Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is vegetarianism or veganism against Christianity?

It is written..."For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace." (Rom 6:14)
Sin still has dominion over those under the Law.

The way you are interpreting this verse you are calling the law sin.

This would be the proper interpretation:

The law of sin shall not have dominion over you because with grace you are not under the law of sin and death.

Law of sin:
Rom 3:23
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Law of sin and death:
Rom 3:20,21
20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.

Sin had dominion over everyone before God's gift of salvation.

It wasn't the law that gave sin dominion over everyone.

The law only defines what sin is.

As a believer we are not under the law. (Of sin) and the law (of sin and death).

Craving twinkies and potato chips are a sin?

That's great stuff.

You went from twinkies and chips are a sin, to gluttony.

Because a Christian eats chips or has a twinkie is not sin.

But you can have your opinion of what you think the Bible says.

I will stick with the text and sound Pastors and theologians.

And I love my bacon wrapped shrimp.

Grace and peace to you.

If a person is so worried about their diet and runs marathons that exercise is a must daily .

I call that idolatry.

I'm not against that but I know that to train for that takes a lot that you will and can be sucked into idolatry. I knew a guy who rode his bike 40 miles a day and it wasn't cheap and he got convicted that it was his idol

I do think as a whole there is a diet problem in the church .

A chicken is kosher

My wife having killed ,gutted and cooked chickens has said they will eat their own .they will eat anything .

Bugs,put a grinder up person out in the field they will eat it. Chickens are scavengers too .

If a person is so worried about their diet and runs marathons that exercise is a must daily .

I call that idolatry.

I'm not against that but I know that to train for that takes a lot that you will and can be sucked into idolatry. I knew a guy who rode his bike 40 miles a day and it wasn't cheap and he got convicted that it was his idol

I do think as a whole there is a diet problem in the church .
I agree 100%.

Obesity is a huge problem.

Lack of self-control.

I even see obese Pastors that seem to be doctrinally sound.

Just goes to show we are a bunch of wretched sinners saved by the grace of God.

A chicken is kosher

My wife having killed ,gutted and cooked chickens has said they will eat their own .they will eat anything .

Bugs,put a grinder up person out in the field they will eat it. Chickens are scavengers too .
As an Executive Chef in different hotels, we have rented out the kitchen to Jewish clients.

They will bring all their own pots, pans, cooking utensils, all flatware for place settings.

The bring in flat tops, grills and different equipment to cook. Portable on sight trailer refrigerators.

If I remeber correctly we had to clear out our meat/produce walk-in so that they coul convert it to Kosher.

I believe me and my people had to take time off with pay because we could not be in the kitchen.

It was absoulutely insane.

Apologies for going on a tangent.

As an Executive Chef in different hotels, we have rented out the kitchen to Jewish clients.

They will bring all their own pots, pans, cooking utensils, all flatware for place settings.

The bring in flat tops, grills and different equipment to cook. Portable on sight trailer refrigerators.

If I remeber correctly we had to clear out our meat/produce walk-in so that they coul convert it to Kosher.

I believe me and my people had to take time off with pay because we could not be in the kitchen.

It was absoulutely insane.

Apologies for going on a tangent.
And that is one thing I don't think the pro-Kosher crowd in this thread understand. My wife is an interior designer and has worked with at least one Jewish family. They had an entirely separate kitchen for non-Kosher food, complete with utensils and such.

If a person is going to claim to eat Kosher, they probably should know these things and actually eat Kosher. Of course, I don't know if every practicing Jew does this.

And that is one thing I don't think the pro-Kosher crowd in this thread understand. My wife is an interior designer and has worked with at least one Jewish family. They had an entirely separate kitchen for non-Kosher food, complete with utensils and such.

If a person is going to claim to eat Kosher, they probably should know these things and actually eat Kosher. Of course, I don't know if every practicing Jew does this.

And that is one thing I don't think the pro-Kosher crowd in this thread understand.

Excellent point, I have not heard any of that from the pro-Kosher people.

Not all practicing Jews do this from my understanding.

A city here outside of Cleveland has a huge Jewish population in the community.

I am told their kitchens span many floors in the buildings for Kosher and non Kosher foods, absolutely massive from what I was told.

A chicken is kosher

I agree 100%.

Obesity is a huge problem.

Lack of self-control.

I even see obese Pastors that seem to be doctrinally sound.

Just goes to show we are a bunch of wretched sinners saved by the grace of God.
I submit

These pure water for most is not existent and r o the purist can't be consumed for mass quantity as it will remove electrolytes and also well eat piping .

Chemicals are added to remove contagions and even with treatment some trace elements of impurities from the source ( pollution) can be found

I'm not against bottled water or well .just that's a other topic as water is often sold as safe when it's simply municipal water .

I submit

These pure water for most is not existent and r o the purist can't be consumed for mass quantity as it will remove electrolytes and also well eat piping .

Chemicals are added to remove contagions and even with treatment some trace elements of impurities from the source ( pollution) can be found

I'm not against bottled water or well .just that's a other topic as water is often sold as safe when it's simply municipal water .
I agree and would have to be desperate for days to even think about buying bottled water.

As a water connoisseur, it is the only thing I drink. I do drink tap water and water from my garden hose so there is that.

We have the reverse osmosis tied into a tap in my kitchen, although from what I can taste and smell which is very miniscule, its not bad. Lost taste and smell a few years back from that covid garbage.

I agree and would have to be desperate for days to even think about buying bottled water.

As a water connoisseur, it is the only thing I drink. I do drink tap water and water from my garden hose so there is that.

We have the reverse osmosis tied into a tap in my kitchen, although from what I can taste and smell which is very miniscule, its not bad. Lost taste and smell a few years back from that covid garbage.
They add salt to the water .

No .you have to add minerals back into the water or it will eat any piping to find balance. Water hates being void of elements.
I see and do not think that affects our pipes. I have a water line that runs to a 3 gallon water tank that feeds the ro system and that goes to a seperate tap dispenser on the kitchen sink.

I put that and a full house water treatment system in. It just stopped working, wont pull brine (use salt).

Apologies, I got us way off topic.

The way you are interpreting this verse you are calling the law sin.
The verse I used, Rom 6:14, says nothing about any "law of sin".
As the basis of the rest of your post is "sand", it warrants no further consideration.
If eating Twinkies is a sin to you...don't eat them.

Back