Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Is TULIP biblical?

Salvation is for those obey Jesus Christ.

The teaching or doctrine of Calvinism is what I am exposing as unbiblical. Not the Calvinist people.

JLB
It is the biblical truth that you oppose, you cannot even explain it, so

When did Noah become born of God?

JLB
Would we say the same time as Jorah?

There can be a lot of symbolism discussed. All leads ultimately to Jesus.

In the case of Abraham we can go to New Testament comments about what Abraham was thinking.

What is the physical and which is the spiritual.

Right now start with JLB’s question.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

When did Noah become born of God?

JLB
I dont know, however he was given faith, so he had to be born of God, for faith is the fruit of the Spirit, the natural man doesnt possess it. Heb 11:6-7

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

And my response which is unanswered was,

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 1Cor.15:3

For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: 1Cor.11:23

Ought not Christ to have suffered these thingsand to enter into his glory? Lk.24:26

contradiction of sinners against himself, Heb.12:3

Suffering betrayal. Suffering contradiction against himself.

Against Jehovah, and against His Messiah: Psa.2:2 YLT[/B]

So TULIP is the gospel for people who don't understand that the "gospel Paul delivered" said Jesus was betrayed by sinners.
Well again, the Truths of Tulip are the Gospel Truths of Grace. I have nothing against the scriptures you provided, Tulip is still the Gospel

And my response which is unanswered was,

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 1Cor.15:3

For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: 1Cor.11:23

Ought not Christ to have suffered these thingsand to enter into his glory? Lk.24:26

contradiction of sinners against himself, Heb.12:3

Suffering betrayal. Suffering contradiction against himself.

Against Jehovah, and against His Messiah: Psa.2:2 YLT[/B]

So TULIP is the gospel for people who don't understand that the "gospel Paul delivered" said Jesus was betrayed by sinners.
Actually you are getting into a lot of viewpoints.

Overall / general
Specifics of suffering
Beyond simplistic

A lot of us get a glimpse of a truth, but try to find some glasses to clarify the thought. We can’t seem to find the best glasses.
(Through a glass darkly)
And our projector for others to see is out of adjustment too.

We press on to the high calling in Christ Jesus.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

I dont know, however he was given faith, so he had to be born of God, for faith is the fruit of the Spirit, the natural man doesnt possess it. Heb 11:6-7

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
Hebrews 11:1 kjv
1. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Faith for our ancient forefathers were sometimes for what was right at their feet.

We today are looking for things a little more beyond our location and is more assurance for the future. Things hoped for).

Abraham however was looking beyond a city made by man. He was looking for the New Jerusalem.

Hebrews 11:10 kjv
10. For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker isGod.

One has to read the whole passage.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

I fear that you don't respond to many questions because you can't.
I've heard the above from you many times.
When YOU ask a question, it always gets answered.

This is your response in post 345:
I already stated that. One cannot hear Gods words unless they are born of God Jn 8:43,47

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

It would SEEM to be a good verse, but, unfortunately, it does not take into account the rest of scripture.

John 8:43-47
43Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say.
44You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
45Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me!
46Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me?
47Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”

In reading the above, we have to keep in mind 2 important verses:

Romans 6:16
16Don’t you know that when you offer yourselves to someone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one you obey—whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?
Listen carefully to what Paul is saying...
When we PRESENT OURSELVES to someone....
we are slaves to the one WE OBEY.

We Present Ourselves
We obey

Nowhere in that scripture does it state that someone (even God) decrees/ordains/predistinates something for us.
It states that WE PRESENT OURSELVES...
OURSELVES

And it state that we OBEY
WE obey.

It's up to each one of us, individually, to present ourselves to God or the evil one,
and it's up to us to obey the one we want to obey.
That will make us the child of God or the child of the evil one.

1 Corinthians 2:12-14
12What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us.
13This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.
14The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

Persons that have not accepted the sacrifice of Jesus and are not walking in the Spirit of God, cannot understand the words of God....in fact, they are foolishness to them.
The lost do not understand Christianity.
Those that are born again understand the things of the Spirit.

John 8:43-47 is referring to the above two scriptures.

If you read all carefully, you'll find that nowhere is it taught that God forced anything upon anyone and that God did not predestinate any action and that our actions depend on OURSELVES - some with the help of the Holy Spirit of course.
brightfame52

Are you going to reply to the above?
Hmmm. Are you able to?

Ed what have you read to learn about these specific teachings?
Have you looked online to see if any teaching is available?
Reading the Institutes and one of the confessions would be a good start for the other member.

Of course, reading the bible with no preconceived ideas would be the ideal.

Hebrews 11:1 kjv
1. Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Faith for our ancient forefathers were sometimes for what was right at their feet.

We today are looking for things a little more beyond our location and is more assurance for the future. Things hoped for).

Abraham however was looking beyond a city made by man. He was looking for the New Jerusalem.

Hebrews 11:10 kjv
10. For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker isGod.

One has to read the whole passage.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Faith is the fruit of regeneration/ the Spirit.

Typical.
You can't reply.

My post is still valuable for those reading along.
Your non response shows that calvinism cannot be sustained with either the bible or even plain common sense.
Take it or leave it. If you dont like my replys too bad, I dont care for yours.

Take it or leave it. If you dont like my replys too bad, I dont care for yours.
I can believe that you don't like mine!

And where is your apologetic spirit?
§Don't you enjoy explaining why you're reformed in theology?

Is it possible that every other Christian denomination does not agree with yours and
yet you insist that yours is the correct one?

Is it possible that for 1,500 years the church got doctrine all wrong and then, Luther came along and decided to change everything?

I guess the church of God was waiting for him to come along and discover the truth....?!

The 1689 conf.of faith would get the job done.
Sure. Unfortunately it takes the place of the bible and twists all scripture it posts to suit its purposes.

And when are you going to explain the difference between these words,
which you claim I don't understand?

DECREE
ORDAIN
PREDESTINATE

Again, Thanks.

Back