Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Message to GOD"S elect

hmm, I cannot see the 2nd page in this thread. Did I post?

There are some database errors that the ADMINs are aware of and are working on (it seems better since yesterday).
I would apologize though for the inconvenience and hope you can see your posts properly now..

:):) Praise, honor and Glory be to Jesus Christ our Saviour now and forever.
You know who you are and our Lord knows who are his. We belong to him!
Times are rapidly moving toward the end of all things as we know them, and all is in God's perfect control. Brethern, resit to the end and be rewarded by him when he returns to get us. He is our hope and our rightousness.
The most successfull doctrine of men and the devil, is their rejecting of Limited Attonment. This is widely taught and accepted, embraced and heard in most churches today. We know this is as it should be. Resist this terrible lie at all times.
There is no need to expound on this because this message is to his election and those who are not his will not understand unless he has mercy upon them and opens their eyes as only he can do. They HATE the true gospil of a Soverign God and they will fight against it.
But we embrace this glorious wonderfull fact that he died for his choosen people and we can rest in that forever. HE alone gives life.
Praise him for HIS mercy and HIS grace and HIS completed work and that he alone and by himself took ALL our sins away forever. His name is JESUS CHRIST the LORD and SAVIOUR and he RULES right now on his throne as The Soverign and GREAT GOD he is. Rejoice that he included you and know you are not alone. I precieve that on this site their are a few (not many) who are his.
Amen, the fruits of the truth and eternal security are seen in your post.

Ga 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance:

Coming to CFnet a couple years ago my leanings were way to the , for lack of vocabulary, Calvinism side of this topic... After reading many , not all, of the post, and members here. For now I see the arrogance written into many postings. Does arrogance show up because they can not write any better then me? I had thought one of the 'ideas' of the Calvinistic teaching was we are to treat the other guy as one of God's because we don't know who is or isn't. I don't read that idea coming through the postings from those on the Calvinist side.
Could it be that the so called Hyper-Calvinist are so vocal it taints the whole? I read a lot of US and you. It is a shame to my understanding for this to be so.

I don't read that idea coming through the postings from those on the Calvinist side.
Could it be that the so called Hyper-Calvinist are so vocal it taints the whole? I read a lot of US and you. It is a shame to my understanding for this to be so.

It could be that someone running around here is deleting my post that would turn these "Election" folks over to the right path of understanding. Seriously, God picks who roast in hell and who don't. I have a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell you, and then some ocean property In Illinois.

Had someone not deleted my post, all these people would have turned from their confused ways. I just know it, or maybe in 3 post they would have turned, or 4, but some people are just slow.

Mike.

Learn to post with out snarks, reba

Last edited by a moderator:
Coming to CFnet a couple years ago my leanings were way to the , for lack of vocabulary, Calvinism side of this topic... After reading many , not all, of the post, and members here. For now I see the arrogance written into many postings. Does arrogance show up because they can not write any better then me? I had thought one of the 'ideas' of the Calvinistic teaching was we are to treat the other guy as one of God's because we don't know who is or isn't. I don't read that idea coming through the postings from those on the Calvinist side.
Yes when others are confident in the truth that we are unable to accept, we often find this seems arrogant. The religious and legalist of the Lords day and Pauls day, always made the charge of arrogance that they dared to speak of Gods sure grace and promises. When if fact its just the opposite? Those who trust in Gods Grace are humble, for they have no confidence in the flesh or self effort. It is those who think they can or have earn something of Gods Righteousness, that are in the pride of the flesh. The reason my salvation is absolute and sure is because its based upon Gods Grace, His strength and His faithfulness to keep me. Yes I am confident in the Lord and power of His Might.

God picks who roast in hell and who don't. I have a bridge in Brooklyn I would like to sell you, and then some ocean property In Illinois.
If not God? who? You?

Ro 9:14 ¶ What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

It is not a work of mine. It is the work of God. I can add nothing nor take nothing away from HIS work and it is HIS faith he gives to believe only on him. I believe Jesus Christ is my Saviour and I give him ALL the glory, honor and praise to him as he allows me to do so. I have ceased from my work, trying to please him, which can never be. Only one pleases God and that is Jesus Christ the Lord. When God sees me he sees his son, and NEVER anything I would ever say or do. He alone is our hope and our rightousness. And just believing is not enough if he has not given you a new spirit and a new heart as only he can do. Anyone can say they believe. I hope you belong to him, but if you continue to trust in your works, you may have a ways to go. Only he can save anyone and I hope he is working in you.

The Justice of God condemns all men and demands our perfection. We cannot render that to God but there is one who did. That is the Soverign,
and pefect Saviour who did it all. One scripture comes to mind. That is Plsm 14:1 through 3 and spoken of again in Romans 3:10 through 20. If men believed in their heart, it is because God Gave them new heart to do so. Thank God he has a people.

When the scriptures say NONE are rightous, NONE do good, NONE understand, NONE seek GOD and then by the deeds of the Law there shall be no flesh justified in his site, what then can you offer. Answer NOTHING. If God looks down upon men and does not see his son, we are lost.

And yes I believe I was elected and saved by his mecry and His Grace and I am on firm, stong ground of Christ the Lord in me. Again who will believe? NONE None but God's elect, choosen by him before the world was made. He chose, them, paid the price in blood for THERE sins,
and he lives and rules on his throne right now over all his creation. We are his blood bought children who thank him daily for what HE did, does and will do.

20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? James 2:20

Just because you say you are God's elect, doesn't make it so.

Just because you say you are God's chosen, doesn't make it so.

Just because you believe you are God's chosen, doesn't make it true.

Because, without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

and

Faith without works is dead.

17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover." Mark 16:17

Do you have the evidence of these signs operating in your life, that represent and validate that you believe?

As many as are led by the Spirit of God, THESE are the Sons of God.

Just because you say, or you believe that you are God's chose doesn't mean a hill of beans.

Then proof is is the signs that follow.

Talk is cheap!

JLB

If not God? who? You?

Ro 9:14 ¶ What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

George, you have a very strange way of reading scriptures. He will have mercy on who he will have mercy on, and compassion who he will have compassion on. It's nothing anyone does, God is Merciful.
For God is even good and gracious toward the thankful even, because God is good.

I don't see anywhere in those scriptures you posted that God may just choose not to be nice to someone or merciful. God is not unrighteous by geing good to even the most rotten on the planet. God's mercy extends to everyone, even if we don't think it should.

That is what those scriptures say. Perhaps we need to keep reading though. You picked the wrong scriptures to make your point, only showing that God is just good. You can do better, heck even I can do better proving Election and I don't buy into election except that born again you are created for God's workmanship and now a body part that God chooses.

This has nothing to do with God choosing who roast in hell, and who does not. God has a path, a plan for everyone and nobody's plan is to burn in Hell just for giggles.

God always shows Mercy!!!!!

Rom 9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

Mercy!!! Pharaoh did not even deserve to be king, Pharaoh was a looser, day one. Yet, God handed this man a kingdom, filled Pharaoh's pockets with wealth, Hooked the man up big time for God sets up Kings and removes them. How Pharaoh get so lucky? Not fair, but God is just good to everyone and who can reply to God's goodness?

Rom 9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

2Ti 2:20
But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
2Ti 2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

What did Pharaoh choose? He decided not to follow God, after God hooked him up and made him King. That is what He did. Pharaoh hardened His heart toward God first. What did God do? Paul tells us.

Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

God put up with Pharaoh for years before God had enough. God is full of mercy, but if a man won't get in line, then there must be judgment.

If not God? who? You?

No George.......... You decide. You work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. You!!! believe on the Lord Jesus. You purge your own self to be a vessel made for use. You do George.

Mike.

George, you have a very strange way of reading scriptures. He will have mercy on who he will have mercy on, and compassion who he will have compassion on. It's nothing anyone does, God is Merciful.
For God is even good and gracious toward the thankful even, because God is good.

I don't see anywhere in those scriptures you posted that God may just choose not to be nice to someone or merciful

I posted the scriptures, if there is any confusion about them? Its not on my part. And the very point being made is that God in fact does "choose" and decide, not man.
Ro 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
14 ¶ What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
Ro 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
25 ¶ As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

No George.......... You decide. You work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Yes because it is God who works in me, to will and act according to His own good purpose. I did not save myself nor did I choose Him, but He "choose" me. Fear and trembling is admission of ones own inability and forsaking of "self-will" or free-will as some like to call it.

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

There are a few true elected, faithfull christians on this site

Am I one?
See this is the thing? God gave His elect a witness, if you have the witness? You are "elect". If you do not have it? You best be asking God why not? Most likely you are just in mans religion and not in the Kingdom of God.

1Jo 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

Now step 2? Believe the promises made to the "elect"

No George.......... You decide. You work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Yes because it is God who works in me, to will and act according to His own good purpose. I did not save myself nor did I choose Him, but He "choose" me. Fear and trembling is admission of ones own inability and forsaking of "self-will" or free-will as some like to call it.

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: John 1:12

A person must choose of the free will, to receive Him.

Once a person chooses to receive Him, they now have the right TO BECOME sons of God, by continuing...

JLB

12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: John 1:12

Once a person chooses to receive Him, they now have the right TO BECOME sons of God, by continuing...

JLB
Yes a submission to Gods Will, but it is Gods Will, not mans.

JLB
Yes a submission to Gods Will, but it is Gods Will, not mans.

God's will is for not any should perish.

It's God's will all are saved.

Your free will has to be engaged for you to be saved.

Of your free will you must choose to receive Him.

The will of God in verse 13 is God's will for all to be saved.

Not God's will just for a few "elect" to be saved.

I hope you see the difference.

JLB

Back