Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Lets talk about homosexuality. + my experience being a lesbian

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Well it's not a choice because we are born in the flesh all of us. But the choice comes in when we indulge in those non-choice desires. Being open here I've never identified as a homosexual, but I've committed homosexual acts must to my disgust. So the desire may not be a choice, but even cultivating that desire (meditating on it, accepting it, thinking about it constantly, watching entertainment surrounded around it, being around people and environments like it) without even doing it is also a choice.
But most straight guys don't have that desire. The idea of being intimate with a man disgusts them. At the end of the day, it being biological makes the most sense to me.

But most straight guys don't have that desire. The idea of being intimate with a man disgusts them. At the end of the day, it being biological makes the most sense to me.
I agree with this too. (Biological meaning some kind of defect like I said an illness) this is what I was getting at in my reply to Edward
But I'm also in agreeance with Soldiers in that we can choose whether we resist those urges or act on them

I think this has been a helpful thread so far. It is nice to see people with different view points able to have a discussion about something so controversial :) This would definitely not be possible on a left-wing forum that's for sure :biggrin I can also see a middle ground where people have differing views which is great.

The bible says we are all sinners. Just because you become a Christian doesn't mean you aren't then capable of being a sinner. We all have the natural inclination to sin because of Adam and Eve. A religious person is someone who strives to be a non-practicing sinner. To go against Satan's temptations, to go against the manipulation and lies in the media all around us, and to put your faith in God and his word.

I like your response here, it shows you are thinking and learning. And you do realize that it is a temptation of satan and indeed, it is a spirit of Lust and comes dressed in a coat of lies. In this post you have already gone beyond the notion that it is not a choice by aknowledging that it is in fact a temptation. You're halfway home!

You see, if you listen to the same lie long enough then eventually you will begin to believe it. You can listen to a song for the first time and not like it. But if you hear the same song 10,000 times then you will like it. You will have noticed small intracacies in it that seem artisitc or pleasurable to you so you grow to like it and see it as normal. In the same way gays explain that they feel it is normal to be gay so it must not be a choice. They fell for the lie.

The word of God teaches that we are to rise up against the temptations of the flesh and overcome our flesh. That is why you must rise up against the spirit of Lust and totally defeat him every time he comes knocking. On the plus side, the word of God tells us that we have been given all authority over these spirits. (Mark 16:17-18, Luke 10:19, Luke 9:1, 2 Peter 1:3, James 4:7)

You see, the closer that you draw to God, then the closer that He will draw Himself to you. (James 4:8) so when you posted this:

. To go against Satan's temptations, to go against the manipulation and lies in the media all around us, and to put your faith in God and his word..../

You said a mouthful there! It is so important to trust the Lord, to have faith in Him that He will do as He says He will. And He will. So from what I can see of you, you want to be within the Lord's will for your life and I think that you realize that it will be necessary to let the old man die completely and begin to identify with the Lord.

To get the lies out of your heart so that you no longer have those inclinations it is possible to simply overflow them out of the cup of your heart. You see, havinf an unclean thought is not a sin. Satan can put thoughts into your head. It is what you do with that thought that is important. If you dwell on it and continue to entertain the thought and meditate on it then it will get into your heart and become who you are. If you reject the thought and see it as a lie then it does not get into your heart.

So. How to overflow the cup of your heart? By saturating your mind with the word of God. Read it, learn it, meditate on it, dwell on it, study it, saturate yourself with it. It will get into your heart also! And when your cup gets full, it overflows and the effect is a purging of your heart from unrighteousness. That is how we write the word of God upon our hearts...

I'm a lesbian. I have found women attractive since as long as I can remember. When I was a very small child (probably about 5) I would feel confusion when women around me used to oggle and comment on "sexy" men on television. It felt confusing and even a bit gross. Women, however, took my breath away. Such beauty! I didn't know what lesbianism was though so I didn't think much about this.
When my son was about 4-5, he had questions about why he is not a girl, and we had a talk with him and explained to him that this is how God created him and he should thank God that he is this way. At that age, every child asks similar questions and needs to know that there is a difference between being a boy and being a girl. As far as I know, there is no support to the idea that people are born homosexual. You mentioned, however, that you were abused as a child. I believe that abuse is the primary factor influencing people to become gay. Accompanied with environmental and personal factors, such as people encouraging the idea of being gay and following the idea of being gay, a person can be trapped in a gay lifestyle. If this is a mental condition, as it was once thought, the help should be first of all psychological, addressing the issues of abuse and how to deal with it and other factors. In some cases, there are medical aspects as well. This being said, people go against the will of God rather than God against the will of people. If there would have been twenty people who repented in Sodom and Gomorrah, God would have not punished them. This means listening to what God has to say, which could mean getting to the root at the problem and seeking professional help, if needed. If this is understood, then everything else should fall into place.

I agree with this too. (Bi

ological meaning some kind of defect like I said an illness) this is what I was getting at in my reply to Edward
But I'm also in agreeance with Soldiers in that we can choose whether we resist those urges or act on them
Really I believe sin is sin. The desire for sin is innate within us. All sin is an illness (otherwise known as sin-sickness). Homosexuality is a unique sin but not all that unique from lying, stealing, cheating, murder, anger, hate, malice, discord, and even witholding good from who it is due. All of them stem from the parasitical virus called sin

You did make a choice and you simply wont admit it, lol.
You married? Girlfriend? How did you meet her? Perhaps socially at a friend s party or something. You seen her, there was nothing about her which appealed to you you were simply forced to go over and introduce yourself. You didn't have a choice! That's what you're saying?! My friend, that is so laughable that it hurts!
No. We do choose who we have relationships with. But we do not choose what we are attracted to. You don't choose to like the kinda of food you like. You just do. Nobody chooses to hate Brussels sprouts. We just do.

But what if it is biological? How can faith change something like that?

Here is my take on this question, and while I hate to disagree with the position Edward takes because this is one of those extremely heated debate issues, yes, I believe homosexual tendencies can have a biological component to them. I once read that a Russian women's Olympic team (gymnastics, track, luge, so help me God I can't remember now) got disqualified because it was discovered they had been so pumped up on testosterone injections that it had even started changing their anatomy.

Can't find a link to that now, but the Russians still engage in this somewhat, as the following stories relate:

The interesting thing is, the Olympic committee now recognizes that a difference in testosterone levels among some women gives them an unfair advantage, so even women with naturally higher testosterone face the potential of being banned now, which I find makes the whole transexuals allowed to compete in certain sports rather hypocritical, but such is the world of political correctness nowadays.

Here's the thing. Can God heal such people? Yes, I believe He can. Even if it is a purely physiological problem - and I know a woman who works at a convenience store nearby who takes hormone shots to be more masculine physically - I believe such physical effects can be healed, just like any other physical condition can. But to receive healing does indeed require faith, for as scripture says, even Jesus could not do many miracles in his home town because of their lack of it (Matthew 13:58).

Levels in the blood differ not only between men and women, but also between individuals of the same sex. The best way to increase testosterone is through workouts, and athletes have a well-established routine for working out, so it would not surprise me if a woman would have higher testosterone levels than other women. What would be worrisome is to see in women levels similar to men. As for the biological aspect, I still have to find articles which claim that there is a biological aspect to homosexuality.

As for the biological aspect, I still have to find articles which claim that there is a biological aspect to homosexuality.

My argument is that there is often a biological element behind masculinity in women and femininity in men (i.e. through estrogen), and that these conditions can lend themselves to such people potentially identifying as of the opposite gender, despite how they were created anatomically.

Welcome to CF.net, btw.
Hidden

Here is my take on this question, and while I hate to disagree with the position Edward takes because this is one of those extremely heated debate issues, yes, I believe homosexual tendencies can have a biological component to them. I once read that a Russian women's Olympic team (gymnastics, track, luge, so help me God I can't remember now) got disqualified because it was discovered they had been so pumped up on testosterone injections that it had even started changing their anatomy.

Can't find a link to that now, but the Russians still engage in this somewhat, as the following stories relate:

The interesting thing is, the Olympic committee now recognizes that a difference in testosterone levels among some women gives them an unfair advantage, so even women with naturally higher testosterone face the potential of being banned now, which I find makes the whole transexuals allowed to compete in certain sports rather hypocritical, but such is the world of political correctness nowadays.

Here's the thing. Can God heal such people? Yes, I believe He can. Even if it is a purely physiological problem - and I know a woman who works at a convenience store nearby who takes hormone shots to be more masculine physically - I believe such physical effects can be healed, just like any other physical condition can. But to receive healing does indeed require faith, for as scripture says, even Jesus could not do many miracles in his home town because of their lack of it (Matthew 13:58).
My theory is that it occurs during development in the womb.

My theory is that it occurs during development in the womb.

Somewhat, yes.

This is why some men end up fighting in the UFC, while others make better office clerks (no slights intended). It is also why some girls walk about pure and pristine with seeming ease, while others end up having their names written on bathroom walls, or at least they used to. The study I provided a link for on differing levels of testosterone in Olympic athletes is itself evidence, though I could provide much more. But acne is generally more common among men precisely because they have more testosterone, and you will sometimes see women who fight with the condition as well. The links between the two are pretty well established

Higher levels of testosterone don't guarantee a person will sin, but they lend themselves to a greater propensity to.

Relating this to your theory then, both men and women are born with higher levels of estrogen and testosterone respectively, and with that their flesh will influence them in different directions to varying degrees, not only where their sexual appetite is concerned, but in terms of what gender they relate to more, and to what extent.

Somewhat, yes.

This is why some men end up fighting in the UFC, while others make better office clerks (no slights intended). It is also why some girls walk about pure and pristine with seeming ease, while others end up having their names written on bathroom walls, or at least they used to. The study I provided a link for on differing levels of testosterone in Olympic athletes is itself evidence, though I could provide much more. But acne is generally more common among men precisely because they have more testosterone, and you will sometimes see women who fight with the condition as well. The links between the two are pretty well established

Higher levels of testosterone don't guarantee a person will sin, but they lend themselves to a greater propensity to.

Relating this to your theory then, both men and women are born with higher levels of estrogen and testosterone respectively, and with that their flesh will influence them in different directions to varying degrees, not only where their sexual appetite is concerned, but in terms of what gender they relate to more, and to what extent.
I agree. It would be interesting to see if transgender people that are undergoing hormone replacement therapy see any changes in their sexual preferences.

But even if we were to discover that homosexuality is equivalent to a birth defect, it would never be made public because of political correctness.

But even if we were to discover that homosexuality is equivalent to a birth defect, it would never be made public because of political correctness.

No, and as always it would be guided in the direction of encouraging as much deviancy as possible, to exploit even 4 and 5 year old children now into adopting mentalities and lifestyles that run 100% counter to what is taught in scripture.

Back