Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

My latest understanding of who is going to heaven

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I believe God elects certain people for certain and specific tasks and roles. It is up to those elected to follow through.

Jacob was elected to become Israel, the tribe of Judah was elected to bring about the Messiah Moses was elected to lead the Israelites out of bondage, Jonah was elected to preach to Niniva. The 12 apostles were elected to spread the Gospel The Bible is full of God's elect and describes their mission as well as their failures and they are testiments to faith that we can take courage from through your own election.

God choose, created and nurtured His elect nation Israel for a purpose ( Deuteronomy 4:6 ) . We Christians now carry that responsibility. Matthew 28:19-20

In short, the Pharisees and some nationalists believed that since they were sons of Abraham, they were automatically "in". They took their election for granted and lost site of their true purpose.
Yes, I do agree with the above. God chose certain people to do certain specific tasks for Him as He willed. Mary would be another example...Elizabeth, John the Baptist.

In the general paradigm of salvation economy, I'd have to say that the person chooses to serve and worship God...we do have a say in our salvation.

I'd like to offer a suggestion as to who/why
God chooses and calls some, but not others.
Several times in the OT, God says He desires to dwell
with those who have humble and contrite hearts.
IMO, these people choose to live this way;
God didn't create them with these attributes.
i can agree with that he certainly never forces him self on us. takes a willing heart

Last edited:
Why is no one commenting on Julie Whedbee's messages,
which she insists are from Father God and Jesus?

God's true prophets/watchmen are simply passing on
God's WARNINGS to the church ... because ...
the church is fast asleep, and it has NOT taken
God's WARNINGS to the church in the NT seriously!

What God's true prophets/watchmen are saying are just
simply CONFIRMATIONS of what the NT warns about!

MacArthur wrote a book titled "The Gospel According to Jesus"
in which he expounded on many of Jesus' "hard sayings",
which most people are very uncomfortable with.
Truly, the whole book was AGAINST eternal security!
This book is extremely impressive, and was instrumental
in forming some of my current understanding, etc.

To the best of my recollection ...
Some time later, his denomination threaten to banish him
unless he retracted his book, which he did (as far as I know).
(This info is open to review and correction.)
I haven't read the book but know enough to say that most probably the book was correct in how John Calvin explained Perseverance of the Saints.

Most Christians would be shocked to find out that he believed in works! Something many calvinists are against because they believe that once they are saved, nothing can take them from the salvation of God.

John Calvin believed that those TRULY called and chosen by God must do His works and Persevere till the end. IF they didn't, it meant they were never chosen to begin with....and herein is that much taught OSAS that is taught today. And even taken a bit farther to say that we could live however we want to because we will retain salvation ... some do believe this (not all).

Since his book was probably feared to be misunderstood, his denomination demanded it to be removed from circulation.

Interesting....

Who's Judy Whedbee's and why is she different from anyone else?

I sometimes quote the early church fathers who SHOULD be listened to and I'm told they weren't inspired. What makes you think she's inspired? Isn't the word of God enough?

In His great mercy and grace, He has been warning
for decades before He finally unleashes His wrath.

Who's Judy Whedbee's and why is she different from anyone else?
I sometimes quote the early church fathers who SHOULD be listened to and I'm told they weren't inspired. What makes you think she's inspired? Isn't the word of God enough?
Please re-think this entire post ... and try again.

I am saying that false doctrines from Satan often cause
a false sense of security for those deceived by them!
These deceived believers then fail to carry out God's plans
for them, which includes obedience to God's commands.
you have a good point .but may i ask what you consider false doctrines from Satan ?

Please refer to post #43.
the osas /eternal security teaching if taught right is not necessarily false doctrine. there is a fine line there . if taught right it will plainly state it is a license to sin or reason/or excuse to say it will be ok i am saved and will still go to heaven.. we are truly only saved one time. not several we are told to repent ..we are told to sin not but if we do we have a advocate ..that is neither osas or osnas its Bible .. the prosperity preaching i do not go along with . God does not want us all Rich .he will make a way for us to make a good living provided we apply our self.. . once again parts i agree with parts i do not

This is taken from www.gotquestions.org How can I know if I am one of the elect. There are some of their articles I do not agree with, but this one makes God's elect very clear.

The doctrine of election according to scripture is that God chooses, determines, elects and predestines who will be saved. The fact that believers are elect is undisputable.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. 7 In
whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; 8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; 9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: 10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: 11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: 12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

1 Thessalonians 1:2 We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers; 3 Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father; 4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God. 5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

God calls us to believe, to receive Christ Jesus as Savior, by grace through faith.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Ephesians 2: 8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

No one can receive Jesus as Savior unless God draws them to Him and one cannot repent unless God grants repentance.

John 6: 44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Acts 11:18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

If you have received Jesus Christ as your Savior, trusting Him alone for salvation , believing that His sacrifice is the full payment for your sins then you are one of God's elect.

I believe God elects certain people for certain and specific tasks and roles. It is up to those elected to follow through.

Yes, I do agree with the above. God chose certain people to do certain specific tasks for Him as He willed. Mary would be another example...Elizabeth, John the Baptist.

Pharaoh of Egypt was also elected of God for a purpose. Some are elected to wrath.

Pharaoh of Egypt was also elected of God for a purpose. Some are elected to wrath.
I don't think that's the biblical narrative I'm familiar with.... It's a good study. Perhaps I'll start a biblical study on those passages in Exodus and we can better understand Paul's perspective. Look for it this evening. Should be fun.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back