Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Is TULIP biblical?

Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned—
Romans 5:12

Depravity is not mentioned. You added your word to scripture, as you always seem to do.

Men are born in sin for sure.

But men must choose to believe the Gospel and serve God.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

The Gospel message of salvation is for whoever believes.

JLB
Man is born dead, dead to God Rom 5:15

But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Man needs to be made alive first before they can hear, see, believe.

And ? Changes not the fact that TULIP is the Truth of the Gospel.
Could you tell me who is the originator of
( TULIP is the truth of the Gospel) I understand you feel you have proved this to be true, but please provide a scripture that more directly makes the statement.

TULIP, to a redneck, is not as well supported as Trinity (as an example).

In my ignorance, side notes usually are the source of such statements. Jewish Christians often quote traditions. Gentile Christians usually quote commentaries. Some quote early church Fathers.

Source please.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Romans 5:15 kjv

But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Some issues:
Many be dead ( in no way does it say all are dead)

The grace of God and the Grace of Jesus
1. The Grace of creation (Father and Son) Romans 1:20 (things of God are seen in things that were made).
2. The grace of the Gospel (Father sent Jesus with a mission to accomplish solution).

Verse 15 is also a solution, and not just a disaster.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

And ? Changes not the fact that TULIP is the Truth of the Gospel.
Ezekiel 18
The word of the LORD came unto me again, saying, What mean ye, that ye use this proverb concerning the land of Israel, saying, The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge? As I live, saith the Lord GOD, ye shall not have occasion any more to use this proverb in Israel. Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die. vss.1-4
Yet say ye, Why? doth not the son bear the iniquity of the father? [/b]When the son hath done that which is lawful and right, and hath kept all my statutes, and hath done them, he shall surely live. vs.19

The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him. vs.20

Yet ye say, The way of the Lord is not equal. Hear now, O house of Israel; Is not my way equal? are not your ways unequal? vs.25

Calvinism believes Jn/3:15-16.... That is literally what it says///do you believe it, or do you hate the biblical God so much you will deny His word?

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. John 3:16-17

God loves the world, and sent His Son to die on the cross so that whoever from among the world who believes in Him would become saved.

JLB

The whole world is not going to be saved

Only those from the world who believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ will be saved.

First they must hear the Gospel, then believe in order to be saved.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Paul teaches us the step by step process that occurs for a person in the world to become saved.

For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”
How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written:
“How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace,
Who bring glad tidings of good things!”
But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “LORD, who has believed our report?” So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:13-17

• how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard?

A person from the world must hear and believe the Gospel to be saved.

JLB

Jlb, this indicates you are spiritually in rebellion to God. What do you think the Father gives all these people to the Son for???

What did the Father give Judas Iscariot to His Son for?

The word elect does not have to be included in every verse does it? What a foolish post you make, all because you resist truth.

Yes, the word elect must be included to be in view of the context.

God so loved the world… the elect refers to the Jews.

Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
2 Timothy 2:10

Here we see Paul desiring that they elect would also obtain salvation.

Elect refers to the Jews; God’s chosen people.

The Jews were chosen, not for salvation, but to be the bloodline of the Messiah.

(for the children not yet being born, nor having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works but of Him who calls), Romans 9:11

Elect; election refers to elected for purpose, not elected for salvation.

If you believe elect refers to elected for salvation, then you are in gross error and are teaching an unbiblical concept.

Here is some context for verse 11 from Romans 9 —

I tell the truth in Christ, I am not lying, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Spirit, that I have great sorrow and continual grief in my heart. For I could wish that I myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my countrymen according to the flesh, who are Israelites, to whom pertain the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the service of God, and the promises; of whom are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came, who is over all, the eternally blessed God. Amen. Romans 9:1-5

• of whom are the fathers and from whom, according to the flesh, Christ came,

The context of Romans 9 is clear, and refers to the people God chose, elected, to be bloodline through which the Messiah would come.

IOW’s He chose Jacob over Esau, not for salvation, but for the PURPOSE of being the lineage of the Messiah.

JLB

If God wanted the world to be saved. He would save them/ He does not

God gives every people the right to choose whether to serve Him or not.

Each person must choose.

• And if it seems evil to you to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve

Now therefore, fear the LORD, serve Him in sincerity and in truth, and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the River and in Egypt. Serve the LORD! And if it seems evil to you to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.” Joshua 24:14-15

Every person who is in the world must choose to believe and therefore obey the LORD or not.

• but he who does not obey the Son will not see life

He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”
John 3:36

JLB

Man needs to be made alive first before they can hear, see, believe.

Yes, man is born dead in trespasses and sins.

The only way for man to be saved is to hear and believe the Gospel.

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life”.

God loves everyone in the world and desires for them to be saved.

That’s why He sent His Son to die on the cross for each and everyone in the world.

JLB

Last edited:
Yes, man is born dead in trespasses and sins.

The only way for man to be saved is to hear and believe the Gospel.

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life”.

God loves everyone in the world and desires for them to be saved.

That’s why He sent His Son to die on the cross for each and everyone in the world.
Act 13:47 For so the Lord has commanded us, saying, “‘I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.’”
Act 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord, and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed. (ESV)

How many were saved?

How many were saved?
as many as were ordained to eternal life believed. Act.13:48

Luke means as many as believed the gospel, (which God decided in Eden He would humble and save sinners by.)

.....it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 1Cor.1:21

By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. Heb.11:5

God gives every people the right to choose whether to serve Him or not.

Each person must choose.
I follow your orderly steps. I would add one step back into
Our conversation. I am not saying you do not believe it. In fact it supports the save the world view.

The people of the Ezekiel dispersion (the ones who grieved over the sins of Israel) taught about God to the nations into which they went. If the nations believed about God they were blessed physically. This was not the Gospel.

At the end of the 400 years of silence. Repentance was preached. Not yet the gospel. John the Baptist prepared the way of needing (some good news / the gospel).
Which John the Baptist presched about the one who came after him which was: Jesus.

First about God
Then repentance.
Then salvation in Christ Jesus
Then Baptism of Holy spiritual to be able to preach the whole story.

TULIP to this redneck:
Leads people to start the journey to the Gospel. It is Not Good news. TULIP is a list of things that failed to bring eternal life. Is it in the Bible? Yes

Se must overcome:
Depravity. T
Our attempt to be like God. U
Limited steps to salvation L
Resisting the plan of God. I
Not Depending on our works P

I think the Roman Road is a much easier concept to support.

Repent
Believe in the work of Jesus
Receive the Holy Spirit to have power to be a witness

Mississippi redneck
eddif

as many as were ordained to eternal life believed. Act.13:48

Luke means as many as believed the gospel
That’s half of that verse. He tells us how many. What’s the other half that tells us how many?

That’s half of that verse. He tells us how many. What’s the other half that tells us how many?
Acts 2:41 says "about three thousand souls", but we need to remember these writers are counting people who profess faith in Jesus. Only God knows who really believes in Him.

That's the point of the law vs. grace.

Acts 2:41 says "about three thousand souls", but we need to remember these writers are counting people who profess faith in Jesus. Only God knows who really believes in Him.

That's the point of the law vs. grace.
I’m clearly not asking about Acts 2:41. How many were saved in Acts 13:48?

Back