Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Is TULIP biblical?

Let me add what I inferred in 348

Noah looked at creation and heard God thought (?) (God saw his creation as very good. Romans 1:20)
Human as well as animal. So in agreement Noah agreed with God. Noah built a boat to carry:
Elephants
Rhino
Buzzards
Clean and unclean alike.

Noah did not just think just clean but both.

We need the idea we can take sinners into heaven. We are not the boat , but Jesus is the way. Now we work to carry sinners to heaven. Jesus is the way to be born again.

Not a smaller boat for our little group.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
What do you mean by LITTLE GROUP?

No we are not told that, this is for Timothy here, not you.

Right. It is for Timothy.
But it's still an ACTION that HE must take.
This shows that WE MUST TAKE ACTION...(at one time or another as stated in the NT).
We wouldn't be told to take action IF Paul knew that, anyway, God was going to handle everything because He had predestinated it.

The verse does not say that. why pervert the text?
What DOES the verse say?
Stating that is not what it says, does not make it so.
(if you don't agree with me at least say why).

It does not say that! It says literally this grace was given to us In Christ before time. You pervert it, so you can try and dance around it.
I wish you would post the verse....
You're referring to this:

Wondering said:
Verse 7: The Holy Spirit, which Timothy had received, gives the power to proclaim the word.

Verse 7 of 2 Timothy 1:6-11 states:
7For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.

So, in the case of Timothy, a preacher, WHAT did he receive power for?
WHY am I wrong?
What do YOU think it means?

Sheep are drawn to the truths of grace, goats reject it.
At the END, Jesus will separate the sheep and the goats.
NOT until the end.
Matthew 25:31-32
31“But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne.
32“All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.

It is the biblical truth that you oppose, you cannot even explain it, so

I explain perfectly my posts by using scripture.

The simple truth that a person must hear and then believe the Gospel message of salvation in order to become saved.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
John 3:16

God loves everyone in the world, so much so, that He sent His only begotten Son to die on the cross for them… that whoever believes would have everlasting life.

God loves everyone in the world, not just a small select few called the “elect”.

For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. John 3:17

Again, no person is saved without hearing and believing the Gospel message of Jesus Christ.

If you believe a person must first be saved, then later on they believe, then please explain to us from the scriptures how a person becomes saved without ever hearing and believing in Jesus Christ.

JLB

I dont know, however he was given faith, so he had to be born of God, for faith is the fruit of the Spirit, the natural man doesnt possess it. Heb 11:6-7

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

The faith Noah received was for building the Ark.

Faith comes by hearing God.

You are promoting the idea that people are saved first, then they believe.

My question to you is, how does a person become saved, born again without ever hearing and believing the Gospel?

JLB

I can believe that you don't like mine!

And where is your apologetic spirit?
§Don't you enjoy explaining why you're reformed in theology?

Is it possible that every other Christian denomination does not agree with yours and
yet you insist that yours is the correct one?

Is it possible that for 1,500 years the church got doctrine all wrong and then, Luther came along and decided to change everything?

I guess the church of God was waiting for him to come along and discover the truth....?!
I dont know what you talking about, the Gospel of Grace is ancient !

The faith Noah received was for building the Ark.

Faith comes by hearing God.

You are promoting the idea that people are saved first, then they believe.

My question to you is, how does a person become saved, born again without ever hearing and believing the Gospel?

JLB
Noah had Faith, thats the fruit of the Spirit, so he was regenerated, thats the only way one hears Gods word Jn 8:47

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

When did Noah become born of God?

JLB
JLB post 378
Would we say the same time as Jorah?

There can be a lot of symbolism discussed. All leads ultimately to Jesus.

In the case of Abraham we can go to New Testament comments about what Abraham was thinking.

What is the physical and which is the spiritual.

Right now start with JLB’s question.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
eddif post 383
……..
Noah was carried in a desperate time to a better time with a better covenant.

Jonah was not going to Nineveh to preach.
After a ride in the Belly of a fish to sea weeds (to bottom of sea?) he was willing to go

Paul was against The Way / Christians till he was blind then healed and filled with the Holy Spirit.

We are doomed till we are buried with Christ Jesus (In Christ). Then filled with the Holy Spirit.

All these are changed at the Resurrection / last trump.

God works in many ways to bring us to where we need to be.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

What do you mean by LITTLE GROUP?
Our 2 million member denomination / 200 member sect / cult / individual

As opposed to dropping our (I am of Paul or i am of Apolllos.

1 Corinthians 1:12 kjv
12. Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13. Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Sure. Unfortunately it takes the place of the bible and twists all scripture it posts to suit its purposes.
W, all the numbers at the end of each section are bible verses that you do not know, maybe you can look them up and learn something, instead of making empty posts.
And when are you going to explain the difference between these words,
which you claim I don't understand?

DECREE
ORDAIN
PREDESTINATE
Not only did I answer you several times which you failed to grasp, I posted 8 consecutive links that began to go over the meanings. If you cannot get your lazy butt to read through them and learn for a change, that is on you, not me. What am I supposed to read them for you?
Again, Thanks.
Your welcome.

This shows that WE MUST TAKE ACTION...(at one time or another as stated in the NT).
We wouldn't be told to take action IF Paul knew that, anyway, God was going to handle everything because He had predestinated it.

What DOES the verse say?

Wondering said:
Verse 7: The Holy Spirit, which Timothy had received, gives the power to proclaim the word.

7For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.

WHY am I wrong?
here you seek to hide from verses 9-10 once again, because they are game over,lol Timothy and his gift , have nothing to do with what we were discussing, this does;
9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:
Are you going to make believe you did not see it???:nono:nono:hysterical

NOT until the end.
31“But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne.
32“All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; 33and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left.
You can mock Election all you want, but it has already taken place.

Well again, the Truths of Tulip are the Gospel Truths of Grace.
It's only Grace if sinners realize sin against the Son is sin against God Himself.

And "according to the law" Jesus had the right to have His adversaries put to death.
I have nothing against the scriptures you provided,
You do in how I see them.

I see mercy as recognizing Jesus didn't have blink to destroy all rebellion on earth whether human or evil spirit.

And now can you admit the rebellion against Jesus was truly sin against God?
Tulip is still the Gospel
It isn't since the above is the Truth. The Messiah have proven His Superiorty over all.

I told you this before. Our Lord said scripture which soeaks of gentiles (like most people here) would you hear about God from this Jewish King and High Priest.

Any normal thinking human being knows that tormenting and killing an innocent man and perverting the law to do it is wrong.

Deny what happens every day. What we see. Even atheists are guided by a moral sense of knowing the law from a culture that adopted it from the Bible (like the USA did 200+ years ago)
or, by conscience from their parents, etc.

You believe human beings are born and raised by parents who have no moral guidence left from before Adam and Eve sinned.

Our God blesses all sinners in ways we should all consider.

Actually you are getting into a lot of viewpoints.

Overall / general
Specifics of suffering
Beyond simplistic

A lot of us get a glimpse of a truth, but try to find some glasses to clarify the thought. We can’t seem to find the best glasses.
(Through a glass darkly)
And our projector for others to see is out of adjustment too.

We press on to the high calling in Christ Jesus.

Mississippi redneck
eddif
I think the problem is the "mirror image" stopped being His Image for many when they found out being "conformed to His Image" meant loving sinners who conspired to murder them.

His expectation hasn't changed. I'm thankful for each day.

I think the problem is the "mirror image" stopped being His Image for many when they found out being "conformed to His Image" meant loving sinners who conspired to murder them.

His expectation hasn't changed. I'm thankful for each day.
That was pretty good.
How do we do this?

The mirror IMHO is how we see ourselves (could be a dim mirror at first).
Through a glass darkly is how we try to see what we will be.

The news of a good creation is first
Sin entering comes second
The bad news comes third
The repentance comes fourth
The good news comes fifth
The empowerment comes sixth
The Resurrection total change comes seventh

Out of time (eternity begins again)

None of the order of operation is set in stone. I may have left something out or added a step. others can help.

The Law and TULIP are a sort of mirror. The law contains some hints of things to come (Which Jesus fulfilled).

That lets TULIP have a use, but it is sure not the Good news part. This is all about using the law lawfully.

The eyes of understanding being oppened to the hope of our calling is the good outcome.

Ephesians 1:18 kjv
18: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,
19. And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20. Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
21. Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
22. And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
23. Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

I hope I be done did that right.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Our 2 million member denomination / 200 member sect / cult / individual

As opposed to dropping our (I am of Paul or i am of Apolllos.

1 Corinthians 1:12 kjv
12. Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.
13. Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Mississippi redneck
eddif
Anyone who believes that Jesus is God,
The Trinity,
That He died for our sins
That He rose again....

Is a member of one denomination: The Church, The Body of Christ.

Within that body there are incorrect teachings.
Unorthodox teachings are most probably not correct (although not in every case).

W, all the numbers at the end of each section are bible verses that you do not know, maybe you can look them up and learn something, instead of making empty posts.

Not only did I answer you several times which you failed to grasp, I posted 8 consecutive links that began to go over the meanings. If you cannot get your lazy butt to read through them and learn for a change, that is on you, not me. What am I supposed to read them for you?

Your welcome.
You NEVER explained the difference between
DECREE
ORDAIN
PREDISTINATE

This is because THEY ALL MEAN THE SAME.

And your language is horrendous.
Why are Calvinists so mad all the time?

It must be frustrating to belong to a denomination no other Christian sect believes has the truth.

here you seek to hide from verses 9-10 once again, because they are game over,lol Timothy and his gift , have nothing to do with what we were discussing, this does;
9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

I explained the above.
It's not my fault if you don't understand it.
There's a lot you don't understand.

The character of God would be the very first thing on the list.

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:
Are you going to make believe you did not see it???:nono:nono:hysterical

You can mock Election all you want, but it has already taken place.
Mock Election?

Why would I mock something that is not even found in the bible?
You think God chose YOU to be one of the elect?

Is the way you speak to persons a result of God's work in your life?
I think not.

What DOES the verse say?

Wondering said:

WHY am I wrong?

NOT until the end.
Why don't you answer the above instead of being so insulting?

Because YOU CANNOT.
You're UNABLE to explain your own beliefs.

Back