Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the Law of God dead? And if yes, how?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not under the law. I am under Christ.

But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.
amen but is it God's laws that bind or the manmade laws? - Matthew 23:2-5 says it's mans laws that bind -

Jesus is the Word of God - every word that came from God is Jesus since before creation - when you embrace every word of God you are embracing Jesus fully -

amen but is it God's laws that bind or the manmade laws? - Matthew 23:2-5 says it's mans laws that bind -

Jesus is the Word of God - every word that came from God is Jesus since before creation - when you embrace every word of God you are embracing Jesus fully -
Yet Jesus stated the message wasn't his own but the Father living in Him doing His work.
The God who spoke through the prophets in these last day has spoken to us by His Son.

For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.

Is this not cohesive with Paul's words of serving in the new way of the Spirit

Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

That ( Matthew 5: 19) was a very good catch Truth , my compliments :) Christ seldom ( if at all ever) contradicted himself
But upon researching origin of this verse in Greek from where all translations come , I found the word is not breaking one the Law, but "loosening' the least bit ( of the Law)
To loosen or bend is substantially different from breaking . Obviously an error in translation. I would encourage you to check it out using the Greek lexicon.
Law breakers were creators of Lawlessness and were condemned by Christ in Matthew 7: 21-23
Law benders could yet survive the judgment it appears , although as the least ones in eternal sanctuary of God. Best would be to obey the law comprehensively through practicing loving kindness consistently as Christ taught ( Matthew 22:37-40, Matthew 7 : 12, Matthew 25:31-46), and similarly mentioned in Proverbs 10:12, 1 Peter 4:8)
In one sense if Jesus changes nothing with regard to the law, then either we do not understand the law or we all must be Jewish followers and sticking with temple sacrifice and offerings etc.

Clearly the Holy Spirit anointed and filled non-Jews, so God counted those who had faith in Christ as cleansed and Holy.
So there is an anomaly. Except Jesus used the expression until everything is fullfilled.

Now this fullfillment is what guided the apostles to declare only a limited areas of the law to be regarded by the letter, food sacrificed to idols should not be eaten and blood.

The missed subject or summary people pass by is most of the law is around Israel and the temple. Once you accept Jesus has fulfilled this aspect, the physical pointing to the now spiritual, you are left with the moral law. And the moral law outsides of festivals, sabbaths etc. applies to all communities. But the new aspect is the emotional application of love from the heart, and separation of personal from civil obligations. It is why the personal aspects would make the courts and exercising justice impossible, because everyone would just be understood, forgiven and let go.

On an emotional scale this reminds me of family gatherings. You are bound to a group of people who you make like or dislike, but is a limited getting together. Some miss-understand and begin to hold serious grudges and problems with others, and when opportunity comes pours all the failures of another out upon them.

Funnily those who talk of the law and moralism, tend towards this scorn and judgmentalism and anger. It is cloaked in a way to make them look innocent, while behaving worse themselves in secret. It is what Jesus exposed with the pharisees and they hated it, and were prepared to kill Him over His threat to the their power base. They knew they had no answer to openness, honesty and repentance, walking in reality, and valuing people, because for them status wealth and indulgence were everything, while appearing to be the best of people.

So dear brother and sister. Does the law encourage you to love more and care for those around or condemn you as unworthy? God intended the law as an encouragement to life. God bless you

Yet Jesus stated the message wasn't his own but the Father living in Him doing His work.
The God who spoke through the prophets in these last day has spoken to us by His Son.

For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.

Is this not cohesive with Paul's words of serving in the new way of the Spirit

Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.
amen - so very true

In one sense if Jesus changes nothing with regard to the law, then either we do not understand the law or we all must be Jewish followers and sticking with temple sacrifice and offerings etc.

I'll apologize in advance for butting-in your discussion and I hope it is not too presumptuous of me to do so , so for whatever it's worth, since you've asked the question (above), I feel compelled to reply and repost several verses that I posted earlier in which God through Paul, identifies for our edification God's laws. Based upon them, I would submit that your statement of "either we do not understand the law", to be a correct assessment in that most don't distinguish between spiritual law and earthly law, and being the case, have missed God's true spiritual law, misappropriating the earthly for the spiritual. However, the laws of salvation and of judgment of sin and death are spiritual and were made visible in Rom 8:2. They were brought to fruition by Christ alone with salvation through Christ alone. Whether we like it or not, we all are under one law or the other as there is no third law.

[Rom 8:2-3 KJV]
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

If we read Rom 8:2 closely, we can see that it was solely through the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus that Paul was made free from the law of sin and death; that is, it was solely by that law itself - Paul of himself could do nothing to achieve it. Rom 8:3 informs that there is no salvation in following any earthly law.
So in returning to your question (above), the answer I believe is that by Christ everything changed:

[Heb 7:12 KJV]
12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

If I've misunderstood the intent of the thread, your post, or if this has already been covered, my apology.
Also, I am not the best of writers so I hope this makes sense

Clearly the Holy Spirit anointed and filled non-Jews, so God counted those who had faith in Christ as cleansed and Holy.
So there is an anomaly. Except Jesus used the expression until everything is fullfilled.

Now this fullfillment is what guided the apostles to declare only a limited areas of the law to be regarded by the letter, food sacrificed to idols should not be eaten and blood.

The missed subject or summary people pass by is most of the law is around Israel and the temple. Once you accept Jesus has fulfilled this aspect, the physical pointing to the now spiritual, you are left with the moral law. And the moral law outsides of festivals, sabbaths etc. applies to all communities. But the new aspect is the emotional application of love from the heart, and separation of personal from civil obligations. It is why the personal aspects would make the courts and exercising justice impossible, because everyone would just be understood, forgiven and let go.

On an emotional scale this reminds me of family gatherings. You are bound to a group of people who you make like or dislike, but is a limited getting together. Some miss-understand and begin to hold serious grudges and problems with others, and when opportunity comes pours all the failures of another out upon them.

Funnily those who talk of the law and moralism, tend towards this scorn and judgmentalism and anger. It is cloaked in a way to make them look innocent, while behaving worse themselves in secret. It is what Jesus exposed with the pharisees and they hated it, and were prepared to kill Him over His threat to the their power base. They knew they had no answer to openness, honesty and repentance, walking in reality, and valuing people, because for them status wealth and indulgence were everything, while appearing to be the best of people.

So dear brother and sister. Does the law encourage you to love more and care for those around or condemn you as unworthy? God intended the law as an encouragement to life. God bless you
PJ I'm responding out of courtesy since despite my clear post that I will not be participating in discussions for a long time , you continue to write / address me. Hence this response. I'll stick by my commitment and will NOT reply to anything you said / say about the Law of God. I believe we have taken our respective stances on that . Let us now patiently await the judgment day when we will face the Father and the Son. We'll certainly have all the answers that day. In view of that, let us patiently wait for the day and accept the verdict graciously. For sake of record, we are diametrically and dramatically on the opposite sides , and one of us will therefore be in desperate trouble after the verdict , going by logic. I'm willing to wait patiently.Will recommend you the same brother :) 🙏
We have valiantly and lucidly placed our respective cases in front of the Father. Let us now wait for Him to pronounce the verdict. Also a respectful reminder, everyone, I will NOT be responding to posts, temporarily. Taking a break from everything 😊
God bless everyone 🙏

Last edited:
always motivates me to do what God says - thank God the new covenant says GOD'S laws are now written on heart/mind - Hebrews 8:8-12 - so HIS power is how it all gets done - the flesh no longer rules when a person walks in the Spirit - and the weakness of the first covenant was the flesh - man's laws were also a problem - Matthew 23:2-5 - paul says to not void God's laws but establish them - Romans 3:31 - as does Jesus - Matthew 5:19 - so void man's laws but not God's - and walk in the Spirit so God can work in you and cause you to keep HIS laws by HIS power

QUESTION
why does keeping God's laws condemn you? are you trying to keep them to be saved? or are you trying to keep them by the flesh? - let God do the work in you and He will cause you to keep God's laws by His Holy Spirit power - apart from God you can do nothing

always motivates me to do what God says - thank God the new covenant says GOD'S laws are now written on heart/mind - Hebrews 8:8-12 - so HIS power is how it all gets done - the flesh no longer rules when a person walks in the Spirit - and the weakness of the first covenant was the flesh - man's laws were also a problem - Matthew 23:2-5 - paul says to not void God's laws but establish them - Romans 3:31 - as does Jesus - Matthew 5:19 - so void man's laws but not God's - and walk in the Spirit so God can work in you and cause you to keep HIS laws by HIS power

QUESTION
why does keeping God's laws condemn you? are you trying to keep them to be saved? or are you trying to keep them by the flesh? - let God do the work in you and He will cause you to keep God's laws by His Holy Spirit power - apart from God you can do nothing
Thank you for this question. I mention the question because when Jesus says love your brother as I have loved you, I go Amen. Now in sharing this, one believer said I was lying, was self righteous and trying to justify myself before God.

So I need another language to imply meaning to this subject. Imagine if words were just relationship expressions. Now if I say to someone as a loved child, to drive a car you need to learn to drive, go through an exam, pass and you are there. As a loved child you know you do not know how to drive, and am anxious about learning and passing, but because you are loved and trust your dad, you know they are saying they will help take you through the process.

If on the other hand any failure or not making the mark means you are rejected in the present, unloved, thrown out, and you need a fake cover so it can appear you can drive and have all the skills required, hearing about the road is like unbelief in the reality you have already qualified and so condemning.

Now I have met folk who feel this condemnation, anything which suggests failure or unresolved issues, rather than blessing the God is going to overcome these issues and His promise is transcendence in our lives through the Holy Spirit.

I once did not have this emotional lens on facts. Because everything in our lives is not neutral and has emotional power which we will ignore and run away from to cope, and run towards because it helps us.

For me a pastor or preacher is someone who Jesus has set free, and knows security and love in Christ and shines this light for all to see. Yet a pastor and leader of a congregation condemned me for saying Jesus calls us to love all and have love empower us from the heart as heresy and evil. To them it spoke of left wing idealism of people being able to be nice and responsible, even while being sinners unredeemed and full of the Holy Spirit. And the pastors heart had never been touched by love, rather was full of group idiology to identify the enemy and expose them, who were destroying the church, and so I was heretic number 1.

It got so unusual because I was the legalist and they were the free grace people, yet I was preaching love and openness and they anger, vileness and condemnation. By their fruit shall you know them is certainly never more true in this situation. I just hope the light of Jesus's love can bear fruit in their lives. God bless you

PJ I'm responding out of courtesy since despite my clear post that I will not be participating in discussions for a long time , you continue to write / address me. Hence this response. I'll stick by my commitment and will NOT reply to anything you said / say about the Law of God. I believe we have taken our respective stances on that . Let us now patiently await the judgment day when we will face the Father and the Son. We'll certainly have all the answers that day. In view of that, let us patiently wait for the day and accept the verdict graciously. For sake of record, we are diametrically and dramatically on the opposite sides , and one of us will therefore be in desperate trouble after the verdict , going by logic. I'm willing to wait patiently.Will recommend you the same brother :) 🙏
We have valiantly and lucidly placed our respective cases in front of the Father. Let us now wait for Him to pronounce the verdict. Also a respectful reminder, everyone, I will NOT be responding to posts, temporarily. Taking a break from everything 😊
God bless everyone 🙏

Hi Rajesh,

I appreciate your response. It seems you have taken a definitive view on this subject. I was just sharing my understanding after many years of discussing and considering these issues from so many different angles.
I do not claim to hold the truth, but just to love Jesus and listen and share as I am led.

I discussed this type of issue about law and grace for years with one very provocative believer, who shared similarly that only one of us could be right. The trouble I had was not doctrinal but emotional. Some of the simplest situations that should have stirred them did nothing. One thing about Jesus He wept with people, had empathy and knew our suffering. A lot of what Jesus says and means cannot be seen or understood unless one is open emotionally and can reach out in love. Funnily for those who take the view we do not need to change at all, it is all grace through faith, they are happy to chop me up and destroy me in the most brutal ways possible. Some used language saying I was worse than a murderer, which is clearly absurd.

The problem with a purely theological view, one can manufacture a theology that justifies sinful behaviour and how one is without any hope of starting anew, or becoming a new creation literally from the bottom up, because it is all just spiritual language to do with the eternal spirit born into the believer that will never die, no matter what they do or who they become.

On a personal level, this for me is a waste of time, just white wash on a tomb of dead bones. The only difference with the pharisees is they hid their hypocrisy. But then I am truly interested in sharing love from the heart, and that is what attracted me to Jesus.

The problem with my position is I will always be open and sharing, loving and giving because that is life and how I walk. God bless you

Thank you for this question. I mention the question because when Jesus says love your brother as I have loved you, I go Amen. Now in sharing this, one believer said I was lying, was self righteous and trying to justify myself before God.

So I need another language to imply meaning to this subject. Imagine if words were just relationship expressions. Now if I say to someone as a loved child, to drive a car you need to learn to drive, go through an exam, pass and you are there. As a loved child you know you do not know how to drive, and am anxious about learning and passing, but because you are loved and trust your dad, you know they are saying they will help take you through the process.

If on the other hand any failure or not making the mark means you are rejected in the present, unloved, thrown out, and you need a fake cover so it can appear you can drive and have all the skills required, hearing about the road is like unbelief in the reality you have already qualified and so condemning.

Now I have met folk who feel this condemnation, anything which suggests failure or unresolved issues, rather than blessing the God is going to overcome these issues and His promise is transcendence in our lives through the Holy Spirit.

I once did not have this emotional lens on facts. Because everything in our lives is not neutral and has emotional power which we will ignore and run away from to cope, and run towards because it helps us.

For me a pastor or preacher is someone who Jesus has set free, and knows security and love in Christ and shines this light for all to see. Yet a pastor and leader of a congregation condemned me for saying Jesus calls us to love all and have love empower us from the heart as heresy and evil. To them it spoke of left wing idealism of people being able to be nice and responsible, even while being sinners unredeemed and full of the Holy Spirit. And the pastors heart had never been touched by love, rather was full of group idiology to identify the enemy and expose them, who were destroying the church, and so I was heretic number 1.

It got so unusual because I was the legalist and they were the free grace people, yet I was preaching love and openness and they anger, vileness and condemnation. By their fruit shall you know them is certainly never more true in this situation. I just hope the light of Jesus's love can bear fruit in their lives. God bless you
i understand - people for some reason condemn others really quickly and often - too bad - but God is not like that - there was grace/mercy right from the beginning - sin sacrifices for missing it as you say have been part of God's law so that everyone can find grace/mercy/love/unbroken fellowship with God

if you read what God said about the new covenant it says God's laws remain Hebrews 8:8-12 and some cool new abilities are given to everyone - and Jesus says the same thing - Matthew 5:19 - and so does paul - Romans 3:31

for me God's words / red words win and man's words have to bend
Joh_1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Heb_7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Rom_8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Rom_10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

i understand - people for some reason condemn others really quickly and often - too bad - but God is not like that - there was grace/mercy right from the beginning - sin sacrifices for missing it as you say have been part of God's law so that everyone can find grace/mercy/love/unbroken fellowship with God
I have learnt through my own life experience with people and on line, our emotional balances and compromises define us. We are very bad at knowing them or even being aware they exist, except when we come across other folk who react differently.

The emotional mindset or way of expressing oneself can trigger in others exaggerated responses because they assume they know who you are and how you function. So the phrase "the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom" to some folk is sinful. Fear is unbelief, so fearing God means you do not believe He loves you.

"Be perfect as the Father is perfect." This is only said to show how impossible it is to walk like Christ so we will only depend on him and not aspire to perfection.

Now in 2,000 years of the christian church, knowing respect for God, we are sinners saved by grace, is part of our place. There can be no presumption. But presumption for some is their faith, it is claiming the promises for themselves, rather than acknowledging all the promises God has given are true when He fullfills them and not because we think we understand them. I have met terrible anxious and insecure people who panic at shadows. One response is to provide army security and kill anyone who comes near, or help them to realise we are secure in heaven and in Christ, in eternity no matter what happens, so there is nothing worthy of real anxiousness or insecurity, other than in the normal everyday sense.

The apostles response was to stand up for the righteous walk unto death and not be cowards. Cowards do not inherit the Kingdom. It is love conquering the fear of death, "Oh death where is your sting". So deep insecurity and hard hearts have no place in gospel. Jesus showed His power turning fearful disciples into the Apostles who walked to their deaths glorifying Jesus.

Our walk. Emotional changing, building on the foundations of the cross and love through repentance, really does change us. Becoming like children again, takes away our censoring or pretending while staying the same. I am now 60+ and still a child of God at heart. I am the same as my brother and sister in Christ, a servant to His will.

But if you believe we are formed as we are and faith is just the outer shell on our emotional makeup and being, there is no change, or love breaking forth, or new life, or joy and peace reigning where sin, death and darkness reigned.

This divide is so deep, I cannot call such folk followers of Jesus and His way, because they openly deny that is our goal, "Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children" Eph 5:1

They hold a filter which will ignore Pauls intention and change its meaning, so what is clearly a promise and expectation becomes something different. And worse still such folk call us the enemy.
There are many who stand between the different camps, and are not sure where they lie. These folk are like seed on the good soil, still growing and working things through.

God bless you

'Joh_1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Heb_7:12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Rom_8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Rom_10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
****true about FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS/salvation/being accepted by God - but paul said don't void the law establish it - Romans 3:31 - and Jesus said the same - Matthew 5:19 - Matthew 5:17-20 - and God said in the new covenant His laws would remain and written on heart/mind and a cool new ability would be given to everyone - Hebrews 8:8-12 - since the trouble with the 1st covenant was not the law but the flesh - Romans 8:3-4 - and manmade laws - Matthew 23:2-5

GOD said if you love Him you WILL obey His commands - John 14:15 - and James says your works/keeping Gad's commands proves you have faith - James 2:18 - James 2:17 - James 2:26

I have learnt through my own life experience with people and on line, our emotional balances and compromises define us. We are very bad at knowing them or even being aware they exist, except when we come across other folk who react differently.

The emotional mindset or way of expressing oneself can trigger in others exaggerated responses because they assume they know who you are and how you function. So the phrase "the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom" to some folk is sinful. Fear is unbelief, so fearing God means you do not believe He loves you.

"Be perfect as the Father is perfect." This is only said to show how impossible it is to walk like Christ so we will only depend on him and not aspire to perfection.

Now in 2,000 years of the christian church, knowing respect for God, we are sinners saved by grace, is part of our place. There can be no presumption. But presumption for some is their faith, it is claiming the promises for themselves, rather than acknowledging all the promises God has given are true when He fullfills them and not because we think we understand them. I have met terrible anxious and insecure people who panic at shadows. One response is to provide army security and kill anyone who comes near, or help them to realise we are secure in heaven and in Christ, in eternity no matter what happens, so there is nothing worthy of real anxiousness or insecurity, other than in the normal everyday sense.

The apostles response was to stand up for the righteous walk unto death and not be cowards. Cowards do not inherit the Kingdom. It is love conquering the fear of death, "Oh death where is your sting". So deep insecurity and hard hearts have no place in gospel. Jesus showed His power turning fearful disciples into the Apostles who walked to their deaths glorifying Jesus.

Our walk. Emotional changing, building on the foundations of the cross and love through repentance, really does change us. Becoming like children again, takes away our censoring or pretending while staying the same. I am now 60+ and still a child of God at heart. I am the same as my brother and sister in Christ, a servant to His will.

But if you believe we are formed as we are and faith is just the outer shell on our emotional makeup and being, there is no change, or love breaking forth, or new life, or joy and peace reigning where sin, death and darkness reigned.

This divide is so deep, I cannot call such folk followers of Jesus and His way, because they openly deny that is our goal, "Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children" Eph 5:1

They hold a filter which will ignore Pauls intention and change its meaning, so what is clearly a promise and expectation becomes something different. And worse still such folk call us the enemy.
There are many who stand between the different camps, and are not sure where they lie. These folk are like seed on the good soil, still growing and working things through.

God bless you
yes amen - deep stuff that some do not get

but paul said don't void the law establish it - Romans 3:31 - and Jesus said the same - Matthew 5:19 - Matthew 5:17-20 - and God said in the new covenant His laws would remain and written on heart/mind and a cool new ability would be given to everyone - Hebrews 8:8-12 - since the trouble with the 1st covenant was not the law but the flesh - Romans 8:3-4 - and manmade laws - Matthew 23:2-5

Respectfully, I would suggest that this is God's law and the law taught by Paul:

[Rom 8:2 KJV] 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

[Rom 3:30-31 KJV]
30 Seeing [it is] one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

[Rom 8:4,7, 9-10, 16 KJV]
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
7 Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. ...
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness. ...
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Last edited:
Respectfully, I would suggest that this is God's law and the law taught by Paul:

[Rom 8:2 KJV] 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

[Rom 3:30-31 KJV]
30 Seeing [it is] one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

[Rom 8:4,7, 9-10, 16 KJV]
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
7 Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. ...
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness. ...
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
true - i agree with your assessment - if you know God's laws you know everything paul said to do or not do God already said in His laws -

so then the question is what laws are now void? - especially since paul said not God's laws in Romans 3:31 - this is what is void: the manmade laws - and the attempt to be saved by keeping God's laws - that's pretty much paul's message in a nutshell -

so then the question is what laws are now void? - especially since paul said not God's laws in Romans 3:31 - this is what is void: the manmade laws - and the attempt to be saved by keeping God's laws - that's pretty much paul's message in a nutshell -
IMHO, regarding salvation, I think that no law, except that which is stated within Romans 8:2, has power over eternal life. The laws of Romans 8:2 are also those laws which God spoke of as a part of the new covenant (Jer 31:33, Heb 8:8, Heb 8:13): laws that God, and God alone, places into the minds and hearts of those who are sanctified by Christ to know and believe in Him.
There are many laws that God gave to mankind to provide a standard of behavior to live by in this world, or to demonstrate a pattern of the heavenly law for our edification, but none which could ever deliver eternal life.
I think God's sole law for eternal life is this: that Christ alone is the Savior and therefore, He alone must save to the uttermost those who are to be saved: for such had God the Father so foreordained Christ as Savior and law of life. This I believe is why Paul could state that the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus alone had made him free from the law of sin and death - the law of Christ (or Christ) had freed/redeemed him (and all those saved) from the law of sin and death. Paul of himself, contributed nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back