Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

John MacArthur: Distinguished Calvinist Preacher.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Lord , Christmas truce 1914,
The churches that split over slavery .Methodist church was one, episcopal as well.

The answer is the devil is cast out by the Holy Spirit.

John M believes and teaches that those who are baptized with the Holy Spirit and speak with tongues are operating by the devil.

IOW he believes and teaches others, that the spirit by which Christians who speak in tongues, and cast out devils, and lay hands on the sick for healing, is the devil.

Therefore, like the Pharisee’s in Jesus day, he is calling the Holy Spirit, the devil.

JLB
Yes. That's what I understood.
It's so far from what is real.

I have been taking a break from the worldwide web but I'm
getting back in the writing mood. And thanks for the welcome.

Regarding your question: See my post to Dorothy Mae just above.

Best

JAG

[]
OK
So if the wars were NOT religious, then the deaths of the soldiers came about for POLITICAL reasons.
IOW, it's their governments that caused the wars and men are sent to war and that causes the deaths.
I understand religious wars to be like the TROUBLES in Ireland in the 70's and 80's.

Maybe I'm still missing your point.
Sorry if I am.

John Macarthur is a man called to Preach/teach the written word of God. Macarthur's ministry proves this.

Pastor Macarthur is one of many that I learn from, he is not 100% right, but no one is. Macarthur is disliked by all false teachers, the Pentecostal/charasmaniacs, the arminians, catholics, mormons, JW's and so on.

I believe is verse by verse exegetical preaching is excellent and in line with what Gods word teaches.

I find it quite interesting, that those who hate him will not even listen to his sermons with an open Bible to see if these things be true.

Grace and peace to you.

John Macarthur is a man called to Preach/teach the written word of God. Macarthur's ministry proves this.

Pastor Macarthur is one of many that I learn from, he is not 100% right, but no one is. Macarthur is disliked by all false teachers, the Pentecostal/charasmaniacs, the arminians, catholics, mormons, JW's and so on.

I believe is verse by verse exegetical preaching is excellent and in line with what Gods word teaches.

I find it quite interesting, that those who hate him will not even listen to his sermons with an open Bible to see if these things be true.

Grace and peace to you.
My church has used some of his materials

He teaches false doctrine based on Calvinism.

And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; Mark 16:15-17

He teaches that people who speak in tongues, cast out devils are operating by the devil.

That is text book blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

JLB
You have nothing to back you up.

He teaches that people who speak in tongues, cast out devils are operating by the devil.

Please revise the thread on tongues that I created to prove that the gibberish these people spew is of the Holy Spirit.

Paul gave rules in 1 Corinthians to those who spoke in tongues, everyone of those rules are broken in the Pentecostal/charasmaniac circles.

Please revisit the thread for debate if you can show proof of what you believe. I also remember that you believe these people can raise the dead.

Grace and peace to you.

Grace and peace to you.

Hate?

Did you know that if a brother in Christ hates his brother, he doesn’t have eternal life remaining in him?

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:15

Please revise the thread on tongues that I created to prove that the gibberish these people spew is of the Holy Spirit.

Paul gave rules in 1 Corinthians to those who spoke in tongues, everyone of those rules are broken in the Pentecostal/charasmaniac circles.

Please revisit the thread for debate if you can show proof of what you believe. I also remember that you believe these people can raise the dead.

Do you believe that all people who speak in tongues are doing so by the spirit of a demon?

JLB

Hate?

Did you know that if a brother in Christ hates his brother, he doesn’t have eternal life remaining in him?

Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him. 1 John 3:15
I have read the comments and the spew that people have said in videos about him.

Look at Benny Hinn, years ago saying he wanted a holy ghost machine gun to take him out. Is that love?

Most of the people who hate him are the unregenerate, so it only makes sense.

How about revisiting that tongues thread for a debate?

Grace and peace to you.

You can't say that there are modern apostles of today . Jesus called them and all of them . Paul being the last .

Most so called apostles of today teach outright heresies.

You can't say that there are modern apostles of today . Jesus called them and all of them . Paul being the last .

Most so called apostles of today teach outright heresies.

I have challenged many to bring proof of modern day apostles.

There is not one shred of evidence to back up their claims.

Grace and peace to you.

OK
So if the wars were NOT religious, then the deaths of the soldiers came about for POLITICAL reasons.
IOW, it's their governments that caused the wars and men are sent to war and that causes the deaths.
I understand religious wars to be like the TROUBLES in Ireland in the 70's and 80's.

Maybe I'm still missing your point.
Sorry if I am.
Some here in this thread bad-mouthed John MacArthur and made
accusations against him. My point in the post about the wars was
to say that true Christians have a long history of being very unkind
and accusatory to each other and even in some cases being very
hateful to each other in the name of "I have the truth and YOU DON'T.

And in many cases Christians killed other Christians in the tens of
millions -- their motives for killing each other is 100% irrelevant to my
point which was the reality that in fact they did kill each other. That was
the ONLY point I was making. And it is not arguable.

Here is the post to which you refer. See the bolded red which was the
main point I was making.

______

We live in the age/epoch where Christians kill each other by the tens
of millions in wars. Some examples: the American Revolutionary War
was fought between Christian England and Christian America.

The American Civil War was fought between the Christian North and
the Christian South.

World War 1 was, for the most part, fought between Christian nations.

World War 2 was (except for Japan) fought between Christian nations.

So in all that up there we had Christians killing Christians and by the tens of
millions too.

So?

So it would be nice if Christendom had more tolerance for the various doctrinal
disagreements among Christians when there are good reasons to believe that there
is no major doctrinal heresay involved.

Nobody believes that John MacArthur is a heretic on any major Christian doctrine
because everybody knows he is not.

Yet reality tells me that tolerance is NOT going to happen. Why not? Because humans,
and especially we John 3:3 regenerated Christians, are a warrior species. Humans are
aggressive and adversarial and combative - and THAT is a fact.

Best

JAG

[]

main point I was making.

______

the Christian South.

millions too.

So?

disagreements among Christians when there are good reasons to believe that there

Nobody believes that John MacArthur is a heretic on any major Christian doctrine

Yet reality tells me that tolerance is NOT going to happen. Why not? Because humans,
and especially we John 3:3 regenerated Christians, are a warrior species. Humans are

Best

JAG

[]
Nice reply.

I would like to add that there are "many" who claim to be Christians, but are really self-deceived.

I also believe that satan and his minions use the unsaved to discredit true Christians.

Grace and peace to you.

main point I was making.

______

the Christian South.

millions too.

So?

Best

JAG

[]
I can't disagree ,I find if I really get way into this place .I find that I'm very tribalistic only my views are correct .

From personal experience I met a guy who was very reformed but also caged and not very able to handle those who don't see it his way .one had to see it 100 percent his way .he left a bad taste on my mouth .even though the elders are all reformed they found him to be very hard to deal with .no grace and mercy ,immature ,legalistic .

Caged .

640x480.webp

John MacArthur . . . .
(John Fullerton MacArthur Jr.)

. . . . is a very distinguished Christian pastor, expository preacher and Reformed Calvinist
systematic theologian.

He is also an excellent primitive traditional Patriarchal Family man. He is married to his
wife Patricia and they have four children, fifteen gradchildren and two great-grandsons.

John MacArthur has pastored Grace Community Church in California since February 1969 --
that's 54 years.

He has written or edited over 150 books -- the most popular is the MacArthur Study Bible
which has sold over 1,000,000 copies.

The good news is John MacArthur is a strong Bible believing Reformed Presbyterian Calvinist.

The bad news is his defeatist eschatology -- sadly he holds the doomsday Premillennial
Dispensational view of the future of the Christian Church -- BUT NOBODY IS PERFECT.

John MacArthur is an excellent expository preacher. That means, unlike a huge number of
preachers he is short on giving you his personal OPINIONS nd long on giving you what the
Bible ACTUALLY SAYS.

John MacArthur has a large number of expository video sermons on YouTube. Here is one of
them:

Thoughts?

[]
Thoughts , I agree with this link .

7 Reasons Why I’m Not a Calvinist

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back