Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Is the holy Spirit the Spirit of Christ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Popish Rogue said:
The Father is God, the Son is God and the Holy Ghost is God. God is the Father, God is the Son and God is the Holy Ghost. The Father is not the Son, the Son is not the Father, the Father is not the Holy Ghost, the Holy Ghost is not the Father, the Son is not the Holy Ghost and the Holy Ghost is not the Son.

That's how I always understood the matter, though it's quite hard to wrap your head around at times :)!
:lol :yes good way to put it. :)

I would take issue with this characterization - however, it is not the topic of this thread so no more will be said here....

Anth said:
I would take issue with this characterization - however, it is not the topic of this thread so no more will be said here....
:lol i thought you would, just start another thread. :yes

Hey Darcy - How about if you do - and pick your favorite reason for being a tritheist as to the persons of God but a monotheist as to the nature of God... (wild... :crazy ) and we will go from there.

Best,
Anth

Romans 8:9-11

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His.
10. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11. But if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, He that reised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwelleth in you.

I think the question raised here is, if the same Spirit that is in Jesus is in us, then why are we not like Him. Well, He that had no sin, did not have all this sin to work through. The Spirit in God, in Christ, and in us, is the same Holy Spirit. In 8:11 it says that that Spirit will quicken us. This happens by giving us to speak something that the Holy Spirit kicks up into our spirit of what we read, or just going to the Father to take of the Father, and to give to us. It is the Deep crying out to Deep. Be blessed, correct me if I am wrong, but I think I have a pretty good grasp on this, or really the Holy Spirit does.

bloodbought09 said:
Romans 8:9-11

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His.
10. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11. But if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, He that reised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwelleth in you.

I think the question raised here is, if the same Spirit that is in Jesus is in us, then why are we not like Him. Well, He that had no sin, did not have all this sin to work through. The Spirit in God, in Christ, and in us, is the same Holy Spirit. In 8:11 it says that that Spirit will quicken us. This happens by giving us to speak something that the Holy Spirit kicks up into our spirit of what we read, or just going to the Father to take of the Father, and to give to us. It is the Deep crying out to Deep. Be blessed, correct me if I am wrong, but I think I have a pretty good grasp on this, or really the Holy Spirit does.

Deep....I like it. :thumb

researcher said:
I forget if I asked this before, so I'll put it up.

1Pe 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1Pe 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

2Pe 1:20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of scripture is of private interpretation.
2Pe 1:21 For no prophecy ever came by the will of man: but men spake from God, being moved by the Holy Spirit.

Peter equates the holy Spirit and the Spirit of Christ as the same thing that the prophets prophesied from.

That would make the trinity:
Father
Son (the flesh and blood person (Jesus))
Holy Spirit (the Spirit of Christ (which existed before Jesus the man))

Is that right??

Dear Researcher. How are you doing today?
You have a human body and you have a human spirit your mind and you were made in the Father's image who has His own holy body and His own Holy Mind/spirit.
The Father pours His own mind/spirit on us Christians through His only born Son as Titus 3:6 states.

"God poured a generous amount of the Spirit on us through Jesus Christ our Savior." Titus 3:6 God's Word Translation

The Father sends His spirit /mind to us through His Son but we don't just have the Father's spirit in us.

"And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father"Galatians 4:6

So we have the Father's spirit and His Son's spirit personally in our hearts and this is what Jesus himself preached to the disciples.

Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him John 14:22,23

Anth said:
Many people say that Jesus is God because He is worshipped - and since the scriptures specifically say that only God can be worshipped - and Jesus accepted worshipped (see the nice sequential, linear logical pattern of reasoning??) - therefore, Jesus must be God. Well, this sure sounds good on paper doesn't it.... UNTIL you read Rev 3:9 WHOOOOPPPSS.... There goes that theory - right down the drain. In fact, to the Western mind, this will represent a fundamental inconsistency - HOWEVER to the Eastern mind this just represents larger conceptualizations of a reality in which both statements are true.

Besth
Anth

"for us there is only one God, the Father"'''one God and Father of all"
1st Corinthians 8:6 and Ephesians 4:6

It is clear in the scriptures that Jesus is not the One God of the Bible or any part of the One God so than why was He worshiped? Is it because of your misinterpretation of Revelation 3:9?No He is in fact the One and Only Born and uncreated Son of the One God. [1st John 4:9] Because if He was created He would have not accepted worship according to biblical examples Acts 10:25,26 and Revelation 22:8,9

Anth my dear friend, there's so many Christs being preached out there. The JW's Jesus is created Jesus and the Jesus only the Father became the Son Jesus and the Trinitarian Jesus is the same age as His Father so He's not really His Son Jesus and Spiritualist New age we can all ascend and become Christs, Jesus. So many false Christs being preached out there Anth. But I'm praying that you will find the true Jesus of the Bible. The True Son of the His True Father.

SonByAdoption said:

It is clear in the scriptures that Jesus is not the One God of the Bible or any part of the One God so than why was He worshiped? Is it because of your misinterpretation of Revelation 3:9?No He is in fact the One and Only Born and uncreated Son of the One God. [1st John 4:9] Because if He was created He would have not accepted worship according to biblical examples Acts 10:25,26 and Revelation 22:8,9

There is only one God and Jesus is God. It's something that can only be understood with spiritual understanding...not man's wisdom. Jesus is God manifest in the flesh (Jesus).
1 Timothy 3:16 said:
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Speaking of the Son...notice His names?
Isaiah 9:6 said:
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Jesus is the great I AM...the mighty God, the everlasting Father. God come in the flesh.
Genesis 17 said:
1And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
John 8:58 said:
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
Exodus 3:14 said:
And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
God calls Jesus God. They are the same God.
Hebrews 1:8 said:
But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

glorydaz said:
SonByAdoption said:

There is only one God and Jesus is God. It's something that can only be understood with spiritual understanding...not man's wisdom. Jesus is God manifest in the flesh (Jesus).
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Speaking of the Son...notice His names?
One Divine being was God manifest in the flesh (Jesus)"who, being in the form of God, counted it not a prize to be on an equality with God but emptied himself..."was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death"Philipians 2:6,7 English Revised Version and Hebrews 2:9

This Divine being who was God manifest in the flesh so He could die for our sins is the same one who was seen by Abraham and ate with him and was the great I Am who Moses saw in the burning bush.

And then the Bible says that there was another Divine being who no man has ever seen because He sits on the throne behind the light that no man can approach unto and this being has absolute immortality and He couldn't give it up for any reason so that's why He himself couldn't be manifested in the flesh so He could die for us so He sent His only born Son who He loved more than Himself.

"God calls Jesus God. They are the same God."
then quoted Hebrews 1:8

I am not denying that the Father called His Son God. I just want to make something clear. Let's say you and me are both men and I worship men but you don't. When I call you a man I mean you are my man. I worship you. But if you called me a man since you don't worship men you would just mean by calling me a man that I am a human being. This is the same way that the Father calls His only Born Son God. He is not saying. I worship you. You are my God. He is just saying that His Son is a Divine being equal nature to Himself.

But even though the Father does not worship the Son because the Father is the Only God who has no God and this is why the Bible calls Him the "One God"

But on the other hand Jesus worships His Father because Jesus is the only God who has a God as we see in the very next verse.

"YOU HAVE LOVED RIGHTEOUSNESS AND HATED LAWLESSNESS; THEREFORE GOD, YOUR GOD, HAS ANOINTED YOU WITH THE OIL OF GLADNESS ABOVE YOUR COMPANIONS." Hebrews 1:9

There is only one Divine being who has a God and that is Jesus.
"Thee the only true God""My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?""my Father and your Father, to my God and your God." also see Revelation 3:12

There is only one Divine being who has no God and that is the Father.
"For HE HAS PUT ALL THINGS IN SUBJECTION UNDER HIS FEET. But when He says, "All things are put in subjection," it is evident that He is excepted who put all things in subjection to Him."1 Corinthians 15:27

SonByAdoption said:
Glorydaz I am sorry I have written so much. If you don't read anything else I have posted you please read these two Bible passages 1stCor 8:4-6 and Ephesians 4:4-6 that I've posted above and please tell me the truth. Isn't the Father referred to as the "One God" in these Bible passages. You accused me of not having spiritual understanding but if you can read clear Bible statements that say that the Father is the "one God" but totally ignore the truth than you are not being honest with the text and you are in fact denying God's word and if you are denying His word than let me ask you. Who's spirit is giving you understanding? Certainly not the Father's Spirit or His Son's Spirit. Millions and Millions of Christians believe that Jesus is not the true Son of God but is the same age of His Father. This is worldly wisdom. Millions of JW's believe that Jesus is a created being. This is worldly wisdom.

I certainly do not believe Jesus is a created being, and I certainly didn't mean to accuse you of not having spiritual understanding. I said we need spiritual understanding when we seek to know God...or at least that's what I meant to say. But, I'm not "denying the Word" because my understanding of the "mystery of godliness" is not the same as yours. I could easily say the same to you, but God is bigger than either of us, and I don't believe any human being can fully understand the Almighty God.

We can take these two portions of scripture...I have no problem with that, but there are so many more than these two that cannot be ignored. As for 1 Cor. Yes, there is one God. The Father...of whom are all things and Jesus... by whom are all things. This doesn't happen to mention the Holy Spirit, which is also God. All are speaking of the one true God. Some would call that three Gods in One. I call it one God with three manifestations (I hate that word, but it's better than persons, IMO, since persons is another human term. I feel you are putting human parameters onto God by saying "begotten" is used in the same way humans are begotten. It isn't the same for the simple reason that Jesus is God manifest in the flesh.
God and Lord are interchangable...Often used together, in fact, as in Lord God Almighty. This verse is saying the one God is both the Father and the Son. Actually, the one God is the Father and Son and Holy Spirit...(although the Spirit isn't mentioned here.)
1 Corinthians 8:4-6 said:
As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one. For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
We see the mystery of godliness, not just in the scripture you're addressing, but all throughout the Bible.

Here we see the LORD GOD formed man...and GOD said, Let US make man in OUR image.
Genesis 2:7 said:
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Genesis 1:26 said:
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
So here we see the One God...the Father, and One Lord, Jesus. Father and Son...the Lord God.
Ephesians 4:4-6 said:
There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
And as for the Holy Spirit...He is God's Spirit (both the Father and the Son). They are one and cannot be separated in any way. Where one is all are there.

I believe God is the Father.
I believe God came to earth in the flesh—that was Jesus.
I believe God communicates with us through his Holy Spirit.

This is my reply to Glorydaz. I've quoted from him but I've also quoted from BibleWriters so please don't confuse the quotes. I hope I haven't made it too confusing. Please read the names and don't just glance over them and assume all of the quotes are from glorydaz. Thankyou very much.

glorydaz said:
"But, I'm not "denying the Word" because my understanding of the "mystery of godliness" is not the same as yours."

One of us is worshiping the true God of the Bible, Christ's God who He called His Father and the other one is worshiping a man-made substitute.

glorydaz said:
"I could easily say the same to you, but God is bigger than either of us, and I don't believe any human being can fully understand the Almighty God."

But we can understand God's identity that He is a single individual sitting on the throne of the universe and we can understand the identity of His Son that He has a true Son in the fullest since of the word. Not a son created like the angels or a son adopted like the forgiven sinner but a Son born from Himself.

glorydaz said:
"As for 1 Cor. Yes, there is one God. The Father...of whom are all things and Jesus... by whom are all things.""This verse is saying the one God is both the Father and the Son. Actually, the one God is the Father and Son and Holy Spirit...(although the Spirit isn't mentioned here.)"

Do you understand that God the Father is not only the God of all created beings but He is also the God of His Son?

glorydaz said:
"This doesn't happen to mention the Holy Spirit, which is also God."

I don't know of any God or any person or manifestation named the Holy Spirit my friend. I am a Christian and like Christians as John says

ApostleJohn;1stJohn1:3 said:
"We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ."

glorydaz said:
"All are speaking of the one true God."

Jesus worships His Father as the One True/Original God John 17:3 and I think we should follow His example.

glorydaz said:
"Some would call that three Gods in One. I call it one God with three manifestations (I hate that word, but it's better than persons, IMO, since persons is another human term."

I would call it worshiping what you know not what. My friend please worship the Father in spirit and in truth. He's seeking you to worship Him that way. The Father is not a fraction 3 in one or one and three but the Father is a person in the fullest sense of the word and Jesus is His true Son in the fullest sense of the word and they have never seen or talked to any other Divine beings named the Holy Spirit or Allah or Budda or otherwise. Worship God's Son in spirit and in truth too. One Begot. The Other was Born. One is the Parent. The Other is the Offspring. One is Older. The Other is Younger. I don't know how to make this any simpler and plainer.

glorydaz said:
"I feel you are putting human parameters onto God by saying "begotten" is used in the same way humans are begotten."

I feel that you are saying that God could not beget a Son because He is not a human. Surely it is not in the same way because humans need two people and God needed no ones help.

In everlasting before time had begun there was Only One.
And this Divine Being decided to beget a Son and it was done

If you are saying that Jesus is not really the Son of God because He is God Himself than you are calling God and His Son liars because that's what they taught.
OurHeavenlyFather said:
"This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
"The baptism"
OurHeavenlyFather said:
"This is my Son, whom I have chosen; listen to him."
The transfiguration

glorydaz said:
"It isn't the same for the simple reason that Jesus is God manifest in the flesh."

I don't have a problem with calling Jesus God. He was born from God. What else could He be but a Divine being. Like a human being born from a human is a human. Jesus was God's only born Son way before Bethlehem way before He was God manifest in the flesh. He was the Son of God in Daniel 3:25 and Proverbs 30:4. The Wisdom of God who was born before all of creation in Proverbs 8. The Captain of the Hosts of Yahweh being worshiped by Joshua in Joshua 5:15,16.

glorydaz said:
"God and Lord are interchangable"
If the words God and Lord are interchangeable than why would Thomas call Christ His Lord and His God?

Jesus is my God but He is not His own God. That's why the Father is the "One God" of all in 1st Corinthians 8:6 and Ephesians 4:4-6. You keep trying to read your false trinity doctrine into it but it's just not biblical.

glorydaz said:
"Here we see the LORD GOD formed man...and GOD said, Let US make man in OUR image.Genesis 1:26"

My friend I was raised as a trinitarian.
I didn't learn the truth about God and His Son till I was like 20 or 21 I can't remember so it is easy for me why you think Genesis 1:26 is a trinity talking. That's how we were trained right. But my friend, this is man's interpretation. This is a very dangerous and satanic interpretation that only leads to destruction. Please my friend let the Bible interpret itself and take off your trinity goggles for a moment and read all the Bible verses that talk about the creation and you will see that there is no trinity talking but rather one single individual Divine being the Father is talking to someone else.

King Solomon and the Hebrews writer believed that in Genesis 1:26 God was talking to His Son.

KingSolomon said:
"Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?"
Proverbs 30:34

HebrewsWriter said:
"And now in these final days, he has spoken to us through his Son. God promised everything to the Son as an inheritance, and through the Son he created the universe.
"Hebrews 1:2New Living Translation

Paul says that in Genesis 1:26 God was talking to Jesus Christ
ApostlePaul said:
And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:
Ephesians 3:9 KJV translated from the Texus Receptus.

This being named wisdom says that He was born before creation and He was with God when He created everything.
Proverbs 8:22-31

My point is that there are only two beings being talked about as creating in many scirptures that talk about the creation. John 1:1,2 "The Word Ho Logos" and "The God Ho Theos" Two Divine beings and the same in Colosians. The Invisible God and His image two divine beings. As well in Revelation The Angels worship the "The One who sits on the Throne who created everything" and "The Lamb" Two divine beings.
glorydaz said:
"So here we see the One God...the Father, and One Lord, Jesus. Father and Son...the Lord God."
Jesus is called God sometimes in the new testament and He is called Lord many times in the new testament but He is never called the Lord God nor is He called the One God in the new testament. So how can you give Jesus titles that belong to the Father alone?

Two Lords in the New testament and Two Lords in the Old Testament.
Jude said:
"...and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ."
Jude 1:4 K.J.V.
Peter said:
"...The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,"
Acts 2:34Websters Bible Translation
KingDavid said:
"Yahweh says to my Lord, "Sit at my right hand, until I make your enemies your footstool for your feet."
Psalms 110:1World English Bible

Two Lords in the Old Testament.

The LORD God. LORD in all caps is Yahweh in the Old testament. Yahweh doesn't mean trinity. Yahweh is the Father's name.

glorydaz said:
"nd as for the Holy Spirit...He is God's Spirit (both the Father and the Son)."

The Holy Spirit is the Father's Spirit or the Father's Mind.

ApostlePaul said:
For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?
Romans 11:34
Isaiah said:
"Who has directed the Spirit of Yahweh, or has taught him as his counselor?"
Isaiah 40:13 World English Bible
God'sOnlyBornSon said:
"For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Fatherwhich speaketh in you."
Matthew 10:20
God'sOnlyBornSon said:
"...for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Spirit"
Mark 13:11

glorydaz said:
"nd as for the Holy Spirit...He is God's Spirit (both the Father and the Son)."
Because spirit many times means the same thing as mind in the Bible. You saying that Jesus didn't have His own spirit is like saying that Jesus doesn't have His own mind but He is some mindless brainless human shell walking around like some kind of zombie. I can assure you from the Bible that Jesus had His own Spirit/mind and has a separate body from God the Father and is in fact a separate person, separate Divine being from God the Father.

Luke said:
"and the child grew and was strengthened in spirit, being filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was upon him.""and Jesus was advancing in wisdom, and in stature, and in favour with God and men."
Luke 2:40,52 Young's Literal Translation

The Father didn't become a human. His spirit never got stronger or grew in wisdom but always stayed the same. Therefore Christ has a different spirit from His Father and He is in fact a separate being from His Father.

glorydaz said:
"They are one and cannot be separated in any way. Where one is all are there."
This is why I feel sorry for trinitarians because I don't see how they can understand the crucifixion if they don't understand the truth of the gospel that there are in fact two different divine beings parent and offspring. Jesus was not just pretending to be separate from His God on the cross. He really was separated. He didn't just pretend to die. It wasn't just His human body that died, it was Christ's divine mind/spirit that died as well. The Father's spirit/mind had already departed from Jesus this is why He felt forsaken. Then Jesus said "Father recive my spirit. Proving that He has a separate spirit and is a separate person/ Divine being from the Father proving the trinity false once and for all.

SonByAdoption,

I'm not even sure to begin with you, brother. For some reason you think you have a higher understanding of God than I do. I can only say, you don't. You're confusing Jesus as a man with Jesus as God...before he became a man. You use verses that show Jesus honoring God as all men should. He was God before He took on human flesh.

I'm not a babe in Christ that needs a lecture about who Jesus is. I know who He is. I realize it's hard for some people to understand how God exists...without giving God the attributes of mankind. I could go through your entire post explaining each point, but I can tell from what you've said that you believe you understand something I don't. If you'd like to take one point at a time, I'd be glad to respond, but that was just way too over-whelming a post to even consider taking on as a whole. There are too many errors in your thinking to even try to sort out in the form you've presented. My advice would be to calm down and discuss it line upon line....perhaps leave off the admonitions. I don't need them, since the way I see it, you're the one who needs the correction.

No doubt there is one God.......divinity is a trait only the One God possesses.
There is human nature and divine nature. How can anyone claim Jesus possesses divinity without saying He is God. The Bible tells us there is ONE GOD.
Ephesians 4:6 said:
One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
In Jesus dwells "all the fulness of the Godhead"...bodily.
Colossians 2:9 said:
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

Here we see the "child is born". We see He is called "The mighty God...The everlasting Father."
Isaiah 9:6 said:
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
The priest, after the order of Melchisedec..."having no beginning of days, nor end of life".
Hmmm....now who would that be?
Hebrews 7:3 said:
Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

The humanity is what was "begotten". The divine nature created the heavens and the earth...from the beginning. And, by the way, the Holy Spirit is the same ONE GOD. Same God...not matter who might try to claim otherwise.

God is not a God of confusion. However, our bible translations cause confusion, as well as those who read these bible translations. Many have a preconceived notion before they even read their bibles.

When God made everything, he was specific about everything. Our translations become confusing, because they use similar words without specific understanding behind those words. Such is the case with the words = holy spirit and then caps -- Holy Spirit.

When God made an apple, he didn't want anyone to think that it was an orange, or a pear. And when God's Word states that -- God is Spirit, the same holds true. God is not an apple nor is he a human being.

The words -- Holy Spirit, simply means pure Spirit. Saying God is Spirit, is a way for God to seperate himself from mankind. Spirit can not be seen with one's physical eyes.

The word -- God -- is a title. Saying that God is the Holy Spirit, is saying that he is the pure Spirit.

The Word tells us that there is only one true God. But God himself calls the adversary of God, the god of this world. Simply by using a title to define authority.

Christ is the only begotten Son of God. The Spirit of Christ, is simply the Spirit of his Son. We as christians have the Spirit of his Son in our hearts, and this is why we cry Abba Father.

We do not have the Holy Spirit in our hearts, and the Word never tells us that we do. The gift of the Holy Spirit is upon, and allows a christian to operate the nine manifestations of the Spirit. < The "Spirit" being God himself.

This is why at time the gift is not capitalized ( holy spirit ). It is because it is just a portion of what God is -- Holy Spirit.

The Spirit of his Son, is Christ, which is the Spirit of or from God > The Holy Spirit

Jesus the Christ is the seed Son of God - The Holy Spirit

Always keep in mind that the word "God" is a title. We as Christians are sons of God, because we have the Spirit of his Son in our hearts. Just because we have the Spirit of his Son in us, which is Christ in us, this does not make us God , nor a God. We simply are a Son of God.

When King David had a son, his son was not a King, just because he was the son of a king. King David had more than one son, but it was Solomon who eventually became King, because that was the will of God.

The word "King" is a title, just as the word "God" is a title. Having a title does not make your son automatically carry that title as well. Only one of King David's sons became King. King David had the Spirit of God upon him, and again having the Spirit of God upon you, does not make you God. Prophets of God have the Spirit of God upon them. Christians who receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit have the gift of the holy spirit upon them. This allows them to be able to manifest the nine manifestations of the Spirit. A Prophet speaks for God, that which God tells him.

A Christian speaks about God, in words of comfort, exhortation and edification. This only can be done after one is baptized with the gift of the Holy Spirit upon them. In fact, the Word tells us, that you can not call Jesus Lord, except by the Holy Spirit. This means that you must be baptized with the Holy Spirit in order that you can call Jesus Lord. Everyone else is just mouthing by their own mind , calling Jesus Lord. And Jesus will say I never knew you.

You can not be a son of God, unless God makes you a son of God, by him putting the Spirit of his Son into your hearts. You then have the Spirit of Christ in you. You would then be called a chosen vessel.

The gift of holy spirit is upon you , as a baptized Christian

And the Spirit of his Son in your hearts, is in you as a Christian, and remains with you, and never leaves you.

Bless - MM

researcher said:
I forget if I asked this before, so I'll put it up.

1Pe 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1Pe 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

2Pe 1:20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of scripture is of private interpretation.
2Pe 1:21 For no prophecy ever came by the will of man: but men spake from God, being moved by the Holy Spirit.

Peter equates the holy Spirit and the Spirit of Christ as the same thing that the prophets prophesied from.

That would make the trinity:
Father
Son (the flesh and blood person (Jesus))
Holy Spirit (the Spirit of Christ (which existed before Jesus the man))

Is that right??

This is why we see many Christlike figures from Adam to John the Baptist, it is because the Spirit of Christ was upon them to fulfill all righteousness.

Paul later on said that Jesus would come in that day (the day of the Lord) to be glorified in His saints.

So in the end times you will have false Christs, as a sign (decoys to protect the resurrected Christ?) but also many Christlike saints namely the 144k.

:twocents

Hello Glorydaz. It's always a pleasure.

glorydaz said:
For some reason you think you have a higher understanding of God than I do. I can only say, you don't."

If when you say God you mean the popular man made trinity doctrine that is popular among Christiandom than I can assure you I do not have a better understanding than you. Neither can I teach idolaters how to better worship their idols.

glorydaz said:
"You're confusing Jesus as a man with Jesus as God...before he became a man."
I definitely am not confusing the two. Jesus gave up His immortality,omniscience,and omnipotence and was born as a human knowing nothing. He lived as a human and died as a human and His soul/spirit slept unconsciously in the grave until His Father resurrected Him.Jesus was a complete person and not divided. It wasn't just the son of man humanity that died for us it was the Divine Son of God who died for us.

glorydaz said:
"You use verses that show Jesus honoring God as all men should."
Again my friend. Christ is not divided. It was not just His humanity that worshiped the Father. It was His divinity worshiping Him as well ever since His birth in eternity before all of creation Christ has worshiped the Father and since his resurrection into everlasting he will always worship the Father.
God'sOnlyBornSon said:
"...I will write upon him the name of my God..."
Paul said:
"Then, when all things are under his authority, the Son will put himself under God's authority, so that God, who gave his Son authority over all things, will be utterly supreme over everything everywhere."
Revelation 3:12KJV and 1st Corinthians 15:28 New Living Translation 2007

glorydaz said:
"He was God before He took on human flesh."
If you mean that Jesus was a Divine being equal in nature to His Father than you are definitely right. Jesus was God before He took on flesh but He was not His own God.
"
Joshua said:
The prince of Yahweh's army said to Joshua, "Take your shoes off of your feet; for the place on which you stand is holy."Joshua did so."
Joshua 5:15 Christ's position in heaven before His incarnation was the Prince of Heaven. Prince meaning the true Son of the true King. I've only quote one verse but why not go back and study the whole passage and see Joshua worship God's Divine Only Born Son in the OT. Joshua 5:13-15

glorydaz said:
"I'm not a babe in Christ that needs a lecture about who Jesus is."
It would be better for you if you were. When you were an innocent child and someone told you that God had an only born Son you would have had no confusion what that meant because you weren't yet corrupted by worldly wise christians and their man made trinitarian teachings. You would have saw Bambi is a child the same nature as his parent, and so do dogs have puppies and humans have babies and God had an only born Son.

glorydaz said:
"I realize it's hard for some people to understand how God exists...without giving God the attributes of mankind"
I haven't given Him attributes of mankind. He has given us attributes of Divine Kind. We were created in His image and not the other way around. The Father has a body and a spirit and so does His Son who is the express image of His person and so was man created with a body and a spirit. Mankind might be the first created beings to be given the power to reproduce but we definitely are not the first beings to have this power because we were made in His image. The Father had the power to beget His Son and He used this power in eternity before creation.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back