Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Living without sin?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00
"Intend" is your key word. On this we all should agree. Where we disagree is that you claim to have absolutely no active/passive sin. Like I said, all I have to do is inform you of a massive sin taking place and the fact that you will do nothing about it will show you are in denial at best or a liar. The sin of omission is impossible to avoid.
"Inform me" then.
What is my sin?
If I have sin on me, I will turn from it, get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for their remission, and start walking as a Christian.
My sin showed whatever repentance from sin I had earlier was a lie to God.

Let me ask you this...after you were washed of all your past sins by the blood of Christ, did you have any sins left?
If your answer is no, then you too could have said you had no sin.
If you can no longer say you have no sin, you failed to remain in the light.

"Inform me" then.
What is my sin?
If I have sin on me, I will turn from it, get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for their remission, and start walking as a Christian.

Let me ask you this...after you were washed of all your past sins by the blood of Christ, did you have any sins left?
If your answer is no, then you too could have said you had no sin.
If you can no longer say you have no sin, you failed to remain in the light.
I KNOW one can sin, repent and turn back to the Lord. The Evangelist, Joe Donato, told me he sinned even after he started his ministry. He mismanaged money, morally failed. Each time he asked the Lord to forgive him and he did his best not to make the same mistakes again. How did he know he was forgiven? He had been given the gift of knowledge and healing. The Lord walked with him through the sin and let him resume his ministry. The Holy Spirit was right there when Joe confessed and repented. He was the most open and honest man of God I ever knew. He shared the dreams/visions/thoughts the Lord gave him. He taught me the importance of obedience. His dreams and visions were beyond a man's mere imagination.

Reactions: JLB

To be born again, by obeying the Gospel message to repent, is how we are saved.

It doesn’t say “repent of sins” it says “repent”.

If you are unsaved, you can’t repent of your sins, that would be a lie.

This is where you miss the mark in your theology.

Understanding what repent means, in context with the Gospel is what you need to understand, and you don’t seem to.

Repent doesn’t mean you are expected to become sinless.

It does however mean you are forgiven of your past sins, and you have a new life in Christ. Now if you sin, you don’t have to sacrifice an animal, you can confess your sin and be forgiven.

You can even confess your sin to one another, and be forgiven.

Eventually, each of us is expected to grow and mature where we no longer sin, however this takes a lifetime of walking with Him and having Him teach us what sin is, rather than claiming we already know what sin is.

Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin. James 4:17

This covers an extremely broad area that only God understands and must teach us the difference between good and evil, which can be extremely subtle.

What may be acceptable to God for you to do or not do, may not be acceptable for me.

I’m not talking about His Commandments, which are obvious sin. I’m taking about motive, and why we want to do good things that may or may not be from faith.

• See the parable of the cookies and the crack house.

But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.
Romans 14:23

JLB

Last edited:

Especially before we are transfigured and receive our glorified bodies. Now, as a wise man once said, go, and sin no more.

And even in ignorance we will sin. But the Lord is not a harsh Taskmaster. His burden is easy and His yoke is light. And His Love covers a multitude of sins.

I used to sin a lot more when I was a teenager. I do still at times sin, but not nearly as much. Some things I just wont do anymore. Lying is a problem. It seems almost impossible to not lie...and at the same time, not trust the world. and be as wise as serpents and harmless as doves. It's just not tactically sound to give out all your secrets, and anyone who tells the bald truth on social occasions is a blundering idiot.

I am getting better at speaking diplomat (not lying). I find myself speaking in more generalities and vagueness, lol.

I KNOW one can sin, repent and turn back to the Lord. The Evangelist, Joe Donato, told me he sinned even after he started his ministry. He mismanaged money, morally failed. Each time he asked the Lord to forgive him and he did his best not to make the same mistakes again. How did he know he was forgiven? He had been given the gift of knowledge and healing. The Lord walked with him through the sin and let him resume his ministry. The Holy Spirit was right there when Joe confessed and repented. He was the most open and honest man of God I ever knew. He shared the dreams/visions/thoughts the Lord gave him. He taught me the importance of obedience. His dreams and visions were beyond a man's mere imagination.
Do you know what a second repentance makes the first repentance?
A lie.
We can't fellowship with God based on lies.
One, true, real, permanent, turn from sin is possible.
With the death of our old man, with the affections and lusts, we need never sin again.
To turn from God in order to commit more sin is idolatry.
You do know how God feels about idolatry...right?

Men can repent of sin and walk in the light thereafter.

To be born again, by obeying the Gospel message to repent, is how we are saved.

It doesn’t say “repent of sins” it says “repent”.

If you are unsaved, you can’t repent of your sins, that would be a lie.

This is where you miss the mark in your theology.

Understanding what repent means, in context with the Gospel is what you need to understand, and you don’t seem to.

It does however mean you are forgiven of your past sins, and you have a new life in Christ. Now if you sin, you don’t have to sacrifice an animal, you can confess your sin and be forgiven.

You can even confess your sin to one another, and be forgiven.

Eventually, each of us is expected to grow and mature where we no longer sin, however this takes a lifetime of walking with Him and having Him teach us what sin is, rather than claiming we already know what sin is.

Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin. James 4:17

This covers an extremely broad area that only God understands and must teach us the difference between good and evil, which can be extremely subtle.

What may be acceptable to God for you to do or not do, may not be acceptable for me.

I’m not talking about His Commandments, which are obvious sin. I’m taking about motive, and why we want to do good things that may or may not be from faith.

• See the parable of the cookies and the crack house.

But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin.
Romans 14:23

JLB
Jesus said..."When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." (Mark 2:17)

Especially before we are transfigured and receive our glorified bodies. Now, as a wise man once said, go, and sin no more.

And even in ignorance we will sin. But the Lord is not a harsh Taskmaster. His burden is easy and His yoke is light. And His Love covers a multitude of sins.

I used to sin a lot more when I was a teenager. I do still at times sin, but not nearly as much. Some things I just wont do anymore. Lying is a problem. It seems almost impossible to not lie...and at the same time, not trust the world. and be as wise as serpents and harmless as doves. It's just not tactically sound to give out all your secrets, and anyone who tells the bald truth on social occasions is a blundering idiot.

I am getting better at speaking diplomat (not lying). I find myself speaking in more generalities and vagueness, lol.
If you get a glorified body at Christ's return, your repentance from sin was real.
If you don't get a glorified body at His return, your turn from sin was false.

If you get a glorified body at Christ's return, your repentance from sin was real.
If you don't get a glorified body at His return, your turn from sin was false.
ALL will be made known upon His return. Even if I don't share in His Kingdom, I still await Him to make this world right with or without me.

I think you have spiritually painted yourself into a corner. You must remain perfect lest you look imperfect to those whom you preach. You can never confess lest you appear to have fallen short.
Can you tell me why Joe's gift of knowledge and healing weren't removed from him?

Jesus said..."When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." (Mark 2:17)

Agreed.

Sinners must repent.

I think you have spiritually painted yourself into a corner. You must remain perfect lest you look imperfect to those whom you preach. You can never confess lest you appear to have fallen short.
Can you tell me why Joe's gift of knowledge and healing weren't removed from him?
I don't see it as a "must stay" situation, but as a "CAN stay" one.

If you were in some ungodly war, and a friend jumped on a grenade in order to save your life, if he lived wouldn't you do everything in your power to show him your appreciation till the end of your natural life?
I would think you wouldn't consider that a "must stay" situation, but a CAN stay situation too.
It is Jesus who jumped on that grenade for me.
He saved me so I can help Him save others too.

Agreed.

Sinners must repent.
"Repent" means to turn from, or change.
My repentance was FROM sin, making me a non-sinner....thanks be to God.
I changed from a smoking, drug using, alcoholic, hating, taker, (and worse), to a lover of God and neighbor as myself.
I rejoice in this product of rebirth, everyday !

You posted this in a thread concerning the end of the Law..."For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age,".
Do you believe it is possible to live a sober, righteous, Godly life in the present age?

Last edited:
I don't see it as a "must stay" situation, but as a "CAN stay" one.

If you were in some ungodly war, and a friend jumped on a grenade in order to save your life, if he lived wouldn't you do everything in your power to show him your appreciation till the end of your natural life?
I would think you wouldn't consider that a "must stay" situation, but a CAN stay situation too.
It is Jesus who jumped on that grenade for me.
He saved me so I can help Him save others too.
I think the correct word is SHOULD. God will decide the degree of obedience/grace.

Repent" means to turn from, or change.
My repentance was FROM sin,

Your repentance was turning from Satan as your lord, by turning to Jesus in submission to Him as Lord.

The way this happens is by confessing Jesus as Lord.

This is how we obey the Gospel; the command to repent.

I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’
“Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance. Acts 26:17-20

• that they should repent, turn to God

This is how we are transferred out of the domain of darkness into the kingdom of His dear Son, by turning away from Satan as lord, and turning to Jesus as our Lord; the one we have committed to obey as King and Lord.

JLB

Your repentance was turning from Satan as your lord, by turning to Jesus in submission to Him as Lord.
I can't disagree, as ceasing from sin is a fine illustration of turning from satan.
The way this happens is by confessing Jesus as Lord.
This is how we obey the Gospel; the command to repent.
Don't you agree that if Jesus is our Lord, we will cease from serving satan?
I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’
“Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision, but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance. Acts 26:17-20
  • that they should repent, turn to God
Why didn't you also include the "and do works befitting repentance"?
The way it is written, repentance is just the first thing Paul instructed others to do.
Turning to God and doing works befitting repentance follow.
Sinners have not repented of either sin or turned from satan.
This is how we are transferred out of the domain of darkness into the kingdom of His dear Son, by turning away from Satan as lord, and turning to Jesus as our Lord; the one we have committed to obey as King and Lord.
That is a fine first step in the right direction.

Last edited:
OK,...

Post 209...I think you have spiritually painted yourself into a corner.
---You must remain perfect lest you look imperfect to those whom you preach. You can never confess lest you appear to have fallen short.---
("I don't see it as a "must stay" situation, but as a "CAN stay" one.)
As I was the responder to the original question/comment, it is up to me to respond with the best wording I felt necessary,
I still don't feel it as a must remain perfect situation, but an opportunity to show the Lord's life and death on earth.
A chance to glorify the One who bought me with His own blood.
Praise and glory to God.
If it were not possible to remain perfect, then Jesus failed in conquering sin.

OK,...

Post 209...I think you have spiritually painted yourself into a corner.
---You must remain perfect lest you look imperfect to those whom you preach. You can never confess lest you appear to have fallen short.---
("I don't see it as a "must stay" situation, but as a "CAN stay" one.)
As I was the responder to the original question/comment, it is up to me to respond with the best wording I felt necessary,
I still don't feel it as a must remain perfect situation, but an opportunity to show the Lord's life and death on earth.
A chance to glorify the One who bought me with His own blood.
Praise and glory to God.
If it were not possible to remain perfect, then Jesus failed in conquering sin.
I'll think on this with my puny mind and get back to you.....

Back