Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

It’s not biblical!

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
What is the truth?

1. OSAS
2. NECESSITY OF BAPTISM
3. PREDESTINATION OF SAVED AND UNSAVED
4. DOES MAN HAVE FREE WILL
5. DID GOD KILL INNOCENT CHILDREN IN THE O.T.
6. DID JESUS DIE FOR EVERYONE OR ONLY BELIEVERS

ETC.
The truth is the spiritual wisdom and knowledge found in the one true God. In none other.

What we discuss in these forum debates are mental ideas and concepts -- doctrines -- but they are totally different from spiritual truth.

The truth is the spiritual wisdom and knowledge found in the one true God. In none other.

What we discuss in these forum debates are mental ideas and concepts -- doctrines -- but they are totally different from spiritual truth.
Truth is a statement that is spoken or written.
Truth is something that is believed by a community.
What TRUTH do we have if we cannot agree on as many matters as I have listed?

Truth is a statement that is spoken or written.
Truth is something that is believed by a community.
What TRUTH do we have if we cannot agree on as many matters as I have listed?
I disagree with your definitions. There is another concept in addition to that which is spoken or written: spiritual truth.

For example, the truth that is spoken in court vs. Jesus being "the truth". And it is not necessarily something that is believed by a community. The Pharisees and Sadducees believed they knew the truth, but Jesus clearly showed them their error.

We have the truth by knowing God through Christ. Jesus said to him [Thomas], “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you know me, you will know my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.” John 14:6-7. Clearly this falls outside of the definition you gave.

I disagree with your definitions. There is another concept in addition to that which is spoken or written: spiritual truth.

For example, the truth that is spoken in court vs. Jesus being "the truth". And it is not necessarily something that is believed by a community. The Pharisees and Sadducees believed they knew the truth, but Jesus clearly showed them their error.

We have the truth by knowing God through Christ. Jesus said to him [Thomas], “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you know me, you will know my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.” John 14:6-7. Clearly this falls outside of the definition you gave.
What is spiritual truth?

Spiritual truth is only given in the Spiritual realm of God and cannot be rationalized by the carnal mind.

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

"Spiritual truth is only given in the Spiritual realm of God and cannot be rationalized by the carnal mind."

And that is where the Trinity, Immortal Soul, Hellfire- and all the rest COME from, since they can't gel with Holy Scripture?

Spiritual truth is only given in the Spiritual realm of God and cannot be rationalized by the carnal mind.

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Col 3:3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
Great post!

"Spiritual truth is only given in the Spiritual realm of God and cannot be rationalized by the carnal mind."

And that is where the Trinity, Immortal Soul, Hellfire- and all the rest COME from, since they can't gel with Holy Scripture?
What does this mean???

Please answer my question: What does your post #550 mean?

The Trinity, Immortal Soul, Hellfire, etc IS NOT IN THE BIBLE!
That's just ONE of their excuses to continue believing!

The Trinity, Immortal Soul, Hellfire, etc IS NOT IN THE BIBLE!
That's just ONE of their excuses to continue believing!
The trinity: Jesus said “If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, to be with you forever. This is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him because he abides with you, and he will be in you." John 14:15-17

Eternal life: "And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my name’s sake will receive a hundredfold and will inherit eternal life." Matthew 19:29

Hellfire: "The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will collect out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all evildoers, and they will throw them into the furnace of fire, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth..” Matthew 13:41-42

These selections took me about 5 minutes to compile. Read your Bible!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am getting tired of responding to your pointless posts. I don't know why you have joined these discussions but I am very close to putting you on "ignore" status.

Last edited:
The trinity: Jesus said “If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, to be with you forever. This is the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him because he abides with you, and he will be in you." John 14:15-17

Eternal life: "And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my name’s sake will receive a hundredfold and will inherit eternal life." Matthew 19:29

Hellfire: "The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will collect out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all evildoers, and they will throw them into the furnace of fire, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth..” Matthew 13:41-42

These selections took me about 5 minutes to compile. Read your Bible!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am getting tired of responding to your pointless posts. I don't know why you have joined these discussions but I am very close to putting you on "ignore" status.
I an forbidden to use sarcasm.
c2dh6ndfwwvoqmd3soyn.png

How can you call yourself a Christian and not believe in the written word of God. What do you use to study from?

How can you call yourself a Christian and not believe in the written word of God. What do you use to study from?

Back