Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Losing Salvation after getting saved?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Meaningful Logic
Not really.

Atheists turn from God. People who choose to stop believing and following Christ turn from the god they thought they had accepted when they entered into what they claim was salvation. Apostates, ever more in headlines now, turn from what they believed was God.

But one can never turn from God when they have truly accepted Christ as their salvation. Christians, those who are Christians, know that redemption, repentance, salvation, makes us a new creation. Our old life is done away. We are filled with the holy spirit and we have an awareness of that newness in our redemption. We are baptized and washed clean of the old and enter into the new testimony, the new testament, of grace.

(Edited, ToS 2.4, do not question the salvation of other members unless they themselves have stated they are not Christians. Obadiah.)

Edited to add: Jesus warned that in the last days there would be false prophets and teachers professing his name and intent on leading his people astray. (Edited, ToS 2.4, The subject at hand is one that has no clear answer even among respected theologians. Do not refer to other members who disagree with you as false prophets. Obadiah.)

Those who are born again, who are saved by grace in the faith of Christ, can never lose their salvation.

(Edited, ToS 2.4, Do not refer to other members who disagree with you as liars, false prophets, state they are going to hell, etc. Obadiah.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really.

Atheists turn from God. People who choose to stop believing and following Christ turn from the god they thought they had accepted when they entered into what they claim was salvation. Apostates, ever more in headlines now, turn from what they believed was God.

But one can never turn from God when they have truly accepted Christ as their salvation. Christians, those who are Christians, know that redemption, repentance, salvation, makes us a new creation. Our old life is done away. We are filled with the holy spirit and we have an awareness of that newness in our redemption. We are baptized and washed clean of the old and enter into the new testimony, the new testament, of grace.

(Edited, ToS 2.4, do not question the salvation of other members unless they themselves have stated they are not Christians. Obadiah.)

Edited to add: Jesus warned that in the last days there would be false prophets and teachers professing his name and intent on leading his people astray. (Edited, ToS 2.4, The subject at hand is one that has no clear answer even among respected theologians. Do not refer to other members who disagree with you as false prophets. Obadiah.)

Those who are born again, who are saved by grace in the faith of Christ, can never lose their salvation.

(Edited, ToS 2.4, Do not refer to other members who disagree with you as liars, false prophets, state they are going to hell, etc. Obadiah.)

Thank you for your opinion.

Please share the scriptures where these ideas were spawned.

Please teach us about Apostasy and what Paul meant by using that word.

Or how about "cut off"!

19 You will say then, "Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in." 20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either. 22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off. Romans 11:19-22

JLB

why would i think that verse is about "getting money"?

Also, you used Matt 25.
"Will say to those on his right hand"...

well, interestingly enough, we (Saved) (Born Again) are seated in heavenly placed RIGHT NOW , as we are IN CHRIST.

And regarding Salvation.
You wrote a lot of semantics, but really now......"saved", "born again" "Salvation" "Grace"
(Edited, ToS 2.4, questioning a members honesty over a different opinion. Obadiah.)
Now, if you were to ask me what Salvation is , and i were to answer it,
i would simply say that, Salvation is the Grace of God freely given to a believer.
Within it, you find everything you need.

K

To whom are you speaking?

Also, you used Matt 25.

well, interestingly enough, we (Saved) (Born Again) are seated in heavenly placed RIGHT NOW , as we are IN CHRIST.

And regarding Salvation.
You wrote a lot of semantics, but really now......"saved", "born again" "Salvation" "Grace"
(Edited, ToS 2.4, questioning a members honesty over a different opinion. Obadiah.)

i would simply say that, Salvation is the Grace of God freely given to a believer.

K

Also, you used Matt 25.

And regarding Salvation.

K

Thank you brother.

The grace of God is awesome.

I can do nothing myself without God's Grace, or the Holy Spirit.

That is why we must be very sober minded to not to insult the Spirit of Grace...

Anyone who has rejected Moses' law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
Hebrews 10:28-29

Turning back to the law of Moses is what this is referring to.

Messianic Judaism is a movement that is leading many to do just that.

We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him. 1 John 5:18

JLB

Not really.

We agree on more than I thought.

Someone who espouses lose of salvation is WAY more dangerous than a believer who is caught up in low cut tops and chasing men. I would not call them damned, just sincerely wrong and loss of reward will be great. Though NONE of us know who are truly saved or not.

I think we have been deceived to a point that All we look at is the outward appearance of people and have stopped discerning what people are teaching and approving of IN Bible Doctrine.

We will throw the noose around the throat of an adulterer and call a teacher who is spreading false doctrine around a "man of God"

Not really.

We get tossed at us all the time........,"You are teaching a license to sin!"

My first thought is, (Edited, ToS 2.4, questioning the salvation of members who disagree with your position. Obadiah.)

We agree on more than I thought.

Someone who espouses lose of salvation is WAY more dangerous than a believer who is caught up in low cut tops and chasing men. I would not call them damned, just sincerely wrong and loss of reward will be great. Though NONE of us know who are truly saved or not.
I wouldn't agree with that. 1st John shares a bit about how we can know that we are saved. (Edited, ToS 2.4, questioning the salvation of members for disagreeing with your interpretation of a controversial subject. Obadiah.)

I think we have been deceived to a point that All we look at is the outward appearance of people and have stopped discerning what people are teaching and approving of IN Bible Doctrine.
I knew a woman who dressed as I described earlier. A top cut to her naval,showing the sides of her inner breasts, and a mini-skirt that, should the wind blow, would show where God split her.
She slept with anything that had a pulse, male or female. She did drugs, drank to black-out, and shoplifted when she wanted something she took a liking to. And, she called herself a Christian.

We will throw the noose around the throat of an adulterer and call a teacher who is spreading false doctrine around a "man of God"
An adulterer can repent and beg forgiveness from God and his wife. A false teacher who spews false doctrine is like unto someone who throws a grappling hook, captures a soul, and walks it into Hell.
The later is far more evil than the former. Because there is hope for the former. While the later and their ego are harder to reach.

We get tossed at us all the time........,"You are teaching a license to sin!"
I've encountered those type before. I tend to smile, when it is face to face encounter, (Edited, ToS 2.4, Respect where others are in their spiritual walk, do not disrupt the flow of discussion or act in a way that affects others negatively including when debating doctrinal issues, in the defense of the Christian faith, and in offering unwelcome spiritual advice. Obadiah)

(Edited, response to a deleted portion of a member's post. Obadiah.)

Salvation is an adoption, whereby God takes you into his eternal family based on the righteousness of Jesus becoming yours, when you become a believer.
Marriage is not an adoption, its just a contract and a vow.
Salvation is a new birth experience, whereby your spirit man has become joined to an eternal God.
Salvation is an imparting of the very nature of God INTO a person who has BELIEVED the GOSPEL.

So, yeah, you can get out of a marriage contract, but you cant get out of a new birth. (born again).
you cant become "unbirthed" from God any more then you can become unbirthed from your mama.

You've got a few assumptions here that I don't believe you'll be able to show from Scripture. One is that Jesus' righteousness doesn't become anyone else's righteousness. Jesus told His disciples,

20 "For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. (Mat 5:20 NKJ)

He didn't say, unless you have my righteousness.

Another is that a convenant, is essentially a contract and believers have entered into a covenant with God.
A third is assuming that there is a "spirit man"
And, I'm not sure where the idea comes from that one gets the very nature of God.

(Edited. ToS 2.4 as your post is directed at many of out members who have responded to this thread. "Respect where others are in their spiritual walk, do not disrupt the flow of discussion or act in a way that affects others negatively including when debating doctrinal issues, in the defense of the Christian faith, and in offering unwelcome spiritual advice." Obadiah)

No, it isn't the no true Scotsman fallacy. Someone who can turn from God never knew God and his grace in the first place. Therefore, one who never had something can be under the delusion they're turning from something they never had. But it is still a delusion.

Look at your statement, you've got a contradiction within the statement. First you said,"Someone who can turn from God" then you said, one who never had something can be under the delusion they're turning from something they never had." First your speaking of one who turns from God, yet, you then say it was an illusion. If it was an illusion then they never turned from God.

Look at your statement, you've got a contradiction within the statement. First you said,"Someone who can turn from God" then you said, one who never had something can be under the delusion they're turning from something they never had." First your speaking of one who turns from God, yet, you then say it was an illusion. If it was an illusion then they never turned from God.
:) Whatever you want to think. Taking my statement out of context to make an erroneous point doesn't make you right.

(Post removed. Response to a deleted post.)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back