or not the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ are the same, I will not address in this post. But how can you say that the Holy Spirit is not in us??? Is the Holy Spirit not the Spirit of God? Clearly this scripture says that the Spirit of God dwells in believers, is that NOT that Holy Spirit?

faithtransforms said:
Mysteryman said:
We do not have the Holy Spirit in our hearts, and the Word never tells us that we do. The gift of the Holy Spirit is upon, and allows a christian to operate the nine manifestations of the Spirit. < The "Spirit" being God himself.

Romans 8:9 --

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Notice "if so be that the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now whether or not the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ are the same, I will not address in this post. But how can you say that the Holy Spirit is not in us??? Is the Holy Spirit not the Spirit of God? Clearly this scripture says that the Spirit of God dwells in believers, is that NOT that Holy Spirit?

HI

The word "of" < means > "from"

The Spirit from God dwells in you, which is the Spirit of Christ

faithtransforms said:
jasoncran said:
god is a spirit for they that believe in must worship him in spirit and in truth. if he as a physical body how can he be omnipresent?

I don't believe God has any kind of physical body, but there is a such thing as a spiritual body. He is not formless. He walked and talked with Adam and Eve in the garden.

And OT prophets had visions of Him, as well as Moses. He is a spirit, but he does have a form.
God is invisible......and Moses who "saw the glory of God pass through", Moses did not actually see God.
Romans 1:20
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse.

Colossians 1:15
Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature.

I Timothy 1:17
Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Hebrews 11:27
By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.

faithtransforms said:
Mysteryman said:

Where did you get that idea? I couldn't find it in Strong's Exhaustive Concordance or Vine's Complete Expository Dictionary.

The word "of" is interchangeable with the words "from" or the word "by"

Lets use this verse as an example - I John 5:3 - "For this is the love "of" God, that we keep his commandments : and his commandments are not grievous"

Same verse with either "from" or "by" in the verse ----- "For this is the love -from/by God, that we keep his commandments, etc." < The commandments are "from" God

The Spirit of God dwells in us = The Spirit "from" God dwells in us <--> The Spirit of Christ in us < Is the Spirit of his Son in our hearts,crying, Abba, Father. The Spirit of Christ is "from" God , and is in us.

Mysteryman said:
faithtransforms said:
Mysteryman said:

Where did you get that idea? I couldn't find it in Strong's Exhaustive Concordance or Vine's Complete Expository Dictionary.

Lets use this verse as an example - I John 5:3 - "For this is the love "of" God, that we keep his commandments : and his commandments are not grievous"

Same verse with either "from" or "by" in the verse ----- "For this is the love -from/by God, that we keep his commandments, etc." < The commandments are "from" God

The Spirit of God dwells in us = The Spirit "from" God dwells in us <--> The Spirit of Christ in us < Is the Spirit of his Son in our hearts,crying, Abba, Father. The Spirit of Christ is "from" God , and is in us.

Nice explanation, but where did you get it from? "And this is the love from God, that we keep His commandments" doesn't make sense, nor would "This is the love by God, that we keep His commandments."

The Spirit of God dwells in us = The Spirit "from" God dwells in us <--> The Spirit of Christ in us < Is the Spirit of his Son in our hearts,crying, Abba, Father. The Spirit of Christ is "from" God , and is in us.[/quote]

Nice explanation, but where did you get it from? "And this is the love from God, that we keep His commandments" doesn't make sense, nor would "This is the love by God, that we keep His commandments."[/quote]

HI

Whenever someone struggles with the truth in their mind. Nothing, even the truth, does not make sense. There are many reason people struggle with the truth. Hearing and believing False teachings, or walking carnally, is another reason.

God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son < God loved, so he gave. He always gives first !

The love of God, is from God.

The Spirit of God dwells in our hearts, because God gave. But what did he give ? He gave us the Spirit of his Son into our hearts. He gave us "Christ in us" .

The Holy Spirit is God himself, which is the totality of God. The Spirit of his Son is a part of the Holy Spirit, but is not "THE" Holy Spirit. The Spirit of his Son, which is Christ in us, is "seed" - Galatians 3:16 - the promise seed.

When Jesus Christ was baptized by John. After he came out from being baptized by John, the Holy Spirit descended upon him. Not in him, but upon him. Christians, when baptized with the gift of the holy spirit and fire. This is upon us. This worketh in us to do his good will and pleasure. But is not in us ! What is "in us" -- is -- Christ in us, the promise seed. The Spirit of his Son, crying, Abba Father.

The Spirit of God, is the Spirit from God, and that Spirit, is the Spirit of his Son.

Forum: This is my concept as 'i' see it.

GOD IS A SPIRIT. Only ONE that we are told [IS] the HOLY GHOST or AND THE HOLY SPIRIT! Again GOD IS a Spirit!! John 4:24

Christ/God & Father/God HAVE AN IMAGE. (if one BELIEVES the WORD OF GOD with the Holy Spirits Inspiration?? Or the Word as penned as the God/Christ?? 2 Peter 1:20-21 & John 1:1-3)

OK: ONLY [[[GOD]] HAS IMMORTALITY! Not any creation on THEIRS! GOD/FATHER GOD/CHRIST GOD/HOLY SPIRIT & OR HOLY GHOST, and these Three have been ETERNALLY 3 Separate individuals. Heb. 13:8

1 John 5:7-8
'For there [ARE THREE] that bear RECORD IN HEAVEN, [THE FATHER], THE [WORD], and the [HOLY GHOST:] and [THESE THREE ARE ONE.] And there are [THREE THAT BEAR RECORD IN EARTH], the [SPIRIT], (if one is Born Again! other/wise His Gen. 6:3's STRIVING is only 'felt' but rejected!) and the water, and the blood: and [THESE THREE AGREE IN ONE].' (UNITY! UNITED FAMILY OF GOD, like we are supposed to be.)

'.. Who is blessed and only Potentate, the King of Kings, and Lord of Lords; [WHO ONLY HAS IMMORTALITY], dwelling in the LIGHT WHICH NO MAN CAN APPROACH unto..'

'Now unto the King [[ETERNAL]] [[IMMORTAL]], [[INVISIBLE, the [[ONLY WISE GOD]]..'

Again: TWO with an IMAGE as previously stated by this GOD/HOLY/SPIRIT INSPIRATION + the WORD/CHRIST GOD, and all in UNITY as ONE with God the Father as now understood.

And still one must remember that CHRIST IS THE CENTERPIECE of this Eternal/plan after Adam fell, and He came to be the second Adam, & EARTH which was lost by the first Adam was to be reclaimed by Christ/man (Perfect/man!) (compare Isa. 42:21)

--Elijah

glorydaz said:
No doubt there is one God.......divinity is a trait only the One God possesses
So a mere human limited to time and space can give birth to a child passing down humanity. But the Eternal Father could not give birth to His Son before time and pass down His divinity equal in Immortality and Self Existence to Himself. Is a human more powerful than God? You trinitarians are really something else trying to limit God with your vain doctrines.
There is human nature and divine nature. How can anyone claim Jesus possesses divinity without saying He is God.
I've never claimed that Jesus wasn't. I worship two Divine beings The God of Thomas"My Lord and my God!"John 20:28. I also worship the God of Christ "my Father and your Father, to my God and your God"John 20:17
"The Bible tells us there is ONE GOD."
The Bible tells us that there is ONE GOD WHO HAS NO GOD, THE FATHER ALONE.
"But to the Son he said, Your throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of your kingdom.You have loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even your God[THE GOD OF YOU], has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellows."Hebrews 1:8,9
In Jesus dwells "all the fulness of the Godhead"...bodily.
That sure is a nice verse but don't stop there. Paul answers why this is so. Why does in Jesus dwell the fullness of the Godhead bodily. Let's look together "For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;"Colosians 1:19 This is what Jesus taught and believed that The Father was in Him doing to works not some third being named the Holy Spirit.
Here we see the "child is born". We see He is called "The mighty God...The everlasting Father."
OT Jews believe God's "Child was born"long before He was ever "given"to the world or else if His Child was not born how could He help His Father with all of creation."Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is his son’s name? Surely you know!"Proverbs 30:4
"The priest, after the order of Melchisedec..."having no beginning of days, nor end of life". Hmmm....now who would that be? "
Hmmm...someone's misinterpreting this bible verse. Jesus said Himself that He did have an end of life" I am he that liveth, and WAS DEAD; and, behold, I am alive for evermore"Revelation 1:18 The Melchisedec in the OT was a human high priest although he was not a levite. And so Jesus couldn't be a High priest while He was on earth. That's what it means no beginning of days no Levite geneaology "This man, however, did not trace his descent from Levi, yet he collected a tenth from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises" Hebrews 7:6
"The humanity is what was "begotten".
" Very popular doctrine but absolutely not Biblical. Apostle John
did God beget a Son before or after He sent Him to the world.Well the answer is before because
"...God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him"1st John 4:9
"The divine nature created the heavens and the earth...from the beginning."
Truly "God created all things by Jesus Christ"Ephesians 3:9K.J.V translated from Texus Receptus Proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that Jesus is not a created being. But does that fact that Jesus is not created mean that He has no beginning? Is God the Father only able to begin life by creating it? Please stop trying to limit God with your trinitarian theology. God gave birth to a Son before time and before creation.
"And, by the way, the Holy Spirit is the same ONE GOD. Same God...not matter who might try to claim otherwise."
Glorydaz you have a human form and a mind in your head. The Father has a Divine Form and a mind in His head. Before Christ was incarnated He had a Divine Form and a mind in His head. A satanic tradition has come around that the Father's mind should be treated like a separate individual. These people claim that the Father talks to His own mind and His mind answers back like He's some crazy person. This belief that the Father's mind is not His mind in His head but is some other individual in some trinity is false worship and satan accepts all false worship but God The Father nor does His Only Born Son accept this false worship.

SonByAdoption said:
glorydaz said:
No doubt there is one God.......divinity is a trait only the One God possesses
So a mere human limited to time and space can give birth to a child passing down humanity. But the Eternal Father could not give birth to His Son before time and pass down His divinity equal in Immortality and Self Existence to Himself. Is a human more powerful than God? You trinitarians are really something else trying to limit God with your vain doctrines.
There is human nature and divine nature. How can anyone claim Jesus possesses divinity without saying He is God.
I've never claimed that Jesus wasn't. I worship two Divine beings The God of Thomas"My Lord and my God!"John 20:28. I also worship the God of Christ "my Father and your Father, to my God and your God"John 20:17[quote:18rg33zc]"The Bible tells us there is ONE GOD."
The Bible tells us that there is ONE GOD WHO HAS NO GOD, THE FATHER ALONE.
"But to the Son he said, Your throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a scepter of righteousness is the scepter of your kingdom.You have loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even your God[THE GOD OF YOU], has anointed you with the oil of gladness above your fellows."Hebrews 1:8,9
In Jesus dwells "all the fulness of the Godhead"...bodily.
That sure is a nice verse but don't stop there. Paul answers why this is so. Why does in Jesus dwell the fullness of the Godhead bodily. Let's look together "For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;"Colosians 1:19 This is what Jesus taught and believed that The Father was in Him doing to works not some third being named the Holy Spirit.
Here we see the "child is born". We see He is called "The mighty God...The everlasting Father."
OT Jews believe God's "Child was born"long before He was ever "given"to the world or else if His Child was not born how could He help His Father with all of creation."Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is his son’s name? Surely you know!"Proverbs 30:4
"The priest, after the order of Melchisedec..."having no beginning of days, nor end of life". Hmmm....now who would that be? "
Hmmm...someone's misinterpreting this bible verse. Jesus said Himself that He did have an end of life" I am he that liveth, and WAS DEAD; and, behold, I am alive for evermore"Revelation 1:18 The Melchisedec in the OT was a human high priest although he was not a levite. And so Jesus couldn't be a High priest while He was on earth. That's what it means no beginning of days no Levite geneaology "This man, however, did not trace his descent from Levi, yet he collected a tenth from Abraham and blessed him who had the promises" Hebrews 7:6
"The humanity is what was "begotten".
" Very popular doctrine but absolutely not Biblical. Apostle John
did God beget a Son before or after He sent Him to the world.Well the answer is before because
"...God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him"1st John 4:9
"The divine nature created the heavens and the earth...from the beginning."
Truly "God created all things by Jesus Christ"Ephesians 3:9K.J.V translated from Texus Receptus Proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that Jesus is not a created being. But does that fact that Jesus is not created mean that He has no beginning? Is God the Father only able to begin life by creating it? Please stop trying to limit God with your trinitarian theology. God gave birth to a Son before time and before creation.
"And, by the way, the Holy Spirit is the same ONE GOD. Same God...not matter who might try to claim otherwise."
Glorydaz you have a human form and a mind in your head. The Father has a Divine Form and a mind in His head. Before Christ was incarnated He had a Divine Form and a mind in His head. A satanic tradition has come around that the Father's mind should be treated like a separate individual. These people claim that the Father talks to His own mind and His mind answers back like He's some crazy person. This belief that the Father's mind is not His mind in His head but is some other individual in some trinity is false worship and satan accepts all false worship but God The Father nor does His Only Born Son accept this false worship.[/quote:18rg33zc]
In the flesh ....you keep getting confused about the time Jesus was here in the flesh. He died in the flesh while He was in human form. You worship two Gods and there is only ONE GOD. You can twist and turn to your heart's content, but you can't make two Gods out of one.

jasoncran said:
god is a spirit for they that believe in must worship him in spirit and in truth. if he as a physical body how can he be omnipresent?

jasoncran,

The purpose of the Holy Spirit (Holy Ghost) is to testify of God's truths to our spirits and to comfort us. That is how God communicates with us. Therefore, the logic says, and the scriptures show that God the Father cannot be only a spirit (He has a physical eternal body) because if that was so, He would not need to have a third member of the Godhead that is ONLY a spirit, the Holy Spirit (Holy Ghost), to visit us, comfort and testify of truths to our spirits.

mamre

mamre said:
jasoncran said:

jasoncran,

The purpose of the Holy Spirit (Holy Ghost) is to testify of God's truths to our spirits and to comfort us. That is how God communicates with us. Therefore, the logic says, and the scriptures show that God the Father cannot be only a spirit (He has a physical eternal body) because if that was so, He would not need to have a third member of the Godhead that is ONLY a spirit, the Holy Spirit (Holy Ghost), to visit us, comfort and testify of truths to our spirits.

mamre
you misunderstand the trinity, the son when all the work is finished will fade into the trinity and it will be like the days of the creation,we are tri parte entity, three seperate things yet one. God is no different.

jasoncran said:
mamre said:
jasoncran said:

jasoncran,

mamre
you misunderstand the trinity, the son when all the work is finished will fade into the trinity and it will be like the days of the creation,we are tri parte entity, three seperate things yet one. God is no different.

jasoncran,
The doctrine of trinity says that God and Jesus are of the same substance. But, if you
believe that God the Father is only a spirit, then this is not true because Jesus has the
substance of a physical body. Spirit and physical bodies are not the same substance.
Therefore Jesus cannot fade into the Father even if that was true.

When God created man, he create him in His image and likeness. Man has a physical body,
therefore if we are created in the image and likeness of God, it is clear that the Father has a body.
Except for being a glorious body, if we were to see and touch Him, we would see and feel
that He is just like we are, physical.

So, if Jesus has a body, God has to have a body, because Jesus is the express image of the
Father (see Heb. 1: 3). Jesus is exactly like the Father, therefore, the Father cannot be just a spirit because Jesus has a body. Otherwise that scriptures would not be true.

Jesus will not fade. He will be reigning with the saints. The scriptures says that the government will be upon His shoulders. If He fades, then that scripture is not true.

Have a great day,
mamre

mamre said:
jasoncran said:

jasoncran,

mamre

God is spirit. The only body He had was when Jesus walked this earth. There is only one God...and the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ are the same Spirit of the One God. Where one is they all are...together because they are One God. So we have God dwelling in us.
Romans 8:9 said:
Matthew 3:16 said:
And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

mamre said:
jasoncran,
The doctrine of trinity says that God and Jesus are of the same substance. But, if you
believe that God the Father is only a spirit, then this is not true because Jesus has the
substance of a physical body. Spirit and physical bodies are not the same substance.

When God created man, he create him in His image and likeness. Man has a physical body,
therefore if we are created in the image and likeness of God, it is clear that the Father has a body.
Except for being a glorious body, if we were to see and touch Him, we would see and feel

So, if Jesus has a body, God has to have a body, because Jesus is the express image of the
Father (see Heb. 1: 3). Jesus is exactly like the Father, therefore, the Father cannot be just a spirit because Jesus has a body. Otherwise that scriptures would not be true.

Jesus will not fade. He will be reigning with the saints. The scriptures says that the government will be upon His shoulders. If He fades, then that scripture is not true.

Have a great day,
mamre

No, that's not right. God is Spirit. He became flesh and dwelt among us...for a time and for a purpose.

"In the days of His flesh"....while on earth Jesus was fully man and fully God. That is the only physical body God ever had. Remember when Paul saw Jesus on the Damascus Road? He was a bright light that blinded Paul for three days.
Hebrews 5:6-8 said:
As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
Jesus has returned to glory...as He was in the beginning.
John 17:5 said:
And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

glorydaz said:
mamre said:
jasoncran,

Have a great day,
mamre

No, that's not right. God is Spirit. He became flesh and dwelt among us...for a time and for a purpose.

"In the days of His flesh"....while on earth Jesus was fully man and fully God. That is the only physical body God ever had. Remember when Paul saw Jesus on the Damascus Road? He was a bright light that blinded Paul for three days.
Hebrews 5:6-8 said:
As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
Jesus has returned to glory...as He was in the beginning.
[quote="John 17:5":2ifx0c0x] And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
[/quote:2ifx0c0x]

glorydaz,

None of the scriptures above shows that Jesus is only a spirit. But Jesus Himself was clear to prove to His disciple that He was not a spirit after He had lived upon this earth and resurrected. See below:

"Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have." Luke 24:39

Resurrection means the re-uniting of the physical body with the spirit again.

Thus, if Jesus is just like the Father, then the Father, of necessity, must have a body of flesh and bones just Jesus has.

Furthermore, from the very beginning in the scriptures the Father makes the point to emphasize that we are after His image and likeness:
When God created Adam He said "...Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:" Gen. 1: 26. God created man just like He is. Adam had a perfect body just like the Father. Image and likeness means we are like God and we look like Him. In other words, if I am like God and I am made in His likeness, then God cannot be different than me physically. The only difference would be that His is has glorious physical body and mine is a mortal one.

Notice also in the above scripture that God says "Let us." There are two people talking to each other. God the Father who has a body is talking to Jesus who was still a spirit that had not being born on the earth yet. So, you're write Jesus had glory before the world was, He was with God.

Have a great day,
mamre

researcher said:
I forget if I asked this before, so I'll put it up.

Is the holy Spirit the Spirit of Christ?

1Pe 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1Pe 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

2Pe 1:20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of scripture is of private interpretation.
2Pe 1:21 For no prophecy ever came by the will of man: but men spake from God, being moved by the Holy Spirit.

Peter equates the holy Spirit and the Spirit of Christ as the same thing that the prophets prophesied from.

For the Spirit searches everything, even(S) the depths of God. 11For who knows a person’s thoughts(T) except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12Now(U) we have received not(V) the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God. 13And we impart this(W) in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit,(X) interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual (1 Corinthians 2)

Holy Spirit searches diligently, exploring and examining everything, even sounding the profound and bottomless things of God. So of course He knows all about God Father and all about God Jesus Christ. And I think that’s why we can read in the Bible “Spirit of God or Spirit of Jesus Christ†and I agree with the point of view that by this we are given the understanding of God’s character.

That would make the trinity:
Father
Son (the flesh and blood person (Jesus))
Holy Spirit (the Spirit of Christ (which existed before Jesus the man))

Is that right??

For the Spirit searches everything, even(S) the depths of God. 11For who knows a person’s thoughts(T) except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12Now(U) we have received not(V) the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God. 13And we impart this(W) in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit,(X) interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual (1 Corinthians 2)

Holy Spirit searches diligently, exploring and examining everything, even sounding the profound and bottomless things of God. So of course He knows all about God Father and all about God Jesus Christ. And I think that’s why we can read in the Bible “Spirit of God or Spirit of Jesus Christ†and I agree with the point of view that by this we are given the understanding of God’s character.

this will sound like sbg57, but no flesh dwells in heavean, look in acts, where is jesus in heaven or in the cloud?

do you believe in the hyperstatic union? Jesus was both God and man when he was on the earth. think about the pain he endured, most men die from the flogging!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back