Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the Law of God dead? And if yes, how?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Status
Not open for further replies.
those weren't God's laws - show me where God said it is a sin to heal on the sabbath? - in fact God said feed and water your animals on the sabbath - save life on the sabbath

chewing grains on the sabbath is also not against God's laws - you are allowed to eat on the sabbath and eating a handful of grain is fine - working your fields that you earn a living from and making money on sabbath is all God said not to do

God never said you couldn't go into the homes of the uncircumsized

see that is what i mean - anti-nomians have no idea what exactly God said you can and can't do

every law you cited was a man-made law - Jesus and paul were all the time rebuking hypocrites about how the hypocrites make man-made laws that nullify God's laws -
Mark 2:27-28, " Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.” "

I don't know what could be clearer than that. The Sabbath was created for one purpose only: to give people a rest, a.k.a., a day off. Life was hard in Biblical times, so God's command was/is necessary to rest from regular daily work. Showing mercy to others takes precedence, as does healing.

you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God. For when we were in the realm of the flesh, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death. But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code." Romans 7:4-6
the law of sin and death - read the whole chapter in context - there are 2 sides
1. the law of sin and death - the flesh - works - earning salvation by works etc
2. the holy laws of God - the Spirit - the law of the Spirit of life

so are you saying you now think murder and adultery and dishonest business is ok?

so what do you do with this scripture then - do we nullify the law? no we establish it? - do you want to cut that out of the bible too? - Romans 3:31

or anyone who breaks God's laws and teaches others to do so is the least in the kingdom - Matthew 5:19

everyone taught in the law who is also in the kingdoms has old and new treasures - Matthew 13:52

God never said to stop keeping the law - paul is hard to understand for people who have no idea what the law says - 2 Peter 3:16

Matthew 5:19 - whoever does and teaches God's laws is great in the kingdoms of heaven

jaybo do you want to cut this out too?

can you see that i have nt backing for what i am saying - and you have the same - so there is something that needs investigating to find out how both statements are being made?

Mark 2:27-28, " Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath. So the Son of Man is Lord even of the Sabbath.” "

I don't know what could be clearer than that. The Sabbath was created for one purpose only: to give people a rest, a.k.a., a day off. Life was hard in Biblical times, so God's command was/is necessary to rest from regular daily work. Showing mercy to others takes precedence, as does healing.
of course - did i say anything other than that? - all God said is don't work or make your servants or you animals work - REST

if you are triggered/angered/disgusted by this topic and find it hard to speak to me as a friend i can stop replying to you

i didn't tell you or anyone what to do - i am simply saying you anti-nomians are misunderstanding paul - i can discuss this with you or not - it makes no difference to my peace and happiness

those weren't God's laws - show me where God said it is a sin to heal on the sabbath? - in fact God said feed and water your animals on the sabbath - save life on the sabbath
The Pharisees felt it counted as "labor", and done on the Sabbath made it illegal.
chewing grains on the sabbath is also not against God's laws - you are allowed to eat on the sabbath and eating a handful of grain is fine - working your fields that you earn a living from and making money on sabbath is all God said not to do
It was the gathering of "grain" that Jesus and the disciples were chastised for.
God never said you couldn't go into the homes of the uncircumsized
Was Peter wrong when he said..."And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; " (Acts 10:28) ?
see that is what i mean - anti-nomians have no idea what exactly God said you can and can't do
It is apparent that the Jews considered quite a few things as "Law" that you don't.
So by accepting some of them into your life, it really doesn't matter which "Laws" you choose to accept, as all of them have been eclipsed by the new covenant
every law you cited was a man-made law - Jesus and paul were all the time rebuking hypocrites about how the hypocrites make man-made laws that nullify God's laws -
Even if true, none of them apply to members of the New Testamant.
The big 9 are written on our hearts.
God doesn't care what we eat.

The Pharisees felt it counted as "labor", and done on the Sabbath made it illegal.

It was the gathering of "grain" that Jesus and the disciples were chastised for.

Was Peter wrong when he said..."And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; " (Acts 10:28) ?

It is apparent that the Jews considered quite a few things as "Law" that you don't.
So by accepting some of them into your life, it really doesn't matter which "Laws" you choose to accept, as all of them have been eclipsed by the new covenant

Even if true, none of them apply to members of the New Testamant.
The big 9 are written on our hearts.
God doesn't care what we eat.
yes - that is what Jesus made a point of - get back to God's laws and cut out the man-made stuff - God's laws are holy and man-made laws have a self-serving ungodly agenda

again - if you can't find it in God's laws it is a man-made law - Mark 7:13

yes - that is what Jesus made a point of - get back to God's laws and cut out the man-made stuff - God's laws are holy and man-made laws have a self-serving ungodly agenda

again - if you can't find it in God's laws it is a man-made law - Mark 7:13
Which authored the "eat no pork" mandate?

the law of sin and death - read the whole chapter in context - there are 2 sides
1. the law of sin and death - the flesh - works - earning salvation by works etc
2. the holy laws of God - the Spirit - the law of the Spirit of life

so are you saying you now think murder and adultery and dishonest business is ok?

so what do you do with this scripture then - do we nullify the law? no we establish it? - do you want to cut that out of the bible too? - Romans 3:31

or anyone who breaks God's laws and teaches others to do so is the least in the kingdom - Matthew 5:19

everyone taught in the law who is also in the kingdoms has old and new treasures - Matthew 13:52

God never said to stop keeping the law - paul is hard to understand for people who have no idea what the law says - 2 Peter 3:16
So are you saying you now think murder and adultery and dishonest business is ok? I won't respond to your post since it has nothing to do with what I wrote.

"So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God." Romans 7:4

"Paul is hard to understand for people who have no idea what the law says" is a misquote.

"[Paul's] letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction." 2 Peter 3:16b NIV

I don't get the picture at all. What do you mean when you write "However, if I concede to the fact that my own mind is subject to temptations of lawlessness by the adversary, then technically, on the surface, the law is against me, UNLESS I take a closer look and see who the law is really against."?
The law is against the lawless

Satan is lawless

Therefore the law is our friend

No one is denying that Satan could ever be forgiven or that he is the one that tempts us
Great. Then you finally understand "who" in the formula is totally depraved.

The simplicity of total depravity is shown, clearly, in Mark 4:15. And it has nothing to do with the persons and everything to do with their captor

Maybe you can quit looking at everything but the real culprit now?

Those who recognize their sin and cease from them will be saved.
Sorry. I don't believe anyone is sinless, not even for a nanosecond nor do I believe that sinless perfection is taught in the Bible.

That position was forever reserved for the Spotless Lamb of God

Believers don't commit sin.
1 Timothy 1:15

This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Romans 7:
19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

Romans 3:
9 What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin;

Satan is lawless

This doesn't logically follow. The law is against the lawless; Satan is lawless; therefore the law is (logically) against Satan. It is not logical from the above to conclude that "the law is our friend".

Galatians 2:19-21, "For through the law I died to the law so that I may live to God. I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So the life I now live in the body, I live because of the faithfulness of the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not set aside God’s grace, because if righteousness could come through the law, then Christ died for nothing!"

This doesn't logically follow. The law is against the lawless; Satan is lawless; therefore the law is (logically) against Satan. It is not logical from the above to conclude that "the law is our friend".
I'm sure you're familiar with the axiom, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

So it is with the law.

As far as God's Word, we "live" by every Word of God. Matt. 4:4, Luke 4:4

The challenge is how to find LIFE in the LAW, and Paul is abundantly clear how that works in Romans 13:8-10

Anyone who reads any command and doesn't come to the same conclusion Paul did is not equipped to deal with the law at all

The law is spiritual, Romans 7:14. There is zero point to read about shrimp and pigs in the law because they are "similitude's" for spiritual matters.

In 1 Cor. 9:9-10 Paul takes a very obscure law of the O.T. and turns the meaning entirely on its head, even defining his statement of the law "as it is written" but you won't find it written anywhere unless you've followed the rules of understandings.

Paul taught the the lives of Abraham, Sarah, Isaac, Hagar, Ishmael and THE LAW are allegory. Gal. 4:24

It's much more fascinating than surface skims and external empirical impositions

Satan, an invisible entity, is MOVED by the law, Mark 4:15

The Word is alive and active.

Really, it's just a pity when "believers" toss it aside so casually when it's completely unnecessary.

Satan is lawless

It is written..."Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;" (1 Tim 1:9-10)
Are you not righteous?

It is written..."Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;" (1 Tim 1:9-10)
Are you not righteous?
I am a lowly sinner, saved by the Grace of God in Christ. A totally unmerited conveyance on my part.

As to the law, I love every Word of God. It all stands, secure and active, regardless of those who seek to diminish it

1 Timothy 1:15
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

Yes, agreed.

Of all the sinners Christ came to save, Saul of Tarsus was at the top of the list, and probably the most important one of all.

JLB

I am a lowly sinner, saved by the Grace of God in Christ. A totally unmerited conveyance on my part.

As to the law, I love every Word of God. It all stands, secure and active, regardless of those who seek to diminish it
If you love every Word of God, how come you don't love this: "We are Jews by birth and not Gentile sinners, yet we know that no one is justified by the works of the law but by the faithfulness of Jesus Christ. And we have come to believe in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by the faithfulness of Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified." Galatians 2:15-16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back