Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Lets talk about homosexuality. + my experience being a lesbian

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Prim,

I didn't read all of your posts but I think I have the general idea about what you are saying. My initial thought is this: God looks at the heart. And clearly you have a heart toward God.

Don't pay attention to those who want to condemn you for your sexual preference. The two OT commands that Jesus told people were a) love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength and b) love your neighbor as yourself. It really doesn't have to go much father than that.

Self-righteous people love to condemn others, and sexual behavior seems to be a favorite topic of theirs these days. But everyone sins! If you love others, regardless of their gender, then you are fulfilling God's commands.

“The Lord bless you
and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you
and give you peace.”

Numbers 6:24-26

Prim,

I didn't read all of your posts but I think I have the general idea about what you are saying. My initial thought is this: God looks at the heart. And clearly you have a heart toward God.

Don't pay attention to those who want to condemn you for your sexual preference. The two OT commands that Jesus told people were a) love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength and b) love your neighbor as yourself. It really doesn't have to go much father than that.

Self-righteous people love to condemn others, and sexual behavior seems to be a favorite topic of theirs these days. But everyone sins! If you love others, regardless of their gender, then you are fulfilling God's commands.

“The Lord bless you
and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you
and give you peace.”

Numbers 6:24-26

We are called to test the spirits, measure against God's Word and call out false doctrines/teachings (especially in James). Entire book of James is dedicated to this. It's so sad when people mix their own ideology into God's Word. Yes everyone sins, no we aren't to contiune to indulge, practice and make excuses for it. We are all to go and sin no more. If we are desiring the sin of the flesh and contiune to practice it - I would truly question the validity of ever being born again and obedience to God's Word. We are to die to ourselves and carry our cross daily.

I don’t really think mental illness exists. Schizophrenia is the big one and no one has seen it on brain scans lab work or even autopsy. Life is hard. Sometimes people go mad.

Calling objectionable behavior mental illness proves my point. It’s about control. Personally..,

I was put through misery with the mental health industry. Oh man 👨

Legal control is necessary for social order. Scripture tells believers what is and is not acceptable to God. Social norms have a way of changing behavior too.

Psychiatry? IT’s slavery.

We don't fully understand what goes on in our brains to figure out why people are LGBT or Schizophrenia. If anything its Satan at work.

Psychiatry with prescription drugs really doesnt even touch what goes on with the brain. We try to mask the voices in our heads with pills. Great for the pharmaceutical industry bad news for those who have to live through mental disorders.

Anyway, PrimFinallyFoundGod!
glad you came here. The land of "acceptance and love" with the left is really just another word for we trust in Satan. There may be good people in the left party but there's a lot of bad people and I really wished people would see that but I'm happy to see you got out of that place. Some Christians welcome sinners others continue to condemn them.

So, are you saying that this is intended to be a pro homosexual thread only? Other opinions need not apply?

Previous thread have gooten heated here about lgbqz. What usually happens is the OP begins the thread with an, let's be nice request, but then as the thread progresses any opinion other than the OP's that is expressed is jumped on as homophobic. Because thier intent was for a yay gay thread.

How do you plan on handling differing opinions in your thread? Wil they be given as much respect as you say you should have, or is your desire for the thread to be yay gay?

I fugure I better ask before I post because the lgtzq guys on board have bumped heads with me in the past. And all I really do is speak things like I see them, just like they speak things as they see them. I've called them out on their rationalizations and justifications before and it wasn't pretty. Boy do they get mad! Where stand ye? Do you anger easy?
Well I mean you can see dialogue I've had with other people lol. I don't really think my post is "yay gay". The things I said have and would anger pro LGBTQ people very much. I think I've made it quite clear in my original post I'll just ignore homophobia but respond to any GENUINE question without anger. Homophobia would be basically saying abusive things, calling me names and being hostile. I think even if you are 100% against homosexuality you can definitely express that without swearing at and name calling me lol

Hey, I'm a lesbian as well. I don't think it's a mental illness as it doesn't harm me in any way, I think of my same sex attraction as a more benign trait that I can choose to ignore and avoid feeding. Fantasizing and such would be a sin, as would acting on it. But just experiencing same sex attraction is something that means little.
I do believe it's a result of the fall, ie same sex attraction didn't exist in the garden of Eden.

A looooot of Christians get really hung up on the language you use to describe same sex attraction, but it shouldn't matter. "Gay", "lesbian", "bi", are just descriptive words, and can have more versatile use than simply saying "same sex attracted".

Hey, I'm a lesbian as well. I don't think it's a mental illness as it doesn't harm me in any way, I think of my same sex attraction as a more benign trait that I can choose to ignore and avoid feeding. Fantasizing and such would be a sin, as would acting on it. But just experiencing same sex attraction is something that means little.
I do believe it's a result of the fall, ie same sex attraction didn't exist in the garden of Eden.

A looooot of Christians get really hung up on the language you use to describe same sex attraction, but it shouldn't matter. "Gay", "lesbian", "bi", are just descriptive words, and can have more versatile use than simply saying "same sex attracted".
We have a fair bit in common it would seem lol
Yeah I respect your view. I don't see mental illness in the same negative light most do as it is a part of my life and I (hope) I'm a good person still lol, usually rational, friendly and smart. Whether we are to call it a symptom of the mistakes made by Adam and Eve, a spiritual illness, mental illness etc I mean basically the same thing which is just that is isn't natural meaning not what God intended for humans as a species. But I don't think that those of us living with this particular sin are condemned to hell... everyone sins as the bible teaches. I do agree people get hung up on it. I would think murder would be a much more serious sin than fancying someone of the same sex lol

Yeah I also made the choice to ignore it and not act on it. Its a personal choice we can make as God gave us all free will

It is kinda impossible for me to not initially feel attracted when I see a pretty female but I choose to keep lust out of the equation and see it as more appreciating God's creation/being nice to said person. Like how one could look at a flower and recognise it's beauty I suppose

I find that women seem more fluid than men. Not to stereotype but I think that lines up with feminine roles and traits in general. One also sees more male to female sex changes than male to female. I think it reflects more flexible gender roles for women.

I find that women seem more fluid than men. Not to stereotype but I think that lines up with feminine roles and traits in general. One also sees more male to female sex changes than male to female. I think it reflects more flexible gender roles for women.
Nah it's not stereotypical at all. Gender roles are more than just social constructs. They're engrained in us just as God intended

I dunno 🤷‍♂️
I’m gay but not flaming. I was a flamer until Jesus moved in my life. And…

I think 🤔 a lot of masculinity and feminine traits are biologically rooted. Social norms emphasize some aspects and restrain others. And…

Heterosexual men have excellent gay dar. It’s a reason I think acceptance of gay people as people first and sexual preference as an afterthought is a good goal for believers.

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

I think 🤔 a lot of masculinity and feminine traits are biologically rooted. Social norms emphasize some aspects and restrain others. And…

Heterosexual men have excellent gay dar. It’s a reason I think acceptance of gay people as people first and sexual preference as an afterthought is a good goal for believers.
Hmm yes I agree there

And no offense but... what's a flamer lol sorry? :lol

Flamboyantly gay man 👨
Ahhh here we call them "camp" lol
I think what you said here: "acceptance of gay people as people first and sexual preference as an afterthought is a good goal for believers." rings very true. We are all sinners and all have our own sins we are predisposed to. It's part of what makes us human. As I was saying with evenifigoalone people absolutely do get wayyy too hung up on same-sex attraction, there are sins that bare much more severe consequences such as murder

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

With some gay guys you'd never know. I used to work with a guy and I never knew he was gay until he casually mentioned it. And I think I have pretty good gay dar.

Flamboyantly gay man 👨
I have a question and I absolutely don't mean anything rude by it at all. When camp gay men talk in a higher voice... do they do it on purpose to sound more feminine?? Theres a couple guys I've heard and they've suddenly spoken in a "normal manly" voice for a split second then switched back lol

I've always wondered about this but never openly said anything as I don't want to sound offensive lol

My initial assumption is that it is purposeful, at least partially, and not their natural voice.

Kinda like the stereotypical "womanly behavior", hand movements, hair flips, and all that sassy stuff lol

I'm genuinely curious and not trying to be rude. I also know you can't speak for all gay people. thank you :)

I probably had nutritional deficiencies that contributed to my rather wretched state. I dunno 🤷‍♂️

I was on the very fringe of the gay world in my late teens and even then…

I do think there was a sort of secondary socialization…learning how to be gay basically.

I have a question and I absolutely don't mean anything rude by it at all. When camp gay men talk in a higher voice... do they do it on purpose to sound more feminine?? Theres a couple guys I've heard and they've suddenly spoken in a "normal manly" voice for a split second then switched back lol

I've always wondered about this but never openly said anything as I don't want to sound offensive lol

My initial assumption is that it is purposeful, at least partially, and not their natural voice.

Kinda like the stereotypical "womanly behavior", hand movements, hair flips, and all that sassy stuff lol

I'm genuinely curious and not trying to be rude. I also know you can't speak for all gay people. thank you :)
I've always wondered about that, too. Is the lisp and feminine mannerisms because they're just naturally that way or is it a learned behavior? If it is learned, is it to signal to other gay men? Why do some gay men pass as straight with masculine traits?

Butch lesbians are like the inversion of that dynamic. Never really understood that either.

I've always wondered about that, too. Is the lisp and feminine mannerisms because they're just naturally that way or is it a learned behavior? If it is learned, is it to signal to other gay men? Why do some gay men pass as straight with masculine traits?

Butch lesbians are like the inversion of that dynamic. Never really understood that either.
Yeah I wonder the same thing about both.

As a teen I identified myself as a bisexual person and once I'd realized I fancy women I never really saw reason to wear it on my sleeve. Very rarely it'd come out in a relevant conversation and people were always shocked, making a big deal of it and always assumed I was "closet" because of how I looked and behaved. I just.. didn't feel the reason to display/shout about it I suppose lol but I never considered myself "closeted". Had I ever been asked I'd of just said the truth so.

I wonder if maybe it is the brain trying to "balance" the gay if that makes sense. A gay couple is usually one feminine one more masculine, so I've always wondered if perhaps (because of my beliefs on the cause of gayness) that the brain is trying to balance things out by making them fall into the 2 gender roles

But I'm just assuming of course

I never persued women so perhaps that is why I never became butch basically as I'm extremely girly and attracted to feminine women.

Idk it does get a bit complicated lol but it's interesting

Back