Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Is TULIP biblical?

One must be born of God to hear Gods words, otherwise man cannot hear them nor understand them Jn 8:43,47

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Please explain how a person is born again before they hear and believe the Gospel message of salvation?

JLB

This verse doesn’t say… “a person must be born again, in order to hear and believe the Gospel.”

The preaching of the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation.

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek. Romans 1:16

Please explain how a person is saved, born again, regenerated if they have not heard and believed the Gospel message of salvation ?

JLB
Jesus specifies who it is that hears spiritually Jn 8:47

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

Please explain how a person is born again before they hear and believe the Gospel message of salvation?

JLB
Jn 8:47

He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

One is Born of God by the Spirit Jn 3:7-8

7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Must be born of the Spirit

Jesus specifies who it is that hears spiritually Jn 8:47

Please explain to us how a person is born again without hearing and believing the Gospel.

JLB

Please explain to us how a person is born again without hearing and believing the Gospel.

JLB
I already stated that. One cannot hear Gods words unless they are born of God Jn 8:43,47

Total depravity of Nephilim giants who were the offspring of the sons of God and daughters of men?

They weren’t human.

They had corrupted the earth except Noah and his family.

Yes, the Nephilim were depraved.

JLB
I actually just read men’s hearts were only evil continually. Noah believed the warning and built a boat to save life.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

I actually just read men’s hearts were only evil continually. Noah believed the warning and built a boat to save life.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Noahs heart by nature was evil continually, however God gave him grace, so he believed because of grace Gen 6:5-9

5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

God saved Noah, regenerated him and gave him Faith

Noahs heart by nature was evil continually, however God gave him grace, so he believed because of grace Gen 6:5-9

5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

God saved Noah, regenerated him and gave him Faith
How did God get through to Noah. There is a specific path explained in scripture
IMHO. Not doctrine of man but by design of God.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

How did God get through to Noah. There is a specific path explained in scripture

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Really brightfame52 the answer is almost in your post 347. It just has to be tweaked a little. A lot of your scriptures brush up against the answer.

To me the confirming evidence is in the totality of what Noah did.

To be honest I have never seen the answer (so that I could explain it) till this post.

I will be curious to see if others can look at what Noah did, and understand how God spoke to Noah.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

I already stated that. One cannot hear Gods words unless they are born of God Jn 8:43,47

I did not ask you about hearing.

I asked you to explain to us how a person becomes saved without hearing and believing the Gospel.

JLB

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Yes Noah heard and obeyed.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
How did God get through ?? Same way He communicated the Gospel to Abraham, that's not difficult for God. Gal 3:8

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

How did God get through ?? Same way He communicated the Gospel to Abraham, that's not difficult for God. Gal 3:8

8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
Actually that may help.

The through vs the by is a huge amount of the answer.

The one new man, made of both is still a little dim.

The one has the source by the other.

This is just the way my mind works.

I am trying to go from both ends to get to understand the middle combination.
Two offspring that are different but ultimately getting where God is. Needing each other.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

I gave you the response Im going to give you, take it or leave it

You didn’t answer the question.

Please explain to us in this thread, how a person becomes saved, before they hear and believe the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Your “claim” is that a person must be saved first before they can believe the gospel.

So please explain how it is a person becomes saved if they have never heard nor believed in Jesus Christ.

To wondering, and @ediff as well as everyone in this thread:

This question always goes unanswered by brightfame and everyone who promotes the teachings of Calvinism.

To be saved without ever hearing and believing the message of Jesus Christ, is a “Christ-less” gospel of man.

JLB

Actually that may help.

The through vs the by is a huge amount of the answer.

The one new man, made of both is still a little dim.

The one has the source by the other.

This is just the way my mind works.

I am trying to go from both ends to get to understand the middle combination.
Two offspring that are different but ultimately getting where God is. Needing each other.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
So tulip is the Gospel.

You didn’t answer the question.

Please explain to us in this thread, how a person becomes saved, before they hear and believe the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Your “claim” is that a person must be saved first before they can believe the gospel.

So please explain how it is a person becomes saved if they have never heard nor believed in Jesus Christ.

To wondering, and @ediff as well as everyone in this thread:

This question always goes unanswered by brightfame and everyone who promotes the teachings of Calvinism.

To be saved without ever hearing and believing the message of Jesus Christ, is a “Christ-less” gospel of man.

JLB
I gave you the response Im going to give you, take it or leave it

I would tone down (everyone)

I attended a country church that was supposed to be Calvinistic.
Half (?)had no idea what TULIP was.

The sermons (in hindsight) were a Baptist / Confession /Ceremonial mix. No one seemed offended. There were however a few that were very Calvinistic in our area.

Correct Theology seems to be a lot of Bible study, prayer, low self ego, and what are you baptized into.

Get um: lost, saved, empowered. I suppose I would have to say there are a few (lol) things that I discuss that very few seem to have noticed.

The comment by some:
Whoever will may come
Is over the gate of heaven

If you walk through the gate and look back
You read:
Saved from the foundation of the world, is (on the heaven side of the gate).

Pure human thought? Was not my statement.

One group is by faith
The other is through faith.

There is one name under Heaven whereby you may be saved. His name is Jesus

Our battle is not against flesh and blood.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

I would tone down (everyone)

I attended a country church that was supposed to be Calvinistic.
Half (?)had no idea what TULIP was.

The sermons (in hindsight) were a Baptist / Confession /Ceremonial mix. No one seemed offended. There were however a few that were very Calvinistic in our area.

Correct Theology seems to be a lot of Bible study, prayer, low self ego, and what are you baptized into.

Get um: lost, saved, empowered. I suppose I would have to say there are a few (lol) things that I discuss that very few seem to have noticed.

The comment by some:
Whoever will may come
Is over the gate of heaven

If you walk through the gate and look back
You read:
Saved from the foundation of the world, is (on the heaven side of the gate).

Pure human thought? Was not my statement.

One group is by faith
The other is through faith.

There is one name under Heaven whereby you may be saved. His name is Jesus

Our battle is not against flesh and blood.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

I don’t really understand your point.

Do you realize that Calvinism promotes the teaching that the “elect” are a group of people that were elected for salvation, and were somehow “saved“ , regerenated, and born again before they ever heard and believe the message of salvation through Jesus Christ?

IOW’s their salvation had nothing to do with believing in Jesus and the Gospel. They believe they were saved before hearing and believing.

When asked how these “elect” were born again, without ever hearing of Jesus Christ or His work on the cross, then can’t answer.

Brightfame specifically promotes that men must first be saved, then later they can believe.

JLB

Last edited:
Yes Noah heard and obeyed.
8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord. that is why he moved with fear.
7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

Back