Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Is TULIP biblical?

Nothing we do is gonna make God love us.

That's unconditional election
He (God) works in us to will and do of His good pleasure.

It is a viewpoint issue. We see through a glass darkly. Why try and make it our work.

God works the conditions.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

If I get it wrong comment.
I am sure brightflame will offer his own comments as he gets to it, but I would like to jump in a bit here.
Total Depravity - caused the flood
Adam's fall into sin and death cause mankind to be totally depraved. That is who man is when conceived....alienated from the life of God as Eph2 describes. Man's constant love of and practice of sin caused the judgment of the flood.
5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth,
and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

All through the bible it describes mans fallen and depraved condition;
Eccl.8
11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.
eccl.9:3 This is an evil among all things that are done under the sun, that there is one event unto all: yea, also
the heart of the sons of men is full of evil, and madness is in their heart while they live, and after that they go to the dead.

Unconditional election - works of law do not bring salvation (all sorts of conditions under the law)
We cannot do anything in and of ourselves to be saved. God had planned to redeem a multitude of dead sinners, and bring them savingly to Jesus. Nothing in them caused God to elect them.
God had a perfect reason to elect each one, in His perfect wisdom. Not one more, and not one less person could be saved.

Limited Atonement - turning from sin under the law, only helps heal the land physically.
The land has nothing to do with the atonement. it has to do with the Covenant death that Jesus died for the elect as their surety, mediator, and High priest.God saves all those He intends to save, no more, no less.
Irresistible Grace - evil always resists grace.
Evil men, sinners always resist grace. Irresitable grace, is the saving love of God to His elect that is always effectual and is not ultimately resisted. We are born resisting the true God, until he makes us willing in the day of His power.
Perseverance of saints- God’s perseverance brings the victory.
Yes, God finishes the work in us, by enabling us to obey ,trusting Him and His promises.
Now maybe I chose wrong words. Help me see errors I made.
If you want sources on it, do not be afraid to ask.
Mississippi redneck
eddif

Strange
God created everything. Even the dry ground. Up front God gets the glory.

Evil arises to steal kill and destroy. Try’s to get glory and be above God. No points given for that.

God overcomes evil with good. God gets praise and glory for that work.

Satan tries to destroy but ultimately fails.

Why rewrite things so that the driving force is evil.( total depravity)?

In the end evil is punished for eternity. God gets the praise for that too.

Evil comes as a messenger of light, but it is actually darkness and not light.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
You calling the Gospel of Gods Grace strange.

If I get it wrong comment.

Total Depravity - caused the flood
Unconditional election - works of law do not bring salvation (all sorts of conditions under the law)
Limited Atonement - turning from sin under the law, only helps heal the land physically.
Irresistible Grace - evil always resists grace.
Perseverance of saints- God’s perseverance brings the victory.

Now maybe I chose wrong words. Help me see errors I made.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Total Depravity is the result of sin and death . When Adam sinned, man sinned and it brought about death and depravity. Rom 5:12

Nothing we do is gonna make God love us.

That's unconditional election

Jason, how is God loving us unconditional election?

God loves the world, and gave His Son to die for it.

Is the all world the elect?

Will all the world be saved?

JLB

Total Depravity is the result of sin and death . When Adam sinned, man sinned and it brought about death and depravity. Rom 5:12

Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned—
Romans 5:12

Depravity is not mentioned. You added your word to scripture, as you always seem to do.

Men are born in sin for sure.

But men must choose to believe the Gospel and serve God.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

The Gospel message of salvation is for whoever believes.

JLB

The bible teaches Penal Substitutionary atonement.
The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin. Deu.24:16 KJV
You seem content to miss the cross.
whoever does not take up his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life because of me will find it.
Mt.10:38-39 NET
God punishes sin, not the ungodly
the Lord disciplines the one he loves,
and chastises every son whom he receives.” Heb.12:6 ESV

Be keenly aware that just as a parent disciplines his child, the LORD your God disciplines you. Deu.8:5 NET

Endure your suffering as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is there that a father does not discipline?
Heb.12:7 NET
But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. Heb.12:8 KJV

Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; Heb.5:8 KJV

Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent. Rev.3:9 KJV

The debate never ends lol 😝
Honestly? I see foreknowledge and predestination all over Scripture. I look 👀 around and I see many falling away some persevering. But…by whose power?

Debate.never.ends

Where the rubber meets the road in my corner of the world 🗺️ doctrine doesn’t change much about church ⛪️ or church culture. The reformed churches in this area tend to be full of more upper classes people who are on the softer end of conservative or they’re affirming etc full of people who haven’t yet truly repented but need structure community and meaning…
And who aren’t quite ready to go Unitarian.

The Pentecostal church ⛪️…ugh. I saw a cop gesturing towards me as I drove by one near me on my way to my parents house 🏠. Ugh 😣 they seem to have a wider social class range which is good 😌 and biblical…
But the reactionary sometimes cruel sort of conservative mindset is…not appealing.

Pentecostal churches here seem to do more for poor people. The more established Presbyterian churches here do good work too but their numbers are dwindling. That’s true nationwide but it’s sad 😞 to me to see it happening here…
Things fall apart. It is what it is…

The debate never ends lol 😝
Honestly? I see foreknowledge and predestination all over Scripture.
Because of his adversaries pride, God decided to save people who humble themselves.
By that foreknowledge, God decided to allow his adversaries time to repent for rebelling against Him, before appearing in His Presence,

you may not look directly at my face, for no one may see me and live.
Exo.33:20 NIV

I look 👀 around and I see many falling away some persevering.
The Bible shows many stories of exactly the same things. Isn't that funny?

And I set my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all that is done under heaven; this burdensome task God has given to the sons of man, by which they may be exercised. Ecc.1:13 NKJV
But…by whose power?
That depends on who you think is running the show. I'm confident I know Who's running the show no matter how bad things may seem He's still in Charge.

No, The Son dies ...for everyone believing, not all.

That’s what Calvinism teaches, not the scriptures.

For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. John 3:17

God desires for everyone in the world to believe in His Son, and be saved.

JLB

Of course not, the elect are the multitude the Father gives to The Son jn6:37

The Father gave Judas Iscariot to the Son.

While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled. John 17:12

Judas was given to the Son, and was predestined to reign with Him and the other 11 in the age to come, but became a traitor.

So Jesus said to them, “Assuredly I say to you, that in the regeneration, when the Son of Man sits on the throne of His glory, you who have followed Me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. Matthew 19:28

Judas always had a choice to continue following the LORD or not, just like each and everyone else who calls upon His name and are saved.

JLB

Of course not, the elect are the multitude the Father gives to The Son jn6:37

All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. John 6:37

No mention of the elect.

Judas was given to Him by the Father.

Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
2 Timothy 2:10

Paul desired for the elect to also obtain salvation.

The elect refers to the Jews.

JLB

No..only the elect children scattered worldwide.

God loves the world and desires for the world to be saved.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. John 3:16-17

That’s what Calvinism teaches, not the scriptures.
Calvinism believes Jn/3:15-16.... That is literally what it says///do you believe it, or do you hate the biblical God so much you will deny His word?
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. John 3:17
The whole world is not going to be saved
God desires for everyone in the world to believe in His Son, and be saved.
God has never intended to save every person/ Anyone who reads a bible knows this.

All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. John 6:37

No mention of the elect.
Jlb, this indicates you are spiritually in rebellion to God. What do you think the Father gives all these people to the Son for??? Jesus says all that are given will come...salvation is in view. The word elect does not have to be included in every verse does it? What a foolish post you make, all because you resist truth.
Judas was given to Him by the Father.
not savingly, like Israel as a nation was elected, but not all Israel was of Israel, romans 9
Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
2 Timothy 2:10

Paul desired for the elect to also obtain salvation.

The elect refers to the Jews.
This reveals your dispensational problem. as all saved persons, Jew and Gentile are elect.

God loves the world and desires for the world to be saved.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. John 3:16-17
If God wanted the world to be saved. He would save them/ He does not

1 Corinthians 1:11 kjv
11. For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the houseof Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
12. Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13. Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
14. I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;
15. Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.
Calvinism believes Jn/3:15-16.... That is literally what it says///do you believe it, or do you hate the biblical God so much you will deny His word?
We all have to look at ourselves and see if we are group related rather than body related.

The body of Christ is Not an individual sports team. A team that gathers together and all do the high five together saying (we are the elect team)
Rah Rah Rah we are of:
Calvin
Luther
Arminius
Enter your group here (xxxxxx)

We are the corporate body of Christ Jesus.
One is a:
Hand
Eye
Ear
etc.

Just because a group has 3 million members on their team, they have all the only answers.

We do Not say:
We are the liver, so we do not need the nasty kidneys. Let’s just surgically remove them from fellowship.

The letters to the churches in Revelation show differences in a congregation may need adjustment. I can’t deny that, but there is order to getting that done. If someone repents forgive them.

Enough redneck rambling
eddif

Back