Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Luke 7:30 examples of those who reject the purpose of God for themselves

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
I dont believe they had a choice, Jesus said it, that settles it !
And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
(Joshua 24:15)

I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
(Deuteronomy 30:19)

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
(Matthew 6:24)

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
We’re not going to convince him.

Has nothing to do with what Luke 7:30 is about regarding those people who didnt want to be water baptized. Those men were servants of sin acting in accordance with their nature against the things of God. Those in the flesh cannot please God nor are they subject to the law or command of God Rom 8:7-8
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Has nothing to do with what Luke 7:30 is about regarding those people who didnt want to be water baptized. Those men were servants of sin acting in accordance with their nature against the things of God. Those in the flesh cannot please God nor are they subject to the law or command of God Rom 8:7-8
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
Humankind has always had a choice. We only need to look at Adam and Eve to know that. Not to mention all the other religions. The Pharisees chose Satan, but you say you have no choice, meaning Jesus and the apostles were wasting their time ministering to the nations. I don't think so.

Last edited:
Humankind has always had a choice. We only need to look at Adam and Eve to know that.
Interesting example ... so what DID Adam and Eve choose, to obey God or to hide from God? [Genesis 3:6-8]
I believe that God also warned Cain to obey [Genesis 4:7] ... so what did Cain choose? [Genesis 4:8]
  • John 3:19-20
  • Romans 3:10-12
  • John 6:44
That's why I believe in MONERGISM ... God does the saving [Ephesians 2:3-5] ... and the keeping [Philippians 2:13].
YMMV.

Interesting example ... so what DID Adam and Eve choose, to obey God or to hide from God? [Genesis 3:6-8]
I believe that God also warned Cain to obey [Genesis 4:7] ... so what did Cain choose? [Genesis 4:8]
  • John 3:19-20
  • Romans 3:10-12
  • John 6:44
That's why I believe in MONERGISM ... God does the saving [Ephesians 2:3-5] ... and the keeping [Philippians 2:13].
YMMV.
Adam and Eve turned aside of their own free will.
People prefer darkness to the light. Their choice.
All turned aside. Their choice.
Jesus, for those who choose him, is the way to the light. Many reject Jesus out of choice.
Calvinism is the church of the blind.

Adam and Eve turned aside of their own free will.
People prefer darkness to the light. Their choice.
All turned aside. Their choice.
Agreed.
The Bible goes further to say EVERYONE, ALWAYS turns this way of their free and fallen will:
Romans 3:10-12 [NKJV]
As it is written:
"There is none righteous, no, not one;
There is none who understands;
There is none who seeks after God.
They have all turned aside;
They have together become unprofitable;
There is none who does good, no, not one."

Jesus, for those who choose him, is the way to the light. Many reject Jesus out of choice.
Not many, all reject:
Matthew 19:25-26 [NKJV]
When His disciples heard it, they were greatly astonished, saying, "Who then can be saved?"​
But Jesus looked at them and said to them, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."​
1 Corinthians 2:14 [NKJV]
But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.​

Except for GOD's Spirit drawing us (those He called according to His purpose) [Romans 8:28-30]:
John 6:44 [NKJV]
"No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.​

Ephesians 2:4-5 [NKJV]
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),​

Calvinism is the church of the blind.
So says your empty posturing.
We say, the Doctrines of Grace are the Church of the Bible (as I have just posted)!

Agreed.
The Bible goes further to say EVERYONE, ALWAYS turns this way of their free and fallen will:
Romans 3:10-12 [NKJV]
As it is written:
"There is none righteous, no, not one;
There is none who understands;
There is none who seeks after God.
They have all turned aside;
They have together become unprofitable;
There is none who does good, no, not one."

Not many, all reject:
Matthew 19:25-26 [NKJV]
When His disciples heard it, they were greatly astonished, saying, "Who then can be saved?"​
But Jesus looked at them and said to them, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."​
1 Corinthians 2:14 [NKJV]
But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.​

Except for GOD's Spirit drawing us (those He called according to His purpose) [Romans 8:28-30]:
John 6:44 [NKJV]
"No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.​

Ephesians 2:4-5 [NKJV]
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),​

So says your empty posturing.
We say, the Doctrines of Grace are the Church of the Bible (as I have just posted)!
Your posts confirm the sad truth that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. The good news is that God in his grace has made a way of escape for all those who come to him in an attitude of repentance. All we need do is to ask for Him to forgive our sins which are many and then follow Him all the days of our life.

Last edited:
Your posts confirm the sad truth that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. The good news is that God in his grace has made a way of escape for all those who come to him in an attitude of repentance. All we need do is to ask for Him to forgive our sins which are many and then follow Him all the days of our life.
Thats works !

I dont see it. I see people making themselves their own saviour.
Jesus saves, and we become a changed person from the heart outwards, reaching out to other people in a similar manner to Jesus and maybe the Good Samaterian, because we want to. This change of heart is the EVIDENCE of our salvation. No way can we save ourselves whatever we do.

Correct, No one can choose God or Jesus Christ on their own, or by their own freewill, hence all men are at the mercy of Gods Grace and Spirit, without God providing man the Spiritual ability by New Birth, men are hopelessly lost in sin !
I agree, but not by "providing man the Spiritual ability by New Birth" but by providing every man, even those who haven't heard the gospel, the testimony of God upon which to have faith in God.

Back