Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the Law of God dead? And if yes, how?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can disagree on temptations not being sin also. Jesus said evil thoughts defile us. Temptations are thoughts to violate laws, primarily and are also involved with the tempter internally, the worst sinner who has ever existed, within, tempting. Make of that what you can.
We know by the resurrection of Jesus from the dead that He never committed sin.
But we know He was tempted during His forty day fast in the desert.
That alone should teach you that temptation isn't sin.
These are not past tense statements in Romans 7. Very much present tense (bold):
Romans 7:
14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
That was written in the present-historical tense.
Also called the present-narrative tense.
Written from the perspective of being there.
Correlates perfectly with Romans 3:9 as well. None of us are any better sinners than anyone else.
The thing is, we don't have to remain sinners.
God has given the Gentiles and well as the Jews the gift of repentance from sin.
Turning from sin makes one a non-sinner.
If sin crops up again, the repentance from sin was a lie to God.
Romans 7:
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Romans 7:
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Romans 7:
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Romans 7:
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
All those verses are about Paul's pre-conversion life walking in the flesh.
But as he made clear in Rom 7:5-6..."For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
He isn't in the flesh anymore.
Romans 7:
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
Which is in control?
The mind or the flesh?
Paul has finalized the separation of flesh and Spirit with his final Rom 7 verse.
As he is no longer in the flesh, his mind controls his service.

I noticed you didn't reply to the verses I used earlier that answered his plaints against the flesh.
From my prior post..."The biggest clue of his past perspective is that he answers some of his laments in other places.
For instance...Rom 7:23..."But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members."
This is answered in Rom 8:2..."For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death."
Rom 7:23 is in the past and Rom 8:2 is in the present perspective.
Another instance...Rom 7:24..."O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?"
This lamentation was answered already in Rom 6:6..."Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin."
And look at Rom 7:5..."For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death."
Isn't it apparent to you that he is not in the flesh anymore?
It is to me.
Exactly none of these are past tense applications.
You are correct.
They are present-narrative, a telling of a past story from a present perspective.
Anyone reading Paul and coming away with thoughts that they are not sinners i.e. sometimes sinless when not committing external actions of sin, thinking they are better than other sinners, or thinking that by some form of hoodoo, their own evil present serves the laws simply isn't paying attention. The above statements nail us all quite securely to the cross of being DEAD IN SIN as far as our mortal bodies are concerned, present tense.
Romans 8:
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
Dead bodies can't commit sin.
Who is in charge in your life?
Your skin and bones or your mind?
That's not "used to be dead because of sin" either.
Being a sinner is the very foundation of salvation by Grace through the Mercy of God in Christ, alone. Because we don't have sickem to give to God.
Remaining a sinner is the work of the devil, seeing as Christ made it possible o live without sin.
Jesus said..."And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin." (John 8:32-34)
I have been made free, thanks be to God !
You can be made free too.
Any notions that God "needs us" to perform are also useless. God is not "in need" of anything from anyone.
By His Own Will He Gives us LIFE EVERLASTING. It's a one way street.
In all honesty, we simply don't have a clue for the most part:
Colossians 3:
3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
As there is no sin "in God", there can also be no sin in those "in God".
Those walking in the Spirit don't commit sin.
As it is written..."For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." (Rom 8:3-4)
The choice is up to you.

Those walking in the Spirit don't commit sin.
As it is written..."For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit." (Rom 8:3-4)
The choice is up to you.
Although it's edifying to debate respectfully and scripturally -- even if at times debates turn acrimonious, I'm one of those Christians who keeps the END in mind before I read any book or chapter in the Bible. The advantage of doing this is THAT the end is an unchangeable ABOLOLUTE --- cannot be changed even if I/ somebody quotes 1000 verses. The End is the Judgment day, when each one of us will be placed under the scanner of the Christ and Judgment pronounced against which we have neither an appeal nor hope of overturning. It will be absolute and forever, and that's why its merits our attention.
I do not know every argument that will be upheld or rejected BUT the Scriptures tell us WHAT absolute and unchallengeable will happen :
1) People ( Christians or otherwise) will be made to stand in front of the Judge Jesus Christ and Hios host of angels
2) Our DEEDS will be placed under a scanner
3) Whoever had WORKS of loving-kindness will be sent to the group called SHEEP
4) All those who did NOT have deeds/works of loving-kindness will be sent to a group Jesus Called GOATS -- these were the condemned people
5) Jesus welcomes the SHEEP with love and affection ( precisely as they had given to the afflicted and needy in their lifetime)
6) Goats were condemned with harsh words of condemnation by Christ --- no love was given to those who did not learn to love and practice loving-compassion ( and vice versa for the loving compassionate people who were saved)
7) Jesus did NOT use the metric of FAITH on judgment day. Although the truth of the matter is it is FAITH that leads to obedience. If it didn't, that Faith, (as James declared in 2:20) "is dead without good works" And that's precisely what occurred.

My question to all brothers and sisters here is :
"CAN this scenario be changed --- no matter how many thousands of verses we quote?"
Am I missing anything in this Judgment day vision Jesus provided us in Matthew 25:31-46?

I believe it cannot be changed, for the vision is it's from Christ Himself and He is the judge. And yet if some think otherwise please explain scripturally WHY this will not play out word for word as Christ warned. but I'm willing to non-judgmentally and respectfully examine/ consider all replies.
This vision is provided by Christ in Matthew 25:31-46 and was absolutely in accordance/ agreement, and consistent with what He repeatedly taught throughout the Bible.

Bottom line: Christ used exactly the Metric/ Criterion he taught. Unfortunately, only a few listened/ practiced... I look forward to your responses.
The question again is: Can Christ's narrated vision ( Matthew 25:31-46) change on the day of judgment? If yes, why and how --please cite scripture. Thanks /\

Last edited:
The thing is, we don't have to remain sinners.
Yeah, well, if you're proposing that anyone is sinless, even for a nanosecond, I'd have to say we have a basic disfunction going on with that sight. And that would pretty much explain all the fighting against Paul's conclusions.

Many legalists don't care much for Paul, because he hammers home the fact that mankind are and remain sinners, and some, saved by Grace

I will fully agree that the law stands, contrary to some who try to eliminate the Word of God. I believe Jesus has spoken the standard for this matter in Matthew 4:4 and Luke 4:4, that man will live by every Word of God. Therefore it's very problematic to figure out how every Word actually applies to "us." That's a tough gig for anyone.

For example, some will claim the moral high ground, following the law. And obviously I would have no issues with anyone making such attempts...

but the caveat for me, personally, is I know, like Paul did, that the evil present within is never cooperative with God, so there's no sense trying to pull the wool over His Eyes.

When any of us come before God with a "whole honest heart" we do come bearing an evil conscience. Heb. 10:22

I prefer an honest setting is more beneficial with interactions with my Maker, even though that does bring a very certain fear to the table, knowing that God can and often does choose to deal with that evil present with me, adversely. Even when I think I'm GREAT. In fact especially when I think that. Because it's simply not true

4) All those who did NOT have deeds/works of loving-kindness will be sent to a group Jesus Called GOATS
I might suggest that anyone who is honest will come to the honest conclusion that even we as believers have both sheep works and goat works (when we're not doing sheep works for example)

That's an honest conclusion anyway. I'd expect my desire would be to be honest when hitting the hot seat. There will be a very certain elimination via fire of wood, hay and stubble for all of us who believe.

There's a very odd thing that happens when we read scripture. We try to entirely justify ourselves by any means possible.

Few take the other approach, the approach that Jesus prefers, in Luke 18:13

Take your place in the guilty seat, because it's true, and Hope for His Mercy in Christ, which is eternal

Christians are not sinners, but are called saints; holy ones

A sinner by definition needs salvation, and is separated from Christ.

For such a High Priest was fitting for us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and has become higher than the heavens; Hebrews 7 26

Saints, Christians, those who are born again, are joined to Christ, and are one spirit with Him.

But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.
1 Corinthians 6:17

If you don’t know the difference between sinner and saint, or joined and separated, then you really shouldn’t be posting in a Christian Forum, deceiving God’s people with Heresy.

JLB
And I think we're run our course on this one before JLB.

I do not believe that anyone other than Jesus is sinless.

You are welcome to your own opinion of yourself as sinless. I won't argue with you because you have the button.

I'm still wondering why the Jews who converted still kept the Law.

I think you and I are on the same page concerning the law of Moses, and the 10 Commandments. Although I don’t really refer to the Commandments as the “10” Commandments since we don’t observe the Sabbath laws as required by Moses.

The commandments and laws that Abraham walked in “by faith” as he walked with Lord and was taught directly by the Lord, were already a part of the covenant requirements long before the law was added, which is why the “10“ Commandments remained intact as part of the New Covenant when the law of Moses was taken out of the way.

IOW, the 10 Commandments are eternal, while the law of Moses was always temporary.

What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.
Galatians 3:19

The law of Moses was added to the Abrahamic Covenant, until the Seed, the Messiah should come.

By saying “until”, the Holy Spirit is indicating the law that was added, was temporary.

JLB

Do you feel there is really anything wrong with wanting to avoid pork and shellfish just because God once said the Jews must avoid it?

It depends on each person and their motive.

Christians who are persuaded that it’s a sin (unrighteousness) to eat pork or shellfish, are not eating pork or shellfish in order to be right with God, (justified) by the law of Moses.

Same thing with becoming physically circumcised.

JLB

And I think we're run our course on this one before JLB.

I do not believe that anyone other than Jesus is sinless.

You are welcome to your own opinion of yourself as sinless. I won't argue with you because you have the button.

As long as you continue to deceive my brothers and sisters in Christ, in a forum where I am a member, then I will continue exposing your false teaching that leads people to believe that born again Christians, saints of God, are no different than the sinners of this world, or the devil.

According to your doctrine, everyone is lumped together into one category: sinner

JLB

Nope. Not at all.
After all of Paul's travails against the Jews who refused to live by faith, he goes back to Jerusalem and hears..."Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law:" (Acts 21:20)

Do you feel there is really anything wrong with wanting to avoid pork and shellfish just because God once said the Jews must avoid it?
There is nothing wrong with eating pork or shellfish. Jesus said that all foods are clean. Also, keep in mind that the hygiene of hog raising is very, very different from the NT era (and before) and shellfish can be toxic if eaten at the wrong time of year.

Love God, love man is written in my heart, without the Law.
Your exploration of the goodness of the mind of God manifested in the Law is laudable, but you better never say "I can't eat that because I'm a Christian".
Know what I mean?
i don't talk or think like that - i think everything that came out of God's mouth is the highest form of wisdom for all time - i marvel when i find out how profound His eternal wisdom is on any subject - He spoke of things 4000 years ago that science is confirming - iow science is playing catchup with God -hallelujah - God is awesome

After all of Paul's travails against the Jews who refused to live by faith, he goes back to Jerusalem and hears..."Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law:" (Acts 21:20)
Jesus and the apostles including paul never broke the laws ever even until their death - Luke 4:16 - Acts 21:21-22 - Acts 21:23-24 - Acts 21:25-26 - the reason is that God had already said that anyone who does miracles and teaches to turn away from God's laws is to be stoned - Deuteronomy 13:1-5 - Matthew 5:17 - Exodus 31:16 - Deuteronomy 28:1 - Deuteronomy 28:9 - Deuteronomy 28:13-14 - Matthew 4:4 - Matthew 5:19 - Matthew 13:52 - Romans 3:31 - John 10:22-24 -

jews are taught torah from childhood - they know what God said about torah and they don't have a problem keeping it

gentiles do not know study understand torah at all and believe paul told them torah is impossible to keep so throw it out - this misunderstanding is the issue

We can disagree on temptations not being sin also. Jesus said evil thoughts defile us. Temptations are thoughts to violate laws, primarily and are also involved with the tempter internally, the worst sinner who has ever existed, within, tempting. Make of that what you can.

These are not past tense statements in Romans 7. Very much present tense (bold):

Romans 7:
14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Correlates perfectly with Romans 3:9 as well. None of us are any better sinners than anyone else.

Romans 7:
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

Romans 7:
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Romans 7:
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

Romans 7:
21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

Romans 7:
25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Exactly none of these are past tense applications.

Anyone reading Paul and coming away with thoughts that they are not sinners i.e. sometimes sinless when not committing external actions of sin, thinking they are better than other sinners, or thinking that by some form of hoodoo, their own evil present serves the laws simply isn't paying attention. The above statements nail us all quite securely to the cross of being DEAD IN SIN as far as our mortal bodies are concerned, present tense.

Romans 8:
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

That's not "used to be dead because of sin" either.

Being a sinner is the very foundation of salvation by Grace through the Mercy of God in Christ, alone. Because we don't have sickem to give to God.

Any notions that God "needs us" to perform are also useless. God is not "in need" of anything from anyone.

By His Own Will He Gives us LIFE EVERLASTING. It's a one way street.

In all honesty, we simply don't have a clue for the most part:

Colossians 3:
3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Thoughts are only thoughts that creep into our minds, but unless acted upon they are only thoughts, not sin, for they do not proceed out of the heart. We can not control the thoughts that come to mind.

Mark 7:18 And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;
Mark 7:19 Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?
Mark 7:20 And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.
Mark 7:21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
Mark 7:22 Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
Mark 7:23 All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

Going back to the OP, the law is not dead, but we are now dead to parts of the law Christ has already fulfilled.

To all those who think that all the laws have been fulfilled in Christ you are very wrong as below are the laws that are written upon our heart and can only be fulfilled when Christ returns and makes an end to sin by throwing it into the lake of fire with that of the beast and the false prophets. The only laws that Christ has fulfilled so far are that of the Temple and its sacrifices. Someone please show me in scripture where Jesus has fulfilled all the laws, because in Matthew 22:35-40 and Matthew 5:17, 18 Jesus does not say that he has already fulfilled all of them, but that love was the greatest of them all.

There are laws (commandments) of God that were especially written just for the Hebrews pertaining to the rituals of the Temple, sacrifices, festivals, Torah, Kohanim and Levites, the King and the Nazarite. Then there are the existing moral laws (commandments) for all of us to still follow as in prayers and blessings, love and brotherhood. The poor and unfortunate, treatment of the Gentiles, Marriage, divorce and family. Forbidden sexual relations, business practices, employees and servants. Vows, oaths, swearing, Court and Judicial procedures. Injuries and damages, property and property rights, criminal laws. Prophecy, idolatry and all its practices as the moral laws (commandments) keep us in line with the will of God.

I'm looking for my scissors so that I can cut this from my Bible: "So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God. For when we were in the realm of the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death. But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code." Romans 7:4-6

You're either under law or under grace. It's a binary, either/or situation.

On a separate note, in the verses in Matthew's gospel that you cite, Jesus was speaking to the Jews prior to His crucifixion. Once He died, was resurrected, and sent the Holy Spirit to guide us into all truth, the OT law -- all of it -- became obsolete for Christians. You're either under law or under grace, period.

Going back to the OP, the law is not dead, but we are now dead to parts of the law Christ has already fulfilled.

To all those who think that all the laws have been fulfilled in Christ you are very wrong as below are the laws that are written upon our heart and can only be fulfilled when Christ returns and makes an end to sin by throwing it into the lake of fire with that of the beast and the false prophets. The only laws that Christ has fulfilled so far are that of the Temple and its sacrifices. Someone please show me in scripture where Jesus has fulfilled all the laws, because in Matthew 22:35-40 and Matthew 5:17, 18 Jesus does not say that he has already fulfilled all of them, but that love was the greatest of them all.

There are laws (commandments) of God that were especially written just for the Hebrews pertaining to the rituals of the Temple, sacrifices, festivals, Torah, Kohanim and Levites, the King and the Nazarite. Then there are the existing moral laws (commandments) for all of us to still follow as in prayers and blessings, love and brotherhood. The poor and unfortunate, treatment of the Gentiles, Marriage, divorce and family. Forbidden sexual relations, business practices, employees and servants. Vows, oaths, swearing, Court and Judicial procedures. Injuries and damages, property and property rights, criminal laws. Prophecy, idolatry and all its practices as the moral laws (commandments) keep us in line with the will of God.

Very nicely written and explained 🙏

i don't talk or think like that - i think everything that came out of God's mouth is the highest form of wisdom for all time - i marvel when i find out how profound His eternal wisdom is on any subject - He spoke of things 4000 years ago that science is confirming - iow science is playing catchup with God -hallelujah - God is awesome

Do you worship at the Temple in Jerusalem and sacrifice animals for your sins as God said?

As long as you continue to deceive my brothers and sisters in Christ, in a forum where I am a member, then I will continue exposing your false teaching that leads people to believe that born again Christians, saints of God, are no different than the sinners of this world, or the devil.

According to your doctrine, everyone is lumped together into one category: sinner

JLB
The false teaching that people are sinners?

Pardon me for having one of the most fundamental positions of Christianity held by the majority of believers for hundreds of centuries

I'm not a Jew.
The Law of Moses doesn't apply to Gentiles.
Besides, the Lord opened the door to previously unclean foods with the very vision you cite.
That isn't remotely true, especially because you didn't cite any passage that legitimately supports your claim. God stated multiple times in the Law that the foreigners in the Israelite community were responsible for keeping the same laws and customs as the native Israelites(Exo. 12:49, Lev. 7:7, Num. 15:16, 29). The Sabbath command itself includes the foreigner among the parties who were supposed to keep that day holy:

“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates." - Exo. 8-11

Furthermore, God inspired an incident to be recorded in Lev. 24:10-16 where an Eygptian male blasphemed God while he was in a fight with an Israelite male, and God had that Egyptian stoned to death. It's almost as if God wanted Moses to record that because He knew "Christians" would be making these kinds of bogus and easily debunkable claims in the future when they say the Law didn't apply to Gentiles.

Additionally, Paul and Christ both stated that true Christians are Jews in Rom. 2:28-29, Rev. 2:9, and Rev. 3:9. When a "Christian" say they aren't a Jew, that's an automatic red flag that they're not truly converted at all and have no part in the New Covenant promises, as Paul succinctly taught in Gal. 3:28-29. Christians were grafted into the tree of Israel and become just as much a Jew as someone who is born Jewish when they are truly converted. I strongly advise you to read and actually think about what Paul had to say concerning Jews and Gentiles being the same group of people in Romans and Galatians.

It's funny how "Christians" love to quote what Paul says about how Jews and Gentiles are one in Christ until it means having to face the obligation of keeping the Law. At that point, the discussion suddenly turns into a matter of whether someone was born a Jew or not. When Gentiles became part of the Israelite community under the former covenant, they had to conform themselves to the Israelites' religion if they wanted the same blessings the natural-born Israelites received from God. And as Paul taught in Gal. 3 and Rom. 11, that hasn't changed under the former covenant.

I don't agree, especially after reading "I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean." (Rom 14:14)
And..."For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer." (1 Tim 4:4-5)
Whether or not you agree doesn't matter to me, nor is it relevant in light of what the Bible says.
Don't you realize that you are the one "forbidding..."?
I'm not the one forbidding anything. That's your warped interpretation.
I suppose you feel circumcision is also necessary for salvation?
I mean, we can't keep just part of the Law now, can we?
We must keep all of it...right?
Point to where i said circumcision is necessary, otherwise you're making wild assumptions from an extremely flawed position. The scriptures teach in no uncertain terms that physical circumcision is unnecessary and that it cannot save anyone. What it doesn't do is conclusively say the entire Law is to be thrown out as obsolete. According to your logic, Gen. 1 is to be thrown out(and yes, you're arguing this because the entire book of Genesis is part of the Law), as well as God's position on homosexuality on other things He considers to be sin.

Although it's edifying to debate respectfully and scripturally -- even if at times debates turn acrimonious, I'm one of those Christians who keeps the END in mind before I read any book or chapter in the Bible. The advantage of doing this is THAT the end is an unchangeable ABOLOLUTE --- cannot be changed even if I/ somebody quotes 1000 verses. The End is the Judgment day, when each one of us will be placed under the scanner of the Christ and Judgment pronounced against which we have neither an appeal nor hope of overturning. It will be absolute and forever, and that's why its merits our attention.
I do not know every argument that will be upheld or rejected BUT the Scriptures tell us WHAT absolute and unchallengeable will happen :
1) People ( Christians or otherwise) will be made to stand in front of the Judge Jesus Christ and Hios host of angels
4) All those who did NOT have deeds/works of loving-kindness will be sent to a group Jesus Called GOATS -- these were the condemned people
5) Jesus welcomes the SHEEP with love and affection ( precisely as they had given to the afflicted and needy in their lifetime)
6) Goats were condemned with harsh words of condemnation by Christ --- no love was given to those who did not learn to love and practice loving-compassion ( and vice versa for the loving compassionate people who were saved)
7) Jesus did NOT use the metric of FAITH on judgment day. Although the truth of the matter is it is FAITH that leads to obedience. If it didn't, that Faith, (as James declared in 2:20) "is dead without good works" And that's precisely what occurred.

My question to all brothers and sisters here is :
"CAN this scenario be changed --- no matter how many thousands of verses we quote?"
Am I missing anything in this Judgment day vision Jesus provided us in Matthew 25:31-46?

I believe it cannot be changed, for the vision is it's from Christ Himself and He is the judge. And yet if some think otherwise please explain scripturally WHY this will not play out word for word as Christ warned. but I'm willing to non-judgmentally and respectfully examine/ consider all replies.
This vision is provided by Christ in Matthew 25:31-46 and was absolutely in accordance/ agreement, and consistent with what He repeatedly taught throughout the Bible.

Bottom line: Christ used exactly the Metric/ Criterion he taught. Unfortunately, only a few listened/ practiced... I look forward to your responses.
The question again is: Can Christ's narrated vision ( Matthew 25:31-46) change on the day of judgment? If yes, why and how --please cite scripture. Thanks /\
Nothing can change the fact that there is a day of judgement coming .
What can be changed is our behavior now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back