Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Mice In My Kitchen

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
When we still had mice and when one of the mice got into the poison laid out, one of them staggered into the kitchen once. I wasn't there, but from what I'm told he didn't seem to be in his right mind. He bumped into my mom's leg and when she screamed he just stared up at her. After that he went behind the fridge, ignoring the trap set there, and died by the next day.

Another time I was about to enter the bathroom and almost stepped on a half-dead mouse in the middle of the floor. He was still alive, but seemed to not be able to see or hear anything. He'd move if I poked him, but not much. I put a box on top of him and waited until he died a couple of hours later before I threw him out.

Found tons of dead mice in the pantry around that time, too.

cdf162fe8aa15f1e3e232ec646160ab4.jpg

I have mice also. Winter time they come inside
I got a new type of trap yesterday where they go inside it and can not get back out
It is a big trap and holds many mice
I think the other mice try to save their friends and go into it also
I caught 5 yesterday and 3 already today

They are fast little things.One night I was laying on my couch reading.I was sure that something just flashed across the rug.It was going lightning speed and they are so quiet hence the saying "Quiet as a mouse" :)

cf7fd87d190019effaef58504921d474.jpg
This reminds me of Mission Impossible.Do you remember that television show?
"This tape will self-destruct in 5 seconds". :lol

with all our recent cold weather and snow I'm going to the kitchen to look for signs of mice. They're dirty little freeloaders of my food and heat in the time of storm.
:chair

with all our recent cold weather and snow I'm going to the kitchen to look for signs of mice. They're dirty little freeloaders of my food and heat in the time of storm.
:chair

They are! Grrr. They like dog food I saw one trying to jump into my dogs bowl before. I know if given the chance they would carry away his food and stash it in the walls. Good thing the dog bowls sit up some, bwahahaha. My dog Riggs has caught like 5 mice now. He hunts them since I have no cats! Good Boy!! :sohappy

I thought I had a bird dog, but nope, he's a mouser.

My dad made me feed the dog outside a long time ago --until we found out that attracted rats to the porch.

I think that I have finally won the war' I think the last mouse was eradicated today' he stumbled out of the kitchen like he or she was blind into the living room and was swept into a dust pan and dumped out side in the snow. It tried to dig down in the snow but did not have the strength to do so' so I buried it in the snow. They ate big portions of the poison, the kind that dries you out among other things.

I think that I have finally won the war' I think the last mouse was eradicated today' he stumbled out of the kitchen like he or she was blind into the living room and was swept into a dust pan and dumped out side in the snow. It tried to dig down in the snow but did not have the strength to do so' so I buried it in the snow. They ate big portions of the poison, the kind that dries you out among other things.
they usually use a blood thinner to kill them or a nerve toxin. read the antidote for the blood thinner if consumed by a human. vitamin k 2g

They are back, I have caught 1 and found one dead. I have not been able to find how they are coming in though. I can't stand them, they leave droppings all over my kitchen counter, and in the stove. And them suckers are expert wire climbers, looks like this is a job for hitman bruno the cat. That My Cat topic reminded me of my problem, I have been at war with them for a month.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Hey it's Kalishnakitty! They're coming back in at my house too. They climb up the refrigerator wire and onto the counter. I tried some aluminum foil formed into a cone wrapped around the wire and it was sort of effective for awhile last year in keeping them off the counter. I'm thinking a coat of plain old vaseline would do it too.

I tried everything last year and the only thing that wound up being effective was that poison that dries 'em up. My dog caught 5 or 6 of them. More than any cat I've ever seen catch.

cat-chasing-tail-smiley-emoticon.gif
h0901.gif

Winter's coming, poor things don't want to have to live outside. You may learn to love them with time...

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back