Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Lets talk about homosexuality. + my experience being a lesbian

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
You did make a choice and you simply wont admit it, lol.
You married? Girlfriend? How did you meet her? Perhaps socially at a friend s party or something. You seen her, there was nothing about her which appealed to you you were simply forced to go over and introduce yourself. You didn't have a choice! That's what you're saying?! My friend, that is so laughable that it hurts!
This is a little mean, Edward. I do feel as though you are judging me on a personal level given how kind you were until you saw this thread and learnt I am a part of something you fundamentally hate. The level of difference in your treatment and communication with me is very blatantly obvious. It also seems like you're ignoring us a bit as I've stated multiple times on this thread I've never practiced, I simply have an inclination. The inclination is not a choice. You cant know that without being gay. I have been very kind to you.
I'm pretty hurt by this. I'm sad but it is what it is. :/
I just get the impression you are ignoring parts and focusing on others to push your agenda. You know that Riven means there are inclinations but acting on it is the choice, just like I have been saying.
I'd also like to remind you there is more to a relationship than physical attraction which is in fact based on lust. I found my opposite-sex partner when I wasn't looking for a relationship but fell for his personality. I didn't choose or force that either.

I think you know what we're trying to say. But you are twisting what we argue is a choice and what isn't lol.

I see where this is going so sadly I'll have to put you on ignore.

You'll probably accuse me of attacking you for having differing beliefs now, as you checked to see if it was okay at the start when you went on your "yay gay" rant.

Low hanging fruit, considering I've had meaningful discussion with people throughout the thread who don't completely agree. The difference is Edward, they were here to have a discussion not a personal debate. And sometimes we can agree to disagree. But I can very clearly feel your judgment and it is sad. You treat people nicely but if they are "yay gay" you very clearly judge them severely. I feel like I answered your questions kindly and thoroughly, but I can see the answer did not satisfy.

I also clearly state is is not normal, but you accuse me of viewing it as normal.

This is clearly more of a charade than an actual conversation as you are quoting me but don't seem to actually know what I or Riven believe...

You'll still reply despite me saying this because this is your type, but: I am putting you on ignore, sadly.

Last edited:
No. We do choose who we have relationships with. But we do not choose what we are attracted to. You don't choose to like the kinda of food you like. You just do. Nobody chooses to hate Brussels sprouts. We just do.
Lol about the brussel sprouts. However if we train our minds to do something (like excersize) we can go from hating it to loving it. If we surround ourselves with anti-brussel sprouts people, watch anti-brussel sprouts shows of ppl vomiting it, meditate and constantly think about how much we hate it, constantly talk and entertain the desire against brussel sprouts we will definetly not like it. Same with sin. All of us are born in sin and shaped in iniquity so we are naturally against Godliness. But the Holy Spirit power can change our "sexual orientation" in a life-long process called sanctification. He can change our "theivery orientation", "drunkeness orientation", "non-self-controlled orientation" and even our "anti-brussel sprouts" orientation. (Which I rather not have changed)

We are commanded to love our neighbor as our self, not judge her/him. Self-righteous people, like the Pharisee, like to posit themselves as the judge of others, when we are clearly told not to judge others, but to love them. People drive others away from Christ by their holier-than-thou condemnations of other people.

You will never bring someone who is transgender to Christ by condemning them. Jesus said not one single word about sexual preference!
Actually, J, Jesus said we should judge, how else do we bring someone to the elders as He stated?

It's persons souls that are not to be judged.

Reactions: JLB
I mean, I'm glad we established the truth about homosexuality, however let's start putting up some resources so we can know a way to defeat it. I know some "Post" homosexuals comment here, how about sharing your journey?

Closing this thread for some clean up. Will reopen it and I ask that everyone abides by the Terms of Service 1.1 and 1.3 even in disagreements. Listen and understand where one is coming from without prejudice or judgement remembering this is the Young Adults forum and many younger then we are still lack in knowledge, but does not mean they are not Christ own.

This thread is reopened and please stay on topic of the OP as first of all this is the Young Adult forum as PrimFinallyFoundGod! recognizes herself as a Christian, but yet young in the word, but growing. Also from her OP says she is not practicing same sex nor has ever and is in a relationship with a man she loves.

Start respecting the views of others, even if you disagree and not being judgmental with others or argumenitive with each other or you will be banned from this thread.

Men with men doesn’t seem to lead to meaningful long term relationships…

I don’t know about the ladies. I’ve heard there’s more serial monogamy and broken hearts. Eek 😬

I’m all for legal rights obviously. I just don’t think a gay lifestyle is compatible with Christian life because of scriptures emphasis on monogamy and su. I don’t see that happening in the same sex community.

Reactions: JLB
This is a little mean, Edward. I do feel as though you are judging me on a personal level given how kind you were until you saw this thread and learnt I am a part of something you fundamentally hate. The level of difference in your treatment and communication with me is very blatantly obvious. It also seems like you're ignoring us a bit as I've stated multiple times on this thread I've never practiced, I simply have an inclination. The inclination is not a choice. You cant know that without being gay. I have been very kind to you.
I'm pretty hurt by this. I'm sad but it is what it is. :/
I just get the impression you are ignoring parts and focusing on others to push your agenda. You know that Riven means there are inclinations but acting on it is the choice, just like I have been saying.
I'd also like to remind you there is more to a relationship than physical attraction which is in fact based on lust. I found my opposite-sex partner when I wasn't looking for a relationship but fell for his personality. I didn't choose or force that either.

I think you know what we're trying to say. But you are twisting what we argue is a choice and what isn't lol.

I see where this is going so sadly I'll have to put you on ignore.

You'll probably accuse me of attacking you for having differing beliefs now, as you checked to see if it was okay at the start when you went on your "yay gay" rant.

Low hanging fruit, considering I've had meaningful discussion with people throughout the thread who don't completely agree. The difference is Edward, they were here to have a discussion not a personal debate. And sometimes we can agree to disagree. But I can very clearly feel your judgment and it is sad. You treat people nicely but if they are "yay gay" you very clearly judge them severely. I feel like I answered your questions kindly and thoroughly, but I can see the answer did not satisfy.

I also clearly state is is not normal, but you accuse me of viewing it as normal.

This is clearly more of a charade than an actual conversation as you are quoting me but don't seem to actually know what I or Riven believe...

You'll still reply despite me saying this because this is your type, but: I am putting you on ignore, sadly.
I will add .

I have an inclination from several things .

With PTSD to avoid people .I hate socializing.while not expressly a sin it can be if I choose to avoid church .become so solitary I don't share the gospel .

Anger .I never really had a big problem with it but now it's short fuse .

PTSD isn't an excuse to punch a guy for cutting you off or shooting him though well it might relieve it .lol

With bisexuality.as early as I can recall at six or 10 I had the urges but never acted on it until about 23.

Once only once . Inclination to drink or other sin .I don't see outside of aa,na and this subject persons identification with it .

I dunno 🤷‍♂️

In ancient cultures men…especially upper class men…were allowed to indulge same sex inclinations. That’s one thing about the NT prohibition of sodomy…

It covered the upper class men and the lower class boys involved. Just…no. My understanding is that Jewish culture strongly frowned upon such arrangements as well. And…

Honestly? Exploitation makes it a social justice issue. Not that the gay world is all evil all the time but I think 🤔 it’s often…

Sort of like a living psychodrama if that makes sense. People have sexual brokenness from any number of sources and it’s re-enacted in real time with no real progress out just further entrenchment into the acts the subculture the identity.

When my son was about 4-5, he had questions about why he is not a girl, and we had a talk with him and explained to him that this is how God created him and he should thank God that he is this way. At that age, every child asks similar questions and needs to know that there is a difference between being a boy and being a girl. As far as I know, there is no support to the idea that people are born homosexual. You mentioned, however, that you were abused as a child. I believe that abuse is the primary factor influencing people to become gay. Accompanied with environmental and personal factors, such as people encouraging the idea of being gay and following the idea of being gay, a person can be trapped in a gay lifestyle. If this is a mental condition, as it was once thought, the help should be first of all psychological, addressing the issues of abuse and how to deal with it and other factors. In some cases, there are medical aspects as well. This being said, people go against the will of God rather than God against the will of people. If there would have been twenty people who repented in Sodom and Gomorrah, God would have not punished them. This means listening to what God has to say, which could mean getting to the root at the problem and seeking professional help, if needed. If this is understood, then everything else should fall into place.
I think you did the right thing. Unfortunately I am seeing countless tales of parents having this experience (4 and 5 is ALWAYS the age mentioned) and they begin to identify them as transgender, cross dress them and go on to put them on hormone blockers and damage their natural functions at around 12-14.

I hear what you're saying. I actually had homophobic family and didn't know what a lesbian was when I had my first same sex attraction though, I think I mentioned that in my original post. I also think there is argument for the abuse thing as I've heard of many people who were abused become gay - however this is usually because they were sexually abused by a same sex person. The brain sometimes turns a trauma into a fetish to cope as I have had unrelated fetishes before that stem from trauma.

As I said I think the actual causes and triggers of homosexuality are very complicated and scientific. I still think it is a mental illness. We know that other mental illness' have multiple triggers and causes - homosexuality would be included in my theory, which would still explain the abuse trauma, and indoctrination accounting for some causes.

They fundamentally say that conversion therapy doesn't work. I think there may be a cure or management but because they no longer classify it as a mental illness there is no research being done into this. I don't think conversion therapy being a failure is proof that it is "incurable". With the technological advances we have now, if it was still considered a mental illness it is highly likely some kind of treatment could be invented that would either completely cure or at least manage the thoughts.

So I think we agree for the most part. And again, as a parent you absolutely did the right thing!

It is sad to see all the de transitioner stories coming out now

That first paragraph got me thinking.
I'd also like to add for any young gay people reading... if anything you can totally turn being gay into a positive. Lust is a sin and if you fall in love with the opposite sex as I did, your lust will be FAR easier to control than it usually is for straight people. We have an advantage in that way!

I'm also pretty sure God would be very pleased that you can overcome sin to follow him. I'm sure he is powerful and wise enough to know gay isn't a choice. But practicing is a choice. And we also live in a world that celebrates promiscuity. So to rise above all that and still be faithful despite your unique "challenges"... surely God would be very pleased in you and your faith for that!! God doesn't hate gay people. He loves us. He wants us to have faith in him. Trust him. You are not controlled, deprived or a victim for this. To follow faith and resist your lust is brave in today's world. Brave, inspiring, shows strength, and a great display of faith!

Most importantly please remember we all sin gay or not. Everyone has some sins they are predisposed to. As long as you have faith and avoid/repent/confess your sins you are forgiven because of how LOVING God actually is! Do not hate yourself or feel shameful. You are God's creation and he loves you.

I dunno 🤷‍♂️
I’m gay but not flaming. I was a flamer until Jesus moved in my life. And…

I think 🤔 a lot of masculinity and feminine traits are biologically rooted. Social norms emphasize some aspects and restrain others. And…

Heterosexual men have excellent gay dar. It’s a reason I think acceptance of gay people as people first and sexual preference as an afterthought is a good goal for believers.
Gay-dar lol, reason so is you're kindoaf right.

But that's why I am saddened when women try to be like men (in the non-homosexual or trans way). God made a woman beautiful actually the meaning for Adam is dirt but for Eve it's life. The Hebrew word for how God formed man is just formed, like a brick, but for woman it's more like fashioning a complicated building. Men will receive God's wrath first before women (Adam & Eve first example). Women, other than their physical appearance are truly the most beautiful and intellectual of all God's creation in my opinion. Behind every famous man in history was his mother, wife or both behind the scenes. That's why God gave us the few things men do have (responsibility/headship in family, average more physical strength) or else we'd be crushed. And it's humbling to see the majesty of God reflected in a woman as a young man and a little intimidating at times. This is just the tip of the ice berg.

Gay-dar lol, reason so is you're kindoaf right.

But that's why I am saddened when women try to be like men (in the non-homosexual or trans way). God made a woman beautiful actually the meaning for Adam is dirt but for Eve it's life. The Hebrew word for how God formed man is just formed, like a brick, but for woman it's more like fashioning a complicated building. Men will receive God's wrath first before women (Adam & Eve first example). Women, other than their physical appearance are truly the most beautiful and intellectual of all God's creation in my opinion. Behind every famous man in history was his mother, wife or both behind the scenes. That's why God gave us the few things men do have (responsibility/headship in family, average more physical strength) or else we'd be crushed. And it's humbling to see the majesty of God reflected in a woman as a young man and a little intimidating at times. This is just the tip of the ice berg.
This is beautiful :)

I'm not judging anyone or criticizing anyone. Jesus is the judge. Corinthians chapter 6 clearly states those who engage in perversion or sodomy, will not inherit kingdom of God. It's not too late to repent and conform to God's standard, read Acts chapter 3. Jesus does not want to send any of His children to lake of fire. Jesus is long suffering and merciful God. If anyone is willing to Repent sins to God and be forgiven. And conform to christianity. Homosexuality and lesbians is a habitual lifestyle of sin. It leads to hell. Good news is. Jesus forgives sins by repentance. Conform to God's standard and be obedient to God. Study the bible to gain knowledge. How to please God. How to get Gods blessings and protection. Start with psalm chapter 25, God's sanctuary is were the protection and blessings are. Get the picture. Study the bible. Peace.

Hi guys. I've been wondering whether or not to post this for a few days. I'm just going to go for it!

I understand I'm risking hurtful comments and heated discussions. All I will ask is that everybody stays calm and respectful please. I'm going to share my experience and then relate it to my faith.

I'm a lesbian. I have found women attractive since as long as I can remember. When I was a very small child (probably about 5) I would feel confusion when women around me used to oggle and comment on "sexy" men on television. It felt confusing and even a bit gross. Women, however, took my breath away. Such beauty! I didn't know what lesbianism was though so I didn't think much about this.

I actually realized I was lesbian very late. I was 18. Through my teen years I just thought I was bisexual but "Picky" with males. I tried dating boys but I was awkward, grossed out and didn't want to do anything outside of normal friendship things. I just assumed it is because I was an "innocent" girl and also an abuse survivor.

I suppose I was thinking about the signs and it just clicked when I was 18. "Oh my goodness.. I'm gay!" I felt scared for some reason. I guess I was worried what my future would look like with this knowledge. I felt wrong for feeling scared but I couldn't help it. It is a potentially life changing realization.

Shortly after this I met a man. We were friends and he helped me navigate life being abused. For example he helped me get a job and would get me home safely. I won't get into that here as that is for a different time and I may of already said about it.

Fast forward to today. We live together "socially married" and are happier and closer than ever.

I did share my experience of this "lesbian dating a man" once on a different non religion related forum and was met with intense hostility. How can a woman be gay and with a man???

I met a girl on there who messaged me because secretly she was going through the same experience. She set up an experiment by creating a fake profile on this forum and made a fake thread "gay man dating a woman" and it was very similar to mine. She was met with positivity and love. So clearly it was a sexism issue rather than a sexuality issue that caused the hostility I received.

The hostility was so severe people tried to say I was being abusive to my partner JUST by being with him. Incredibly hurtful as I'm his carer and have saved his life multiple times already. He has a very serious disease called CESD (look it up it's on a rare disorders website if you wish).

Anyway. I'd like to state my opinion now on homosexuality and faith. This is merely my opinion so please bare this in mind. Yours may differ and that is absolutely fine.

There is no such thing as "former gay". To say this is actually sinful. Here's why I think this: My experience as a gay person clearly shows me it is a mental illness you are born with. We are all natural sinners because Adam and Eve used their free will to sin in the garden of Eden. It is important you repent, confess, acknowledge your sins. If you deny them you are not being honest with yourself, others or God.

Lets break this down. I believe the following:

Gay is a mental illness. Humans are a type of animal. Basic biology is that animals that reproduce sexually need to attract a mate. If gay is normal for a species then said species may die out due to them not reproducing. This totally dismantles the belief some gay people have that "everybody is gay. there is no such thing as straight". We believe other mental illness' are illness' for the same basic reason. They cause humans to behave in a way that challenges their health and state of being alive. Such as depression for example.

We know depression is an illness and self harm is sinful. That does not mean depressed people are condemned for hell, hated and shut out does it? Why treat gay people like that then? We ALL sin. It is God's job to judge not man. God gave man free will.

I do believe we can still classify it as a sexual orientation however. It is a sexual orientation. But it is an unnatural one clearly caused by a biological fault. Aka an illness.

There is a difference between a gay person and a PRACTICING gay person. You cannot be a former gay person. But you can be a NON PRACTICING gay person.

How are gay people saved then?

Well. As I keep stating we are ALL sinners. Every human being has an inclination to a specific deadly sin. In this example we are talking about Lust.

You may of heard of famous gay people who were "closet" but sleeping around with members of the same sex. If gay is to be considered a sexual orientation, then we cannot continue with the sympathy for these promiscuous gay people. It has nothing to do with them being gay in itself. If a gay person is in a straight relationship, they do not automatically start needing to have sex with many of the same sex. That is a lie.

Straight people are not automatically promiscuous because of their orientation. Some are but that is a CHOICE.

In other words. As a result of the sin of Lust (and adultery), some straight and some gay people choose to sleep around. They do not deserve sympathy and acceptance in doing this because it is not victimhood or being "trapped" in their relationships. It is a choice. The real victim is the partner who is being lied to and cheated on.

The people who believe in these lies are the same people who would respond with hostility to me, and as you can see from my previous example, they already did. I am a gay person but I'm not their image of gay. These people do not want you to know I exist.

Am I gay? Yes. Am I growing in faith? Yes. Am I attracted to my partner? Yes.

These people cannot grasp those concepts. But it is my truth. And further supports my belief that it is another mental illness. In spite of it, I am still able to connect with the opposite sex. I don't feel lust for them like I can for women. But as a loving person I am capable of falling for the personality of the opposite sex. I am also capable of finding my partner attractive because I am in love with him and recognise his good looks (sort of like you may recognise a celebrity of the same sex is good looking despite being straight). I am just in love with him too because of the selfless acts he committed out of being a good caring person for me.

As a result of Leviticus 18:22 (I hope I'm quoting the right one lol) I have made the decision to not practice my homosexuality. Not because I hate myself. I'm not "going without". I'm not "denying myself". I'm not a "victim". As I am in a happy loving relationship with my partner, I have no reason to have relations with anyone else man or woman. I'm very monogamous and have 0 desire to do this. So what difference does it make if I choose not to practice my lesbianism?? I am going to marry my partner legally and stay with him. I will be faithful and monogamous throughout. I will follow the biblical teachings of being a good wife. And again, I'm not a "victim". I am happy this way. It keeps everything holy, in balance, peaceful and good.

So in conclusion I am exposing the lies people are feeding you. You can be non practicing gay and perfectly happy and fulfilled. Being gay and having an uncontrollable urge to be promiscuous unless you are "accepted" is a lie. A gay person CAN be in love with the opposite sex. The cause of the initial attraction is just different that is all.

I understand it is a hard concept to wrap your head around. I struggle to explain it properly! But I'm trying my best. If you have questions please do ask me. I want to answer and help you guys understand because gay people like me do exist and awareness is a good thing as my existence proves that you can be gay and faithful. They really don't want you to know these things but awareness is important as it can show young people they are not automatically hated by God just because they fancy the same sex. This is one of the biggest reasons why young turn away from God. Society FALSELY teaches people that God is hateful, controlling and restrictive. It's all lies!

I will not be responding to blatant homophobia or hurtful responses. But I will respond to any questions. No genuine question will offend me at all. I'm mostly just hoping the friends I have made here won't hate me for this :biggrin I promise the above is 100% my truth based on my experiences.
Improper thoughts and feelings is the norm for human beings. It is for a person to decide to follow or reject those thoughts and feelings.
Normal is what is according to design.

Hi guys. I've been wondering whether or not to post this for a few days. I'm just going to go for it!

I understand I'm risking hurtful comments and heated discussions. All I will ask is that everybody stays calm and respectful please. I'm going to share my experience and then relate it to my faith.

I'm a lesbian. I have found women attractive since as long as I can remember. When I was a very small child (probably about 5) I would feel confusion when women around me used to oggle and comment on "sexy" men on television. It felt confusing and even a bit gross. Women, however, took my breath away. Such beauty! I didn't know what lesbianism was though so I didn't think much about this.

I actually realized I was lesbian very late. I was 18. Through my teen years I just thought I was bisexual but "Picky" with males. I tried dating boys but I was awkward, grossed out and didn't want to do anything outside of normal friendship things. I just assumed it is because I was an "innocent" girl and also an abuse survivor.

I suppose I was thinking about the signs and it just clicked when I was 18. "Oh my goodness.. I'm gay!" I felt scared for some reason. I guess I was worried what my future would look like with this knowledge. I felt wrong for feeling scared but I couldn't help it. It is a potentially life changing realization.

Shortly after this I met a man. We were friends and he helped me navigate life being abused. For example he helped me get a job and would get me home safely. I won't get into that here as that is for a different time and I may of already said about it.

Fast forward to today. We live together "socially married" and are happier and closer than ever.

I did share my experience of this "lesbian dating a man" once on a different non religion related forum and was met with intense hostility. How can a woman be gay and with a man???

I met a girl on there who messaged me because secretly she was going through the same experience. She set up an experiment by creating a fake profile on this forum and made a fake thread "gay man dating a woman" and it was very similar to mine. She was met with positivity and love. So clearly it was a sexism issue rather than a sexuality issue that caused the hostility I received.

The hostility was so severe people tried to say I was being abusive to my partner JUST by being with him. Incredibly hurtful as I'm his carer and have saved his life multiple times already. He has a very serious disease called CESD (look it up it's on a rare disorders website if you wish).

Anyway. I'd like to state my opinion now on homosexuality and faith. This is merely my opinion so please bare this in mind. Yours may differ and that is absolutely fine.

There is no such thing as "former gay". To say this is actually sinful. Here's why I think this: My experience as a gay person clearly shows me it is a mental illness you are born with. We are all natural sinners because Adam and Eve used their free will to sin in the garden of Eden. It is important you repent, confess, acknowledge your sins. If you deny them you are not being honest with yourself, others or God.

Gay is a mental illness. Humans are a type of animal. Basic biology is that animals that reproduce sexually need to attract a mate. If gay is normal for a species then said species may die out due to them not reproducing. This totally dismantles the belief some gay people have that "everybody is gay. there is no such thing as straight". We believe other mental illness' are illness' for the same basic reason. They cause humans to behave in a way that challenges their health and state of being alive. Such as depression for example.

We know depression is an illness and self harm is sinful. That does not mean depressed people are condemned for hell, hated and shut out does it? Why treat gay people like that then? We ALL sin. It is God's job to judge not man. God gave man free will.

I do believe we can still classify it as a sexual orientation however. It is a sexual orientation. But it is an unnatural one clearly caused by a biological fault. Aka an illness.

There is a difference between a gay person and a PRACTICING gay person. You cannot be a former gay person. But you can be a NON PRACTICING gay person.

Well. As I keep stating we are ALL sinners. Every human being has an inclination to a specific deadly sin. In this example we are talking about Lust.

You may of heard of famous gay people who were "closet" but sleeping around with members of the same sex. If gay is to be considered a sexual orientation, then we cannot continue with the sympathy for these promiscuous gay people. It has nothing to do with them being gay in itself. If a gay person is in a straight relationship, they do not automatically start needing to have sex with many of the same sex. That is a lie.

Straight people are not automatically promiscuous because of their orientation. Some are but that is a CHOICE.

In other words. As a result of the sin of Lust (and adultery), some straight and some gay people choose to sleep around. They do not deserve sympathy and acceptance in doing this because it is not victimhood or being "trapped" in their relationships. It is a choice. The real victim is the partner who is being lied to and cheated on.

The people who believe in these lies are the same people who would respond with hostility to me, and as you can see from my previous example, they already did. I am a gay person but I'm not their image of gay. These people do not want you to know I exist.

These people cannot grasp those concepts. But it is my truth. And further supports my belief that it is another mental illness. In spite of it, I am still able to connect with the opposite sex. I don't feel lust for them like I can for women. But as a loving person I am capable of falling for the personality of the opposite sex. I am also capable of finding my partner attractive because I am in love with him and recognise his good looks (sort of like you may recognise a celebrity of the same sex is good looking despite being straight). I am just in love with him too because of the selfless acts he committed out of being a good caring person for me.

As a result of Leviticus 18:22 (I hope I'm quoting the right one lol) I have made the decision to not practice my homosexuality. Not because I hate myself. I'm not "going without". I'm not "denying myself". I'm not a "victim". As I am in a happy loving relationship with my partner, I have no reason to have relations with anyone else man or woman. I'm very monogamous and have 0 desire to do this. So what difference does it make if I choose not to practice my lesbianism?? I am going to marry my partner legally and stay with him. I will be faithful and monogamous throughout. I will follow the biblical teachings of being a good wife. And again, I'm not a "victim". I am happy this way. It keeps everything holy, in balance, peaceful and good.

So in conclusion I am exposing the lies people are feeding you. You can be non practicing gay and perfectly happy and fulfilled. Being gay and having an uncontrollable urge to be promiscuous unless you are "accepted" is a lie. A gay person CAN be in love with the opposite sex. The cause of the initial attraction is just different that is all.

I understand it is a hard concept to wrap your head around. I struggle to explain it properly! But I'm trying my best. If you have questions please do ask me. I want to answer and help you guys understand because gay people like me do exist and awareness is a good thing as my existence proves that you can be gay and faithful. They really don't want you to know these things but awareness is important as it can show young people they are not automatically hated by God just because they fancy the same sex. This is one of the biggest reasons why young turn away from God. Society FALSELY teaches people that God is hateful, controlling and restrictive. It's all lies!

I will not be responding to blatant homophobia or hurtful responses. But I will respond to any questions. No genuine question will offend me at all. I'm mostly just hoping the friends I have made here won't hate me for this :biggrin I promise the above is 100% my truth based on my experiences.
Hi Prim,

I wouldn’t worry about what other people think or say. You don’t need to justify anything to any person. As long as you and your partner are happy with the way things are. God is the judge, not people and yes, God loves everyone. Personally, I don’t judge anyone as that’s not my role in life. Sorry to hear you endured those bad reactions from people. I wish you and your partner the best of luck and happiness 😊.

Hi there

Thanks a lot for your post, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

I agree with most of what you said but I just can't wrap my head around homosexuality being something we are born with. I became aware of my attraction to men at around age 8 and as the years went by I realized it was probably related to my relationship with my father. I failed to identify with him when I was young because of the way he treated my mother and after age 5 I lived in a home of women. When I turned 14 my parents tried to take another shot at it but 3 years later they broke up again and these 3 years helped to solidify my opinion.

I think my feelings toward men are a result of craving healthy intimacy, something which I have never experienced. I don't have male friends either so it's really hard. My father continues to be distant and I am always uneasy when I visit him.

I realize not all gay people have traumatic events to point to as the source of their struggle though, this is just what happened to me. I don't think God makes mistakes and I find it so unfair that He would allow someone to be born with innate homosexuality but again how do we explain children with cancer and those who are born into poverty?

I lived a homosexual life for around 18 years but in 2019 I realized that God had other plans for me. I did not have the guts to break off my relationship and asked God to intervene. I believe that God laid it on my ex's heart that he should initiate the break-up as he did just that.

I have since chosen not to have another relationship of that nature with a man and if God wants me to be single then I accept it. I have never felt attracted to women sexually so I am not sure if I will ever be a husband but I am fine with that.

May God bless you!

Hi there

Thanks a lot for your post, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

I agree with most of what you said but I just can't wrap my head around homosexuality being something we are born with. I became aware of my attraction to men at around age 8 and as the years went by I realized it was probably related to my relationship with my father. I failed to identify with him when I was young because of the way he treated my mother and after age 5 I lived in a home of women. When I turned 14 my parents tried to take another shot at it but 3 years later they broke up again and these 3 years helped to solidify my opinion.

I think my feelings toward men are a result of craving healthy intimacy, something which I have never experienced. I don't have male friends either so it's really hard. My father continues to be distant and I am always uneasy when I visit him.

I realize not all gay people have traumatic events to point to as the source of their struggle though, this is just what happened to me. I don't think God makes mistakes and I find it so unfair that He would allow someone to be born with innate homosexuality but again how do we explain children with cancer and those who are born into poverty?

I lived a homosexual life for around 18 years but in 2019 I realized that God had other plans for me. I did not have the guts to break off my relationship and asked God to intervene. I believe that God laid it on my ex's heart that he should initiate the break-up as he did just that.

I have since chosen not to have another relationship of that nature with a man and if God wants me to be single then I accept it. I have never felt attracted to women sexually so I am not sure if I will ever be a husband but I am fine with that.

May God bless you!
Hi LS, Welcome to the forum.

I just want to say that homosexuality and children with cancer have the same root cause:
the sin nature. Everything is affected by the sin nature.
Think about it...Nothing new.

Back