Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Losing Salvation after getting saved?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I can think of a few examples of those who renounce God. The so called apostate churches and congregations that make news now. More so in Christians news reporting circles than mainstream media.
Those who are what are called, nominal christians. They wear a cross, while also wearing a low cut top that exposes their breasts, and enter bars hoping to pick up men. Or they're men wearing a cross and sleeping with women and both are disobeying the scriptures regarding being chaste until marriage.
There are those who proclaim Christianity and yet espouse beliefs contrary to scripture.

But as the Bible tells us, God knows his own. That is why his grace is set upon those who hear Jesus' voice and he knows their name. (Matthew 7:21)
This is what my post was about.

The things that get overlooked.

Which is worse?

1. Going to a bar and picking up men, and sleeping with someone out of wedlock.

2. the mental attitude of arrogance......" I would never do that!" Very dangerous words indeed.

I will give you my scenario to your low cut halter top. She Gets saved and finds a church. The Pastor tells her, no your really not saved you need to be baptized in our stock tank. And after that you need to do 1 through 633 and if you don't, you really are not saved. She gets fed up with it and goes out to look for guys to fill the gap.

The Pastor proclaims Christianity and Yet espouses beliefs contrary to scripture. These are things that we all seem to overlook while we are out fruit inspecting other believers and invading their God Given freedom in the Lord.

We have to give other believers the benefit of the doubt, treat them in Grace and Give them the freedom that God Himself gives them. If they ask for our help, that is a different story.

This is what my post was about.

The things that get overlooked.

Which is worse?

1. Going to a bar and picking up men, and sleeping with someone out of wedlock.

2. the mental attitude of arrogance......" I would never do that!" Very dangerous words indeed.

I will give you my scenario to your low cut halter top. She Gets saved and finds a church. The Pastor tells her, no your really not saved you need to be baptized in our stock tank. And after that you need to do 1 through 633 and if you don't, you really are not saved. She gets fed up with it and goes out to look for guys to fill the gap.

The Pastor proclaims Christianity and Yet espouses beliefs contrary to scripture. These are things that we all seem to overlook while we are out fruit inspecting other believers and invading their God Given freedom in the Lord.

We have to give other believers the benefit of the doubt, treat them in Grace and Give them the freedom that God Himself gives them. If they ask for our help, that is a different story.

Hey man what type of church you want to build? On the Foundation of apostles and prophets with Jesus Christ himself being the cornerstone Do you know how much persecution have the people in early church suffered for the sake of Christ?

Do you have any persecution now? Does Christ only want to have a weak church who just believes believes and believes and does nothing????

Last edited:
Hey man what type of church you want to build? Foundations of apostles and prophets with Jesus Christ himself being the cornerstone. Do you know how much persecution has the people in early church suffered for the sake of Christ?

Do you have any persecution now? Does Christ only want to have a weak church who just believes believes and believes and does nothing????
We have a good solid doctrinal Church. You may believe that we are up on the pulpit drunk and smoking with babes on each arm. But we don't. You would be shocked At how orderly and functional and thankful our congregation is because we teach Grace to sinners.

It is a small little prick, but a little persecution from you at the moment.:biggrin2

We don't have people like you stick around our Church. We say "suck" and "damn" and Plant a smoker at the front door to keep the legalistic out.:yes

We have a good solid doctrinal Church. You may believe that we are up on the pulpit drunk and smoking with babes on each arm. But we don't. You would be shocked At how orderly and functional and thankful our congregation is because we teach Grace to sinners.

It is a small little prick, but a little persecution from you at the moment.:biggrin2

We don't have people like you stick around our Church. We say "suck" and "damn" and Plant a smoker at the front door to keep the legalistic out.:yes

It's good that you have a little persecution from me because persecution results in perseverance and character so on....

Why are you making something which happened somewhere, a rare event as a common denominator?

Wasn't Jesus baptized? Didn't apostles perform baptism? What's wrong with baptism?

It's good that you have a little persecution from me because persecution results in perseverance and character so on....

Why are you making something which happened somewhere, a rare event as a common denominator?

Wasn't Jesus baptized? Didn't apostles perform baptism? What's wrong with baptism?
Have a blessed day Brother.

Think of it this way, if a person can get a divorce at any time is he married now? The answer is yes.

Salvation is an adoption, whereby God takes you into his eternal family based on the righteousness of Jesus becoming yours, when you become a believer.
Marriage is not an adoption, its just a contract and a vow.
Salvation is a new birth experience, whereby your spirit man has become joined to an eternal God.
Salvation is an imparting of the very nature of God INTO a person who has BELIEVED the GOSPEL.

So, yeah, you can get out of a marriage contract, but you cant get out of a new birth. (born again).
you cant become "unbirthed" from God any more then you can become unbirthed from your mama.

Salvation is an adoption, whereby God takes you into his eternal family based on the righteousness of Jesus becoming yours, when you become a believer.
Salvation is a new birth experience, whereby your spirit man has become joined to an eternal God.
Salvation is an imparting of the very nature of God INTO a person who has BELIEVED the GOSPEL.

So, yeah, you can get out of a marriage contract, but you cant get out of a new birth. (born again).
you cant become "unbirthed" from God any more then you can become unbirthed from your mama.
Then why does this Jesus say like this Matthew 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
and also this

Matthew 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

You are the first person to call me legalistic. What's legalistic in encouraging to live a Spirit filled and Spirit obedient life?
I am not speaking for anyone else. I think and am convinced you are legalistic because you think that you can lose your salvation. So you are trying to stay saved by your works, which are dead and meaningless if that is your motivation. You can't even walk in the Spirit or live in the Spirit if that is your motivation. You might think that you are and you may convince some people that you are, but it is impossible.

We have to approach walking in the Spirit and living in the Spirit as our position in Christ. If we are trying to gain that position or trying to keep that position we are never really walking or living in the Spirit.

The believer first has to KNOW his position in Christ to operate in that position. If you do not believe that you have this position you are just running through the motions in your flesh. It may look good, it may sound good, but its dung to the Lord. And for your personal growth in the Lord, you will not make any headway in the spiritual life if you think that you can lose your salvation or you have to keep working to keep it or gain it.

I am not speaking for anyone else. I think and am convinced you are legalistic because you think that you can lose your salvation. So you are trying to stay saved by your works, which are dead and meaningless if that is your motivation. You can't even walk in the Spirit or live in the Spirit if that is your motivation. You might think that you are and you may convince some people that you are, but it is impossible.

We have to approach walking in the Spirit and living in the Spirit as our position in Christ. If we are trying to gain that position or trying to keep that position we are never really walking or living in the Spirit.

The believer first has to KNOW his position in Christ to operate in that position. If you do not believe that you have this position you are just running through the motions in your flesh. It may look good, it may sound good, but its dung to the Lord.

First of all don't get personal. You don't even know me then how can you judge that if I'm walking in the Spirit or not. Now if you don't have answers to my questions that's another thing. I haven't come here to win but to learn. If you can't answer then there are others to help us. Again my request to you is not to get personal.

I think it's against the rules of this forum. You are getting personal to me for the second time. Do you remember blaming me that I'm persecuting you????

It is. One cannot renounce what they have not partaken of. One cannot turn from God unless they have turned towards Him.
No, it isn't the no true Scotsman fallacy. Someone who can turn from God never knew God and his grace in the first place. Therefore, one who never had something can be under the delusion they're turning from something they never had. But it is still a delusion.

First of all don't get personal. You don't even know me then how can you judge that if I'm walking in the Spirit or not. Now if you don't have answers to my questions that's another thing. I haven't come here to win but to learn. If you can't answer then there are others to help us. Again my request to you is not to get personal.

I think it's against the rules of this forum. You are getting personal to me for the second time. Do you remember blaming me that I'm persecuting you????
You are right. I will not get personal. Sorry.

Just for the record my friend,

jonahmano~~It's good that you have a little persecution from me because persecution results in perseverance and character so on...

So if we get caught up in it again, call me out and I would expect that I can do the same.

Just for the record my friend,

jonahmano~~It's good that you have a little persecution from me because persecution results in perseverance and character so on...

So if we get caught up in it again, call me out and I would expect that I can do the same.

But remember you started first. That was on a lighter note but you repeated more aggressive for the second time and I had to be frank with you because there shouldn't be an rivalry among Christian brothers cos we are all one body.

God bless

But remember you started first. That was on a lighter note but you repeated more aggressive for the second time and I had to be frank with you because there shouldn't be an rivalry among Christian brothers cos we are all one body.

God bless
I will be more careful with my responses. Thank you.

No, someone who has accepted Jesus as their savior can never lose their salvation. God does not turn from those to whom he has given his grace. However, we can turn from God. Those who renounce God, and therefore demonstrate they prefer Hell, were never saved in the first place. And they do not fool God about that either.

Revelation 22:17And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

It's the part where you stated - However, we can turn from God. Those who renounce God, and therefore demonstrate they prefer Hell, were never saved in the first place.

How do you turn from God, if you have never turned to Him in the first place?

This is a complete contradiction of your position!

I wonder if you even realize it?

This mindset you have here is the shifting sand that the doctrine of OSAS is built upon.

JLB

It's the part where you stated - However, we can turn from God. Those who renounce God, and therefore demonstrate they prefer Hell, were never saved in the first place.

How do you turn from God, if you have never turned to Him in the first place?

This is a complete contradiction of your position!

I wonder if you even realize it?

This mindset you have here is the shifting sand that the doctrine of OSAS is built upon.

JLB

Meaningful Logic

Good points.

However you have Salvation mixed up with the New Birth.

Could we discuss this ?

When you are born again through the gospel Message that you believed, you now have the right to become a child of God.

Salvation, on the other hand, occurs at the end of your faith.

In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, 7 that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, 8 whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, 9 receiving the end of your faith--the salvation of your souls. 1 Peter 1:6-9

The genuineness of your faith, MAY be found to praise, honor and glory.... When?

Not now!

If you still have faith for Salvation, then you are in fact hoping for the reality of Salvation...
That will be a reality WHEN you hear these words -

Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32
All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: Matthew 25:31-34

Some will hear this!

41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

Again - Faith is the substance of things HOPED FOR, and the evidence of things not seen.

I'll be willing to bet that you must have thought that verse was just about you getting money?

JLB

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back