Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Jesus is not YHVH

Don't forget about the matres lectionis. From BiblicalHebrew.org:
Thank you but it looks like he will never admit this.
The usage of certain consonants to indicate a vowel in the spelling of Hebrew, Aramaic, and Syriac languages is called matres lectionis (Latin “mothers of reading”, singular form: mater lectionis, Hebrew: אֵם קְרִיאָה mother of reading). The letters that do this in Hebrew are א (aleph), ה (he), ו (waw) and י (yod). The י and ו in particular are more often vowels than they are consonants.
Josephus wrote the Name consisted of four vowels because he knew yod, heh and waw (YHW) often act as vowels. This was especially important in ancient Hebrew which does not have vowel points.

I posted from a search on Google, Ancient Hebrew Vowels for you. If you don't like what the search produced then take it up with Google.

It really makes no difference to me, since I don't read or understand Hebrew.

My Bible that I read is printed in English, what is your printed in?

Maybe you would like to share some verses written in English that pertain to the thread topic.

Thus the Lord my God will come, and all the saints with You.
Zechariah 14:1-5

Jesus is YHWH, the Lord God, Who is coming with the saints at the end of the age, whereby every eye will see Him. Matthew 24:30-31

Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. Matthew 24:30-31

JLB
You are the hijacker here so how about forgetting this and let's deal with the OP and admit Jesus is the God/YHWH of the Bible, the Bible defined by Jesus and presently divided into 39 books, the Old Testament.

You are the hijacker here so how about forgetting this and let's deal with the OP and admit Jesus is the God/YHWH of the Bible, the Bible defined by Jesus and presently divided into 39 books, the Old Testament.

Yes sir!

:salute

JLB

Nothing. I was simply trying to address your initial derailing comment in post #145 that there is no such name as "Yahweh" as well as your other derailing posts. Now that you have been proven wrong, a discussion of the OP can continue.

No such name in the Bible as Yahweh.

It's YHWH.

Jesus is YHWH the Lord God, who will come with His saints at the end of the age. Zechariah 14:5

Which is what Revelation says.

12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.” Revelation 22:12-13

JLB

Last edited:
neither is YHWH (or YHVH) since those are letters from modern European languages not ancient Hebrew.

So, that for which you rebuke others, you do yourself. :poke

iakov the fool
:boing

That's like saying the word God or Lord is not found in the Bible because it's an English word.

There is no such name for the Lord in Hebrew as Yahweh.

The English word for YHWH Is translated LORD.

Jesus Christ is LORD.

Our great God and Savior.
Titus 2:13

No word games to it.

Jesus Christ is YHWH, the Lord God.

JLB

That's like saying the word God or Lord is not found in the Bible because it's an English word.

Right, that's what you said. "No such name in the Bible as Yahweh. It's YHWH." BUt you won't find that name in the Bible either. Rather, you will find a translation of that name as at Gen 2:4
"אֵ֣לֶּה תֹולְדֹ֧ות הַשָּׁמַ֛יִם וְהָאָ֖רֶץ בְּהִבָּֽרְאָ֑ם בְּיֹ֗ום עֲשֹׂ֛ות יְהוָ֥ה אֱלֹהִ֖ים אֶ֥רֶץ וְשָׁמָֽיִם׃"
where the name for God is "Yahewh Elohim" and rendered "LORD GOd" in English.

YHWH is a transliteration of the Hebrew יְהֹוָה by substituting modern English letters. It's hardly any different from adding a couple of vowels in order to make the word pronounceable.

That's all.

iakov the fool

Last edited:
No such name in the Bible as Yahweh.

It's YHWH.

Jesus is YHWH the Lord God, who will come with His saints at the end of the age. Zechariah 14:5

Which is what Revelation says.

12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.” Revelation 22:12-13

JLB
You do a fabulous impression of a broken record!

You do a fabulous impression of a broken record!

Speak for yourself. You've been beating that same dead horse for weeks." Jesus is YHWH and Yahweh isn't in the Bible." :horse

Don't you now any other songs? A Limerick, perhaps? Otherwise, don't quit your day job.

iakov the fool

Speak for yourself. You've been beating that same dead horse for weeks." Jesus is YHWH and Yahweh isn't in the Bible." :horse

Don't you now any other songs? A Limerick, perhaps? Otherwise, don't quit your day job.

iakov the fool
I think you have me confused with JLB.

Right, that's what you said. "No such name in the Bible as Yahweh. It's YHWH." BUt you won't find that name in the Bible either. Rather, you will find a translation of that name as at Gen 2:4
"אֵ֣לֶּה תֹולְדֹ֧ות הַשָּׁמַ֛יִם וְהָאָ֖רֶץ בְּהִבָּֽרְאָ֑ם בְּיֹ֗ום עֲשֹׂ֛ות יְהוָ֥ה אֱלֹהִ֖ים אֶ֥רֶץ וְשָׁמָֽיִם׃"
where the name for God is "Yahewh Elohim" and rendered "LORD GOd" in English.

YHWH is a transliteration of the Hebrew יְהֹוָה by substituting modern English letters. It's hardly any different from adding a couple of vowels in order to make the word pronounceable.

That's all.

iakov the fool

Translating the scriptures from the original language to the languages of the world, is a God given assignment.

Adding to the scriptures especially the Lords Name is sin.

Whole sects of Christianity are enslaved to the false name of Jehovah, for that very reason.

JLB

Translating the scriptures from the original language to the languages of the world, is a God given assignment.
Whole sects of Christianity are enslaved to the false name of Jehovah, for that very reason.
JLB

Oi veh! :wall One wonders, how and why do people come up with this chazeray!? (Rhetorical question - I don't really want to know)

Every English translation has words added in order to allow the meaning of the original language to be translated into English. Translators have added articles as well as prepositions to the Koine Greek of the NT because the Greek regularly uses word cases rather than propositions. So "λόγος θεός" is translated "the word of God" even though the words "the" and "of" are not in the Greek.

And please explain how to pronounce "YHWH" in English without adding vowels.
Actually, don't bother to try. You can't pronounce "YHWH" without adding vowels. You have to add vowels and make it "Yahweh."

In fact, you have to add vowels to every Hebrew word from the Bible in order to say them because the written form of ancient Hebrew had no vowels. But no spoken language, including ancient Hebrew, was ever spoken without the sounds which we call vowels.

Also, please explain in observable and countable behaviors how to identify someone who is "enslaved to the false name of Jehovah." Exactly how are they enslaved.

And, if you don't mind, would you name the sect to which you are affiliated?

iakov the fool

JLB
I do not know anyone that might fit that description. Even the Jahova's Witness', as lost as they are, that description will not fit.

And please explain how to pronounce "YHWH" in English without adding vowels.
Actually, don't bother to try. You can't pronounce "YHWH" without adding vowels. You have to add vowels and make it "Yahweh."

:thinkingI suppose "YaHWeH" is more dignified than "YeeHaWHee"!!!

Jim Parker said:
And please explain how to pronounce "YHWH" in English

You just lost all credibility.

Please consider these verse's, even if you don't post an answer.

Thus the Lord my God will come, and all the saints with You. Zechariah 14:5

The Lord Jesus will come with all His saints, with a name written on His thigh that says: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. Revelation 19:16

He is the Alpha and Omega, the first and last.

12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.” Revelation 22:12

JLB

Back