Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

MATT 2:34 "This generation will not pass away" ... What did Jesus mean?

as you saw Him go into heaven.
How did they see Him go into heaven?

And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. Acts 1:9 (NASB)

They saw Him go up into a cloud that received Him out of their sight.

He was received into the cloud in the air. That's exactly how He told them He would return.

"...and they shall see the Son of Man coming upon the clouds of the heaven..." Matthew 24:30 (YLT)

Jesus *said to him, "you will see THE SON OF MAN SITTING AT THE RIGHT HAND OF POWER, and COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN." Matthew 26:64 (NASB)

That's the way He was taken up, that's the way He returned: His presence at the judgment and destruction of Jerusalem attended with the clouds of heaven.

Show me anywhere in that verse where it says He will rule them from earth.

Show me anywhere in this verse where it says He will rule them from earth.

You're imposing your belief on the text and not letting the text define your belief.

(Rev 20:6) Blessed and holy [is] he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

How did they see Him go into heaven?

And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. Acts 1:9 (NASB)

They saw Him go up into a cloud that received Him out of their sight.

He was received into the cloud in the air. That's exactly how He told them He would return.

"...and they shall see the Son of Man coming upon the clouds of the heaven..." Matthew 24:30 (YLT)

Jesus *said to him, "you will see THE SON OF MAN SITTING AT THE RIGHT HAND OF POWER, and COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF HEAVEN." Matthew 26:64 (NASB)

That's the way He was taken up, that's the way He returned: His presence at the judgment and destruction of Jerusalem attended with the clouds of heaven.

What you posted is so twisted, that the last concluding line has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the post.

(1Thess 4:14) For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus.
Yes, God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus into His presence!

For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us, so that whether we are awake or asleep, we will live together with Him. 1 Thessalonians 5:9-10 (NASB)

Get it?

whether we are awake or asleep, we will live together with Him

God brings us into His presence through the gospel of Jesus Christ and His shed blood, so that whether we are awake or alseep (alive or dead) we will live together with Him!

And where has He been since He ascended???

At the right hand of the Father!

If you're a Christian, you are with Him in heaven right this very minute!

But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:4-7 (NASB)

Futurism teaches and preaches a different gospel.

(Rev 20:6) Blessed and holy [is] he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

Show me anywhere in that verse that says He will rule from earth.

What you posted is so twisted, that the last concluding line has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the post.

Your inability to understand the words of Christ regarding everything He said does not constitute a failure on my part to provide them.

Stormcrow,

If you had missed this, please address this first:

Jesus Himself said He is not a Spirit:

(Luke 24:39) "Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have."

To believe Jesus will not come in clouds is denying His very nature of Him being flesh and bones.

Father is not the Son, Son is not the Holy Spirit and Father is not the Holy Spirit, yet all three are One. Believing in Father is the Son or Son is the Holy Spirit or Holy Spirit is the Father is Sabellianism which is a heresy. It is also labelled as Patripassianism by Tertullian.

Substituting Holy Spirit in place of Jesus Christ where Scripture plainly speaks about Christ, is heresy called Sabellianism and a direct denial of of the concept of Trinity.

Do you believe in Trinity?

People that spiritualize everything they don't like or understand, end up twisting and perverting the word to fit there mindset. The result is heresy!

Scripture teaches concerning the return of Jesus Christ resurrection -

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's at His coming. 24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power.

To say that the resurrection has past is heresy!

I believe the scriptures!

Scripture teaches concerning the return of Jesus Christ and the resurrection-

1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

The "man of sin" comes first, deceives those into believing he is God.

The safeguard against being deceived by this false messiah is found in the words of scripture -

29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

No one will have to tell you The Lord Jesus has returned, No one! Because -

Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.

As lightning strikes in the east and is seen in the west so shall it be with the coming of the Lord.

People that tell you Jesus has already returned, are setting you up to be deceived by the Lawless one.

9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 2 Thessalonians 2:9-10

The Lord Jesus will destroy the Lawless one when He returns!

And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.

Believe the scriptures!

Don't believe those who would traffic in heresies!

The way of truth is the scriptures and The Spirit of Truth!

The Holy Spirit will lead you and guide you into all truth!

God's word is truth!

1 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. 2 And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. 2 Peter 2:1-2

JLB

People that spiritualize everything they don't like or understand, end up twisting and perverting the word to fit there mindset. The result is heresy!
JLB Is it dreaded spiritualization to say the Kingdom of God is with in us?
Luk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
Yet is it heresy for you to be looking for a literal kingdom?

By the same token lateralization of Scripture twist and perverts the Word also....
God teaches us at different speeds and ways.

Lets just use
Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Did these things literally come to pass shortly?

Mat 26:26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.

Literal or Spiritual? thats an easy one...

Mat 26:61 And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days.

which is the above verse?..

I too can truthfully say i believe in the Scriptures. I dont agree with on every point nor to Storm and i agree on all points.... We are all searching and looking for truth. The scriptural truth i held for about 30 years of adult life is not the same today. I was/am not a heretic.

We are brothers and sisters in the Lord. Discussing His Word.

When we were kids mom could say 'time to clean your room' maybe to your/my sister that meant get out the vacuum do the laundry change the bedding... maybe to you/me it meant grab the dirty clothes off the floor throw them in the hamper pull the spread over the bed.... God opens our ears to His Word He teaches us as He wills. Not that one is better then another just different.

JLB Is it dreaded spiritualization to say the Kingdom of God is with in us?
Luk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

By the same token lateralization of Scripture twist and perverts the Word also....
God teaches us at different speeds and ways.

Lets just use
Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Did these things literally come to pass shortly?

Mat 26:26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.

Literal or Spiritual? thats an easy one...

Mat 26:61 And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days.

which is the above verse?..

I too can truthfully say i believe in the Scriptures. I dont agree with on every point nor to Storm and i agree on all points.... We are all searching and looking for truth. The scriptural truth i held for about 30 years of adult life is not the same today. I was/am not a heretic.

We are brothers and sisters in the Lord. Discussing His Word.

When we were kids mom could say 'time to clean your room' maybe to your/my sister that meant get out the vacuum do the laundry change the bedding... maybe to you/me it meant grab the dirty clothes off the floor throw them in the hamper pull the spread over the bed.... God opens our ears to His Word He teaches us as He wills. Not that one is better then another just different.

Yet is it heresy for you to be looking for a literal kingdom?
Those are your words, not mine!

These are my words -

Scripture teaches concerning the return of Jesus Christ resurrection -

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. 23 But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ's at His coming. 24 Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power.

These are my words -

Scripture teaches concerning the return of Jesus Christ and the resurrection-

1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

The "man of sin" comes first, deceives those into believing he is God.

The safeguard against being deceived by this false messiah is found in the words of scripture -

29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

No one will have to tell you The Lord Jesus has returned, No one! Because -

Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him. And all the tribes of the earth will mourn because of Him. Even so, Amen.

As lightning strikes in the east and is seen in the west so shall it be with the coming of the Lord.

People that tell you Jesus has already returned, are setting you up to be deceived by the Lawless one.

9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 2 Thessalonians 2:9-10

The Lord Jesus will destroy the Lawless one when He returns!

And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.

Believe the scriptures!

Don't believe those who would traffic in heresies!

The literal kingdom phrase is your words!

I simply write what the scriptures say!

JLB

When will the resurrection of the dead take place?

JLB

I answered in post 352 along with an explanation that is not in this post. It is easy to 'loose' posts :yes

In His Words....The resurrection ( like what your talking about ) is the last day.....

Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Joh 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day
Joh 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

The literal kingdom phrase is your words!

I simply write what the scriptures say!

Have i misunderstood your words and use of Scripture? Are you not looking to His returning to a literal kingdom? If so i do apologize. Literal kingdom is only a descriptive phrase.

Have i misunderstood your words and use of Scripture? Are you not looking to His returning to a literal kingdom? If so i do apologize. Literal kingdom is only a descriptive phrase.

I am looking for the literal return of Jesus Christ, whereby every eye will see Him and the dead in Christ shall be resurrected!

Thats what I am looking for.

JLB

As you can read i have not nor will i say the resurrection is past.

Are you as angry as your posts read? I could well be misunderstand your use of bold and red..hope so :yes

I am looking for the literal return of Jesus Christ, whereby every eye will see Him and the dead in Christ shall be resurrected!

Thats what I am looking for.

JLB
So your not expecting Him to have a literal earthly Kingdom. Ok got it...

OP, I'm sure you've heard lots & lots of interpretations here. I'll only comment that I'm inclined to think this is a prediction of the witness to Jesus' Transfiguration.

There are premillenial interpretations that one generation will not pass until all the end-time prophecies are fulfilled.

And there are interpretations that "the time of the Gentiles" is considered a generation and "will not pass" until Jesus' apocalyptic predictions are fulfilled.

I'm inclined to the first.

As you can read i have not nor will i say the resurrection is past.
What event will "trigger" the resurrection of the dead? Based on this scripture -

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17

Are you as angry as your posts read? I could well be misunderstand your use of bold and red..hope so
I use bold, underline and red to emphasize a word or phrase.:)

JLB

What event will "trigger" the resurrection of the dead? Based on this scripture -

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17

I use bold, underline and red to emphasize a word or phrase.:)

JLB
Why should i or Jesus for that matter base the timing of the resurrection on a scripture you want?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why should i or Jesus form that matter base the timing of the resurrection on a scripture you want?

It is a clear scripture the refers to the resurrection of the dead in Christ!

Please use scripture in your answer.

Thanks JLB

Back