Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Is TULIP biblical?

Men can hear Spiritually when they are given spiritual ears in the new birth. In new birth men are given spiritual circumcised ears to hear Matt 11:15

He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Acts 7:51
Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

You have provided no passage of scripture to back up your statement that says… “All men are born without hearing”.

The only way to be born again is to hear and believe the Gospel, just like they did on the day of Pentecost.

Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”
Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:37-38

When they “heard this” they were cut to the heart.

The Pharisee’s heard and believed and were born again.

JLB

You have provided no passage of scripture to back up your statement that says… “All men are born without hearing”.

The only way to be born again is to hear and believe the Gospel, just like they did on the day of Pentecost.

Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”
Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. Acts 2:37-38

JLB
The unregenerate person, spiritually dead, doesnt have spiritual ears to hear Gods word.

JLB
Men cant hear spiritually not until God imparts to them in the New Birth the spiritual faculty to hear, hence ears to hear and a spiritual heart to understand what they hear spiritually. Jn 8:43

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
Jesus tells us who it is that hears the words of God spiritually Jn 8:47
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

If a person isnt born of God they cannot hear spiritually.

The unregenerate person, spiritually dead, doesnt have spiritual ears to hear Gods word.
Luke 16:20 kjv
10. And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
21. And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23. And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
26. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would comefrom thence.
27. Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
28. For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
29. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
30. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
JLB help
8 people (some physically dead, and some alive), but all hearing or able to hear and speak.

1. Abraham one who heard and speaks.
2. Lazarus alive spiritually being comforted.
3. Rich man dead physically and spiritually, but heard and made the wrong choice. (Is conversing.
4-8 brothers dead spiritually but alive and able to hear. (brothers of the rich man.)

Everything here seems to agree more or less with JLB

brightfame52 try not to dodge this Bible passage.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Reactions: JLB
10. And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
21. And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
22. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
23. And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
25. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
26. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would comefrom thence.
27. Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
28. For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
29. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
30. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
31. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
JLB help
8 people (some physically dead, and some alive), but all hearing or able to hear and speak.

3. Rich man dead physically and spiritually, but heard and made the wrong choice. (Is conversing.
4-8 brothers dead spiritually but alive and able to hear. (brothers of the rich man.)

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Seems to me the rich man and Lazarus are Old Testament people and they hear and speak. Plus the rich spiritually dead man wants more good for his brothers than he chose. The rich man hears and speaks.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

LOL!!!

You keep making these ridiculous claims, yet never have any scripture to back up your unbiblical claims.

Please show me the scripture that says… “The unregenerate person, spiritually dead, doesnt have spiritual ears to hear Gods word.”

The only way an unregenerate, spiritually dead person can become saved is by hearing and believing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. Romans 1:16

Everyone who believes!

JLB

Men cant hear spiritually not until God imparts to them in the New Birth the spiritual faculty to hear, hence ears to hear and a spiritual heart to understand what they hear spiritually. Jn 8:43

Jesus tells us who it is that hears the words of God spiritually Jn 8:47
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

If a person isnt born of God they cannot hear spiritually.

Nothing here says …. “Men cant hear spiritually not until God imparts to them in the New Birth“

Those are your own words from the unscriptural teachings of Calvinism.

The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation… to everyone who believes.

Everyone.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. Romans 1:16

JLB

JLB help

Mississippi redneck
eddif

He s trying to convince everyone that a person must get saved first, then they can believe the Gospel.

When you ask him how a person becomes saved before they hear and believe the Gospel, he doesn’t know, and can’t explain how from the scriptures.

TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY BACKWARDS.

If a person is already saved without hearing and believing the Gospel of Jesus Christ, why then did Jesus need to suffer and die on the cross?

JLB

Last edited:
He s trying to convince everyone that a person must get saved first, then they can believe the Gospel.

When you ask him how a person becomes saved before they hear and believe the Gospel, he doesn’t know, and can’t explain how from the scriptures.

TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY BACKWARDS.

JLB
Would we say that the total depravity of the time of Noah, brought into our time, blocks the Gospel?

He (brightfame52) declared Able saved. Able was aware of God, but offering a correct sacrifice is a type and shadow of looking forward to Jesus sure enough.
Some things the last trump is when we know the full story.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Would we say that the total depravity of the time of Noah, brought into our time, blocks the Gospel?

Total depravity of Nephilim giants who were the offspring of the sons of God and daughters of men?

They weren’t human.

They had corrupted the earth except Noah and his family.

Yes, the Nephilim were depraved.

JLB

Seems to me the rich man and Lazarus are Old Testament people and they hear and speak. Plus the rich spiritually dead man wants more good for his brothers than he chose. The rich man hears and speaks.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Nope, the Spiritually dead doesnt have spiritual ears to hear spiritually.

LOL!!!

You keep making these ridiculous claims, yet never have any scripture to back up your unbiblical claims.

Please show me the scripture that says… “The unregenerate person, spiritually dead, doesnt have spiritual ears to hear Gods word.”

The only way an unregenerate, spiritually dead person can become saved is by hearing and believing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Everyone who believes!

JLB
As Jesus said, He that is of God hears Gods words Jn 8:47

One must be born of God to hear Gods words.

Nothing here says …. “Men cant hear spiritually not until God imparts to them in the New Birth“

Those are your own words from the unscriptural teachings of Calvinism.

The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation… to everyone who believes.

Everyone.

JLB
One must be born of God to hear Gods words, otherwise man cannot hear them nor understand them Jn 8:43,47

He (brightfame52) declared Able saved. Able was aware of God, but offering a correct sacrifice is a type and shadow of looking forward to Jesus sure enough.
Some things the last trump is when we know the full story.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Abel was born of God, he had Faith which is the fruit of the Spirit Heb 11:4

4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

As Jesus said, He that is of God hears Gods words Jn 8:47

One must be born of God to hear Gods words.

You keep repeating the same thing but have yet to give a scripture that validates what you say.

Please post the scripture that says… “On must be born again to hear God’s words.”

As we see from scripture, these unsaved, Jews and Pharisee’s heard the Gospel message and were saved.

AGAIN, no one gets saved without hearing and believing the Gospel.

Otherwise you have a “Christ-less” salvation.

JLB

One must be born of God to hear Gods words, otherwise man cannot hear them nor understand them Jn 8:43,47

No scripture says that a person must be born again, in order to hear and believe the Gospel.

Can you explain how a person is born again without hearing the Gospel?

JLB

You keep repeating the same thing but have yet to give a scripture that validates what you say.

Please post the scripture that says… “On must be born again to hear God’s words.”

As we see from scripture, these unsaved, Jews and Pharisee’s heard the Gospel message and were saved.

AGAIN, no one gets saved without hearing and believing the Gospel.

Otherwise you have a “Christ-less” salvation.

JLB
Jesus specifies who it is that hears spiritually Jn 8:47

No scripture says that a person must be born again, in order to hear and believe the Gospel.

Can you explain how a person is born again without hearing the Gospel?

JLB

Jesus specifies who it is that hears spiritually Jn 8:47

This verse doesn’t say… “a person must be born again, in order to hear and believe the Gospel.”

The preaching of the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation.

Please explain how a person is saved, born again, regenerated if they have not heard and believed the Gospel message of salvation ?

JLB

Back