Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Lets talk about homosexuality. + my experience being a lesbian

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Why is homosexuality a sin, though? It's a way of life unknown to those who don't consider themselves homosexuals.
Homosexuality is a sin because God says so and as the Creator he has the authority to say that, but before you dismiss my post here are a few why(s).

1. God is the author of marriage and so as the author of marriage only he as the right to define marriage as he did in Genesis 2. Where homosexuality has no room in that definition. And only God can change that definition, so by definition only God has the right not man.

2. It blasphemes the Author of marriage, since man does not have the right to define what has already been divinely defined, unless man is divine, which equating yourself to God is the definition of Blasphemy.

3. Our first command was to be fruitful and multiply in Genesis 1-2. Homosexuality does not produce offspring, only sexual pleasure.

4. Homosexuality is condemned in 6 Scriptures directly, and 2 indirectly, I posted them already elsewhere in the thread, and there is no pro-homosexual verse in the Bible, plus marriage represents the spiritual, and it is refered to as Christ the husband and us as the bride (the Church), which is a hetero-picture.

5. Although it applies to hetero's, homosexuals have been known to be on higher use of drugs, more widely known for diseases (which I beleive is God's judgement on all sexual sin), higher suicide rates (a trans man named Luckie on Jubilee youtube said trans men commit suicide 4x that of men who are the higher suicidal gender), and aren't truly happy.

6. If everyone was heterosexual, life continues as normal, if everyone was homosexual gives us 120 years caps and we all die.

I can provide more if you want?

I'm still learning myself. But why does the bible tell us to judge and also to not judge?
Well looking at context, Jesus is talking to the Pharisees In Matthew 7 Jesus says not to judge hypocritically. In the next few verses it talks about looking at your brothers specs but you have a plank. Jesus says FIRST take your plank out THEN you can remove his spec. So not that judgement is wrong (God is kinda a judge too, and there is a book in the Bible called Judges), but judging others while you're doing the same sin, is wrong.
Same in Romans 2:1 "You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things."
In John 7:24 Jesus tells us to judge with the RIGHT kind of judgement, RIGHTEOUS judgement.

Unrepentant sinners use that verse so they can live in their sin without anyone correcting them or so they can excuse and tolerate sin, however they take it WAY out of context.

I'm still learning too: Here's a great resource: https://www.gotquestions.org/do-not-judge.html

Ok then. I do have a question. You said in your OP that there is no such thing as an ex gay. Why not? My thinking is, if you have found the Lord, why would one continue to identify with being gay? WHy not identify yourself as a child of God?

Edward Do you intend on posing your question/making a polite point now? :biggrin2

I did post my question, see? I am prepared to discuss it further but was waiting on you to respond about it. I'll go ahead and make a point or three if you like.

1 Peter 1:13-16
13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:

15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.../

Colossians 3
3 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God..../

When you were born again, the old man died and all things have become new, right? So if the old man has died, why would someone continue to identify with the old man? He should not. All things have become new through the Lord, so we identify with the Lord. That is what makes sense to me, but you said in your post that there is no such thing as an ex gay and I believe that your thinking may be flawed in thinking that it is necessary to continue to identify with being gay.

Surely you do not want to see the gay man live again, do you? He died. All things have become new so set your affection on things above and not of the earth!

Or so it seems to me....

I did post my question, see? I am prepared to discuss it further but was waiting on you to respond about it. I'll go ahead and make a point or three if you like.

1 Peter 1:13-16
13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:

15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;

16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.../

Colossians 3
3 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

3 For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God..../

When you were born again, the old man died and all things have become new, right? So if the old man has died, why would someone continue to identify with the old man? He should not. All things have become new through the Lord, so we identify with the Lord. That is what makes sense to me, but you said in your post that there is no such thing as an ex gay and I believe that your thinking may be flawed in thinking that it is necessary to continue to identify with being gay.

Surely you do not want to see the gay man live again, do you? He died. All things have become new so set your affection on things above and not of the earth!

Or so it seems to me....
Sorry I didn't see this.

Q1: I am a child of God. I am also a non-practicing homosexual. I recognise and acknowledge my sin of lust (fancying women) by referring to myself this way, but specifying I am non-practicing. I believe those who claim to be "former gay" simply mean they no longer partake in the thoughts and behaviours of homosexuality as their faith and avoiding sin is more important, and also, they repent any previous sinning.

Point after verses: I'm not yet baptised. I'm VERY new to faith. I've barely begun to analyse the bible, I only met my local priest a few days ago. I consider born again to be when you are baptised, so I don't consider myself born again but rather "christian in process" to be specific. But for arguments sake in general unrelated discussions I do identify with Christianity simply because my beliefs allign and I'm a believer. Perhaps my views will change after baptism but the way I see it is this: As long as I'm still having to fight thoughts and temptation I'm still of a homosexual inclination. That is what differentiates me from a straight person. Satan uses other temptations for straight people to get them to sin in different ways. But if you have a homosexual inclination he will absolutely try to tempt you away from the Lord in this way and you do have to manually fight/turn away from these temptations and trust in the Lord's way (faith)

Hope I answered your questions. I'm not debating you persay but just answering in a peaceful way :) I'm not sure if you remember but we have had pleasant interactions in the past and I don't wish to compromise that.

But what if it is biological? How can faith change something like that?

No Brother, it is not biological. It is a choice. It is a sexual preferance. That is a lie they are spreading to get people to believe that, it is not a choice, not my fault! So they make the easy choice of living with that sin. A good excuse for them!

With people believing stuff like that little faith may not change it. But great faith will. I know it. I have seen God respond to faith. (not visually). Actually it's more of a Belief thing than faith that could totally cure someone from (the spirit of lust). There's a difference between Faith and Belief.

No Brother, it is not biological. It is a choice. It is a sexual preferance. That is a lie they are spreading to get people to believe that, it is not a choice, not my fault! So they make the easy choice of living with that sin. A good excuse for them!

With people believing stuff like that little faith may not change it. But great faith will. I know it. I have seen God respond to faith. (not visually). Actually it's more of a Belief thing than faith that could totally cure someone from (the spirit of lust). There's a difference between Faith and Belief.
But I didn't choose to be straight. I just am. Why would it be different for gay people?

Sorry I didn't see this.

Q1: I am a child of God. I am also a non-practicing homosexual. I recognise and acknowledge my sin of lust (fancying women) by referring to myself this way, but specifying I am non-practicing. I believe those who claim to be "former gay" simply mean they no longer partake in the thoughts and behaviours of homosexuality as their faith and avoiding sin is more important, and also, they repent any previous sinning.

Point after verses: I'm not yet baptised. I'm VERY new to faith. I've barely begun to analyse the bible, I only met my local priest a few days ago. I consider born again to be when you are baptised, so I don't consider myself born again but rather "christian in process" to be specific. But for arguments sake in general unrelated discussions I do identify with Christianity simply because my beliefs allign and I'm a believer. Perhaps my views will change after baptism but the way I see it is this: As long as I'm still having to fight thoughts and temptation I'm still of a homosexual inclination. That is what differentiates me from a straight person. Satan uses other temptations for straight people to get them to sin in different ways. But if you have a homosexual inclination he will absolutely try to tempt you away from the Lord in this way and you do have to manually fight/turn away from these temptations and trust in the Lord's way (faith)

Hope I answered your questions. I'm not debating you persay but just answering in a peaceful way :) I'm not sure if you remember but we have had pleasant interactions in the past and I don't wish to compromise that.
I see what Edward is talking about, but the only type of a child of God is a child of God. Not "non-practicing homosexual
" child of God, or "non-practicing adulturer" child of God, or "non-practicing liar" child of God, just child of God. Why identify what's new with the old?

From experience, it is not a choice. That's why I said I think it is an illness because it is against nature for us as animals to be gay. If I was straight I could see how I might of thought it is a choice. But it isn't. If it was then all of us would be inclined to make that choice. But as Riven said, being straight isnt something you have to choose to be. It just *is* and I'm sure all of you straights would agree you can't "choose" to be gay if you wanted to because you just dont have it in you to be, do you?

I see what Edward is talking about, but the only type of a child of God is a child of God. Not "non-practicing homosexual
" child of God, or "non-practicing adulturer" child of God, or "non-practicing liar" child of God, just child of God. Why identify what's new with the old?
The bible says we are all sinners. Just because you become a Christian doesn't mean you aren't then capable of being a sinner. We all have the natural inclination to sin because of Adam and Eve. A religious person is someone who strives to be a non-practicing sinner. To go against Satan's temptations, to go against the manipulation and lies in the media all around us, and to put your faith in God and his word.

The bible says we are all sinners. Just because you become a Christian doesn't mean you aren't then capable of being a sinner. We all have the natural inclination to sin because of Adam and Eve. A religious person is someone who strives to be a non-practicing sinner. To go against Satan's temptations, to go against the manipulation and lies in the media all around us, and to put your faith in God and his word.
Absolutely right!

Not to change the subject but I'm curious, what anime is your avatar or is it fan art?

Absolutely right!

Not to change the subject but I'm curious, what anime is your avatar or is it fan art?
Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to read/ask about this stuff. Its very complex and at times controversial so it isn't the easiest thing to talk about!
And honestly, it is just a random anime I used because I feel it resembles/resonates with me lol I usually do that with social media accounts. Something to resonate lol I could never actually get into actual anime unlike others my age, but I suppose that is because I'm picky with what to watch in general

From experience, it is not a choice. That's why I said I think it is an illness because it is against nature for us as animals to be gay. If I was straight I could see how I might of thought it is a choice. But it isn't. If it was then all of us would be inclined to make that choice. But as Riven said, being straight isnt something you have to choose to be. It just *is* and I'm sure all of you straights would agree you can't "choose" to be gay if you wanted to because you just dont have it in you to be, do you?
Well it's not a choice because we are born in the flesh all of us. But the choice comes in when we indulge in those non-choice desires. Being open here I've never identified as a homosexual, but I've committed homosexual acts must to my disgust. So the desire may not be a choice, but even cultivating that desire (meditating on it, accepting it, thinking about it constantly, watching entertainment surrounded around it, being around people and environments like it) without even doing it is also a choice.

Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to read/ask about this stuff. Its very complex and at times controversial so it isn't the easiest thing to talk about!
And honestly, it is just a random anime I used because I feel it resembles/resonates with me lol I usually do that with social media accounts. Something to resonate lol I could never actually get into actual anime unlike others my age, but I suppose that is because I'm picky with what to watch in general
I can see that, I can't really watch much anime but fighting ones, and besides DBS I can't think of much other good ones.

And yes these things are controversial and seeing and knowing more "ex" homosexuals I can see their struggle and God has soften my heart a lot more, I used to be a "Repent or BURN" person, but by the grace of God...

Well it's not a choice because we are born in the flesh all of us. But the choice comes in when we indulge in those non-choice desires. Being open here I've never identified as a homosexual, but I've committed homosexual acts must to my disgust. So the desire may not be a choice, but even cultivating that desire (meditating on it, accepting it, thinking about it constantly, watching entertainment surrounded around it, being around people and environments like it) without even doing it is also a choice.
Yeah that I agree with, there's definitely a difference between acting on sins you find more tempting and actively resisting. And I'm definitely not saying it is easy to choose faith over being a practicing homosexual at all. These sins are called temptations for a reason! That is how Satan worms his way into people's lives. Temptation.

I think the best way to go about it is simply to just have a happy life. For some people that may mean being celibate, for others that means finding a member of the opposite sex and falling for their personality as I did. But you should also have other things going for you in your life. Hobbies, friends, education/work, faith, family etc. If you don't have much going for you in life, temptations can definitely get louder and harder to turn away from because you become desperate to feel happy.

I do genuinely love my partner, I'm a distance university student, I'm growing in my faith, I'm in communication with a local priest who is trying to help me embrace community and the church whilst also receiving mental health support for unrelated mental health issues etc.. I have a lot going for me. As a result temptation is quieter and gets easier to ignore. I don't feel a need to sleep with women as I already feel happy in my life.

You may notice pro-LGBTQ gay people who are faithless make it their entire identity. Rainbow merchandise everywhere, stereotypical behaviour as discussed in the thread earlier etc...
Most gay people wear it on their sleeve. They are also known for being stereotypically promiscuous.

This is because it is all they have in their lives to access "happiness". The temptation Satan readily provides. They don't believe in God so they have no idea this "Happiness" will bring much pain and suffering especially in the afterlife. It is very sad. There are about 8 billion of us on the Earth now but loneliness and poor mental health are at an all time high and this is why it seems like younger generations are so much "gayer". Traditional values don't mean anything to them anymore, and to claim it has merit is to be a "Bad person" who "hates LGBTQ".

Sorry for the slight rant lol replying to the thread just got me thinking deeper about this. And I really appreciate you taking the time to listen to me. If I said these things in an LGBT forum I'd be absolutely mobbed because I'm the "wrong kind of gay". It's all politics. Reminds me of J Biden saying to a man "if you don't agree with me you're not black!" lol

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back